Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 5 thoughts

So, I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've done one of these, but that is just due to the immense workload from uni without further time wasting:

Josh McDaniels just might deserve coach of the year over Rex Ryan.

Jets fans are going to hate me here, but I feel that McDaniels has achieved more with less than Ryan at this early juncture and the monday night football matchup has little to do with my belief. McDaniels has taken a useless defense and what appeared to be an imploding offense and has created a very competitive team. Though two of the victories weren't exaclty over stellar opponents in Cleveland and Oakland their victories over Cincinatti, New England and Dallas are nothing to be sneezed at.

Some may argue the victories weren't exactly in dominant fashion, but football is never pretty and at the end of the day it doesn't matter whether they're won on a tipped pass, a last minute hail mary or a defensive turnover, it matters who plays to the whistle and like Belichick before him, McDaniels has his team buying into the team first system, rallying around Orton who's turning into a competitive quarterback and winning games.

The test is upcoming as the schedule is taking a big turn for the worse with upcoming games against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Diego and the Giants only time will tell just how good this Denver unit is.

Chad Henne is Legit
After watching his performance against the Jets it's becoming abundantly clear that Henne just might become on of this years breakout surprise players. His completion percentage is steadily improving, this week alone to over 70% and he seemingly moved the dolphins up and down the field at will this week against what is usually a dominant defense in New York.

He's got the right size, comes from the right background and it looks like the supporting cast around him has grown just enough for him to take the Dolphins as far as they could've gone with Pennington at the helm.

I've got to admit, I never saw this coming, I was optimistic for the kid, but didn't expet him to be this good, this soon. Hopefully it can continue.

Kerry Collins
Not long ago I spoke about Kerry Collins and that in light of his performances toward the latter part of 2008 that the Titans had to find their future at the position whether or not that was Vince Young or elsewhere.

The Titans have assembled a solid football team at just about every position and emerging stars feature prominently on the defense and at the skill positions on offense, but the team is going to continue to be handcuffed in their future potential without a topflight quarterback. Statistically it's plain to see that Collins is on pace to post similarly to last year, but teams just don't seem to fear the Titans passing attack and have at this juncture figured out how to prevent their running offense from establishing any offensive continuity.

Balance win games and time is seriously ticking for tennessee to right the ship right now they stand on even keel with Kansas City, St Louis and Tampa Bay, even Oakland and Detroit are in better shape.

Dan Snyder is the next Al Davis
I've read a lot of books about the NFL, from coaches experiences to the financial collective bargaining agreement woes and not one book, interview, coach or play has had anything positive to say about Dan Snyder. There's no doubt that the man wants to win a superbowl and his commitment to the team and the city of washington is undoubtedly one to be commended, but his quick-to-fire attitude and intolerance for allowing an organisation to grow means that the Redskins are destined to struggle so long as he's ultimately calling the shots.

Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell aren't likely to be in washington next season, but by the time a new coach and quarterback are given that three years traditionally necessary for an organisation to turn around many of the defensive stars that helped washington to a top five finish last year will have left town and it's doubtful the receiving corp and running back stable will likely have seen some real turnover.

Snyder like Al Davis has a penchant for over paying for players that won't have the impact they ought to based on their price tag and cutting ties with coaches and assistance whimsically it's highly unlikely we'll see the redskins become a competitive force in the NFL's most competitive division unless there's either a) a perfect storm of coach, rookie quarterback and contributors like we saw last year in Atlanta and we're seeing this year in New York or b) Snyder takes a major step back from the day to day running of the franchise.

Homer Corner
It's good to see the team get back on track off the back of a great defensive performance particularly from Julius Peppers who registered two sacks and combined with Thomas Davis on a safety. The offense continues to cause some issues for the team as a whole as two turnovers cost the team fourteen points. Both the Redskins touchdowns came on the back of turnovers from an extremely short field.

The Panthers have two winnable games, one against Buffalo and another against Tampa in the pipeline which should help the team claw back to .500 and gather some momentum heading into their divisional matchup with the undefeated juggernaut that is New Orleans.

Other Stuff
Good to see everyone's finally coming to the party where Cedric Benson is concerned. I called it last season when he first came back, but now Palmer is healthy and the Bengals managed to keep most of their players on the field and not in the slammer or on the injury report we're really starting to see why Marvin Lewis has kept his job for all these years.

Despite what the 49ers have fought for so far, the return to power of the Seahawks and the heights Arizona reahed last year the NFC West is still the worst division in football.

Based on the early season play, I'm predicting an All Manning Superbowl. The Indianapolis Colts are playing good enough defense right now for Peyton Manning to continue destroying defenses and thier young receivers have almost seamlessly replaced Marvin Harrison and I really like their chances this year with Pittsburgh having some struggles to close out games, New England seriously faltering and the Baltimore Ravens having some legitimate questions of their own.

The Giants are almost always overlooked in the offseason as pundits predict their NFC East Rivals consistently getting better and questions about one thing or another causing them to falter, but year after year the running game keeps ticking, receivers find a way to step up and the defense keeps forcing sacks and turnovers. With the Cowboys looking weak, despite their recent victories, and the Redskins falling off the success track the Giants have a strong chance of marching into the playoffs with another division crown.

2009 just might be the year of the sack
Even though last year many players rose to some dizzying heights of sack numbers and it's not rare for defensive stars to shine early in the year as offensive lines are still finding their rhythm, but it's hard to remember so many players accumulating so many sacks so early.

Formerly unheralded players are making their way up the sack list, Antwan Odom, Elvis Dumervill, Jimmy Wilkerson and Lawrence Jackson all feature in the top 15 and all aren't exactly heralded pass rushers, the usual suspects are right there with them and it seems pass rushers from all along the lines and at all positions are finding their way to the quarterback at a rare rate. It'll be interesting to see if it continues.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course McDaniels deserves coach of the year over Ryan. Could anyone disagree? Ryan and his defense were terrible yesterday.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sneeze at the Denver win over Cincinnati. I hope we see them in January.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets were really overrated because of the win against New England. They didn't look good against the Titans (despite winning), looked awful against the Saints, and played horrible defense against the Dolphins.

Nothing against the Jets, they are better than I expected, it's just that McDaniels has to be the clear front-runner for this award. He's taken a much worse team and has them undefeated. I would've predicted the Broncos to be 1-4 or 2-3 at this point. Never would I have imagined them being 5-0.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The Jets were really overrated because of the win against New England. They didn't look good against the Titans (despite winning), looked awful against the Saints, and played horrible defense against the Dolphins.

Nothing against the Jets, they are better than I expected, it's just that McDaniels has to be the clear front-runner for this award. He's taken a much worse team and has them undefeated. I would've predicted the Broncos to be 1-4 or 2-3 at this point. Never would I have imagined them being 5-0.
Ryan's time management last night should automatically exclude him from the award. They did get lucky against the Titans because of the punt fumbles from the rookie. But against the Saints, you have to give credit to the defense. They played great, but Sanchez lost that game. Last night was the exact reverse. Very strange.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I said at one point that the Redskins will not be good until they know the value of money. No matter how much they pay a player, they will never win a game. Because when a team overpays a player, the player is just out there for the money and doesn't give a **** how the team does. I know it's all about business, but if Dan Snyder wants to win a superbowl, then it should also be about the love of the game. So yes, you are correct blindsite about the redskins.

I think that it would be really lame to have a Manning superbowl. Although it would be in everyone's thoughts for many, many years, I still think it would be pretty lame.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No love for Matt Cassel being the MVP of all winless teams. :)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Chad Henne, and I LOOOVE what the Dolphins are doing on offense (i may make a thread on it later), but we all need to put the Chad Henne kool aid down.

He's taken out of the game in crucial moments, he was checking down more than I wanted him to, and he has a lot of development left in presnap adjustments.

He's young and learning, but 1 good game is definitely not enough for everyone to praise him as an arrived qb just yet. Let's give this some more time.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why? do you think you'd be able to put together a vaguely competent offense if you played denver again?
Our offense is fine. Not every team is going to play like the Colts and Saints on offense.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like seeing Jimmy Wilkerson starting to come on I always really liked him when he was with the Chiefs he flashed at times as a back up.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why? do you think you'd be able to put together a vaguely competent offense if you played denver again?
You're making a reasonable inference but as it has been well documented one meeting...specially early in the year....dow not decide a 2nd meeting where the stakes are higher. The Broncos could show up and blow out the Bengals or the complete opposite can happen as well.

For all we know Cinci and Carson Palmer can catch fire going in and putting up more points next time around.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very confident about a rematch with Cincinatti. Brandon Marshall was jogging in week 1, he's at full force right now. Kyle Orton isn't wearing a glove. The whole offense is starting to get in sync. We're scoring more than 12 points this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The one big difference I would see is tape. Going into the first game Cincinnati did not have tape of the blitzes and rotations of the Denver defense. It was the first game of McDaniels as a head coach and while Mike Nolan was a defensive coordinator before because he has different personnel he could easily have a different game plan.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I know the Falcons had a bye week, but I feel as if we aren't getting enough credit for the 45-10 drubbing of the 49ers. The 49ers offense may be a joke, but the defense is for real, and has been since the end of last year. Here are some statistics before the game:

-8th in terms of YPC given up in 2008 (3.3 YPC) and currently rank 4th in the league by giving up 3.0 YPC. 0 rushing TDs given up (after playing Peterson and Steven Jackson)
-10th in passing yards allowed, has 5 interceptions (tied for 4th) and has only allowed 4 touchdowns (tied for 5th), giving up 5.9 yards per attempt (5th), a 56.8 completion percentage (6th), and holding QBs to a 69.3 QB rating (5th).

The Falcons traveled across the country and dropped 477 total yards on that defense. Turner averaged 4.4 yards per carry (above his season average and what SF allows) and had 3 rushing TDs. Ryan completed 69% of his passes with 10.2 yards per attempt (7.7 without the 90 yarder to White...still impressive).

Of course, it did seem as if the 49ers came unprepared and completely dropped the ball in this game, but this is the type of offense that Falcon fans had envisioned in the offseason. Teams can only contain 1 or 2 of the 3 Falcon stars (Turner, Gonzalez, White) properly and must pick their poison. The 49ers loaded up the box to stop Turner and did a good job on Gonzalez, but White broke free. When White couldn't get going in the first 2 weeks, Gonzalez picked up slack (around 150 yards and 2 TDs in 2 games). If the run game can perform like it did against the 49ers on a consistent basis, then defenses really have no hope.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 10-13-2009 at 11:32 PM.
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Damn. I know the Falcons had a bye week, but I feel as if we aren't getting enough credit for the 45-10 drubbing of the 49ers. The 49ers offense may be a joke, but the defense is for real, and has been since the end of last year. Here are some statistics before the game:

-8th in terms of YPC given up in 2008 (3.3 YPC) and currently rank 4th in the league by giving up 3.0 YPC. 0 rushing TDs given up (after playing Peterson and Steven Jackson)
-10th in passing yards allowed, has 5 interceptions (tied for 4th) and has only allowed 4 touchdowns (tied for 5th), giving up 5.9 yards per attempt (5th), a 56.8 completion percentage (6th), and holding QBs to a 69.3 QB rating (5th).

The Falcons traveled across the country and dropped 477 total yards on that defense. Turner averaged 4.4 yards per carry (above his season average and what SF allows) and had 3 rushing TDs. Ryan completed 69% of his passes with 10.2 yards per attempt (7.7 without the 90 yarder to White...still impressive).

Of course, it did seem as if the 49ers came unprepared and completely dropped the ball in this game, but this is the type of offense that Falcon fans had envisioned in the offseason. Teams can only contain 1 or 2 of the 3 Falcon stars (Turner, Gonzalez, White) properly and must pick their poison. The 49ers loaded up the box to stop Turner and did a good job on Gonzalez, but White broke free. When White couldn't get going in the first 2 weeks, Gonzalez picked up slack (around 150 yards and 2 TDs in 2 games). If the run game can perform like it did against the 49ers on a consistent basis, then defenses really have no hope.
Just a matter of space, I had notes on Roddy White and Matt Ryan's brilliant performance, I watched that game from start to finish. I've got notes from it, just didn't have space to slot it all in. This week is running over 1000 words as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like Chad Henne, and I LOOOVE what the Dolphins are doing on offense (i may make a thread on it later), but we all need to put the Chad Henne kool aid down.

He's taken out of the game in crucial moments, he was checking down more than I wanted him to, and he has a lot of development left in presnap adjustments.

He's young and learning, but 1 good game is definitely not enough for everyone to praise him as an arrived qb just yet. Let's give this some more time.
I'm not saying he's the next Dan Marino, and though the team went to the wildcat a lot on monday night, and yes he's still got places to go as far as pre-snap adjustments, what he's shown is a lot of accuracy, poise and efficiency as a passer.

I'm not saying he's an established passer, but I feel he has shown enough already for us to accept that he's on his way to becoming one of the more promising young QBs in the NFL and is playing well enough for us not to see a great drop off in performance from the offense.

Pennington might not have turned it over often, and his short area accuracy was a definite benefit, but his lack of arm strength and durability imo balances out the shortcomings of Henne being so young.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bucs can beat the Panthers this week.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we were talking about the denver game. 7 points in 60 minutes is all of 1 point better than the browns put up. new orleans and indy aren't even in the same universe, as far as offense goes.

mostly, i just think it's hilarious that everyone focuses on the one play, and not on the fact that that one play is irrelevant if the bengals could've done anything on offense for 55 minutes.
Oh so we're assuming the September '09 Bengals are the same as the January '10 Bengals?

Teams change over the course of a season. New coaching staffs have tape on their schemes, offenses and defenses get into a rhythm & injuries take their toll.

I'm going to assume you already knew that though, so I guess it was just an opportunity for you to take a soft jab at the Bengals for whatever reason.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:42 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think the Bucs can beat the Panthers this week.
I guess we'll see, but I can see two running backs having a party on sunday.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I guess we'll see, but I can see two running backs having a party on sunday.
Me too. Caddy and Wardy ;)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:55 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Our Dline was superb against the redskins. Especially Peppers, and the linebackers have been amazing so far this season.

This game will come down to game planning on Davidson's part. If he wants the ball in Delhomme's hands early and he throws picks and the defense has to spend a lot of time on the field. It'll be close. If he decides to load up and let Stewart and Williams get into gear, it'll be a great day to be a Panthers fan. As I mentioned if not for two turnovers against washington which literally handed them the ball inside the 20 yard line, it would've been a 3 point day for washington

Last edited by BlindSite : 10-14-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes, that's why the cleveland browns offense outscored the bengals offense two weeks ago. lack of tape.

sorry, the cincinnati offense is terrible. and it just gets worse when benson barely averages 3ypc like he did in week one. but i'm sure it was just the catch.
I am not saying that the offense is some offensive force. I am saying they will likely be more successful as would the Denver offense on the bengals. Every defense has weaknesses and teams can improve. It seems ignorant that a team like the Broncos who never got in the redzone in the same game can claim offensive ineptitude on the other team.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think NYG @ NO could be a preview of the NFCCG this Sunday. NYG, MIN & NO looking like the cream of the crop in the NFC right now. Should be interesting to see how that one plays out.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I think NYG @ NO could be a preview of the NFCCG this Sunday. NYG, MIN & NO looking like the cream of the crop in the NFC right now. Should be interesting to see how that one plays out.
The biggest test this week is for the NO defense. Much improved it's been this year, but between the Vikings, Giants, and Saints, the Saints defense is the one unit that can be questioned the most.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Maybe.. But way too early still. It's a good game to win, but the loser can say, seeya in december or jan. Both teams can change so much until the playoffs, so this game isn't a big deal in my opinion. Obviously you want to win the game and all, but because it's so early, I wouldn't go drawing conclusions based on it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The biggest test this week is for the NO defense. Much improved it's been this year, but between the Vikings, Giants, and Saints, the Saints defense is the one unit that can be questioned the most.
Definitely. This is a game we have to get good production from our front four - what they did against the Jets' offensive line was impressive, but we'll need a repeat performance if we're hoping to win. I think Gregg Williams attacks Eli early to disrupt him.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote