Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 11-29-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Tate, but I'm being a perfectionist. If he had size he would be have it all and be a top 10 pick. Instead he's looked at as Mark Clayton 2.0.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get Suh or McCoy in the first round would you guys be pissed if we traded our second rounder for Glenn Dorsey? I know Roy Miller been good but I don't think he could have an impact on a game like Dorsey could if he ever gets to play the 3tech in a one gap system. KC has had talks with other teams about moving him.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was watching MNF and saw the Saints killing the Pats it hit me, we are going to have to play this team for the division every year and have to deal with Brees. So I started thinking about the draft and came away with this.

I think we should use almost if not all our picks on defensive players and should come away with DT, DE, two CB's and a LB with our first five picks at least. I feel its going to take us one more year to get good so in 2011 draft we can go after a big time WR like Green or Floyd.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's kind of a tough decision to make regarding WR. As much as the above plan makes sense, giving Freeman a big time receiver or at least a capable starter would do wonders for his development. Thankfully we have Winslow to help out.

There is a few FA's scheduled to hit the market who could also help.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with the all defense approach to this draft, but I think we should take a WR in the 2nd. As long as his name isn't Dexter Jackson, he should be able to develop well with Freeman over the long term. I think taking all D would help us more immediately, but I don't think that really matters, we are still at least 2-3 years away from competing for the playoffs. It would be better for us to develop our young players next year, and if they don't work out, oh well a better draft pick next season.

I hope we end up with DT, DE, WR, CB, CB with our first five picks. We can wait on LB until we are closer to challenging for the playoffs. LBs often develop quickly and a 1st rounder in a couple years could have a big impact. Although a 2nd/3rd round LB could have a big impact in a couple years down the road, a young WRs opportunity to spend an extra year or two developing alongside Freeman would be huge. Plus you can never get that time back.

Last edited by Captain Fear : 12-02-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: addition
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
If we get Suh or McCoy in the first round would you guys be pissed if we traded our second rounder for Glenn Dorsey? I know Roy Miller been good but I don't think he could have an impact on a game like Dorsey could if he ever gets to play the 3tech in a one gap system. KC has had talks with other teams about moving him.
What are you talking about now? ugh....

Roy Miller is our NT. If we drafted Suh or McCoy, that would be the other DT (depends on the system). Why are you talking about adding another 3-tech? You make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's kind of a tough decision to make regarding WR. As much as the above plan makes sense, giving Freeman a big time receiver or at least a capable starter would do wonders for his development. Thankfully we have Winslow to help out.

There is a few FA's scheduled to hit the market who could also help.
Freeman would be better off with Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, AJ Green, DeAndre Brown, Jonathan Baldwin, Demaryius Thomas, etc. All those guys are easily 1st round, if not top 20, talents imo.

It's worth the wait.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

Roy Miller is our NT. If we drafted Suh or McCoy, that would be the other DT (depends on the system). Why are you talking about adding another 3-tech? You make no sense.

Freeman would be better off with Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, AJ Green, DeAndre Brown, Jonathan Baldwin, Demaryius Thomas, etc. All those guys are easily 1st round, if not top 20, talents imo.

It's worth the wait.
I hope you are right about the waiting thing. I just want the team to ensure Freeman's development as a QB.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:

etk you act like teams don't need backups in this league. That D linemen don't get hurt all the time. That when you play in Florida with the heat and humidly so high that 300 pound guys don't need a blow once in a while. The NY GMEN went out and gave up something like 30 million bucks to Chris Canty when they already had one of the best front fours last year. The fact that NY had Michael Strahan went and drafted Osi then drafted Tuck and then got Kiwanuka. Guess what? They all play DE but they found ways to get them all on the field at the same time. Hell drafting all of them won NY a super bowl! Also it came in handy when Osi went down ( back to that getting hurt thing ) to have a player like Kiwanuka come in and play for him.

You can't just go and pick very good D linemen off the D linemen tree thats in the backyard. Atlanta just drafted Peria Jerry and signed Babineaux to a big deal and they were trying to trade for Glenn Dorsey at the trade deadline this year. Oh yeah by the way we are in one, if not the best running division in all of football. So if drafting Suh or McCoy, trading our second for Dorsey and having a three tackle rotation of those two plus Roy Miller makes me sound dumb fine. But I don't think its that bad of an idea being that our DT's now are an undersized old Hovan and a top ten bust in Sims.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Ok with no trades coming from the Bucs my dream draft would be.

1.Ndamukong Suh- Big, strong and fast would give us a great player on the
D line with him and Roy Miller as our Dt's maybe we won't see NFC South teams run for 200 plus on us anymore.

2.Brandon Graham- Strong, just a bull of a man. Put him on the strong side and let him shut down the run and get into the Qb's face.

2.Eric Norwood- Bigger backer than we in Tampa are use to, but fast and can get to the Qb. Put him at the SAM backer spot and let him do his thing.

3.Alterraun Verner- Love the way this guy plays. Makes tackles in the run game. Been the best cornerback on a very good defense for two years now.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
etk you act like teams don't need backups in this league. That D linemen don't get hurt all the time. That when you play in Florida with the heat and humidly so high that 300 pound guys don't need a blow once in a while. The NY GMEN went out and gave up something like 30 million bucks to Chris Canty when they already had one of the best front fours last year. The fact that NY had Michael Strahan went and drafted Osi then drafted Tuck and then got Kiwanuka. Guess what? They all play DE but they found ways to get them all on the field at the same time. Hell drafting all of them won NY a super bowl! Also it came in handy when Osi went down ( back to that getting hurt thing ) to have a player like Kiwanuka come in and play for him.

You can't just go and pick very good D linemen off the D linemen tree thats in the backyard. Atlanta just drafted Peria Jerry and signed Babineaux to a big deal and they were trying to trade for Glenn Dorsey at the trade deadline this year. Oh yeah by the way we are in one, if not the best running division in all of football. So if drafting Suh or McCoy, trading our second for Dorsey and having a three tackle rotation of those two plus Roy Miller makes me sound dumb fine. But I don't think its that bad of an idea being that our DT's now are an undersized old Hovan and a top ten bust in Sims.
An outstanding 3 tackle rotation is a nice luxury to have. SEE THE BOLDED WORD. Our team needs help in a lot more areas than DT. We need multiple DBs, we need a pass rushing DE, and we need a WR. Of those 3 positions, the only one we can get away with ignoring is WR. We absolutely need at least 1 good CB and 1 pass rushing RDE. No room for 2 DTs with our first 2 picks. We have no business spending a high pick on a 20-25 snap player when we have pressing needs at other positions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok with no trades coming from the Bucs my dream draft would be.

1.Ndamukong Suh- Big, strong and fast would give us a great player on the
D line with him and Roy Miller as our Dt's maybe we won't see NFC South teams run for 200 plus on us anymore.

2.Brandon Graham- Strong, just a bull of a man. Put him on the strong side and let him shut down the run and get into the Qb's face.

2.Eric Norwood- Bigger backer than we in Tampa are use to, but fast and can get to the Qb. Put him at the SAM backer spot and let him do his thing.

3.Alterraun Verner- Love the way this guy plays. Makes tackles in the run game. Been the best cornerback on a very good defense for two years now.
Prefer McCoy to Suh, but that's just me.

Graham is great.

Norwood? What for? We have young LBs already, plus Norwood is not an ideal fit for our defense.

Verner....since we're talking small Pac-10 corners, gimme Syd'quan Thompson instead. He's a much better athlete and great in run support.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we better draft suh

we betta

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also what do you guys think of marty gilyard in the second, he seems p. good

Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
Old 12-06-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I was kinda hoping for a bigger receiver, but I'd settle for Gilyard.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was kinda hoping for a bigger receiver, but I'd settle for Gilyard.
We need another DB more than another WR, IMO. Give Stovall the damn ball.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
We need another DB more than another WR, IMO. Give Stovall the damn ball.
Oh yeah no doubt about that....CB is our #1 need IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh yeah no doubt about that....CB is our #1 need IMO.
4 picks in three rounds doesn't hurt though. We can afford a 2nd round receiver and still pick up our other big needs (DE, DT, CB)

Quote:
Old 12-07-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Guys lets just say we pick 3 and the Rams and the Browns take Suh and McCoy... Who would you want us to draft? Do we take Eric Berry and move him to CB? Can he play CB? Do we go for and guy like Joe Haden who is a CB (ranked 4th overall player on espn) or do we take a guy like Derrick Morgan (who's ranked the 6 on espn)?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DaMayan

Quote:
Guys lets just say we pick 3 and the Rams and the Browns take Suh and McCoy... Who would you want us to draft? Do we take Eric Berry and move him to CB? Can he play CB? Do we go for and guy like Joe Haden who is a CB (ranked 4th overall player on espn) or do we take a guy like Derrick Morgan (who's ranked the 6 on espn)?
We cry ourselfs to sleep...

Naah just draft Berry and put him at safety instead of Sabby. Maybe move Tanard to Strong and Berry to Free.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
DaMayan

Quote:
Id love the move.
A second seems steep but we have 2, so i'd offer the Chicago one.
Id love a Dorsey/Suh/Miller rotation, even if that does mean one less second round player at WR, DE or CB. Those needs can be addressed in free agency.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:44 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

1. Suh

2a. Use this and our 3rd to trade up in the first to get OLB Rolando McClain

2b. DE Brandon Graham or WR Jordan Shipley or WR Danario Alexander

3. Traded.

I am of the school of thought that we should invest in our defensive front seven early with next year's draft.

Suh, McClain and Graham would greatly improve that, IMO.

I also agree that a better WR can be had next year with the very talented crop of Juniors to-be.

I like our O-line the way it is, but would not be upset at nabbing a LT with one of the first 4 picks next year.

Think we can survive with Hayes and Black at OLB for another year, too, since trading up would be a dream scenario.

Definately need another CB.

Think that Ward is a bust and was a terrible pick up.

Would also like to throw Toby Gerhart's name out there as a Alstott ver 2.0. Thoughts?
ABoyNamedSuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
An outstanding 3 tackle rotation is a nice luxury to have. SEE THE BOLDED WORD. Our team needs help in a lot more areas than DT. We need multiple DBs, we need a pass rushing DE, and we need a WR. Of those 3 positions, the only one we can get away with ignoring is WR. We absolutely need at least 1 good CB and 1 pass rushing RDE. No room for 2 DTs with our first 2 picks. We have no business spending a high pick on a 20-25 snap player when we have pressing needs at other positions.
Btw etk from the guy who runs the number one defense in the league

"You need those big guys," defensive coordinator Dom Capers said Friday. "You can't ever have enough of 'em."

Talking about all four of his Dt's are on the injury report.

It's a long season my man... the big guys get beat up.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

How hard is it to realise we have about 109172937192783 needs and not just one at DT?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
How hard is it to realise we have about 109172937192783 needs and not just one at DT?
Its not hard to see we have a lot of needs Caddy... I know we need a Dt,De,Cb,Wr(maybe two),S(Sabby not getting it). But you can't fix all your needs in one draft, I'm sorry just don't think it works that way. From years of not spending money on free agents and having very poor drafts we have a major lack of talent on this team. Its going to take more than one year to fix it. My school of thought is to make your biggest weakness a area of strength or pick areas on your team you want to be strong at. I myself happen to think that the D line is the weakest part of our team. If you go back and look when we had a poor O line Allen and Gurden made it a point to rebuild it and they did. Drafting O line in the first, second and third rounds for years. I just value D linemen a lot seeing over the years good linebackers and cornerbacks become very avg when there D line is poor. There's a reason the saying in football is " it all starts up front " because the big boys win you games. Also great D linemen don't become free agents very often. You usually have to draft them yourself or pay a high price to get them on your team. So if I were the GM and we had a chance to trade for a top 5 pick in Dorsey thats playing out of position in KC for a second rounder I would do it. Cause like Dom Capers said "You need those big guys," "You can't ever have enough of 'em." and I think he knows a little more about running an NFL defense than anyone on this forum, don't you?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Its not hard to see we have a lot of needs Caddy... I know we need a Dt,De,Cb,Wr(maybe two),S(Sabby not getting it). But you can't fix all your needs in one draft, I'm sorry just don't think it works that way. From years of not spending money on free agents and having very poor drafts we have a major lack of talent on this team. Its going to take more than one year to fix it. My school of thought is to make your biggest weakness a area of strength or pick areas on your team you want to be strong at. I myself happen to think that the D line is the weakest part of our team. If you go back and look when we had a poor O line Allen and Gurden made it a point to rebuild it and they did. Drafting O line in the first, second and third rounds for years. I just value D linemen a lot seeing over the years good linebackers and cornerbacks become very avg when there D line is poor. There's a reason the saying in football is " it all starts up front " because the big boys win you games. Also great D linemen don't become free agents very often. You usually have to draft them yourself or pay a high price to get them on your team. So if I were the GM and we had a chance to trade for a top 5 pick in Dorsey thats playing out of position in KC for a second rounder I would do it. Cause like Dom Capers said "You need those big guys," "You can't ever have enough of 'em." and I think he knows a little more about running an NFL defense than anyone on this forum, don't you?
I like this rationale a lot better.