Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 12-30-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for that info Jbond. GREAT to know.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey bucs fans, i was curious, if the draft somehow ended up going Suh, Gerald McCoy, Eric Berry, who would you want?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

With us having the 4th pick I would rather trade a few spots down and get McClain or trade a little bit farther down and get the big run stopper Cody.. Hell I wouldn't mind trading even farther down and picking up Dez Bryant and then loading up on the Defensive side with the extra pick or picks we would get for trading down..
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
hey bucs fans, i was curious, if the draft somehow ended up going Suh, Gerald McCoy, Eric Berry, who would you want?
Okung if we can't re-sign Penn. McClain if we can't re-sign Ruud.

Outside of that... Trading down with a team wanting to nab a quarterback is the most likely scenario in this situation. If we can't, we'll take Derrick Morgan or reach for Joe Haden.

Last edited by Legacy : 12-31-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

At 4 I would take Derrick Morgan to help rebuild that D line.

If we win on Sunday and pick 5 or 6 I would take Joe Haden.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
At 4 I would take Derrick Morgan to help rebuild that D line.

If we win on Sunday and pick 5 or 6 I would take Joe Haden.
It will be interesting to see who's stock rises and falls... A month ago it seemed that T. Cody was a top 5 pick and now he's mid to late 1st round in most mock drafts I have seen...
I like Joe Haden, but you can trade out of the 6 spot and probably pick up a mid round pick and still get Haden. I like quite a few of the gators that are coming out with the exception of Tebow.. If B. Spikes falls to the 2nd round he would be a steal.. Dunlap's stock is falling fast because of the off the field issues i would love to see him as a Buc... Hernandez is pretty good, R. Cooper will be a steal in the 6th round if he is still there... Stamper is another mid round guy that I would love to see as a Buc...Buc's are going to have a lot of options with their first round pick...

Last edited by KennyG : 01-01-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Dunlap >>>>> any DE in this draft. (Including Jerry Hughes) IMO

Kid made one mistake (albeit a serious one) and now he has off-field issues? Give me a break. Been at UF for 3 years and this is his only off-field incident.

At 6'6 290 (per media guide) kid is a freak of nature and IMO, has not had a high motor for his first 2 years, this year has been different. He might not be leading the NCAA in sacks, but if you have watched him this year at all, you would notice Florida has been in a 3-3-4 defence most of the time and Carlos has been taking on constant double and triple teams, freeing up other Gators for QB pressure.

Prime example tonight against the Bearcats in the Sugar Bowl, he has 1.5 sacks of the Gators 4 total sacks in the first half, again playing in a 3-3-4 defense the majority of the half.

Last edited by ABoyNamedSuh : 01-01-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
ABoyNamedSuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

And to answer the question, If we could not get Berry, Suh or McCoy...I would lean towards Dunlap, then McClain, then Okung. In that order.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunlap's knock isn't just his 'personal' issues. The fact that he could very well be a workout warrior comes into play as well.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Workout warrior? After this year? How so? Have you seen him play this year? Serious questions.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
Workout warrior? After this year? How so? Have you seen him play this year? Serious questions.
I have seen him play and I wouldn't take him in the 3rd round because of that. Your statement that he has a "high motor" couldn't be further from the truth. He takes a lot of plays off and is wildly inconsistent. The only big game he's had this year was against Mississippi State.

Caddy is right. He'll be the textbook definition of a workout warrior. He'll blow up the combine and get drafted much higher than he should be, only to have the same on-field problems show up in the NFL. If I had to guess, I'd say the Raiders draft him because Al Davis is a senile moron who is in love with physical freaks.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At 6 foot 6 and 290 he should be blowing people off the ball like Suh does, and he doesn't. Also his first sack tonight there were 3 players from UF in the backfield, Dunlap lost where the Qb was... Went to turn around and the Qb ran into him. It wasn't an OMG play at all.

Last edited by bigbuc : 01-02-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:30 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I have seen him play and I wouldn't take him in the 3rd round because of that. Your statement that he has a "high motor" couldn't be further from the truth. He takes a lot of plays off and is wildly inconsistent. The only big game he's had this year was against Mississippi State.

Caddy is right. He'll be the textbook definition of a workout warrior. He'll blow up the combine and get drafted much higher than he should be, only to have the same on-field problems show up in the NFL. If I had to guess, I'd say the Raiders draft him because Al Davis is a senile moron who is in love with physical freaks.
Didn't exactly said that he has a high motor, sir. I know that he takes plays off. Most uber talented kids, do. Not saying that it is right, either.

Next are you going to tell me that Julius Peppers and Mario Williams :: play hard on every play? lol

Agree that Oakland would most definately be a potential landing spot for 'Los, because of, as you said, Al loves physical freaks.

Will have to disagree on wither or not he is deserving of a first rounde pick.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
At 6 foot 6 and 290 he should be blowing people off the ball like Suh does, and he doesn't. Also his first sack tonight there were 3 players from UF in the backfield, Dunlap lost where the Qb was... Went to turn around and the Qb ran into him. It wasn't an OMG play at all.
Question: in a 3-3-4, do you know what his, as a weakside DE, responsibilities are? I honestly don't.

Why do you think there were 3 Gators in the backfield? Escpecially when they were only using the 3 down linemen to rush the passer? Maybe because 'Los was demanding extra attention?

I do agree that he should be more consistant and that he should be blowing people off the LOS.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm sorry but I just don't buy into Dunlap at all. I'm extremely skeptical of how well his game translates to the pro's.

He is going to put up fantastic numbers at the combine though and will go a round earlier than he should. I also don't really think his production speaks measures about him either. Guys like him can dominate other offenses. His sheer athleticism alone gets that done. Hell, if Vernon Gholston can have a 14 sack season and then suck major ass in the pros, Dunlap can do the same.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Question: in a 3-3-4, do you know what his, as a weakside DE, responsibilities are? I honestly don't.

Why do you think there were 3 Gators in the backfield? Escpecially when they were only using the 3 down linemen to rush the passer? Maybe because 'Los was demanding extra attention?

I do agree that he should be more consistant and that he should be blowing people off the LOS.
You keep saying they play a 3-3-4 I think your trying to say a 3-3-5... Cause the first would only be 10 guys not 11. But in a 3-3-5 I would think they have to play run first or as they say " look run on your way to the Qb ". I don't care because Chris Long played in a 3-4 UV and had 10+ sacks was a monster in the backfield. And Chris was only 6-4 270 and slower than Dunlap. Not saying Dunlap can't be a Great player I just think that he's NOT one right now.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

I think it really dosn't matter if Dunlap gets drafted to a 3-4 Defense or a
4-3. He's good enough to play in either, I would love to see him as a Buc but definitely not with a top 10 pick... Dunlap has the potential to be great but the Buc's can't afford to miss on their first rounder like we did with Gaines... Not saying Dunlap is Gaines but to me Dunlap reminds me of Gaines sometimes in that they are missing the "killer instinct"... I want my Dlineman to be mean and nasty like the old days... Ahh the good ol days of Sapp and Rice....

Last edited by KennyG : 01-02-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Fellas, I see what you are saying. I just got a little homerism in my last few posts in this thread. My bad. Thank you for correcting my math, too. (3-3-4 lol) :)

Agree that his potential outweighs his production so far. Would love to see him back for his senior year.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Ok now that were picking 3rd... McCoy here we come!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Ok now that were picking 3rd... McCoy here we come!!!!!!!!
Sounds good to me.

I really hope both the Lions and Rams get some sense knocked into them, though. The Rams undoubtedly need a quarterback. They will not improve until they upgrade at that position. As for the Lions, they do need to fix the defense, but Stafford is going to be on the bench again next season with injuries unless they grab an OT who can protect their $41.7 million investment.

If they both do the right thing, that would leave us with Ndamukong Suh. :D
Old 01-03-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

3rd is good.

If worse case scenario arises and Suh and McCoy go one and two we're still in a bad position though, but no point worrying about things we can't control.

My Big Board now is #1 Suh, #2 McCoy, #3 Berry. However, depending on the CBA situation McClain and Okung could also come into play if we lose Penn and/or Ruud.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting 3rd is huge. I feel there is a huge dropoff after Suh, McCoy and Berry for us. This is great news for our teams future
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Me likey 3!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berry if the DTs are gone. Safety isn't the biggest need, but Berry is such a huge game changer. Reminds me of Ed Reed, he does a ton to upgrade the pass coverage.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:47 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
he does a ton to upgrade the pass coverage.
He would help out the run defense as well... Not as much as Suh or McCoy would but in running situations I predict he would bring a similar presence to what Palouma brings to the Steelers run D...