Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-10-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jimmy Williams

What will be his position next year? Will you guys keep him at CB, or move him to FS? Has the coaching staff said anything about it?

Im hoping you guys convert him so Landry could fall to the Jaguars. Thats probably the only hope my Giants have of landing Reggie Nelson.

I think anyway you guys might be better off trading up and aquiring multiple picks.

With your draft position, there really isn't anyone outside of Landry that you guys need that would warrant that pick in the draft.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What will be his position next year? Will you guys keep him at CB, or move him to FS? Has the coaching staff said anything about it?

Im hoping you guys convert him so Landry could fall to the Jaguars. Thats probably the only hope my Giants have of landing Reggie Nelson.

I think anyway you guys might be better off trading up and aquiring multiple picks.

With your draft position, there really isn't anyone outside of Landry that you guys need that would warrant that pick in the draft.
If Lynch is off the borad Landry wont get past the Packers.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
If Lynch is off the borad Landry wont get past the Packers.
I doubt Lynch will be off the board by then. Packers are getting Lynch unless they follow the Shannahan route and go with a later round RB. Maybe Kenny Irons in round 2.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I doubt Lynch will be off the board by then. Packers are getting Lynch unless they follow the Shannahan route and go with a later round RB. Maybe Kenny Irons in round 2.
well with players like Tony Hunt who will be there in round 2 i doubt we take Lynch. Jimmy Williams is staying at CB because thats were they need most of the help at.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, none of us have any clue. This is one of the most discussed things in Falcon-dom. I doubt we will know until after O.T.As begin actually. Although, I was conjecturing to myself that maybe why they signed Lewis Sanders, yet didn't cut Rossum or Webster as I expected, was they planned on moving Williams to FS. Pure speculation, of course.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping Atlanta actually gives Jimmy a chance at CB before they go and make this switch. Mora Jr. didn't have any trust in him... hopefully Petrino at least gives him the chance. I'm hoping we cut Webster and Rossum, then draft LaRon Landry.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, I HOPE he stays at corner, because I think in man coverage he offers one of the most difficult matchups in the league. His size, stregnth, and speed are all amazing, and I think as a corner within that 5 yard bump he could destroy a lot of routes before they even start. So I hope they give him a chance at corner and get Landry in the draft.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how high was jimmy rated around draft time as a prospect? because i remember seeing mock drafts that had him going 11 i think to stl, then he fell to the 2nd with you guys...wasnt he regarded as the best DB that year before the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:11 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
how high was jimmy rated around draft time as a prospect? because i remember seeing mock drafts that had him going 11 i think to stl, then he fell to the 2nd with you guys...wasnt he regarded as the best DB that year before the draft?
Yeah. The combine and some of the stuff he said lowered his stock a bit.

Personally, I hope he moves to FS. He can be an All-Pro there and he would be really good in Madden, and since I like to use the FS, it would be perfect.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine a secondary like this. We trade Schaub for a pick in the top 20. We change Jimmy from corner to FS, then draft LaRon Landry to be our SS at #10. Then with the traded Schaub pick, we draft Chris Houston to play CB opposite DeAngelo Hall.

CB1 - DeAngelo Hall
CB2 - Chris Houston
FS - Jimmy Williams
SS - LaRon Landry

We would have a secondary to be feared and would be set for years.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

We could then pick up a DE in round 2, somebody like Crowder or Abiamiri, and chances are one of the elite guards will drop into round 3. Our team would be so stacked.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

BBD, if Nelson is there, the Giants won't draft him anyway. They will take a LB way before a FS. Nelson is a cowboy. Lock it up.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Yeah. The combine and some of the stuff he said lowered his stock a bit.

Personally, I hope he moves to FS. He can be an All-Pro there and he would be really good in Madden, and since I like to use the FS, it would be perfect.
Speaking of Madden, they should make it so that you can change a player's position during the season, like in Ncaa football game
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you even here? Yes we get it. Dallas' secondary is the next coming of, and DeAngelo Hall is a "below average CB, and he had no business in the Pro-Bowl." Your act is tiresome.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Shaub wouldn't get you a 1st round pick first of all, second of all who knows if Houston or Landry will be busts, they probably won't be, but you never no. Actually, Houston has high bust potential, and he will probably be picked alot higher than he should be bacuse of his amazing performance at the combine. And there is no way any coaching staff in the NFL would pick 2 DBs in the first round. Plus, as of righ tnow Jimmy Williams is an unknown FS, and the way D-Hall played last year, he is a below average CB, and he had no business in the Pro-Bowl. I hate to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't fear that secondary.
No argument for stupidity.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Shiver, do you have the power to keep that guy from being able to post in here? That'd be real nice. I like to have good football talk, but you can't argue with someone who is ignorant. It's just pointless. That secondary would be one of the most talented groups in the NFL, but would lack a vet (although Deangelo is becoming one) But I wouldn't want 3 rookie starters which is essentially what that would be. I like Jimmy at Corner, the picking Griffin to play FS. Leave Milloy where he is at SS for another year then picking up a DE @ 10. But at the same time, having Landry at FS wouldn't hurt my feelings either, then having Houston as our NCB that'd be sick too.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I only have the power to edit and "unapprove" of his posts.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it ultimately comes down to what zimmer, mckay, and petrino think is most essential, DE or FS, or CB
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah, we don't really know what is going to happen with an offensive minded coach. We know we have problems on defense, but so does Petrino, but it could be that he thinks he can mask those problems with a potent offense and maybe he likes a guy like Ginn in the first, (if we move down) or something like that...Who knows...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
Speaking of Madden, they should make it so that you can change a player's position during the season, like in Ncaa football game
Yeah you can. Go to the player, click on him. Go to Edit player. And then you can change his position.

I never did that with Jimmy Williams because Webster blew balls.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Yeah, we don't really know what is going to happen with an offensive minded coach. We know we have problems on defense, but so does Petrino, but it could be that he thinks he can mask those problems with a potent offense and maybe he likes a guy like Ginn in the first, (if we move down) or something like that...Who knows...
i would NOT like that pick. defense wins games... unless you're the colts
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I wish they'd announce their plans for Jimmy Williams. It would sure help on my Mock Draft. I cannot say with confidence, I could see an argument both ways.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-13-2007 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wish they'd announce their plans for Jimmy Williams. It would sure help on my Mock Draft. I cannot say with confidence, I could see an argument both ways.
They won't announce it before the draft, nor should they. At the moment, other teams aren't sure whether they'll be targetting a FS or a CB. The more confusion the better when it comes to manouevering around the draft.

It may even come down to who is on the board when we pick. McKay is all about BPA, so if Landry is off the board at #10, and we take a DE, then it may come down to whether the highest rated player at #44 is a CB or a FS. JW's versatility gives us options.

However, the fact that Deon Grant at least had a visit suggests that JW remaining at CB is a serious possibility. Or even that could be a smokescreen... take every bit of info with a pinch of salt at this stage.

My preference depends hugely on whether we pick up a draft pick from Schaub...