Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Anyone like Demaryius Thomas!! The WR out of Georgia Tech. He is big, physical and fast. Smething our WR's are not. I think he would be better than Tate or Benn if we were to go with a WR in the 2nd round. Some say he might slip to the 3rd due to injury, but others say he could go as high as late first round. Would be a nice target if Bradford is the pick at number 1.
I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd, but don't think he makes it there.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=...=4263967&fhn=1

Quote:
The University of Oregon held two Pro Days this month, and the second of the two featured the Ducks two top prospects, running back LeGarrette Blount and safety T.J. Ward. Blount has been one of the most impressive players this offseason, while Ward has been trying to get his name back into the spotlight, after missing five games this past season with an ankle injury. Ward took a positive step on Thursday (March 18th) when he improved on his 4.56 40-time from the Scouting Combine and turned in an impressive 4.47 in front of scouts at Oregonís Pro Day.

Ward is one of the most talented safeties available in the 2010 draft, and heís starting to receive the recognition he deserves. Scout.com has learned that Ward had a private workout with the St. Louis Rams on March 16th and will visit the Kansas City Chiefs on April 1st.
I think Ward will be off the board sooner than where I would like the Rams to take a safety, but I wouldn't mind a hard hitter like him on this team.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw on NFL network we re-signed DE James Hall.

Also watched the piece on Myron Rolle. He might not be a bad guy to go after in the later rounds.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, the Eagles have a trade offer on the table that would send Donovan McNabb to the St. Louis Rams for the 33rd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...the_table.html
Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

The new rumor was #33 and OJ Atogwe for Mcnabb. Philly was reporting it but Bill Devaney shot down the rumor.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
The new rumor was #33 and OJ Atogwe for Mcnabb. Philly was reporting it but Bill Devaney shot down the rumor.
My first thought on this was that I didn't like the idea. We really need to get a lot out of this draft, Atogwe is a very good young player, and McNabb is 33. However, the more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to the idea.

1) McNabb knows how to win, and we don't have nearly enough guys on this team who remember what winning feels like.

2) McNabb is a cagey veteran and would make every one of our offensive weapons better.

3) For most of his career McNabb has had to find ways to be productive with an offense that lacks the ideal "go-to" receiver. While he did have T.O. for a short time, and Desean Jackson has emerged as a great young wideout, McNabb has put up very good numbers without the assistance of a guy like Larry Fitzgerald.

4) McNabb utilizes running backs in the passing game a lot, which would likely result in Steven Jackson being a huge weapon out of the backfield once again.

5) McNabb is vocal about what the team needs, and tends to get his way. If he wants a tight end or a big receiver, he will let it be known, and the position will likely be addressed.

6) This move would allow the Rams to take the DT of their choice, which I believe is what Spagnuolo would like to do, without facing media scrutiny for ignoring the lack of a franchise QB. It would probably result in a 5- or 6-win season, which would almost certainly insure that Spags would retain his job. It would revive hope for the future, something this team is hugely lacking in. It would also build excitement among the fan base which is desperately needed.

7) It would allow the Rams to take a QB in the later rounds or down the road and develop him at their own pace.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Atogwe is not a very good young player. He's overrated, who at best is just above average. I wouldn't even put him in my top 15 Free Safeties in the NFL.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atogwe did not have a great season last year. But he has been very productive with 19 interceptions and 14 forced fumbles in 5 years.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually do this whenever I get a team that's not mine in the forum mock so,

You guys have any good tips or advice on what to do? Major needs? Players you guys especially like?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see, here's a positional breakdown as I see it...

QB: This one's obvious; the Rams have no QB of the future on their roster, and need to address the position somehow.

#2 RB: There's nothing behind Steven Jackson in the backfield, so if the Rams want to create a Giants-like rushing attack, they'll need an explosive change of pace 'back.

WR: There are some who feel our receiving corps is okay, but a guy capable of being a true #1 receiver would definitely benefit the unit.

TE: The Rams have no starting caliber tight end on their roster. Randy McMichael has walked, and Daniel Fells is a better back-up.

OL: Jason Smith will take over @ LT, with restricted free agent Alex Barron (very expendable if you find a trade partner) likely going back to RT. Jason Brown is an excellent center, and Jacob Bell improved on a poor 2008 to have a solid 2009. The Rams have a couple of guys who could fill in at right guard, between John Greco, Mark Setterstrom, Adam Goldberg, and Hank Fraley. Upgrades at RT or RG are possible.

DL: The Rams essentially have nothing long term at DE opposite of Chris Long, and nothing at DT next to Clifton Ryan. Fred Robbins should (and I believe will) be a depth player on this team. James Hall will likely start opposite of Chris, but he's a short term option at best. The Rams could use a pass rushing RDE and a starting UT.

LB: Middle linebacker James Laurinaitis is the only thing locked down in this unit. There currently is no WILL linebacker. David Vobora has done a serviceable job at the SAM position, and while an upgrade certainly wouldn't hurt, it may not be a priority.

CB: Ron Bartell is a solid corner when healthy. The Rams drafted Bradley Fletcher in the third round last year, and he'll get a chance to start as well. But behind them, there's not much to be excited about, and who knows if Fletcher comes along. I don't know if I'd make CB a big priority, but if the value is right, it probably wouldn't hurt.

S: OJ Atogwe has not signed his one year RFA tender, but the Rams are waiting until he passes a physical before trying to ink him to a long term deal. Assuming he stays with the team, he's their best DB. James Butler is a serviceable SS but not so great that a young guy couldn't be picked if he were great value.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks NG, very informative.

I'm going to PM you a possible trade situation I'm looking at, as I don't want an other GMs to read it and raise prices, so to speak, on me, lol.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:38 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I agree with everything but one thing........OJ Atogwe is not the Rams best DB, Ron Bartell is!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should have a Rams Draft Challange. Just post your Rams Mock and lets see who comes closest to the real thing. Just make sure you post it before the draft.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
We should have a Rams Draft Challange. Just post your Rams Mock and lets see who comes closest to the real thing. Just make sure you post it before the draft.
That could be fun. Anyone who has the Rams taking Clausen is disqualified though!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That could be fun. Anyone who has the Rams taking Clausen is disqualified though!

so hawkeye fan is out but i would be up for this sounds like fun

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I'm down! Sounds like fun!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with this to.

Just post it here before the draft starts.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

It seems the Rams are going to workout Colt McCoy just in case.

Last edited by freebirdsrams02 : 04-01-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It seems teh Rams are going to workout Colt McCoy just in case.
Do you have a link? It was reported on Rotoworld that the Rams and Lions were the only two teams NOT at McCoy's pro-day.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Sorry should have posted it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft1...ory?id=5043722

Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

you know what I hate, people who make dumb trade offers. I read one on another forum, the guy was talking about trading down with the Redskins

Redskins get:
1st overall selection in the draft

Rams get:
2010 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick and 2011 1st round pick

No, it won't happen. Teams aren't run by mentally ******** people.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you know what I hate, people who make dumb trade offers. I read one on another forum, the guy was talking about trading down with the Redskins

Redskins get:
1st overall selection in the draft

Rams get:
2010 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick and 2011 1st round pick

No, it won't happen. Teams aren't run by mentally ******** people.
Were the Redskins supposed to be trading up for Bradford or to ensure they draft Clausen?

I agree about the trade not happening you rarely see a team trading away thier whole draft for just one player ala Mike Ditka in '99

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

The Redskins are bringing in Bradford on Tuesday according to NFL Network. So if they love him enough on Tuesday the Trade talks could start. The Redskins already lost their 3rd round pick to last years supplamental draft, so they already are losing draft picks. So if they are trading it will have to be with players and picks.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

McNabb to the Redskins. So no Bradford to the Redskins.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about McNabb and the Redskins 4th overall for the #1 pick!?!?! I'd have a tough time passing on that one!

Quote:
McNabb to the Redskins. So no Bradford to the Redskins.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote