Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the best CB in the NFC East
Sheldon Brown 11 6.40%
Lito Sheppard 60 34.88%
Terence Newman 86 50.00%
Shawn Springs 14 8.14%
Anthony Henry 1 0.58%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I am done now. You have proven how unknowledgeable you are of football, and life in general. Good day, sir.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
No, really?

Just testing your homer boundaries.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Cowboys get no pressure and that's the reason for Newman's lack of INTs, then how come Roy Williams had 5 and Pat Watkins had 3? The Bucs had 9 less sacks on the season (and much less overall pressure) than the Cowboys, and Ronde had 3 INTs. That's 3x Newman's output. Ware always brings pressure, it's just there's no one else on their defense to take advantage of the sack oppurtunities when Ware chases away the QBs. That's the definition of pressure, and it should lead to lots of interceptions for a superstar like Newman. I don't think Deion would get only 1 interception on that defense, and Lito Sheppard wouldn't either.....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could Shiver be so stupid, Newman has no flaws. He is also ridiculously good looking and has fathered at least 400 babies with 300 different mothers. Shiver being a complete homer =/
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you serious? ball skills are one of his best attributes, but ok.

And henry is a great #2 CB, just to let you know.
If Newman and Henry were both so "great," teams wouldn't have eaten the Cowboys pass defense alive last year. They did. Pass defense was the main reason they're team imploded down the stretch. Newman didn't play that great down the stretch, he did play great early in the year, it's just everyone else played worse. Henry is absolutely not "great" by any means.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
How could Shiver be so stupid, Newman has no flaws. He is also ridiculously good looking and has fathered at least 400 babies with 300 different mothers. Shiver being a complete homer =/
Plus he looks like Usher. What else can you ask for.

PS.
Please don't associate Tnew with the rest of the Cowboys fans here.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If Newman and Henry were both so "great," teams wouldn't have eaten the Cowboys pass defense alive last year. They did. Pass defense was the main reason they're team imploded down the stretch. Newman didn't play that great down the stretch, he did play great early in the year, it's just everyone else played worse. Henry is absolutely not "great" by any means.
The pass defense getting eaten alive was all the pass rush's fault. And every other player on the team except for Terence Newman, and Anthony Henry to an extent, because he is such a great #2 corner.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Hello, we had no pressure, and we had horrible safeties. As for Newman not getting picks, he is thrown at 2.44 times a game, the lowest by far in the NFL, that is why. The next closest is bailey with 4.13.

That is for #1 CBs, not #2s or #3s.

And how do I not know any football eaglesalltheway? because you lost, and you know Newman is better? oh, good reason to me.

Newman is such a better CB than anyone in the east it is funny, you just can't accept it because he is a cowboy.

Why do I always get eaton alive, for sticking up for my favorite player, plus when I am right. This just makes no sense.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Plus he looks like Usher. What else can you ask for.

PS.
Please don't associate Tnew with the rest of the Cowboys fans here.
Don't worry, I won't. It just seems like he has some issues to work out...

Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Now Henry is supposedly a #1 CB on teams across the NFL?

Come on bro, Cowboys fans werfe out for his head in December and want him move to FS.

What a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Maybe because he had a knee injury?

and he could be a #1 on some teams, not all, He was before he got to Dallas.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, hopefully this doesn't annoy Eagles fans, but their DL is not that good. That's why they are going into this offseason with the intention of upgrading their DL. Sacks are nice, and the Eagles do a good job at that, but their overall DL play was very spotty at the POA, which exposed their back 7 consistently. I value POA about as much as I value sacks when discussing the relative impact it has on the cornerbacks. Consistent POA at the line opens things up for the defense more, and the Eagles play at the POA was ugly last year, allowing for teams to change and adjust their gameplans.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them add a DE and a DT ... despite drafting DT's early the last 2 years. Sacks are nice, but they don't tell the entire story (btw, Philly had 40 sacks to Dallas' 34, and 6 sacks is not the world's difference, especially when Dallas played better at the POA, which helps the corners).

I'll say it again ... had Anthony Henry been a bit healthier this year, Terence Newman would've been picked on more. But as the season progressed, it was well known that Henry could be attacked, and it was well known that the deep support wasn't there.

By no means am I saying that Newman is bad. I think he's a very good corner, upper echelon in the league (I haven't really thought about where I'd rank him overall, as I haven't really thought about it). But I don't think the coverage skill of Newman is that much better than Sheppard, and I think Lito's playmaking instincts are better and his reactions are better as well.

What the heck does college tapes have to do with their play in the NFL after so many years? I have seen Newman's college tapes when he was coming out. Yes, he can make plays. But I think Lito is the better playmaker in regards to ball skills, anticipation, and instincts.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

He is never thrown at, Lito is. What don't you undertand? You can't pick off what isn't there.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hello, we had no pressure, and we had horrible safeties. As for Newman not getting picks, he is thrown at 2.44 times a game, the lowest by far in the NFL, that is why. The next closest is bailey with 4.13.

That is for #1 CBs, not #2s or #3s.

And how do I not know any football eaglesalltheway? because you lost, and you know Newman is better? oh, good reason to me.

Newman is such a better CB than anyone in the east it is funny, you just can't accept it because he is a cowboy.

Why do I always get eaton alive, for sticking up for my favorite player, plus when I am right. This just makes no sense.
Sheppard also had a better cornerback playing opposite him than Newman did last year, which increases the potential for teams to challenge him, and decreases the potential of teams challenging Newman as much.

And i'm not sure if you realized this, but the Eagles safety support, while better than the Cowboys, wasn't that much better. Lewis stunk it up in coverage and was shown the door, and Considine was consistent ... but nothing special. Brian Dawkins has definitely lost a step in coverage, although he's still solid/good.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Maybe because he had a knee injury?

and he could be a #1 on some teams, not all, He was before he got to Dallas.
haha.....

If you think that saying Henry could be a #1 CB on the worst teams in the NFL makes your argument for him stronger, go right ahead. But the fact that COWBOYS fans have been talking about him being moved to FS speaks bigger volumes to me than one of the biggest homers in this board proclaiming him as a good CB.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-10-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for Newman not getting picks, he is thrown at 2.44 times a game, the lowest by far in the NFL, that is why. The next closest is bailey with 4.13.
And Bailey had like 10 ints. If Newman was such a playmaker, he would have been able to make the most out of the few balls thrown to him just like Champ. And we already established that a big reason he was thrown to so rarely was because of the poor play by the rest of the secondary.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

I agree that there safties weren't that much better.

Hopefully this year with Wade Phillips' new shemes, we will get a lot of pressure, and Newman will get some picks, and finally make his first pro-bowl, even though he should already have been to 2 of them.

This will be Newman's best year, and witht he years he has already had, that is saying something.

As for Newman being in the upper echleon, no, he is top 5, no question. A giants fan has him in his top 3, thats says enough right there.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Bailey also has hands of glue....
TNewFan41
Veteran

w/e, I'm out, Newman is the best CB in the East, and everyone besides eaglesalltheway, who knows he is anyway, has agreed that Newman is the best, so I am done here.
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Um, hopefully this doesn't annoy Eagles fans, but their DL is not that good. That's why they are going into this offseason with the intention of upgrading their DL. Sacks are nice, and the Eagles do a good job at that, but their overall DL play was very spotty at the POA, which exposed their back 7 consistently. I value POA about as much as I value sacks when discussing the relative impact it has on the cornerbacks. Consistent POA at the line opens things up for the defense more, and the Eagles play at the POA was ugly last year, allowing for teams to change and adjust their gameplans.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them add a DE and a DT ... despite drafting DT's early the last 2 years. Sacks are nice, but they don't tell the entire story (btw, Philly had 40 sacks to Dallas' 34, and 6 sacks is not the world's difference, especially when Dallas played better at the POA, which helps the corners).

I'll say it again ... had Anthony Henry been a bit healthier this year, Terence Newman would've been picked on more. But as the season progressed, it was well known that Henry could be attacked, and it was well known that the deep support wasn't there.

By no means am I saying that Newman is bad. I think he's a very good corner, upper echelon in the league (I haven't really thought about where I'd rank him overall, as I haven't really thought about it). But I don't think the coverage skill of Newman is that much better than Sheppard, and I think Lito's playmaking instincts are better and his reactions are better as well.

What the heck does college tapes have to do with their play in the NFL after so many years? I have seen Newman's college tapes when he was coming out. Yes, he can make plays. But I think Lito is the better playmaker in regards to ball skills, anticipation, and instincts.
This wouldn't annoy Eagles fans. I am pretty sure most of us would agree with you actually. We did get pressure, but played horrible at the POA, which is why it was easy for many teams to run on us for most of the year. We do need to bring in a DT and a DE that would be good against the run, so I am in agreemant with you there as well.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 03-10-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree that there safties weren't that much better.

Hopefully this year with Wade Phillips' new shemes, we will get a lot of pressure, and Newman will get some picks, and finally make his first pro-bowl, even though he should already have been to 2 of them.

This will be Newman's best year, and witht he years he has already had, that is saying something.

As for Newman being in the upper echleon, no, he is top 5, no question. A giants fan has him in his top 3, thats says enough right there.

Yeah 1 person says he's top 3 so it must mean he is. As I said it's all opinion.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
w/e, I'm out, Newman is the best CB in the East, and everyone besides eaglesalltheway, who knows he is anyway, has agreed that Newman is the best, so I am done here.
Is it me or does that sentence make absolutely no sense whatsoever?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Okay, a Giants fan has him in the top 3. What's that supposed to mean? Is that the end all and be all of it? I can see top 5 potentially.

Off the top of my head, ecluding Sheppard for now, as that's the debating point, this past year, I think Bailey and McAllister are ahead of the pack. There's a pack of corners after that which I would bunch Newman into. Guys like Asomugha, Mathis (who I think I'd place third), Jammer, Newman, Sheppard. There's a couple other names that could be bunched in there.

I'd say my top 3 this past year at CB would probably be Bailey, McAllister, Mathis in that order. I'd have to think and look over some things later to determine how I'd rank the rest of it. But Newman's definitely top 10, I'd have to think a little more to see if I'd put him top 5.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Actually toonsterwu has said Sheppard is the better overall corner and he is not only completely unbiased but one of the more intelligent posters on this site.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares what does it matter? How bout someone starts a new thread a broncos fan would be perfect and do Who is the best CB in the NFL? thens lets see how good Newman is if you aint first your nothing.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote