Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-10-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Trading Down

The way things are shaping up for this draft, now more so than ever, I think it would make a ton of sense for us to trade down. Value might be hard to come by at the spot we're picking, I don't see anyone truly worth that pick being there. So I guess the point is, who might we trade down with and what might we get? I'd like to recoup a 3rd.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading down should be considered but I am the type of person who is opposed to trading down prior to the draft and prior to their pick, cause you never know who may drop.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, but we could trade down to pick up a extra pick or so because we will probably find a o-lineman at our trading down pick that we could have gotten at our 1st but instead picked up so goodies.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Ghetto on this on, it makes no sense to trade down now when someone could fall like Aaron Rodgers did. Other then that yes I would like that on draft day, maybe acquire another 2nd or a 3rd or possibly a 2nd and 4th?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I gotta go with Ghetto on this on, it makes no sense to trade down now when someone could fall like Aaron Rodgers did. Other then that yes I would like that on draft day, maybe acquire another 2nd or a 3rd or possibly a 2nd and 4th?
That is definitely the appropriate way to go about it, I guess I didn't make that clear. Certainly, you don't actually do it until draft day.
Perhaps it was my saying, now more so than ever, but I meant since we just lost our 3rd.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think trading down could make some sense. Depends on the board. That said, the Ravens are still in win now mode, and without many top needs to address, they may not feel an urge to move down. On paper, I see as main target areas: OL, CB.

In the end, it'll depend on how the board shakes out, but without that many glaring areas of immediate attention, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go OL and CB in day 1 and call it a day.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think trading down could make some sense. Depends on the board. That said, the Ravens are still in win now mode, and without many top needs to address, they may not feel an urge to move down. On paper, I see as main target areas: OL, CB.

In the end, it'll depend on how the board shakes out, but without that many glaring areas of immediate attention, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go OL and CB in day 1 and call it a day.
Regardless of their being in win now mode, they wouldn't get anyone outside of OL that would start, and there is a cap purge coming, making it wise to compile picks. My thoughts on OL in the 1st are already clear. Unless Levi falls, it'll be a reach.
On the biggest need areas, I'd rate them; OL, ILB, DE/DT, CB in that order.

Last edited by Bohleive : 03-10-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Bohleive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See you speak of this cap purge upcoming but I feel as though you mean circa the 2001 purge and your wrong. Ozzie has stated numerous times on how the organization has learned from that instance and won't make that mistake again. Besides this so-called purge is in about 2 years time, which means Rolle's contract will have been dealt with, JO will probably gone and not much of a hit, Ray's contract will be dealt with if he hasn't retired and Mason's tenure may be done as well. The Ravens are great at mastering the cap and will continue to do so. This impending purge you speak of will be nothing to lose sleep over.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
See you speak of this cap purge upcoming but I feel as though you mean circa the 2001 purge and your wrong. Ozzie has stated numerous times on how the organization has learned from that instance and won't make that mistake again. Besides this so-called purge is in about 2 years time, which means Rolle's contract will have been dealt with, JO will probably gone and not much of a hit, Ray's contract will be dealt with if he hasn't retired and Mason's tenure may be done as well. The Ravens are great at mastering the cap and will continue to do so. This impending purge you speak of will be nothing to lose sleep over.
I completely agree.

In oz we trust.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:
Where did I compare it to '01?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive View Post
Where did I compare it to '01?
I didn't say that you did. Please re-read the first statement of my previous post and then respond.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-10-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't say that you did. Please re-read the first statement of my previous post and then respond.
Alright
Quote:
you speak of this cap purge upcoming but I feel as though you mean circa the 2001 purge and your wrong.
I said, 'and there is a cap purge coming'. I didn't say large, or catastrophic. How do you get 'circa the 2001 purge'? I just don't see the inference. Simply because I used the phrase cap purge? I meant that several older players with large contracts, such as JO, Rolle, Mason, Pryce and even Ray Lewis likely will be gone. I consider that a 'cap purge'. I don't see how I'm wrong, from what I said.
Quote:
Ozzie has stated numerous times on how the organization has learned from that instance and won't make that mistake again. Besides this so-called purge is in about 2 years time, which means Rolle's contract will have been dealt with, JO will probably gone and not much of a hit, Ray's contract will be dealt with if he hasn't retired and Mason's tenure may be done as well.
That's exactly why I call it a 'purge', a lot of vets will no longer be on the roster in two years and by all documentation I've read it is after this season, not in two years.
Quote:
This impending purge you speak of will be nothing to lose sleep over.
Again, I never implied that it should be at all distressing and I agree with you, I'm not too worried.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Ok lets stay friendly here !! But the facts are this.. if we trade down in the draft on draft day we should be thinking like this and I posted this in a different post. Look to not pick up picks for this years draft stockpile picks for next year. Like maybe we can swap picks and pick up a 2nd next year or a 1st in 09... or just trade out of the 1st rd completely to pick up their 2nd this year and 1st next year and give a team like say San Fran that has a earlier pick in the 2nd rd and has a mid level pick next year if they feel they can get value for a player that can help them in the first it would be worth it. Ozzie won't let us go through a purge again he knows what kind of devastation it can do to the organization. That will never happen again at least under Ozzie and Brian's tenure.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Ok lets stay friendly here !! But the facts are this.. if we trade down in the draft on draft day we should be thinking like this and I posted this in a different post. Look to not pick up picks for this years draft stockpile picks for next year. Like maybe we can swap picks and pick up a 2nd next year or a 1st in 09... or just trade out of the 1st rd completely to pick up their 2nd this year and 1st next year and give a team like say San Fran that has a earlier pick in the 2nd rd and has a mid level pick next year if they feel they can get value for a player that can help them in the first it would be worth it. Ozzie won't let us go through a purge again he knows what kind of devastation it can do to the organization. That will never happen again at least under Ozzie and Brian's tenure.
I agree. Some of our players are getting old, so we should stock up to replace them. (Sorry, Ray. I love you, but everyone has to)