Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 11-13-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy
Ward
Graham
Clifton Smith

Drafting Spiller is a big NO! End of discussion. We've spent enough money on offensive skill position guys recently. We need to bolster our defense. We can't stop the run and our DBs get burned deep all game.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB is a position were already stacked at. Clifton Smith is a guy that has explosiveness, we want to get him the ball more we just have so many other backs. Even if we lose Caddy it is still a position we are already strong at.

WR is the only weak point on offense. Especially if we don't resign Bryant. We could really use a good slot reciever, those guys like Winslow are good security blankets for a young QB to get the ball to. Freeman's development is most important and crap WRs hurts it.

Im not saying reach for a WR, just its a position that needs an upgrade. We should really get atleast a decent one in free agency. Getting bodies at CB and D-line is a must. We likely won't be able to address those positions as much as we'd like in the draft. All picks except the 1st rounder wouldn't be able to step in on day one and do a solid job.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
RB is a position were already stacked at. Clifton Smith is a guy that has explosiveness, we want to get him the ball more we just have so many other backs. Even if we lose Caddy it is still a position we are already strong at.

WR is the only weak point on offense. Especially if we don't resign Bryant. We could really use a good slot reciever, those guys like Winslow are good security blankets for a young QB to get the ball to. Freeman's development is most important and crap WRs hurts it.

Im not saying reach for a WR, just its a position that needs an upgrade. We should really get atleast a decent one in free agency. Getting bodies at CB and D-line is a must. We likely won't be able to address those positions as much as we'd like in the draft. All picks except the 1st rounder wouldn't be able to step in on day one and do a solid job.
Totally agree except the point about slot receivers. We have Winslow and Stroughter. We need WIDE OUTS that can get open and catch. I'd prefer size here but a guy like Golden Tate or Mardy Gilyard would be too good to pass up.

It's a really bad year for WRs. We better get one in FA. The only Senior w/size that I like for us is Brandon LaFell, but he'll be a high pick. Riley Cooper is underrated but Gator WRs have not been too successful in the NFL. Harvin is the obvious exception but he's a rare talent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying we should take a running back... What was asked was if we win some more games and are picking around ten who do you like. I just think when you are turning over a roster which is what we are doing you take the BPA not draft for need. All I'm saying is when we pick if Cj was the BPA I wouldn't be pissed about taking him. If there was a D linemen who had a better grade I would take him.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Don't take the BPA. Take the player that will help your team the most like someone else said earlier in the thread.

Spiller won't help us more than a player at a position of need.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-15-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy to see Connor Barth play well today. Hopefully this means we dont have to spend a pick on a kicker
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Happy to see Connor Barth play well today. Hopefully this means we dont have to spend a pick on a kicker
Yeah 3/3 from 50+ yards is a great effort. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta draft defense defense defense defense

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
gotta draft defense defense defense defense
I agree agree agree.

Josh Freeman is looking great out there for a rookie QB and our D is like a sieve at the moment. A good WR wouldn't hurt though.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sammie stroughter ****** rocks btw

i think we could maybe pick up a solid WR in freee agency but defense is the huge need right now

Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Don't take the BPA. Take the player that will help your team the most like someone else said earlier in the thread.

Spiller won't help us more than a player at a position of need.
Thats the worst way to draft... You can't tell me that three years ago we had Adams ranked higher than AP... We drafted for NEED that year and looked what happened!!! So your telling me that you would draft a player with a lower grade just because he fit a need over the better prospect!!! I'm sorry but when your team is 1 and 8 about to go maybe 3 and 13 you take the BPA. We've been drafting for need here in tampa for the last 8 years, and what has it got us? One pro bowl... ONE!!! Vikings had a 1200 yard rusher the year they took AP, now they have on of the top 3 best football players in the game today. Baltimore in 2003 has a great D wanted a QB in the draft couldn't get up so stood pat took the BPA who ended up being T Suggs. Or in 2004 we took drafted for NEED and took M Clayton over guys like DJ Williams or Will Smith cause Gurden wanted a WR. Passing on the BPA for NEED is the worst thing you ca do in a draft.

Last edited by bigbuc : 11-15-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Thats the worst way to draft... You can't tell me that three years ago we had Adams ranked higher than AP... We drafted for NEED that year and looked what happened!!! So your telling me that you would draft a player with a lower grade just because he fit a need over the better prospect!!! I'm sorry but when your team is 1 and 8 about to go maybe 3 and 13 you take the BPA. We've been drafting for need here in tampa for the last 8 years, and what has it got us? One pro bowl... ONE!!! Vikings had a 1200 yard rusher the year they took AP, now they have on of the top 3 best football players in the game today. Baltimore in 2003 has a great D wanted a QB in the draft couldn't get up so stood pat took the BPA who ended up being T Suggs. Or in 2004 we took drafted for NEED and took M Clayton over guys like DJ Williams or Will Smith cause Gurden wanted a WR. Passing on the BPA for NEED is the worst thing you ca do in a draft.

mario williams says hello

Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
mario williams says hello

I don't get it.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Also just wanted to say... It doesn't matter who we draft... until we fire Jim Bates this D will suck. That drive to win the game today made me want to puke. Even a bad Kiffen D would have put that game away.

Last edited by bigbuc : 11-15-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't get it.
The majority of people had Reggie Bush as the #1 prospect that year. The Texans took Williams (DE was a position of need) rather than making the luxury pick. I think it worked out pretty well for them.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Yeah Williams was a need but he was also going to be a top 2 pick. If Hou took Bush than NO was going to take Williams. I remember Mort from espn saying Gm's were calling Bush the second coming of Sayers and Williams the second coming of Reggie White. Both the players could have been first overall picks if they were in different drafts.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Riley Cooper is underrated but Gator WRs have not been too successful in the NFL. Harvin is the obvious exception but he's a rare talent.

Heard from a source close to Cooper...... that he's going to play baseball..... not football. Won't reveal who..... but it's reliable.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Heard from a source close to Cooper...... that he's going to play baseball..... not football. Won't reveal who..... but it's reliable.
Inside sources on a message board FTW!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You're really confused right now. Drafting for BPA is a myth. No one does it. Teams draft the highest guy on their board, meaning the player that they think will help them the most.

I'm not talking about drafting for need. You don't just decide what your biggest need is and then take the best guy at that position. You look over all your options and choose the player that has the best chance of contributing positively to your team.

Drafting a RB in the 1st round when you have:

-a former top 5 pick that's playing well
-a recent FA signee (4 years 17 million)
-a former starter who's versatile and plays ST
-a dynamic KR that has shown playmaking ability on offense when given the opportunity

Is downright insane. The RB will not improve the team as much as a key defensive piece would.

Hinsight is 20/20, but Gaines Adams was absolutely the right pick to make. We had a HUGE hole at DE with Simeon Rice on the verge of being cut. Adams was productive at Clemson and possessed incredible upside and elite athletic ability. Great talent + fills a need = no brainer.

He just didn't develop while he was in Tampa. NO ONE could've predicted that.

You have no way of knowing our draft strategy so don't pretend to know the inner workings of the team.

Lastly, and most importantly, DRAFT STRATEGY =/= DRAFT SUCCESS. BPA vs. need vs. any other strategy is almost irrelevant. What matters is the evaluation process. Our team sucks and our picks have sucked because our scouts do a poor job and our management picks the wrong players. Any draft strategy can be successful/unsuccessful depending on how well a team scouts and evaluates players, along with the decision making process of drafting.

Dexter Jackson was cut after a year because he's a bad player and a poor draft choice. Do you really think we took (what's essentially) a KR because he filled a need?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
You're really confused right now. Drafting for BPA is a myth. No one does it. Teams draft the highest guy on their board, meaning the player that they think will help them the most.

I'm not talking about drafting for need. You don't just decide what your biggest need is and then take the best guy at that position. You look over all your options and choose the player that has the best chance of contributing positively to your team.

Drafting a RB in the 1st round when you have:

-a former top 5 pick that's playing well
-a recent FA signee (4 years 17 million)
-a former starter who's versatile and plays ST
-a dynamic KR that has shown playmaking ability on offense when given the opportunity

Is downright insane. The RB will not improve the team as much as a key defensive piece would.

Hinsight is 20/20, but Gaines Adams was absolutely the right pick to make. We had a HUGE hole at DE with Simeon Rice on the verge of being cut. Adams was productive at Clemson and possessed incredible upside and elite athletic ability. Great talent + fills a need = no brainer.

He just didn't develop while he was in Tampa. NO ONE could've predicted that.

You have no way of knowing our draft strategy so don't pretend to know the inner workings of the team.

Lastly, and most importantly, DRAFT STRATEGY =/= DRAFT SUCCESS. BPA vs. need vs. any other strategy is almost irrelevant. What matters is the evaluation process. Our team sucks and our picks have sucked because our scouts do a poor job and our management picks the wrong players. Any draft strategy can be successful/unsuccessful depending on how well a team scouts and evaluates players, along with the decision making process of drafting.

Dexter Jackson was cut after a year because he's a bad player and a poor draft choice. Do you really think we took (what's essentially) a KR because he filled a need?
That's what the word out of Tampa after we took Jackson... That he could help out on KR and maybe become what Steve Smith is today.

I'm not saying for us to draft a running back ETK. The question was asked if we keep winning and pick around ten who do you like. I said CJ only because he's a game changer. And that if it was him or a lesser player on D I wouldn't be pissed if we took him over the lesser player.

Also Caddy a free agent after this year don't think you would want to resign a guy with two blown out knee caps. I think Ward is a nice second back. But if he was so good he would have beat out the guy with two blown out knee caps for the starting job. EG is a nice team player and great person and love how he helps the team. But he's not a starter in this league, only reason he did start is because we lost both backs that were in front of him. And just because C Smith can juke out back ups in pre-season and be a KR does not mean that he can be a starting running back. Do we need to draft a top 15 RB? NO we do not. But lets not joke ourselves here. It not like our running backs are ripping up teams. Again I'm not saying for us to draft a running back or to look to draft a running back. What I'm saying is that on draft day we move down or pick around 10 to 12 and CJ is far and above the BPA and we took him. Over lesser players I would not be one bit pissed.

Last edited by bigbuc : 11-16-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

All 4 of those RBs are quality backs. Look around the league. Tons of journeymen and late round picks contributing for different teams. Cedric Benson went from 1st round pick to nobody to a force. Thomas Jones bounced around the league and now he's a stud for the Jets.

Bottom line is that there are tons of good backs to go around and teams shouldn't spend a high pick on one unless it's a major need or a surefire talent in question.

I agree that our offense is in dire need of a dynamic gamebreaking threat (I wanted Harvin for years btw), but that kind of playmaker should be a pass-catcher, not a ballcarrier.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Loing time since i've been on here, I love suh and i want him, wouldnt mind if somehow we trade picks to get back into the 1st round and get everson griffen. Side note my fav player in the draft is dez bryant!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I want us to draft Tate with our first second rounder so bad. The kid has it all.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

He definitely doesn't have size.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I'm sorry you're right etk, he doesn't have size. He's he's only 5 foot 10. Still makes play after play with the ball in the air, can make guys miss and can go deep. The guy can ball... don't hate cause he's not 6'3 and 220.