Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-08-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Robbins - Would his signing be a sign that Bradford is the pick?

Pool - If he can overcome his concussions, he'd be a great signing.

tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
Robbins - Would his signing be a sign that Bradford is the pick?

Pool - If he can overcome his concussions, he'd be a great signing.
Robbins is no where near as good as Suh...never has been, never will be but yah it could still be a sign that a QB might be a pick...which scares the crap out of me

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4976480

Looks like Robbins is a done deal. So now that we are bringing him in and if the idea is to take a QB in the draft, why not trade down with Tampa at #3 and pick up some extra picks. Plus it will cost a little bit less to pick at 3 then at 1.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4976480

Looks like Robbins is a done deal. So now that we are bringing him in and if the idea is to take a QB in the draft, why not trade down with Tampa at #3 and pick up some extra picks. Plus it will cost a little bit less to pick at 3 then at 1.
I don't want it to influence the pick but with guys like Ryan, Carriker, Scott, and now Robbins it doesn't seem like Suh is as obvious now...Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen now becomes a lot more plausible

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Robbins signing has a huge impact on what they do first overall, just like the Feeley signing probably doesn't. Both signings gives the team options, which is what you want going into the pick.

With Feeley on the roster, the Rams are in a better position to cut Bulger and draft a rookie to fight Feeley for the job. Or, they could also keep Bulger w/ Feeley serving as the back-up, and look for their QB either later in this draft or in next year's class.

Adding Robbins means the Rams don't have to spend a high pick on a DT, because they've added depth to the position. But it doesn't mean they won't, because Suh or McCoy would likely supplant Robbins to start next to Ryan, but Robbins gives them better depth, especially since they let some younger tackles go in free agency.

The Rams certainly haven't made up their mind as to what they're doing with their pick, so these moves can't be a clear indication one way or another if the Rams don't even know which way they're going. These two moves give them some options regardless of what direction they go. And that's never a bad thing.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one good thing about Robbins is that he comes from the Giants and he played under Spanguolo. So he know's what to expect and understands the defense. he should be able to help out the younger guys.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Fred Robbins has been a hard working, smart player who understands what Spagnuolo wants to do in this defense. Signing him could be as much for having a strong veteran influence on the young players as anything. Now I think we should bring in Antonio Pierce. He could be a great mentor as well as quality insurance behind Laurinitis.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Robbins signing means the end for Carriker. It's a possibility, he doesn't fit our system.

I wouldn't read to much into the signing. Robbins will be a good rotational player, will not effect the draft AT ALL.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
And Fred Robbins has been a hard working, smart player who understands what Spagnuolo wants to do in this defense. Signing him could be as much for having a strong veteran influence on the young players as anything. Now I think we should bring in Antonio Pierce. He could be a great mentor as well as quality insurance behind Laurinitis.
As a backup yes. As a starter.....hell no.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody hoping for a Lito Sheppard signing?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Any healthy CB or S would be nice.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care much for Lito Sheppard maybe 3-4 years ago but not now, I was kinda hoping Bradley Fletcher could start this year across Bartell see what he can do, but we do need another CB and if we do sign one i think he'll either be the starter or nickle, depending on how person is of course

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Not really, no.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Scott's last three tweets today regarding the Rams and Bradford...

Quote:
After going through my notes and doing Sam Bradford's scouting report I am more scared of him than ever. Lot's of warning signs. Tim Couch?
about 1 hours ago via web
Quote:
Durability is the big one. System. RT @twoth: What kinds of warning signs? Seems accurate, can make all the throws, and was a winner.
about 1 hours ago via UberTwitter
Quote:
Suh, McCoy or Clausen. RT @Play4Blood: So if you ran the Rams draft you'd take Suh 100 times out of 100, am I right?
44 minutes ago via UberTwitter
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Scott's last three tweets today regarding the Rams and Bradford...
I keep wondering why all I see is people mentioning Bradford at #1...since when was Clausen not right along side Bradford in the top QB conversation?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

Because Bradford is SUPPOSED to be a much more accurate QB and better suited for the WCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
I keep wondering why all I see is people mentioning Bradford at #1...since when was Clausen not right along side Bradford in the top QB conversation?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
Because Bradford is SUPPOSED to be a much more accurate QB and better suited for the WCO.
Is that really why? I thought Jimmy played in an NFL style offense

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Clausen has never been in REAL discussion as a #1 pick. He's vastly overrated.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Clausen has never been in REAL discussion as a #1 pick. He's vastly overrated.
Why? He has proven he can make NFL style throws, especially more so than Bradford, who's hardest throw was a seam or a 5 yard slant...how exactly is Clausen in overrated and Bradford not?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Why? He has proven he can make NFL style throws, especially more so than Bradford, who's hardest throw was a seam or a 5 yard slant...how exactly is Clausen in overrated and Bradford not?
What has he done at Notre Dame? As talented as he is shouldn't he of been more successful in college? I know Bradford had more talent around him but a 6-6 season for Notre Dame with talented weapons to throw the ball to.

I don't like his immaturity.

In my eyes he's the Ryan Leaf of this draft. And Bradford is the Peyton Manning.

Good Russ Lande Interview....

http://www.101espn.com/post/40590_th...y_030910/audio

Thinks Bradford is a better prospect than Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez.

Bradford is the most accurate Quarterback he's graded.

Has Rams taking Bradford, Golden Tate and Jerry Hughes in the first 3 Rounds.

Interesting he says Jonathan Crompton is the 2nd best QB in this draft.

Says Jake Locker right now is no where near what Sam Bradford is
Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:

Do you think Jerry Hughes is going to last to the 3rd round?

Jonathan Crompton is a HUGE sleeper, he played in an NFL style offense under center most of the time. I think the reason more teams do not talk about him is b/c of the 1st 6 games of the season but he was playing with a shaky OL, shaky WR, and the only thing he had going for him were the 2 beast at RB.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

I'd be ok with that draft. However, don't you think we need a tall receiver with some size since we already have a speedy option in Donnie Avery?

And I'd be shocked if Hughes lasted until the third round...but then again someone always ends up sliding.

Quote:
What has he done at Notre Dame? As talented as he is shouldn't he of been more successful in college? I know Bradford had more talent around him but a 6-6 season for Notre Dame with talented weapons to throw the ball to.

I don't like his immaturity.

In my eyes he's the Ryan Leaf of this draft. And Bradford is the Peyton Manning.

Good Russ Lande Interview....

http://www.101espn.com/post/40590_th...y_030910/audio

Thinks Bradford is a better prospect than Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez.

Bradford is the most accurate Quarterback he's graded.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Any thoughts on Derek Anderson. He would be better than having A.J. Feeley.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

I'm not saying Bradford isn't good, I just don't think there is a huge difference between him and Clausen...right now the majority of experts and mockers have it kinda split 50-50 between who is going first in the draft overall or first to the Rams...I'm just saying Clausen is still a viable option at #1

Old 03-11-2010, 03:22 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Would anyone give up a 5th round pick for Omar Gaither? Rams have two draft picks in the 5th round, so I say why not? He could be a solid Weakside backer for us. Better than what we got.