Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I have always liked Jay Cutler: sure he makes a lot of stupid decisions, at the end of the day though he makes a lot more plays that can win games. He is who he is, he would be Ben Roethlisberger if he was in the same situation.
Yeah, he isn't perfect by any means, but as a Broncos fan I ALWAYS had faith that if the defense could at least keep it close, Jay would give us a chance to win the game at the end. And he almost always did. He did it last night too, but Pace ****** up. Based on how Pace just fell forward, it looked like a sneak, which, right after a spike would get them 3 shots at the endzone.

I still think Bears make the playoffs. Looking at it, I see:

Saints
Giants
Vikings
Cardinals
Falcons
Bears

I think the only other teams with shots at making it are Philly, Dallas and SF, but if SF makes it, they're knocking AZ out and not Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
DeCrunkMAn
Rookie

DeCrunkMAn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This just in:

The NFL has decided that no team shall go winless in 2009, so the Titans, Bucs and Rams have changed their schedules to play th Washington Redskins.

That is all.
Originally Posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.
DeCrunkMAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the wild-card race already looks exciting. The AFC spot is wide open and I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Houston, Miami or San Diego gets hot and makes it in over Cincinnati and Baltimore, who have tough schedules and might lose the battle of attrition.

As for the NFC here I agree with SABF. (acronym lol)

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I like Cutler more than I do Rodgers, I still have more trust in that packers team than the bears. I've got the eagles and falcons as my two playoff teams from the NFC, but if one of those two slips I think it'll be the packers, then the cowboys, then bears and then the 9ers, who step up into that spot.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
While I like Cutler more than I do Rodgers, I still have more trust in that packers team than the bears. I've got the eagles and falcons as my two playoff teams from the NFC, but if one of those two slips I think it'll be the packers, then the cowboys, then bears and then the 9ers, who step up into that spot.
IMO the problem with the pack is their offensive line is ABYSMAL. I can't see them winning big games down the stretch with such a terrible terrible offensive line. It's the worst OL I've ever seen on a playoff contender.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But is the Bears' line much better?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Are you serious? After a game in week 6 you think you know the Super Bowl game? How'd that Giants/Titans Super Bowl go last year?
Wasn't a bad guess. I'm sure your guess wasn't any better Jugs.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well even though our line is really horrible, i think we still have the 2nd best line, only by default

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But is the Bears' line much better?
It's a little better, but with Cutler's elusiveness, it's much more effective.

A look at big performers against GB:

Julian Peterson 2.5 sacks.
Adewale Ogunleye 2.0 sacks.
Antwan Odom 5.0(!) sacks.
Jared Allen 4.5(!) sacks.
Leonard Little 2.0 sacks.

Someone has racked up at least 2 sacks in every single Packers game this season.

For the Bears
Cullen Jenkins and Brandon Chillar both had 1 sack week 1.
Week 2 2 other players had 1 sack each. Neither of them were Harrison or Woodley.
Week 3, yet again 2 players with 1 sack each.
Week 4, yet again 2 players with 1 sack each.
Week 6, 3 players in on the sack party, 1 player had 1 sack, 2 had 0.5.

So the Bears have allowed 2 sacks per game, total. Packers have yielded at least 2 sacks by one player in every single game. Allowing those kinds of sacks just kills offenses, and I don't think they can keep beating teams with that happening. Jay had the worst game of his career week 1 and the Bears still almost pulled it out. The Packers other 2 wins? Rams and Lions.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things: I loved Decoud in the draft, glad to hear he's playing well.

and to answer your question, how many saw Raymell baby being THIS good?
the answer: Me. and giantsfan1080. and BBD <3 and me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 10-19-2009 at 03:37 PM.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
2 things: I loved Decoud in the draft, glad to hear he's playing well.

and to answer your question, how many saw Raymell baby being THIS good?
the answer: Me. and giantsfan1080. and me.
Don't forget you.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Don't forget you.
dammit, I knew i was forgetting someone. good catch
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could you forget me Scotty?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't get it. so you hit on 4 picks out of 10, with 2 in the first, 3rd and 5th? yippee?
How you REALLY build a team:

Draft bookend offensive tackles in the first and second, draft franchise NT and CBs in the third, and bring in an all-around offensive weapon in the 5th.

Oh, and also draft a potential future pro-bowl calibur TE in the 6th. He's not there yet, but he's shown good signs.

The Jaguars offense is a franchise QB and some young talent in the interior O-line away from being elite. Weird to say that, but true.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
dammit, I knew i was forgetting someone. good catch
Here to help, it's the least I can do after how wet Mr. Rice made me yesterday. Nice highstep.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
How you REALLY build a team:

Draft bookend offensive tackles in the first and second, draft franchise NT and CBs in the third, and bring in an all-around offensive weapon in the 5th.

Oh, and also draft a potential future pro-bowl calibur TE in the 6th. He's not there yet, but he's shown good signs.

The Jaguars offense is a franchise QB and some young talent in the interior O-line away from being elite. Weird to say that, but true.
the real masterplan:

1. Trade two first round picks for a young pro bowl QB
2. ?????
3. Profit

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I always liked Rice, just didn't think he would this good. Right now I would only take Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson over him at the RB position.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How could you forget me Scotty?
i haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about
Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I always liked Rice, just didn't think he would this good. Right now I would only take Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson over him at the RB position.
Quite a statement Shiv but I suppose if you factor in age you can definitely make that argument right now.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about

;)
Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
oooooooo, i don't know. i love me some ray rice, and he's the complete package, but let's not forget he's running behind the best oline in football right now.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Quite a statement Shiv but I suppose if you factor in age you can definitely make that argument right now.
Yeah because if I could I would take Steven Jackson; unfortunately he is wasting away in St Louis watching his best years pass him by.

Maurice Jones-Drew is another contender, but can he hold up with all the touches he is getting now? I liked him a lot better in tandem with Fred Taylor.

Ronnie Brown is playing amazing only for a contract. After this year I don't see him making much of an impact.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore when healthy is amazing as well.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
oooooooo, i don't know. i love me some ray rice, and he's the complete package, but let's not forget he's running behind the best oline in football right now.
I wouldn't say there the best, they are definitely one of the best, but I would say Denver's is probably #1, but when we get Jared Gaither back, look out.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Frank Gore when healthy is amazing as well.
Too many health issues to take over some of these guys, though I definitely agree. MoJo is the only real argument I can come up with here since I'm not the biggest Jackson worshipper.