Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Merriman in Dallas being "dissed" by SD and told "rehab and play next year" becomes a monster in 2010.

Problem is .... we don't have cash to sign 22 Pro-Bowlers which is how most Cowboy fans think Jerrah should manage.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I think Merriman in Dallas being "dissed" by SD and told "rehab and play next year" becomes a monster in 2010.

Problem is .... we don't have cash to sign 22 Pro-Bowlers which is how most Cowboy fans think Jerrah should manage.
It works in Madden!!!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
It works in Madden!!!
Yeah we are getting Merriman, Wolfork, Lee Evans plus the draft.

NY Yankees of football.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have so much dead weight in cap it's ridiculous... Flozell, Hamlin, Newman, Bradie... but that's besides the point. Jerry is masterful with the cap. Always has been. Never thought we were trading for Roy Williams last year... he made it happen. So as Madden as it sounds, it's more a fact of Jerry not wanting to make it happen than it not being possible.

Then we have the whole uncapped year thingamagig...

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-17-2009 at 02:29 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We have so much dead weight in cap it's ridiculous
OK

Quote:
Jerry is masterful with the cap. Always has been.
But, I thought we had so much dead weight?

Quote:
... Flozell, Hamlin, Newman, Bradie... but that's besides the point.
Yeah those were bad signings.

Quote:
Never thought we were trading for Roy Williams last year... he made it happen.
But, that was a horrible trade and sign too. It was god awful the worst since Joey Galloway and Roy SS Williams.

He made it happen alright.

Quote:
So as Madden as it sounds, it's more a fact of Jerry not wanting to make it happen than it not being possible. Then we have the whole uncapped year thingamagig...
There is no doubt the Jerrah is a delusional egoist and would create all sorts of horrible trade ans sign scenarios if FELT LIKE IT.

Roy was the classic Jerrah way over reaction spending 10X what was needed while not really addressing the basic problem. There is like a disgruntled WR every year that can be had for a second rounder and some change -- easily Boldin last and Edwards this year.

Now I know most fans would never have thought it a good idea but if he had simply cut TO and had an eye for talent ...... we could have had Austin starting last year with Crayton and we could have had a 1 and 3 this past draft.

1 and 3 plus all those OTHER picks could have been Unger and Maualuga in the second or even Loadhoalt.

Imagine -- Loadholt, Unger and Maualuga. Would have been possible with the picks we had that we pissed away drafting STers in the 4th round..

Jones is really only marginally brighter than Al Davis. Breathless really in the magnitude of his incompetence and even moreso the fans who stick up for him.

As I have said, if you worked for a boss like Jerrah Jones you would go home every night screaming at his arrogance and crying over his stupidity.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 10-17-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have so much dead weight in cap it's ridiculous... Flozell, Hamlin, Newman, Bradie... but that's besides the point. Jerry is masterful with the cap. Always has been. Never thought we were trading for Roy Williams last year... he made it happen. So as Madden as it sounds, it's more a fact of Jerry not wanting to make it happen than it not being possible.

Everyone you mentioned there should take a pay cut to bring in the BPA in a trade. They should all take a pay cut just b/c....... rosterwide restructuring is no big deal, the Raiders used do it wkly.

Isn't the big p/o the cap this yr tied up in the new Ware contract where they're trying to lock him for the whole career?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK

But, I thought we had so much dead weight?

Yeah those were bad signings.

But, that was a horrible trade and sign too. It was god awful the worst since Joey Galloway and Roy SS Williams.

He made it happen alright.

There is no doubt the Jerrah is a delusional egoist and would create all sorts of horrible trade ans sign scenarios if FELT LIKE IT.

Roy was the classic Jerrah way over reaction spending 10X what was needed while not really addressing the basic problem. There is like a disgruntled WR every year that can be had for a second rounder and some change -- easily Boldin last and Edwards this year.

Now I know most fans would never have thought it a good idea but if he had simply cut TO and had an eye for talent ...... we could have had Austin starting last year with Crayton and we could have had a 1 and 3 this past draft.

1 and 3 plus all those OTHER picks could have been Unger and Maualuga in the second or even Loadhoalt.

Imagine -- Loadholt, Unger and Maualuga. Would have been possible with the picks we had that we pissed away drafting STers in the 4th round..

Jones is really only marginally brighter than Al Davis. Breathless really in the magnitude of his incompetence and even moreso the fans who stick up for him.

As I have said, if you worked for a boss like Jerrah Jones you would go home every night screaming at his arrogance and crying over his stupidity.
Saying he is masterful with the cap, doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes bringing/keeping those guys. I'm talking about the management of the cap. Outside of Bradie (who played unbelievably well in his contract year), I wanted to resign those guys. I was happy with bringing back Hamlin, Newman, and yes, even Flozell. We all know Flo won't live out that contract. The fact that those guys aren't playing up to their contract is not something I blame Jerry on. I can see how you equate the two, but it's a stretch.

I'm ok with blasting Jerry for the Roy Williams trade. I'm not gonna say it's as bad as Galloway though. I thought there was upside/downside to the trade, but I decided to stick up for the trade when we made it. I thought it was pretty awesome at the time. Roy hasn't been all that yet, but he hasn't been targeted that much as well. I think he needs to be given a better chance. It's gonna take more than 5 games into the season before we can really judge the trade. But right now, bashers have the upper hand.

I think you're just overracting about Jerry again.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I think you're just overracting about Jerry again.
That is just me over-reacting (acting too!) for 4 years to bad player personnel decisions which multiply like Rabbitts on via-gra.

Just on dumb idea on top of the other.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:

James is going to cost around 4 to 4.5 against the cap. How is he dead weight?

Furthermore we have about 11.6 mil in cap space right now. Keeping in mind we have a loads dead space from cutting owens, Roy L. Williams, Henry, and Greg ellis, which will be freed up after this season. You can also save money by cutting Hamlin after this season.

Although resigning Ware is probably going to result in adding 9 mill to the cap, and resigning Sensebaugh is going to probably add 4 mil to the cap. So I'd expect we will have around 10-15 million in cap space to work with. So basically there is enough room to target a big name free agent.

Although there is always a chance that there would be an uncapped offseason.

Last edited by quincyyyyy : 10-19-2009 at 10:10 PM.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
James is going to cost around 4 to 4.5 against the cap. How is he dead weight?

Furthermore we have about 11.6 mil in cap space right now. Keeping in mind we have a loads dead space from cutting owens, Roy L. Williams, Henry, and Greg ellis, which will be freed up after this season. You can also save money by cutting Hamlin after this season.

Although resigning Ware is probably going to result in adding 9 mill to the cap, and resigning Sensebaugh is going to probably add 4 mil to the cap. So I'd expect we will have around 10-15 million in cap space to work with. So basically there is enough room to target a big name free agent.

Although there is always a chance that there would be an uncapped offseason.
Excuse the term. I'm pretty much talking about guys who are no longer playing up to their big contracts. Guys wasting our cap being spent on them.

I hope T-New turns things around, but I dunno, I think sooner rather than later that his age will catch up with him.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Any thoughts on Alex Barron??
Old 10-20-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Resigning either of our two safeties is silly beyond $1-2MM per.

They both are non-play makers
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not quiet ready to give up on Sensy. I certainly wouldn't give another big contract, but he may be a guy to keep around at a reasonable price.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Any thoughts on Alex Barron??
Hasn't lived up to expectations. Is a finesse tackle who doesn't fit Hudson Houck's style of play.

Would probably do well in a ZBS.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barron's a scrub. There's a reason St. Louis wants to get rid of him. He gets abused weekly on the left side. I don't know why the hell he's there anyway, he started his career playing RT, with Jason Smith i would have imagined that they would have brought him back over.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm not quiet ready to give up on Sensy. I certainly wouldn't give another big contract, but he may be a guy to keep around at a reasonable price.
I can get with that. I don't think he's played too bad, but I do want to see more from him. He's supposed to have good speed and quickness, but so far we haven't seen it. If he was cheap, he would be a good vet to keep the safety core from being too young. I do want to see what Hamlin has. I really liked him in college, and I'm curious to see if he can handle the NFL game.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Both our safeties need to return the salary to Mr Jones.

S, ILB and NT ...
Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to do whatever it takes to get Eric Berry. Trade Hamlin away get some picks and move up. Keep Sensy, I really think he will be something good here. I think we should've done the Bennett trade to be honest. He's already taking his shots at Romo and still seems to be that guy from Hard Knocks not knowing where to be at on the field. I like his talent but he seems to be heading in a negative direction. Maybe he hung out with TO a little too long?

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
We need to do whatever it takes to get Eric Berry. Trade Hamlin away get some picks and move up. Keep Sensy, I really think he will be something good here. I think we should've done the Bennett trade to be honest. He's already taking his shots at Romo and still seems to be that guy from Hard Knocks not knowing where to be at on the field. I like his talent but he seems to be heading in a negative direction. Maybe he hung out with TO a little too long?
For your own health and safety.... Give up the dream.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Both our safeties need to return the salary to Mr Jones.

S, ILB and NT ...
I liked the idea prior to drafting Jenkins and I like it now....

Move Mike Jenkins to Safety.

Let Scandrick start at Corner opposite of Newman.

Both will take their lumps, but it would benefit the team in the long run.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I liked the idea prior to drafting Jenkins and I like it now....

Move Mike Jenkins to Safety.

Let Scandrick start at Corner opposite of Newman.

Both will take their lumps, but it would benefit the team in the long run.
This ain't Madden, brah.

Mike Jenkins isn't physical enough to play the safety spot. Scandrick got beat like a dirty rug when he started this year. Who would play the nickel (or the second CB position if Newman were to play inside)? We'd be short handed at the CB position and we'd have a guy playing a position he hasn't played in over two years.

Tell me again why it's a good idea?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Consider your bridge burnt.
Quote:
I have no problems at all with people disagreeing. It was the tone and sassy mouth.
So because i say "brah" in jest, you get this upset? I've seen you berate others, myself included, A LOT worse than a simple comment like that, but i guess. Besides, that second post fully explained my opinion on moving Jenkins, so i don't understand what the problem is.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm just gonna leave it at that and get back to my Madden game.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This ain't Madden, brah.

Mike Jenkins isn't physical enough to play the safety spot. Scandrick got beat like a dirty rug when he started this year. Who would play the nickel (or the second CB position if Newman were to play inside)? We'd be short handed at the CB position and we'd have a guy playing a position he hasn't played in over two years.

Tell me again why it's a good idea?
2 words for you .... Earl Thomas!!!

Ed Reed brain in Sean Taylor's body with Deion Sanders speed. The next greatest-ever LONGHORN DB, sure fire College and Pro HOFer!!!!!!!!

OT: Seeing Scandrick this year has disabused me of his readiness to play CB as a starter. His tackling is by far worse than Jenkins or Newman and he get toasted on double moves.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The trade that wasn't

The Bengals put forth a "significant offer" for Cowboys backup TE Martellus Bennett on the trade deadline Tuesday. Jerry thumbs-downed the move. This is the ESPN AFC North writer's report, good to see the acquiring team's take on it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...to-make-a-move

With their 2 starting TEs out it was the best move the Bengals could make. They're uncharacteristic winners this yr & apparently Cincy wants to stay that way in their division usually dominated by Pittsburgh & B-More. IDK what the Bengals offer was, anybody?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote