Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-10-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Thanks for proving that you are illiterate.
..and how did he do that O literate one?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
..and how did he do that O literate one?
Read the first post.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MAC is so overrated on these boards. Sure, they occasionally pull an upset over a middling BCS team, but the talent on the teams really isn't on par with the MWC or CUSA. How many mac players are ranked in Scott's Top 100?

They're essentially the Big East of the Mid Majors (boasts a couple big name skill position players resulting from low overall talent on defenses)

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
t-3. Big 12
t-3. Pac Ten
5. ACC
6. Big East
7. Mountain West
8. CUSA
9. WAC
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt
Old 03-10-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
yeah..........
I was trying to show how bad the S Belt was
I hope you're not a fan of Corey Williams (or Demarcus Ware, Osi Umenyiora, Charles Tillman, Ike Taylor, Jake Delhomme, Marty Booker, Brandon Stokely, Brian Waters....) because he came from what you apparently consider the worst conference in the history of sports.

I know the SBC is at the bottom of the barrel, but it's not THAT bad. 1-1 in Bowl games this past season.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC. I think the strength of that conference will cause a playoff system in the next 5 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
SEC. I think the strength of that conference will cause a playoff system in the next 5 years.
read the first post...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

I dont see how anyone could put the MAC over the MWC, that is the equivalent of putting the Pac-10 over the SEC.

when was the last time a MAC team was top 25?

honestly could any MAC team beat BYU, TCU or Utah.

Ill take the WAC hands down over the MAC, there isnt one quality team in the MAC. Central Michigan was yalls champs wow they are quality.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBN570 View Post
Most people seem to agree that the SEC is the best conference in football as far as talent. I'm curious to hear debate as to what conference is the second best, or if any conference is better than the SEC. Could Vandy or Kentucky beat a top Big 10 team... Big 12 team? Is the conference top loaded with that elite talent?
its kinda easy to say second best is big ten and no way is it possible for vandy or kentucky to beat a top big ten team. Michigan killed vandy if you dont remember. Big ten is pretty top heavy with UM, OSU, and occasionally wisconsin usually taking the big ten title penn state sometimes too but usually michigan or OSU. I'd put Big ten over Pac 10 and big 12 any day though
Old 03-11-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Jeff82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
If you're talking about just plain talent then its the SEC barely ahead of the Big Ten followed by the ACC, Pac 10, Big 12 and Big East (in that order).

And Vandy got stomped worse by Michigan last year than they did against most of their SEC foes.
Vandy was only down 13-7 to Michigan and the game was at Michigan. Also it was the first start for Vandy QB Chris Nickson. Michigan is clearly better than Vandy, but give them some credit, Bobby Johnson has done a good job of building a program since he arrived.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jeff82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dware_94 View Post
1. SEC
2. Pac 10
3. Big 12
4. Big East
5. Big 11
6. Mountain West
7. ACC
Wow, I'm an SEC guy and like to take some fun jabs at Big 10 fans, but be serious. I think that usually the SEC is better overall (not necessarily the top team or two) than the Big 10, but from year to year that can change. No way is the Big 10 at 5.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Jeff82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dware_94 View Post
Maybe i'm just looking into Michigan and tOSU's terrible bowl performances too much

i also think Louisville, WVU, and Rutgers are very solid teams
I like the Big East and I think that in 5 years teams like South Florida and Pitt will be solid as well. Problem is they only have 8 teams and they only play 7 conference games, whereas most conferences play 8 and the Pac 10 plays 9. Every conference has about 2 or 3 bad bad teams, and for the Big East when they have 3, then that makes their overall quality depth look bad.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jeff82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
The MAC is so overrated on these boards. Sure, they occasionally pull an upset over a middling BCS team, but the talent on the teams really isn't on par with the MWC or CUSA. How many mac players are ranked in Scott's Top 100?

They're essentially the Big East of the Mid Majors (boasts a couple big name skill position players resulting from low overall talent on defenses)

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
t-3. Big 12
t-3. Pac Ten
5. ACC
6. Big East
7. Mountain West
8. CUSA
9. WAC
10. MAC
11. Sun Belt

By far the best conference ranking i've seen. You hit it dead on.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Jeff82

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
its kinda easy to say second best is big ten and no way is it possible for vandy or kentucky to beat a top big ten team. Michigan killed vandy if you dont remember. Big ten is pretty top heavy with UM, OSU, and occasionally wisconsin usually taking the big ten title penn state sometimes too but usually michigan or OSU. I'd put Big ten over Pac 10 and big 12 any day though
What exactly is your definition of killed?
Old 03-11-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

though the big ten is a little top heavy the big east sucks, they are sorely overrated based upon the big name skill players(who are still only a few)
Old 03-11-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

uhhh everyone acts like the big 10 was horrible in bowls but didnt they beat the SEC in every bowl game the conferences had against eachother except for the NC?
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
What exactly is your definition of killed?
Winning by 20 points, holding your opponent to 114 total yards outside of one trick play, giving up 7 first downs, giving up 2.6 yards per play, and recording 5 sacks.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
dware_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
uhhh everyone acts like the big 10 was horrible in bowls but didnt they beat the SEC in every bowl game the conferences had against eachother except for the NC?
ok...tOSU: raped by Florida
Michigan: raped by USC
Wisconsin: impressive victory over Arky
Purdue: spanked by an average Maryland team
Penn st: they Won but if Foster didn't fumble Tenn wins
Iowa: played better than i thought but still lost
Minnesota: Meltdown of the century VS Tech

thats looks horrible to me
Old 03-11-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Jeff82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
A few people that have no idea what they are talking about think the Big 10 is horrible. I think the SEC is #1 and the Big 10 #2, but by no means do I think the Big 10 is horrible and in fact for those that say that the Big 10 played like crap in bowl games look at what each team did.

Yes Ohio State and Michigan got beat bad, but...

Iowa was suppose to get blown out by a very good Texas team but kept that very close and could have beaten Texas.

Penn State was suppose to be a lock to get beat by Tennessee, but they pulled out a very good win for the conference.

Wisconsin finished off a great season by beating a quality Arkansas team.

Again, I think the SEC is number one, but I give the Big 10 it's credit for being the definite number two and a darn good conference.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
dware_94

jesus...there's a lot of big ten homers on this board
Old 03-11-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Jeff82

Vandy had 171 total yards of offense and the trick play (which is still a part of football stats) was only 30 yards, so you got your 1 and 4 mixed up because it would be 141 yards minus trick play. It was 9 first downs and since trick plays do count it was 3.3 yards per play. Oh and didn't a Chris Nickson fumble in Vandy territory allow the Wolverines the chance to put a TD with 2 minutes left in the game. So until very late, it was only 20-7. Not quite a killing.

I'm not saying Vanderbilt is better than Michigan, but they did have a brand new QB starting his first game at Michigan and they kept that game close especially only being down 13-7 at half and 20-7 with a little over two minutes left in the game.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
omecool20

ACC will be back :-) ACC no 1, SEC no 2, Big 10 no 3
Old 03-20-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

how does backing up the big 10 as the second best conference make me a big 10 homer? especially when im from boston and am a BC fan...and what i was pointing out was that everyone loves to say the big10 sucks and the sec is gods conference but the big10 did better than the sec when they went head to head in bowls. thats what i said in my original post so quoting to me how some big10 teams lost to acc or pac 10 teams has nothing to do with my argument
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i think the pac 10 is stronger than the big 10. i think the pac 10 doesnt get enough respect

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

SEC
Big 11
Big 12
ACC
Pac 1
Big East
The Rest
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

the big 12 is harder than the pac 10? thats rich. no way the ACC is harder as of late either. the only team in big 12 is texas and OU. OU proved they werent as good as many thought in their bowl game and i would bet my house that Cal would beat Texas if they played last year

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote