Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only "name" player I could see the Chiefs trading mid season is Derrick Johnson who is in the last year of his deal doesn't really fit the system and has been in the dog house.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The only "name" player I could see the Chiefs trading mid season is Derrick Johnson who is in the last year of his deal doesn't really fit the system and has been in the dog house.
SLB in a 4 - 3?

Eric Church - Homeboy
http://youtu.be/wx-dUsh6OT8
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
what CBs and WRs would you think teams would give up? I would love for us to do something like that, trade for a veteran CB/WR that is still in there 20s
NATHAN VASHER???? Oh, no one wants Vasher.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
SLB in a 4 - 3?
He has played both weak and strong as well as some MLB very little but he has done it I think his best fit is the weak side.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has played both weak and strong as well as a little MLB very little but he has done it I think his best fit is the weak side.
That's the best ****** news I've heard all day! :(

Eric Church - Homeboy
http://youtu.be/wx-dUsh6OT8
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would not be shocked one bit to see DJ traded I'm guessing the asking price would be a 2nd but I bet he could be had for a 3rd and a later pick or player.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any decent LTs on the market? Peyton Manning could use some blindside protection. I wonder what Tarik Glenn is doing these days...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fits the system better than Demorrio Williams ever will.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Fits the system better than Demorrio Williams ever will.
That may be true but you have to admit it looks like DJ is not in the Chiefs long term plans and if not I would rather get a pick or two then just let him walk.

Last edited by Splat : 10-12-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I guess you're right. Rather get something than nothing. He really should be starting over Williams though.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi. If a contender picks up a talent like that, it'll turn into a massive pickup.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
According to Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi. If a contender picks up a talent like that, it'll turn into a massive pickup.
Didn't he sign the massive deal THIS offseason? That would be one helluva cap hit, but obviously great for whoever picks him up. Any other team this scenario is beyond the realm of possibility.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The contract he signed is absolutley enormous. I doubt theres many teams that could fit it under the cap.

The Pats should offer a 4th rounder.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Fins, Browns almost swapped Brown, Edwards
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
GO! OZZIE! GO!

Depending on the contract, Id love for the Ravens to offer something for him. Not sure what it would be though, Im not even sure what the Raiders asking price would be.

What was his contract like anyways? Wouldnt the Raiders have to absorb some of that contract if they move him so soon after the signing? Hmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to schefters twitter:

Last April, Dolphins and Browns discussed trade that would have sent Braylon Edwards to Miami and Ronnie Brown to Cleveland.

so it was around draft time

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would not be shocked one bit to see DJ traded I'm guessing the asking price would be a 2nd but I bet he could be had for a 3rd and a later pick or player.
how about a 3rd and Roscoe Parrish?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Last April, Dolphins and Browns discussed trade that would have sent Braylon Edwards to Miami and Ronnie Brown to Cleveland.
From the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang
when people dont read threads and just post
Your so busted... :)

Last edited by Splat : 10-12-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From the "What Grinds Your Gears" thread.

Your so busted... :)
busted of what? he wasnt mentioned at all in the thread, and for all those that didnt read the link i just posted that it was back in april, the offseason is long. It was around draft time

Old 10-12-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I all ready posted about the Braylon Edwards to Miami for Ronnie Brown swap that never went down and then you posted it two posts later.

Its not a big deal at all just giving you a hard time.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn, I know Titans fans are looking for a shut down corner to play opposite of Finnegan, but a first rounder ain't happening unless we wind up not picking in the top 10. We also got the cap space to do this move. Interested I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Saints would give you a 4th rounder for him and some cheesecake.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we trade any of the following players....I'll become an Eagle fan 100% not just part time

1.Nnamdi 2. Howard 3. Kirk

i think thats it

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I all ready posted about the Braylon Edwards to Miami for Ronnie Brown swap that never went down and then you posted it two posts later.

Its not a big deal at all just giving you a hard time.
i knew you posted it, i just wanted to clarify that it was back in April :P

Old 10-13-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
how about a 3rd and Roscoe Parrish?
I would have to think that over if I was the Chiefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
The Saints would give you a 4th rounder for him and some cheesecake.
No...