Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Quarter of the season observations

Just another manic Monday

Last night was the much anticipated showdown between the Vikings and Packers and it did not disappoint.

If the Vikings offensive line isn't the best in the NFL then it's one of the top 3. Favre had all day to pass which not only shows how good Minnesota's OL is but also how anemic Green Bay's pass rush is.

Brett Favre looks like the man of old and not the one that was traded to the Jets. His shoulder seems to be holding up fine but his deep ball was inconsistent. As long as he's not asked to do anything more than manage the game then the Vikings should be playing in January.

In the final seven minutes of the game, Leslie Frazier took his foot off of Green Bay's throat and settled down into the prevent defense which allowed Aaron Rodgers and the GB offense to march down field and pick up 9 points. Again, why in the hell do defensive coordinators only rush four and drop seven back into coverage?

Jared Allen is an absolute beast. 4.5 sacks in one game?! Just beastly.

Aaron Rodgers is developing into a top tier QB but he's going to regress if Green Bay doesn't shore up their offensive line. Rodgers was sacked 8 times last night and 20 times so far in four games. Green Bay must do something in the off-season to address that.

After watching him play Ryan Grant would be a great complimentary back but he should not be the featured back in any offense.

I was not a fan of Green Bay hiring Dom Capers and switching to the 3-4 in the off-season and am still not a fan of it now. Green Bay is 27th in the league in sacks which means their not getting to the quarterback. It's not their coverage as they possess two great corners. The problem is not having the proper personnel to run the 3-4. Green Bay panicked and hired Capers, which was a poor move. I understand firing Bob Sanders, since he was not the right guy, but there were plenty other candidates out there with experience in the 4-3 that they could have hired.

In the Lions den

The 2008 Detroit Lions set a new standard in the NFL for ineptitude but there are a couple teams this year that look like they want to try and one up them. Right now there are five 0-4 teams (and one 0-3 team) with St. Louis, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay waving the banner of incompetence. The leader of the pack, though, are the St. Louis Rams who have been shut out twice this season and are averaging a league low 6 points per game.

I don't like saying how a team is the best 0-4 team because that's like saying that you're the smartest kid on the short bus, however, the Tennessee Titans have more talent than any of the other 0-4 teams. The biggest reason for their 0-4 start is the defensive coordinator. I thought Cecil was an above average secondary coach but that was it. I thought that if Jeff Fisher was to promote an in house candidate then it would have been Dave McGinnis, who seemed like the logical choice. I guess decisions like that make Jeff Fisher one of the best coaches to have never won a Super Bowl.

I'm trying to figure out which head coach was the worst hire of this past off-season: Todd Haley or Eric Mangini. I think Haley will be given one more year to prove himself but Mangini must go at the end of this season. Can the NFL take a mulligan on giving Cleveland another franchise after the first one left?

The Oakland Raiders are probably the worst 1-3 in the NFL right now and I think it's time that JaMarcus Russell can be labeled a bust. He shows none of the signs of wanting to improve as a quarterback, his worth ethic is piss poor, and his IQ matches his jersey number. The Raiders would be better off signing Jeff Garcia and starting him for the rest of the season.

It starts at the top

Every fan of the NFL knows how Al Davis has ruined the Oakland Raiders with his terrible free-agent acquisitions and abysmal draft history but what I want to know is how Dan Snyder doesn't receiver as much criticism? Those two owners are destroying two once-proud franchises.

You could also say winning starts at the top and I will admit that I was a detractor of Josh McDaniel's due to his poor handling of the Denver Broncos when he was first hired. I was skeptical of them switching to the 3-4, of trading Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton and picks, and of the Brandon Marshall fiasco but so far none of that has affected the team. Orton is being a game-manager and limiting his mistakes, Mike Nolan's coordinating a top 5 defense, and Brandon Marshall showed against the Cowboys why he is one of the best wide receivers playing.

The same can be said about the job Mike Singletary is doing in San Francisco. Even with primadonna Michael Crabtree still holding out they have managed a 3-1 start and came very close to beating the Vikings in Minnesota.

All you can eat crow

I would have never thought the Cincinnati Bengals would have started the season 3-1. I assumed the team had lost faith in Marvin Lewis two seasons ago.

Pittsburgh being 2-2 and losing to the Bengals is another head-scratcher. It goes to show you what happens when your scat-back breaks down and you switch from an offense based around a power run game to the pro-equivalent of a spread offense.

Yes, Denver would hire Josh Daniel's today knowing now what they knew then.

I thought Seattle would at least be 2-2.

It's getting hot in hurr

Already into week four and coaching hot seat is warming up.

Jim Zorn – It was a foregone conclusion that if the Redskins didn't beat the Lions that he was probably gone. Guess what he didn't do?

Dick Jauron – He can put together a team but he can't coach it.

John Fox – He's been on a short leash for a while but going to the NFC Championship game last year bought him time. Getting off to an 0-3 start does nothing to inspire confidence to want to keep him around for another year.

Wade Phillips
– The defense isn't playing well and the offense isn't good enough to bail them out. At 2-2 they have beat two floundering teams but lost to the ones they needed to beat.

The Gun Show

Top 10 power ranking at the Ό of the season mark

1. New Orleans Saints – People thought their defense would be improved but no one, not even a Saints fan like myself, thought their defense would be this good.

2. Indianapolis Colts – The defense is playing great, without Bob Sanders and Gary Brackett, and Manning is already having an MVP season.

3. New York Giants – 4-0 without several key contributors on defense. Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, and Hakeem Nicks are making Giants fans forget all about Plax.

4. Minnesota Vikings – They have a stout defense and a potent offense. I just wonder if Favre can last the entire season.

5. New England Patriots – They stumbled out of the gate with a narrow win against Buffalo and a loss to the Jets but they seem to be finding their stride.

6. Baltimore Ravens – Joe Flacco and company are a Mark Clayton drop away from being undefeated.

7. New York Jets – Their defense showed what it's capable of by keeping Drew Brees from throwing a TD pass for the 2nd straight week. Sanchez just needs to take care of the ball a little better.

8. Denver Broncos – Mike Nolan is working wonders in the Mile High City but I'm still skeptical. The next 5 weeks will prove a lot.

9. Atlanta Falcons – “Burner” Turner needs to start living up to his nickname. They have a murderer's row coming up.

10. Philadelphia Eagles – Outside of the loss to the Saints in week 2 they have looked great even with McNabb and Westbrook out.

MVP!

1. Peyton Manning – He's on pace so far this season for back-to-back MVP wins.

2. Drew Brees – At the start of the season he was in the lead but two straight weeks without a touchdown pass has dropped him in the MVP race.

3. Adrian Peterson – Green Bay shut him down but before Monday he was running past the competition.

4. Eli Manning – Has anyone ever thought about just how important he is to the Giants success?

5. Joe Flacco – He has taken a giant step since his freshman season last year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks good Diab. Now I am finally starting to agree that the Vikings deserve to be where they are on most people's power rankings.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Just another manic Monday

Last night was the much anticipated showdown between the Vikings and Packers and it did not disappoint.

If the Vikings offensive line isn't the best in the NFL then it's one of the top 3. Favre had all day to pass which not only shows how good Minnesota's OL is but also how anemic Green Bay's pass rush is.

Quote:
I think it is more a case of a weak defense in Green Bay, they were weak last year and it is continuing to be so this year. Too early to rate Minny's OL IMO.
Brett Favre looks like the man of old and not the one that was traded to the Jets. His shoulder seems to be holding up fine but his deep ball was inconsistent. As long as he's not asked to do anything more than manage the game then the Vikings should be playing in January.

Quote:
I think Favre is much more than a game manager, he won the last game on his own and he dominated in the GB game.
In the final seven minutes of the game, Leslie Frazier took his foot off of Green Bay's throat and settled down into the prevent defense which allowed Aaron Rodgers and the GB offense to march down field and pick up 9 points. Again, why in the hell do defensive coordinators only rush four and drop seven back into coverage?

Quote:
Beats me???
Jared Allen is an absolute beast. 4.5 sacks in one game?! Just beastly.

Quote:
I agree. Why KC traded this guy is beyond me.
Aaron Rodgers is developing into a top tier QB but he's going to regress if Green Bay doesn't shore up their offensive line. Rodgers was sacked 8 times last night and 20 times so far in four games. Green Bay must do something in the off-season to address that.

Quote:
Not completely sold on Rodgers just yet but time will tell.
After watching him play Ryan Grant would be a great complimentary back but he should not be the featured back in any offense.

Quote:
I agree.
I was not a fan of Green Bay hiring Dom Capers and switching to the 3-4 in the off-season and am still not a fan of it now. Green Bay is 27th in the league in sacks which means their not getting to the quarterback. It's not their coverage as they possess two great corners. The problem is not having the proper personnel to run the 3-4. Green Bay panicked and hired Capers, which was a poor move. I understand firing Bob Sanders, since he was not the right guy, but there were plenty other candidates out there with experience in the 4-3 that they could have hired.

Quote:
Their defense stunk last year and it still stinks. Simply must develop a pass rush.
In the Lions den

The 2008 Detroit Lions set a new standard in the NFL for ineptitude but there are a couple teams this year that look like they want to try and one up them. Right now there are five 0-4 teams (and one 0-3 team) with St. Louis, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay waving the banner of incompetence. The leader of the pack, though, are the St. Louis Rams who have been shut out twice this season and are averaging a league low 6 points per game.

I don't like saying how a team is the best 0-4 team because that's like saying that you're the smartest kid on the short bus, however, the Tennessee Titans have more talent than any of the other 0-4 teams. The biggest reason for their 0-4 start is the defensive coordinator. I thought Cecil was an above average secondary coach but that was it. I thought that if Jeff Fisher was to promote an in house candidate then it would have been Dave McGinnis, who seemed like the logical choice. I guess decisions like that make Jeff Fisher one of the best coaches to have never won a Super Bowl.

Quote:
I predicted the collapse of Tennessee in the preseason. They had the weakest SOS last year with almost all of their tough games very late in the season. Anybody who thinks Collins is a solid QB was just dreaming and they lost their best defensive player to FA. I saw no way they would be a contender and predicted they would finish in last place in their Division so I'm not at all shocked to see them 0-4 and I also predicted that VY would be their starting QB by mid season. At least I got this one right.
I'm trying to figure out which head coach was the worst hire of this past off-season: Todd Haley or Eric Mangini. I think Haley will be given one more year to prove himself but Mangini must go at the end of this season. Can the NFL take a mulligan on giving Cleveland another franchise after the first one left?

Quote:
Not a fan of Mangini but the real problem in Cleveland is their owner Lerner. He looks like the second coming of William Clay Ford as far as competence is concerned. You do know that HC's like Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson had rotten first seasons along with a large # of SB HC's so I'm not prepared to write off Haley just yet.
The Oakland Raiders are probably the worst 1-3 in the NFL right now and I think it's time that JaMarcus Russell can be labeled a bust. He shows none of the signs of wanting to improve as a quarterback, his worth ethic is piss poor, and his IQ matches his jersey number. The Raiders would be better off signing Jeff Garcia and starting him for the rest of the season.

Quote:
To be fair to Russell, his HC is nothing but an Al Davis 'yes man' and the organization is so disorganized that it is almost impossible for a player to develop in that atmosphere. Russell may indeed be a bust but until he gets a shot at playing for a decent HC if he ever does, the jury is still out.
It starts at the top

Every fan of the NFL knows how Al Davis has ruined the Oakland Raiders with his terrible free-agent acquisitions and abysmal draft history but what I want to know is how Dan Snyder doesn't receiver as much criticism? Those two owners are destroying two once-proud franchises.

Quote:
Actually Al Davis has destroyed Oakland because he only hires 'yes man' to run his ship. For years he was the de facto HC of the Raiders but old age has caught up to him and he is no longer able to coach his players but still insists on the last say about who plays and who doesn't. The talented HC's he did hire never lasted long because they stood up to AL so he fired them quickly.
This is a dead franchise which is sad because Al was once one of the great minds in Pro football.
You could also say winning starts at the top and I will admit that I was a detractor of Josh McDaniel's due to his poor handling of the Denver Broncos when he was first hired. I was skeptical of them switching to the 3-4, of trading Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton and picks, and of the Brandon Marshall fiasco but so far none of that has affected the team. Orton is being a game-manager and limiting his mistakes, Mike Nolan's coordinating a top 5 defense, and Brandon Marshall showed against the Cowboys why he is one of the best wide receivers playing.

Quote:
Let's see what happens when they play the meat of their schedule which I believe is quite tough. Zorn had a 5-0 record to start his career before it came to an abrupt end last year. Never be too early in judging a new HC. The good ones will usually use the first season to rid the team of the deadwood and their teams usually have a weak 1st year. Year two can see a .500 season with a playoff contender in year 3. Occasionally some go faster.
The same can be said about the job Mike Singletary is doing in San Francisco. Even with primadonna Michael Crabtree still holding out they have managed a 3-1 start and came very close to beating the Vikings in Minnesota.

Quote:
I have much more confidence in Singletary's future success because his team has taken the next step in his 2nd season.
All you can eat crow

I would have never thought the Cincinnati Bengals would have started the season 3-1. I assumed the team had lost faith in Marvin Lewis two seasons ago.

Quote:
People didn't realize how banged up Palmer was for the last 2 years and now that he is healthy we see the impact of a true franchise QB. I also jumped the gun on Lewis and thought he should have been fired but I was clearly wrong.
Pittsburgh being 2-2 and losing to the Bengals is another head-scratcher. It goes to show you what happens when your scat-back breaks down and you switch from an offense based around a power run game to the pro-equivalent of a spread offense.

Quote:
Pittsburgh has a weak OL and before Mendenhall stepped forward, their running attack was one of the worst in the NFL so I wasn't shocked to see them slide. Now that Mendenhall has stepped forward and if he maintains his high level of performance, Pittsburgh will again move toward the top of their Division but their OL still worries me.
Yes, Denver would hire Josh Daniel's today knowing now what they knew then.

Quote:
Don't get too carried away this early in the season.
I thought Seattle would at least be 2-2.

Quote:
Hasselbach has to stay healthy or they have no chance.
It's getting hot in hurr

Already into week four and coaching hot seat is warming up.

Jim Zorn – It was a foregone conclusion that if the Redskins didn't beat the Lions that he was probably gone. Guess what he didn't do?

Quote:
I place a lot of the blame on Snyder. Tough to be his HC.
Dick Jauron – He can put together a team but he can't coach it.

Quote:
Again, the owner has to take a lot of the blame. I believe he hasn't had a winning team since the salary cap era began. He refused to pay his LT what the going rate was for that position leaving Buffalo's OL in a mess. He has consistently refused to keep his own stars when they reach FA leaving the team to use the draft to replace lost FA's instead of using it to fill positions of need. That makes it tough on any Buffalo HC.
John Fox – He's been on a short leash for a while but going to the NFC Championship game last year bought him time. Getting off to an 0-3 start does nothing to inspire confidence to want to keep him around for another year.

Quote:
I believe he was 12-4 last year or close to it but whoever decided to sign Delhomme to a long term expensive contract is the guy in trouble. I think he gets another year otherwise he will be gobbled up quickly by another team.

Wade Phillips
– The defense isn't playing well and the offense isn't good enough to bail them out. At 2-2 they have beat two floundering teams but lost to the ones they needed to beat.

Quote:
Why he still is the HC is beyond me. Of course Jerry Jones is one of the worst GM's in the NFL and hasn't won much since Jimmy Johnson ran the show and made all the decisions. I think you can include Jerry Jones with the Al Davis's, Snyder's, William Clay Ford's and Lerner's of this league. You right, it all starts at the top.
The Gun Show

Top 10 power ranking at the Ό of the season mark

1. New Orleans Saints – People thought their defense would be improved but no one, not even a Saints fan like myself, thought their defense would be this good.

2. Indianapolis Colts – The defense is playing great, without Bob Sanders and Gary Brackett, and Manning is already having an MVP season.

3. New York Giants – 4-0 without several key contributors on defense. Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, and Hakeem Nicks are making Giants fans forget all about Plax.

4. Minnesota Vikings – They have a stout defense and a potent offense. I just wonder if Favre can last the entire season.

5. New England Patriots – They stumbled out of the gate with a narrow win against Buffalo and a loss to the Jets but they seem to be finding their stride.

6. Baltimore Ravens – Joe Flacco and company are a Mark Clayton drop away from being undefeated.

7. New York Jets – Their defense showed what it's capable of by keeping Drew Brees from throwing a TD pass for the 2nd straight week. Sanchez just needs to take care of the ball a little better.

8. Denver Broncos – Mike Nolan is working wonders in the Mile High City but I'm still skeptical. The next 5 weeks will prove a lot.

9. Atlanta Falcons – “Burner” Turner needs to start living up to his nickname. They have a murderer's row coming up.

10. Philadelphia Eagles – Outside of the loss to the Saints in week 2 they have looked great even with McNabb and Westbrook out.

Quote:
I'd have the Giants at #1, best balanced team in the NFL.
Indy at #2 and NO at #3. New England at #4 once Brady gets the rust out of his system something like Peyton last year. Minny at #5, Atlanta at #6 until murders row is played. Baltimore at #7 and the Eagles at #9(they might be #5 if McNabb can stay healthy)
I don't like the Jets or Denver at this point. Sanchez will win some but he will also lose some. I don't believe in Denver at this point and will be totally shocked if they manage 8 wins.
MVP!

1. Peyton Manning – He's on pace so far this season for back-to-back MVP wins.

2. Drew Brees – At the start of the season he was in the lead but two straight weeks without a touchdown pass has dropped him in the MVP race.

3. Adrian Peterson – Green Bay shut him down but before Monday he was running past the competition.

4. Eli Manning – Has anyone ever thought about just how important he is to the Giants success?

5. Joe Flacco – He has taken a giant step since his freshman season last year.
Quote:
Solid top 5.
Just a few of my thoughts and opinions.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup Russells a bust as of now. If he keeps it up he will end up worse than Ryan Leaf

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I just read someone defend Jauron? wow, that's all I've got, wow. I me...nevermind, I'm sticking with just wow.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Just a few of my thoughts and opinions.
The Steelers OL has gotten a lot better since last season. Also, Ben makes the OL look worse than they really are.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The Steelers OL has gotten a lot better since last season. Also, Ben makes the OL look worse than they really are.
That's something I've noticed about them. Yes they give up pressure and sacks, but usually ben has a good 5 seconds before that starts to happen, after which he'll scramble and hold onto the ball for another 3 or 4 before finally getting sacked or getting rid of it. That's a pretty good job by the oline.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charger's leading rusher after 4 games is Darren Sproles with 90 yards on the ground. Wooooo what's the record for lowest leading rusher in a season?! Thank God for Rivers
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Russell to succeed so bad. I know he been playing like crap but he has by far the worst WR's in the league. Those guys can't catch anything and are not good route runners at all.

Also Raiders fans, when does Chaz Schillings come back?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's imagine for a second Big Ben with the Packers' OL.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Let's imagine for a second Rogers behind New York's Oline.

I got something in the works to make up for missing what will be nearly 3 weeks of writing my thing, YAY uni assignments getting in the way.

I liked the bit about John Fox and i agree, the team needs to do better, Jake Delhomme isn't past the point of no return though, the two INT's he threw against Dallas weren't his fault, neither of them were and the defense did play well, the team needs more offensive production, more so the play calling than anything else.

I agree on Marvin Lewis as well, it's testament to just how good a coach he is, realistically the bengals have had a lot of issues with injuries, chemistry, legal and all the rest of it, but now that they've gone a week without someone breaking laws and everyone's healthyish they're becoming a competitive good looking unit. It'll be interesting though how far they can go in such a tough division.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Let's imagine for a second Rogers behind New York's Oline.

I got something in the works to make up for missing what will be nearly 3 weeks of writing my thing, YAY uni assignments getting in the way.

I liked the bit about John Fox and i agree, the team needs to do better, Jake Delhomme isn't past the point of no return though, the two INT's he threw against Dallas weren't his fault, neither of them were and the defense did play well, the team needs more offensive production, more so the play calling than anything else.

I agree on Marvin Lewis as well, it's testament to just how good a coach he is, realistically the bengals have had a lot of issues with injuries, chemistry, legal and all the rest of it, but now that they've gone a week without someone breaking laws and everyone's healthyish they're becoming a competitive good looking unit. It'll be interesting though how far they can go in such a tough division.
Our Oline isn't really that good at pass blocking. It's mostly Eli's remarkable pocket presence and the tremendous speed with which he reads a defense and goes through his reads that keep our sack totals low.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Our Oline isn't really that good at pass blocking. It's mostly Eli's remarkable pocket presence and the tremendous speed with which he reads a defense and goes through his reads that keep our sack totals low.
The Packers Oline is a pee wee football OLine compared to the giants Oline

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you can include Jerry Jones with the Al Davis's, Snyder's, William Clay Ford's and Lerner's of this league. You right, it all starts at the top.
Forgot the Bidwell family in Zona, maybe Mike Brown in Cincy as the worst of the hands-on owners/GMs.

Jones got his fingers burned after giving away 2 top picks to Seattle for Joey Galloway 10 yrs. ago & backed off on manipulating Dallas personnel. Now he's dicking around again, anything for material for his annual Draft Day interview... Jones will fight his way through an SRO auditorium to the camera light for facetime. Garrett's playcalling & Romo's folding under big game pressure are what's heating up the seat under Wade Phillips now, just this one very frustrated Dallas fan's opinion.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I want Russell to succeed so bad. I know he been playing like crap but he has by far the worst WR's in the league. Those guys can't catch anything and are not good route runners at all.

Also Raiders fans, when does Chaz Schillings come back?
I'm sorry but no, since today the browns officially have the worst receiving corps in football (and probably the worst in recent history).
To make it even worse for the browns, they dont have a tight end either. Their leader in receptions is there third string running back and in yardage it is a rookie.
seriously i could keep going here.

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massaquoi is legit. I have been a fan of his since he started at UGA.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, even though he did his damage against my Bengals and is in our division, I'm really happy to see Massaqoui succeed.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great writeup, but our line usually doesn't pass block that well. The first three weeks Favre was getting pressured constantly.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
The Packers Oline is a pee wee football OLine compared to the giants Oline
Was not saying anything to the contrary, just responded to the comment that one should imagine Rodgers behind our line as though we had a great pass blocking oline, so I was merely pointing out that we don't. Hell if Clifton were healthy and they had a competent RT instead of Barbre I'd say the difference is negligible, although Barbre has been Winston Justice bad and Clifton has been injured so that renders that point moot.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 10-07-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might want to take your lips off of Eli's wang Rosebud.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
You might want to take your lips off of Eli's wang Rosebud.
I'm sorry, let me correct that post. I'm sorry Green Bay, but the giants had the greatest pass blocking oline of all time. [/vocoder] And the receiver? He's throwing to 8 hall of famers. Hell if he had offensive talent and coaching someone like Philip Rivers has had to overcome he'd be out of the league already...

Better AQ?

Edit: Just for my information AQ, am I ever allowed to say a good thing about eli? Or would mentioning the fact that he's the most important player to the 4-0 giants and key to our offense be considered more snobbing of his knob?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 10-07-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
He'd break David Carr's sack record... in the first half of the season, lol.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this:

The Titans defense is really awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Thomas has faced Jared Allen, Elvis Dummerville, Terrell Suggs, and Antwan Odom. The only sack he's given up was when he had his guy (Odom) completely owned and Anderson ran right into him.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
How about this:

The Titans defense is really awful.
You have some Pro Bowl Corners there now... eh?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote