Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-23-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roger Saffold means Alex Barron is gone.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, plug Saffold in on the right side at guard or tackle, and he gives you more freedom to move Barron. Have to protect your $50 million quarterback.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Roger Saffold means Alex Barron is gone.
GOOD! Our offensive line is talented, young, and a hardworking group I love the pick...now go defense!!!

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everson Griffin from USC could be there.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he is still on the board at #65

we got Jerome Murphy CB/South Florida at #65, I'm stokked i had him going in the 2nd round

Last edited by KCJ58 : 04-23-2010 at 07:39 PM.
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
he is still on the board at #65
Yea he was, but we go with Jerome Murphy CB. Not a bad pick. I think we need a CB, but no D-Line help yet.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Hey guys, I haven't been on here for a while since there was so much down time, but with the draft some real news is happening. I must say I am pretty excited about the way the draft is shaping up. I love the Bradford pick, as I have serious questions about Clausen (personality/character) and Colt McCoy (pro ability?) and the Rams had to get a QB. The Saffold pick surprised me a little, because everyone was talking WR, but I like it. He is supposed to be solid and one of our OT spots was more than up in the air. Sure Barron could be back and he could have played, but then you have the problem of him just not being that good. Now Barron can either move on or compete for the OT spot or an OG spot. It seems like we always need a CB, so that pick makes sense. I know most want some WR help, but I honestly don't think any rookie would step in and be a huge addition for the Rams. The Rams WR corps is actually quite solid except for the lack of a true number one. Robinson, Gibson, and Avery form a nice little trio, which would be admittedly much better with a number one with them. Besides Bryant though, none of the WRs this year seem to be possible instant number ones, so I like the idea of waiting and taking one of the many solid WRs that will be available deeper in the draft like Danario Alexander and Mardy Gilyard. They can be another guy to compete for those spots. As for DT, I hear the Rams seem to think DT is very deep this year, so I think they can address that in the 4th or 5th as well. All in all, I've got one word for you, "Chaaaampiiionship!!!!!"

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea he was.
and he still is

Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

So what do we do tommorrow. Some good TE's are still on the board and Everson Griffin. I wonder why he fell to the 4th round. Hernandez and Pitta are both talented TE's.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

I would love a TE but i have a gut feeling were gonna draft another OL

Old 04-24-2010, 03:28 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking D-Line. I wouldn't mind Corey Wootton at all.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:46 AM    (permalink
sdobbers
Rookie

sdobbers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is Austen Lane still on the board?
sdobbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Mardy Gilyard? I was hoping for a D-Line or TE. I like our WR core we have.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilyard is probably competing with Burton, Amendola, and Foster for #4 receiver duties. Should help at returns. I like him, but I don't know if he's significantly better than some of what we have now. Devaney and Spags said he was the best player on their board and they knew he'd be the pick last night.

Harbor and Peek are still on the board @ TE, still some interesting names available as pass rushers. Rams seem to be sticking to their board pretty well, even if it means bypassing perceived needs.

EDIT: Nevermind, Eagles just took Harbor, which means the Rams probably were looking at him. ;)

Last edited by NGSeiler : 04-24-2010 at 10:37 AM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm really disappointed with our 5th and 6th round selections. There were so many good prospects available that we passed on...Greg Hardy, Jonathan Dwyer, Anthony Dixon, John Skelton, Arthur Jones, Dorin Dickerson...just so many good players falling and we take a couple developmental prospects. I don't mind a developmental guy in the 7th, but man, the talent that's available makes me a bit disappointed. Still, I love the first 4 rounds!!!

Let's hear it for New Yooooork. Let's hear it for New Yoooooork. Let's hear it for New Yoooooork. OMG ENOUGH!
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
I'm really disappointed with our 5th and 6th round selections. There were so many good prospects available that we passed on...Greg Hardy, Jonathan Dwyer, Anthony Dixon, John Skelton, Arthur Jones, Dorin Dickerson...just so many good players falling and we take a couple developmental prospects. I don't mind a developmental guy in the 7th, but man, the talent that's available makes me a bit disappointed. Still, I love the first 4 rounds!!!

Let's hear it for New Yooooork. Let's hear it for New Yoooooork. Let's hear it for New Yoooooork. OMG ENOUGH!
My thought as well. I thought Hardy would have been a great pick earlier as well. Also we could have grabed a good TE when we didn't.

But I have to say I love the George Selvie pick. He has some injuries, but at one point he was a first round pick with loads of talent.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5133295

Looks like we may be getting a new Free Agent RB!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5133295

Looks like we may be getting a new Free Agent RB!
Defntly an upgrade over Kenneth Darby......
Old 04-25-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm praying the Rams end up signing Danario Alexander. I've heard their interested, just waiting until he can pass a physical.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzon...ardinals-talk/

Quote:
A note about Sam Bradford: we all wonder … what kind of leader will he be? Here’s a quick story told to me by a Rams’ front-office person on Saturday night. After the Rams completed their draft, Bradford (back home in Oklahoma) called Rams Park to get the phone numbers for each player chosen by the team. Bradford wanted to call every Rams draft pick to welcome them to the team and and express his enthusiasm for work with them in rebuilding the franchise. That’s impressive. It shows that Bradford gets it; he’s a already trying to do what he can to create a “we’re in this together” attitude. Teammates are fired up when the QB reaches out like that.
love it.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/78845/

Hopefully this guy plays like he did two years ago.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My cousin got a try out for you guys.. AWESOME!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
My cousin got a try out for you guys.. AWESOME!
Lol I was coming to post something similiar.

Dude I played HS ball with and pretty much grew up with right down the street you guys picked up as a FA Freddie Harris, we just had a cookout for him to celebrate. Probably won't make the team, but still pretty exciting that we played ball together.

I should of just went to a NAIA school out of HS instead of trying to walk on and I probably could of kept playing myself :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I was wondering how Josh Hull was doing in minicamp. I know the guy and was hoping he's doing well

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Haven't heard much about Hull. I'd say 95% of the minicamp reporting has been on Bradford.