Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I said on draft day the Chargers should have taken Clay Matthews and it looks more obvious today.
lol, I love Clay but he's not the answer to this problem. They really obviously needed to reinforce the lines. I like English quite a bit actually but this is fundamental team building.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
lol, I love Clay but he's not the answer to this problem. They really obviously needed to reinforce the lines. I like English quite a bit actually but this is fundamental team building.
I was comparing Matthews to English, of which there is no comparison as far as i'm concerned.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was comparing Matthews to English, of which there is no comparison as far as i'm concerned.
Clay does have a much better DL to work with. However if jamal stays healthy next year and the chargers re-inforce their DL then we'll see if Clay would really be a better fit than english, who I do think has higher upside as a pass rusher.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah between the two I wouldn't throw English back. He is our sack leader after all, despite not starting :eyeroll:
Old 10-20-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Yah between the two I wouldn't throw English back. He is our sack leader after all, despite not starting :eyeroll:
I didnt see he had two sacks, so disregard everything i said. (most people do). 2 sacks leads the team? sorry about that.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didnt see he had two sacks, so disregard everything i said. (most people do). 2 sacks leads the team? sorry about that.
another sign that maybe that DL is atrocious right now.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
another sign that maybe that DL is atrocious right now.
Yah mebbe a little. Shawne and Shaun combining for 0 is pretty astonishing.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Phillips not having any sacks is surprising. The Bolts are also allowing a perplexing 50.77 conversion percentage on third down. They could be more aggressive in that area.
BTW, what ever happened to Gartrell Johnson? That was one of my favorite picks in the 4th round. Sproles running between the tackles in the red zone will not do it.
MidwayMonster31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Shaun Phillips not having any sacks is surprising. The Bolts are also allowing a perplexing 50.77 conversion percentage on third down. They could be more aggressive in that area.
BTW, what ever happened to Gartrell Johnson? That was one of my favorite picks in the 4th round. Sproles running between the tackles in the red zone will not do it.
Gartell Johnson is now with the giants, we signed him when Ware went down to be our third back.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Childress/Viks working on contract extention

Wow. I know the Viks fans here will not be happy with this. Fire away boys.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I guess the vikings don't feel like being a good late game team.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I guess the vikings don't feel like being a good late game team.
I'm not a Childress ball washer by any means, but he has consistently improved this team since the day he got there. He has brought in quality players and improved the win loss record every year. He has also won 13 of the last 16 games. I still think he's a douche but he's earned an extension by doing his job.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Childress being extended is no shock at all, the Vikes look great and have been building to great for a while now. They probably need to invest a premium pick in DT and QB (Pat and Brett) pretty soon, but overall they look very nicely set up for a while.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word is Crabtree may start for the 49ers on Sunday. People were calling him a bust before he even walked on the field and some others said he'd be the third best WR in next years draft. That's BS. Crabtree can flatout ball. He has it all I still believe he's going to be a big time player in the NFL.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Word is Crabtree may start for the 49ers on Sunday. People were calling him a bust before he even walked on the field and some others said he'd be the third best WR in next years draft. That's BS. Crabtree can flatout ball. He has it all I still believe he's going to be a big time player in the NFL.
Its hard to say I would not be shocked either way there have been so many stud college WR's do nothing in the NFL not saying he will fail just saying.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can't think of a better time for this to come up than after one of the worst 4th quarter coaching performances of all time.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only bright spots I could take out of that SD game is that we actually held a team to less than 100 yards rushing. I'm hoping we can build on that somehow. Likewise, our running game seemed to have gotten slightly better, though not that much.

The other thing that I can maybe take comfort in (maybe) is that one of our strength, which is special teams, was one of the key things that let us down
that game. It's something that's fixable.

Now for the bigger issues that aren't so easily fixable. The main problem being that we're blitzing, but still can't get any pressure. Either we're not disguising the blitz very well (which may very well be the case), or our players aren't very good at blitzing (which also may be the case).

On the opposite spectrum, we're having problems dealing with pressure, specifically the blitz pick. Of course, some of it may be Rivers holding on to the ball too long, or the type of play calling that leads to pass plays that are too long to develop. I think we may require a more WC type offense with quicker throws and shorter passes to beat the pass rush now.

Edit: I was wrong, we didn't held them to less than 100 yards. It was just over that with 101 yards. Somehow good by our terms with the way teams have been rushing on us.

Last edited by Xenos : 10-20-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** BRAD CHILDRESS. **** HIS BEARD. **** HIS SMUG ASS. I really wish Troy Williamson fought him on the 50 yard line like he wanted to, Williamson would've dropped him like every pass that has ever been thrown to him in his entire life.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote