Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-28-2016, 12:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scott Wright's 2016 Mock (Round 1)

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Personally, I am surprised to not see him mock us (New Orleans) a CB or even have one in our top 3 needs. Mackenzie Alexander, Eli Apple, or Kendal Fuller would be great. I recognize the need for a WR as Colston is on the last leg of his career, but I would prefer that we try to replace him in the same manner that we found him - as a late round hidden gem.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No real issue with the Bears pick. There's probably guys I'd like more, and I've said my piece about how I value the LT position in general, but #11 seems like a good time to grab your LT. Doesn't hurt that he went to Notre Dame.

I think Decker to Philly was the pick I found the most bizarre. Why not just go Whitehair there if you're drafting based on the premise that Philly needs OL? Tennessee did something similar with Lewan a couple years ago, but unlike Tennessee, Philly has arguably the best bookends in football.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a bad year to need a premier edge rusher. After Bosa the cupboard is a little bare in the 1st, at least if you want an OLB. I don't think Ogbah or Lawson could make the transition to 3-4 OLB. Leonard Floyd is the next Aaron Maybin/Barkevious Mingo. Noah Spence has his substance abuse issues, though supposedly they're behind him.

So I understand mocking a tackle to the Colts. They need a center the most, but there isn't one worth taking at #18. Putting Conklin at RT would indeed mean Jack Mewhort could stay at LG, where he probably belongs.

But a big part of me wants to take a shot at Spence and hope his troubles really are behind him. Our defense needs pass rush more than our offense needs an OT.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:41 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets will want more athleticism in LB if they go that direction. Ragland may not fit that mold Jets seek for. If you think of the future after David Harris then Jets hinted they like Taiwan Jones as Harris' possible replacement so I don't see how Jets will necessitate drafting a thumper ILB in the first round.

Welcome back, Scott the Snake.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bills fan I'm scared of Robert Nkemdiche but I don't think we can pass on him. Just too talented even though he hasn't really put it all together yet.

The Bills are closer than ever than letting go Mario and Kyle Williams. Getting a DL in the first two rounds is paramount.

If Lynch or Wentz somehow drop to #19 don't be surprised if Whaley takes them though I have a sneaky suspicion he really likes Cardale Jones in the 2nd or 3rd.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Seems like a bad year to need a premier edge rusher. After Bosa the cupboard is a little bare in the 1st, at least if you want an OLB. I don't think Ogbah or Lawson could make the transition to 3-4 OLB. Leonard Floyd is the next Aaron Maybin/Barkevious Mingo. Noah Spence has his substance abuse issues, though supposedly they're behind him.
Yeah. I was hoping Shaq Lawson was that, but I'm not feeling him as a pure pass rush threat. I like Dodd but as more of a Justin Tuck/Michael Bennett type player.

Spence is worth a shot in the first. Kyler Fackrell intrigues me. Floyd, Ogbah and Calhoun are in the same conversation as Lawson probably. Not a great year.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith play LB in a 3-4?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Sure, but if you're asking them to be Justin Houston rather than Derrick Johnson you're wasting their talents.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:02 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Texans fan, I am just happy he isn't mocking us a QB. I don't like any of them in this draft.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:46 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens would have to be really, really confident in Jaylon Smith's ability/potential to rush the passer from the outside. Baltimore is in need of youth, speed, and athleticism but only at outside linebacker. Otherwise they're taking their second inside linebacker in the first round within three years and that's a position they've always been able to find complimentary talent at with undrafted free agents.

If you have Treadwell as your 7th ranked player he would probably be a better pick for them. Getting a quality starting receiver is still a pretty big need and would still be so even if Perriman pans out. Flacco needs guys who can make a play on the ball. Stanley would be great too, Eugene Monroe has been extremely unreliable the last couple of years.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:09 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont hate the pick for the Vikings. But offensive line is there biggest need this off season. And its not even close.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:10 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
As a Texans fan, I am just happy he isn't mocking us a QB. I don't like any of them in this draft.
Well that's dumb.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:29 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Well that's dumb.
Why? There isn't anyone worthy this year. Manziel is probably better than every QB this year.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of studying to do before having a strong opinion on any QB in the 2016 Draft, but the Texans have passed on many QB prospects in recent years and the lack of a starting quality QB is clearly hurting them. If not a QB from the 2016 Draft, then who? I don't see many options available to them besides taking a chance on a Draft pick.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:12 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

If they would have listened to me then we would have Derek Carr at QB and not have to worry about this. :) I would rather go after Rivers, Brees, RG3, etc. before drafting someone this year. I would rather Savage be given a chance over Hackenburg.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving the Rams a QB is pretty smart.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:31 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams I think already have their future starting QB on the roster and his name is Sean Mannion.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I've asked this already but maybe Scott will oblige me:

Can someone please tell me what they see in Deforest Buckner that makes him worthy of a top 5 pick? I don't get how a guy who has almost no ability to rush the passer is being graded this high.

If it is just based off of his ability to stuff the run (I wouldn't even call him a dominant run defender) then why not take Robinson who is unarguably better at stopping the run?

I see run away valuation written all over this guy. He's been all but neutralized any time he plays against NFL caliber OL talent.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The Rams I think already have their future starting QB on the roster and his name is Sean Mannion.
If Mannion is their guy, they sure didn't seem concerned with getting him much playing time as a rookie. That doesn't rule him out, but it seems like they would have wanted him on the field over the guys they put out there.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:58 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
As a Bills fan I'm scared of Robert Nkemdiche but I don't think we can pass on him. Just too talented even though he hasn't really put it all together yet.

The Bills are closer than ever than letting go Mario and Kyle Williams. Getting a DL in the first two rounds is paramount.

If Lynch or Wentz somehow drop to #19 don't be surprised if Whaley takes them though I have a sneaky suspicion he really likes Cardale Jones in the 2nd or 3rd.
I think that Nkemdiche is severely overrated and I have him pegged as a 2nd round boom or bust prospect. He would be one of the guys that would legit piss me off if the Bills took. He is living off of flash plays in college and his number 1 ranking as a high schooler. He disappears for too long in most games. There are so many lineman that are better options.

I do agree with you that if Carson Wentz was there at 19 the Bills would swoop him up. Do I think he'll be there? Nope.
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Why? There isn't anyone worthy this year. Manziel is probably better than every QB this year.
I don't know what to tell you. There will probably be 3 QB's going top 10 so you are going to be in the minority there. Not really sure why you bring Manziel up since no one had any idea how to evaluate him in the first place, but it seems rather easy to say in hindsight that none of these guys are as bad as Manziel. What exactly do you not like about these guys?

Also, even if you don't like these guys and don't trust anyone else's opinion on them, what could you possibly prefer the Texans do? People are way too hard on first round QB's. If you don't have a QB, just take a guy that might have a chance to be something.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I don't know about you guys, but....

I've was experiencing withdrawal symptoms from not having Scott's mocks! I needed that hit bad.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Do not think Sean Mannion moves the needle much in tinseltown. A #1 at QB would be expected.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I don't know what to tell you. There will probably be 3 QB's going top 10 so you are going to be in the minority there. Not really sure why you bring Manziel up since no one had any idea how to evaluate him in the first place, but it seems rather easy to say in hindsight that none of these guys are as bad as Manziel. What exactly do you not like about these guys?

Also, even if you don't like these guys and don't trust anyone else's opinion on them, what could you possibly prefer the Texans do? People are way too hard on first round QB's. If you don't have a QB, just take a guy that might have a chance to be something.
Just fwiw...

I still think Manziel could turn into a legit starter. I feel like I did know how to evaluate him - the one big question was whether he was willing to put in the time to learn about NFL defenses... and after two years, the answer has been "No, he is not." He, to this point, has simply not taken the job requirements seriously. I mean, even look at someone like Cam Newton - he's such a physical freak that a lot of people thought he could be a fairly successful QB just by running and throwing (along the lines of a Michael Vick), but he's put in a lot of work and now he's a legit MVP and one of the best players in the NFL. Manziel just isn't on that level from a physical standpoint, so it was more obvious that he would need to work on the mental aspects of his game - but the point is that every quarterback needs to put in a lot of mental work, regardless of how physically gifted they are, but Mr. Football apparently either thought he was the exception to that rule who could show up on Sundays and draw plays in the dirt, or, more likely, he's got other priorities in his life which continually take precedence over his football responsibilities.

All that to say - I think Manziel's got real NFL ability, I think his arm is good enough, he's got an innate feel for the game, he's great on broken plays, he's got good composure and competitiveness, he can throw with accuracy, and so on; he just hasn't invested the time and focus yet. So it's not that Manziel is or was "bad"; unless you mean he's been a bad professional. It's not badness that has to do with his talent set.

Which brings me to my thought: this reminds me of 2012 without the top-end talent. That year we had RGIII, Luck, Tannehill and Weeden all go in the first round, with Russell Wilson going in the third. This year, again, we look like we could have three, or even four quarterbacks going in the first round, but I think there's a guy who's going to be picked in the middle who could outperform them - and that guy is Vernon Adams. In the last few years, there have been three prospects who I have evaluated very similarly - Russell Wilson, Johnny Manziel, and now Vernon Adams. All three are pretty dramatically undersized by conventional standards, but all three have (at least) adequate arm strength, touch and anticipation, have an intuitive feel for the game which allows them to use their mobility to set up the throw, show the ability to be a pass-first quarterback who keeps his eyes downfield while navigating trash with peripheral vision, all three are willing to get hit and stay composed while under pressure while also having the ability to protect themselves. Vernon Adams in particular has shown a remarkable ability to pick up an offense and quickly gain chemistry with new teammates as evidenced both by what he did at Oregon and his recent showing at the Shrine Game, where he was on a different level than the other quarterbacks there. The more I think about it, the more I think we're in the same situation as 2012 where one of the best quarterback prospects isn't getting the hype because he's not tall enough. It's a little more complicated with Adams because of limited exposure, but I think that's just setting him up to be a major steal. He won some impressive games in the second half of this season, after he got healthy and more acclimated to the offense. If he had another year, he'd be a prime Heisman contender. He put up efficiency numbers almost identical to Marcus Mariota in his first year of that offense. So, Russell Wilson has shown that this profile of QB can succeed, Johnny Manziel's issues begin away football, and for a variety of reasons, probably including Manziel's lack of success, people aren't really talking about Vernon Adams like a legitimate quarterback prospect. So I'm just going to throw that out there as something I see as a real possibility - that we're going to have another grab bag of quarterbacks who go in the first round, and then a short, mobile guy who goes a bit later and in retrospect makes people wonder what they missed. So I'm going to be real interested to see if one of these teams who needs a QB passes on the need pick in the first round or two, picks up some better value, and then tries to quietly nab Adams later on.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:08 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is every single short mobile QB going to be compared to Russell Wilson for the end of time? There is only one Russell Wilson, he is the only one who has his combination of skills. There isn't a Russell Wilson in every damn draft. There might be one in 20 drafts. Adams and Wilson are both short, but they aren't the same size. Wilson has 20 pounds on Adams and his hands are far bigger. Adams doesn't have near the arm talent of Wilson.

I'm never going to be impressed when a mobile QB has success in an all star game because it's basically playing backyard football. That's not what playing QB in the NFL is. No surprise Dak Prescott won the Senior Bowl MVP either.

And as far as Manziel, I don't want to really get into him but he is an awful QB. Awful. He still bails on clean pockets, doesn't have full field vision and doesn't throw the ball to open recievers. And he's arguably the worst decision maker (on field) in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqP5DD0_Uw

I mean, awful, just awful. How can anyone seriously believe he can still start in the NFL?