Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer
Default How bad is the Green Bay Packers O-Line?

I mean, how bad can the Packer offensive line be? Can it actually get worse? They are definitely up there with past horrible offensive lines.

I have the 2009 Packers line up there with the 2006, 2007 and 2008 St.Louis Rams O-Line. They are in the same league as the Bengals 2007 and 2008 O-Line. They are in the same neighborhood as the 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 Texans offensive line. They are probably worse then the 2006 and 2007 Oakland Raiders offensive lines and worse then the 2007 Steelers O-line as well.

The Packers line is the sole reason why they are 2-2 and not the best team in their own division. The opponents of the Packers, other than the Rams, have completed and utterly dominated the Packers in the trenches. I understand that Chad Clifton was a huge key to their lines success, but with the amount of draft picks that have been spent on offensive lineman, the failure of these youngsters is unacceptable to say the least.

Week 1: @Bears

4 Total Sacks
9 QB Hits

Al Afalava (Safety)- 1 Sack
Adewale Ogunleye (DE)- 2 Sacks
Daniel Manning (Safety)- 1 Sack

Week 2: Bengals

6 Total Sacks
10 QB Hits

Antwan Odom (DE)- 5 Sacks
Rey Maualuga (SLB)- 1 Sack

Week 3: @Rams

2 Total Sacks
0 QB Hits

Leonard Little (DE)- 2 Sacks

Week 4: @Vikings

8 Total Sacks
N/A QB Hits

Jared Allen (DE)- 4.5 Sacks
Brian Robison (DE)- 1.5 Sacks
Ben Leber (SLB)- 1 Sack
Jimmy Kennedy (DT)- 1 Sack

Can the Packers get away from the failure of the Packers offensive line? Can they succeed without some consistency in the trenches? We all have seen how good the Packers can be when the offensive line can give Rogers some time in the pocket. He is one of the best quarterbacks in the league hands down, but with a line as bad as theirs they are doomed from the beginning of the game and there is no way to get around it.

So what are your thoughs?
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In before the team board deportation!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How bad is the Green Bay Packers O-Line?
Not as bad as the Chiefs...
Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

Not as bad as the Chiefs...
St. Louis Rams is the real answer

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ Lang was playing LT at the end of the game and some undrafted guard name Evan Dietrich-Smith was active for the game.

We couldn't find a spot for Jamon Meredith on the roster why????
Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trust me, if the Titans were playing the Pack this season, Rodgers' uniform wouldn't even need to be washed, cause he wouldn't get hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clifton comes back after the bye. Let's not judge it until then. Anytime you lose your LT in the first game and RT for the last 8 years in the offseason, it definitely has an effect.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Can the Packers get away from the failure of the Packers offensive line? Can they succeed without some consistency in the trenches? We all have seen how good the Packers can be when the offensive line can give Rogers some time in the pocket. He is one of the best quarterbacks in the league hands down, but with a line as bad as theirs they are doomed from the beginning of the game and there is no way to get around it.

So what are your thoughs?
Come on now. Rodgers.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait Meredith got cut?

Edit: I see he is on teh Bills.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
wait Meredith got cut?
Yes. And people overreact to that way too much, especially Packer fans. He was a 5th round pick, he was not good, and he got cut. Not a big deal. 5th round linemen get cut all the time. It's only because he was falsely built up as a good prospect on this site that anyone cares. He was worse than the crap we threw out there tonight.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yes. And people overreact to that way too much, especially Packer fans. He was a 5th round pick, he was not good, and he got cut. Not a big deal. 5th round linemen get cut all the time. It's only because he was falsely built up as a good prospect on this site that anyone cares. He was worse than the crap we threw out there tonight.
Good enough for Buffalo!

*returns to having nightmares about Cam Wake*
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Him or Trent Williams, I guess we all know what position the Packers will be picking in the draft.

I can't believe that Daryn Colledge isn't a top player. I loved him coming out of Boise St. and I thought he'd be a top giard at the very least. I know he was considered light in the weight department, but his athleticism was supposed to be his strong suit. Spitz I like alot, but you can see he is playing out of position at OG. With that said though, I always thought that OG and Center went basically hand in hand. A good guard could always be a good center and certainly a good center could play a good guard. But I guess I was wrong.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Good enough for Buffalo!

*returns to having nightmares about Cam Wake*
*looks up stats from Sunday's game*

Yeah, Cam Wake had a pretty good game. Haven't heard much about him until this very moment.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Him or Trent Williams, I guess we all know what position the Packers will be picking in the draft.

I can't believe that Daryn Colledge isn't a top player. I loved him coming out of Boise St. and I thought he'd be a top giard at the very least. I know he was considered light in the weight department, but his athleticism was supposed to be his strong suit. Spitz I like alot, but you can see he is playing out of position at OG. With that said though, I always thought that OG and Center went basically hand in hand. A good guard could always be a good center and certainly a good center could play a good guard. But I guess I was wrong.
Daryn Colledge is an exceptional LG. The whole line is playing out of position because of Clifton's injury.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Colledge has actually been pretty good playing left guard. He's had to slide over to LT though with Clifton out and isn't having the same success. Spitz isn't really playing out of position. He had been a guard his whole career until this year. Spitz and Colledge have become decent starters. The biggest problem right now is that Clifton is out. He's our one high quality lineman and he plays the most important position. When healthy our left side isn't bad at all with Clifton-Colledge-Spitz. It's our right side that was killing us. Now with Clifton out both sides are killing us and it's one of the worst lines I have seen. When Clifton is healthy we had been giving Barbre help on the right and would still get killed. Now with both sides being weak we can't help out both and that leaves no time for Rodgers.

I feel comfortable with Colledge and Spitz as long term starters. The problem is that we still have no one at RT and Clifton is old and will need to be replaced soon. Sitton hasn't been too impressive either and could definitely be replaced.
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
*looks up stats from Sunday's game*

Yeah, Cam Wake had a pretty good game. Haven't heard much about him until this very moment.
lets just first two years in the cfl = 39 sacks.

edit, including playoffs 46 sacks, 10 ff. he was a man

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 10-06-2009 at 12:08 AM.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
St. Louis Rams is the real answer
San Francisco's is up there.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
lets just first two years in the cfl = 39 sacks.

edit, including playoffs 46 sacks, 10 ff. he was a man
Oh yes, of course. I meant more so since he signed on with the Dolphins. Personally didn't hear too much about him in the preseason and up until this point in the regular season.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers' offensive line makes the Steelers look like Hall of Famers.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could've had Michael Oher...
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously for all the people that are saying their line is worse, the packers line is really erally bad right now

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They are probably worse then the 2006 and 2007 Oakland Raiders offensive lines
To even be mentioned in the same sentence with the Raiders '06 line means your bad, but I don't think the Packers line has quite reached that point.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogunleye was in Rodgers face every play. Ogunleye.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have nightmares about the Raiders in '06. It was a jailbreak as soon as the ball was snapped, every time.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote