Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-19-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tim Tebow = Bobby Douglass
fair enough....little before my time lol

i dont think he will ever play QB...its an ongoing debate but thats the side im on
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ciron Black=Gosder Cherilus
Old 02-19-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought of this one.

JPP = Jared Allen
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Just thought of this one.

JPP = Jared Allen
When I hear JPP I think of Jevon Kearse.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Jevon Kearse was about 6'4 260 and actually played OLB at Florida. He was used a lot like Sergio Kindle as far as being a OLB in a 4-3 who is also a situational pass rusher. Pierre Paul is a big dude and should come in at 6'6 265-270.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damian Williams = Reggie Wayne

Golden Tate = Steve Smith

Brandon Graham = Dwight Freeney

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
George Lippard
Rookie

George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.George Lippard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Damian Williams = Reggie Wayne

Golden Tate = Steve Smith

Brandon Graham = Dwight Freeney

I don't buy the Steve Smith/Golden Tate comparisons. They are both short receivers, it ends there. Smith is much more explosive athlete and a sick route runner, Tate has molasses as feet. Smith is solidly built, Tate is an emaciated turd.
George Lippard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jevon Kearse was about 6'4 260 and actually played OLB at Florida. He was used a lot like Sergio Kindle as far as being a OLB in a 4-3 who is also a situational pass rusher. Pierre Paul is a big dude and should come in at 6'6 265-270.
The comparison is they are both freak athletes, they're nearly the same size (JPP is a tad bit taller) but after that the similarities never stop in my mind (keep in mind what Jevon Kearse I know, I'm an Eagles fan).

Both are extremely athletic, both have ridiculous speed at DE, both have insanely long arms (Kearse had 86" wingspan), both have the ability to move laterally, the flexibility to play in space, can stand up and rush, neither plays the run well, neither is very physical and would rather play a finesse game, both are sort of weak at the point of attack and both can disappear for long stretches.

Another one that I've read is Gaines Adams = JPP, I like that as well. As you can probably tell I'm not that high on JPP.

Also I'm one of the people who thinks that JPP can't play in a 3-4 at OLB, he has the tools to do it, but I think he lacks the intelligence to do it. I think if a team drafts JPP to play OLB they're going to be disappointed because he won't figure out the playbook fast enough and he won't know how to cover routes and he won't pick up on it either. Not only that but he lacks the instincts and desire to consistently play the run. A team that gets him is going to have another Jason Babin or Vernon Gholston on their hands, great athletes with the physical ability to play OLB but they lack the intelligence and instincts to play it.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The comparison is they are both freak athletes, they're nearly the same size (JPP is a tad bit taller) but after that the similarities never stop in my mind (keep in mind what Jevon Kearse I know, I'm an Eagles fan).

Both are extremely athletic, both have ridiculous speed at DE, both have insanely long arms (Kearse had 86" wingspan), both have the ability to move laterally, the flexibility to play in space, can stand up and rush, neither plays the run well, neither is very physical and would rather play a finesse game, both are sort of weak at the point of attack and both can disappear for long stretches.

Another one that I've read is Gaines Adams = JPP, I like that as well. As you can probably tell I'm not that high on JPP.

Also I'm one of the people who thinks that JPP can't play in a 3-4 at OLB, he has the tools to do it, but I think he lacks the intelligence to do it. I think if a team drafts JPP to play OLB they're going to be disappointed because he won't figure out the playbook fast enough and he won't know how to cover routes and he won't pick up on it either. Not only that but he lacks the instincts and desire to consistently play the run. A team that gets him is going to have another Jason Babin or Vernon Gholston on their hands, great athletes with the physical ability to play OLB but they lack the intelligence and instincts to play it.
I don't think its a bad comparison. Just think the size and style of play are different.

And by comparing JPP to Jared Allen I'm not saying that JP is going to experience the same success as Allen, just that they are physically similar and have a similar game. Both are in the 6'6 270 range. Both guys are very talented and are speed rush first guys despite being big DE's. Both have some power but aren't really that effective with the bull rush. Jared Allen has maximized his skill set to become one of the premier defensive players in the game. Will JPP do the same? I don't know but they do bring a lot of the same things to the table.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lippard View Post
I don't buy the Steve Smith/Golden Tate comparisons. They are both short receivers, it ends there. Smith is much more explosive athlete and a sick route runner, Tate has molasses as feet. Smith is solidly built, Tate is an emaciated turd.
tate has the strongest hands of any reciever in this class, hes sick with the ball too because he was a RB his whole life....smith is not like tate in anything besides speed, smith is beefy and can rip guys off of him at the line, tate is more like lee evans in that he is the deep threat....but i think tate will end up being better than evans
Old 02-20-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
tate has the strongest hands of any reciever in this class, hes sick with the ball too because he was a RB his whole life....smith is not like tate in anything besides speed, smith is beefy and can rip guys off of him at the line, tate is more like lee evans in that he is the deep threat....but i think tate will end up being better than evans
AGREE 100%.
Golden Tate has too many haters on this site, but the man can play ball.
He's got fantastic hands, breaks a ton of tackles, and he's arguably the toughest, most physical receiver in the class.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Here is one that might ruffle some feathers:
Eric Berry = Michael Huff
Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eric Berry = Troy Polamalu

Everyone wants to make the the Berry-Reed comparison but the are really quite different. Reed is the ultimate deep safety and a perfect FS. Berry roams around a lot. He'll be the right man in the box, he lines up as the nickel, he blitzes and he also plays deep. His style of play is much more reminiscent to Polamalu's than it is to Reed's. Physically he is much more similar to Polamalu with both being about 5'10 205 and running their forty in the 4.35-4.45 range.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Huff's more natural position may be CB, but thats just my opinion.

Berry may be a CB too, but I don't think Huff and Berry are the same type of player(Just my opinion-and I like both Huff and Berry).
Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eric Berry = Troy Polamalu

Everyone wants to make the the Berry-Reed comparison but the are really quite different. Reed is the ultimate deep safety and a perfect FS. Berry roams around a lot. He'll be the right man in the box, he lines up as the nickel, he blitzes and he also plays deep. His style of play is much more reminiscent to Polamalu's than it is to Reed's. Physically he is much more similar to Polamalu with both being about 5'10 205 and running their forty in the 4.35-4.45 range.
Well in terms of how he was used in college I'm not sure anyone who is fantastic in the NFL compares to Berry, I think you'd have trouble finding a guy who played FS and was a dominant center-fielder, a guy who was very effective when moved to CB and a guy who played the role of in the box safety all rolled into one the way Eric Berry is. I've been watching Eric Berry for a while now and he just has a nose for the ball, the guy just finds the pigskin, it amazes me how football smart he seems on the field. I think any defensive coordinator who is worth their pay could make Eric Berry into a defensive superstar. What other defensive back in the NFL has the ability to play CB, have the ball skills and intelligence of Ed Reed and the intensity and in the box skills of Troy P. There are so many things that can be done with Eric Berry.

But my comparison was based off of what they were like coming into the NFL, honestly if the video quality is bad enough (to the point where you can't differentiate the shades of orange) you probably couldn't tell the difference. Just watch this and you'll see what I'm talking about, Huff did everything Berry does, had similar builds and have similar athletic ability.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lippard View Post
I don't see the grounds for that statement regarding Tate's feet or build, but I generally agree. I wouldn't take Tate until the 5th.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Thomas?????

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When I hear JPP I think of Al Davis, but that's not a comparison, so...
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who does Vladimir Ducasse, Earl Thomas, Chad Jones, Kyle Wilson, Dan Williams and Mike Iupati compare to the best?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i have a few

Chad Jones-Adrian Wilson
Mardy Gilyard-Santonio Holmes
Anthony Davis-Ryan Clady (without the silky smooth technique)
Tim Tebow-Dallas Clark (for real)
Brandon Spikes-James Farrior
Sam Bradford-Alex Smith

thoughts?
Bolded the ones i like. I love the first 2 coparisons!

James Farrior was nothing like spikes though man, he was 240 coming out and ran a 4.4...coverage was equaly as good as his run stopping when he came out. That basicaly ruins this comparison ;)
Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Earl Thomas?????
Antoine Bathea...differnt prospects, but similar players imo.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Who does Vladimir Ducasse, Earl Thomas, Chad Jones, Kyle Wilson, Dan Williams and Mike Iupati compare to the best?
I'll take a stab at it.

Vlad Ducasse - Khalif Barnes
Earl Thomas - Antoine Bethea
Chad Jones - Adrian Wilson
Kyle Wilson - Asante Samuel
Dan Williams - Jamal Williams
Mike Iupati - Steve Hutchinson
Old 02-21-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Antoine Bathea...differnt prospects, but similar players imo.
I was posting Bethea - Earl Thomas comparison a second after you did. Guess great minds think a like.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be going out on a limb here but I do see some Champ Bailey in Eric Berry, similar height... similar speed, excellent head for the ball.. good tacklers for guys their size... If Berry is switched to CB I can't think of a better comparison.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Veldheer=Joe Staley