Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I've heard the Cowher link a bunch of times, and the big cat would likely bust a nut to keep him. I'd like to keep Hurney around though.
Cowher to Carolina makes too much sense. And, for the sake of the franchise, it'd likely be a great idea.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
2008:

Ryan Clady
Eddie Royal

2006:

Jay Cutler
Tony Scheffler
Brandon Marshall
Elvis Dumervil

He had his moments.
Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder (:(), Darrent Williams, Karl Paymah, Dominque Foxworth, Maurice Clarett??

Or trading for the Browns defensive line?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder (:(), Darrent Williams, Karl Paymah, Dominque Foxworth, Maurice Clarett??

Or trading for the Browns defensive line?
Was playing well until he was shot...I don't think that counts as a failure.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot where I read it, but whereever Shanny gets hired, he's going to hire Bob Slowik as his defensive coordinator.

Slowik was the defensive coordinator of the 2008 Denver Broncos (also 2007 but Jim Bates was running the defense).

LOL

Last edited by Geo : 10-20-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I forgot where I read it, but whereever Shanny gets hired, he's going to hire Bob Slowik as his defensive coordinator.
I can't believe that. It is painfully clear that Slowik has no ******* idea how to run a defense... which is a scary combination with Shanahan, who isn't exactly proficient at drafting defensive talent. As McD said back in September:

Quote:
“The 4-3 really wasn’t here,” McDaniels said in his Monday press conference. “The way that they had played, the style and the guys, we just felt like it wasn’t like we had a solid 4-3 defensive scheme in terms of our personnel to fit that scheme. In other words, why take a year and (transition gradually) when it really wasn’t in place to begin with?”
http://broncotalk.net/2009/09/9500/b...iels-what-4-3/
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I dont think Shanahan will go to either the redskins or the cowboys. Shanahan likes to be in charge or the whole team including the personnel. Do you think synder or Jones would give up that right? Fat chance. These are the two owners who are the most involved with the teams. Its not Shanahan's style.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
I dont think Shanahan will go to either the redskins or the cowboys. Shanahan likes to be in charge or the whole team including the personnel. Do you think synder or Jones would give up that right? Fat chance. These are the two owners who are the most involved with the teams. Its not Shanahan's style.
You forgot Al Davis.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Was playing well until he was shot...I don't think that counts as a failure.
Yeah. Darrent was a little exposed in his last year, but he was at least on his way to being a solid cornerback in this league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
You forgot Al Davis.
Been there, done that, fired that... (see 1988-1989)

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Yup.. I don't see an established coach like Shanny taking a job with a franchise like the redskins. At that stage in his life I highly doubt he wants to get told what to do by Vinny and Danny boy.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's funny how many people still want to think shanahan is the guy from 98/99 when, over the last decade, he got substantially worse at picking up talent (we're not just talking about one draft, look at the worthless free agency additions [dre bly? marlon mccree? i could go on]), and he turned into a TERRIBLE gameday coach (if the scripted 15 plays didn't go well, the offense died. immediately). and that's not even getting into the fact that he couldn't coach his way out of a brown paper bag if you put the bag in the red zone.

could he get back to what made him successful with a fresh start? sure. absolutely. but it entertains me when he keeps getting brought up as if he's going to step in and save a bad franchise.
I think that it was just being in Denver so long that, for some reason, made him forget how to coach(prolonged periods with a lack of oxygen?). So I'm thinking he returns to at least a good coach wherever he goes next. But then I heard he wants to bring Slowik... yeah, he's lost it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Yup.. I don't see an established coach like Shanny taking a job with a franchise like the redskins. At that stage in his life I highly doubt he wants to get told what to do by Vinny and Danny boy.
If we actually hire a good coach he wont be told what to do
Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame him he doesn't want to battle with Snyder over personal

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would any respected established coach want to come coach for the Redskins when they could have their pick of the litter basically?

If I was Shanahan/Cowher/Holmgren I would definetly say no to Snyder. The only way is if Snyder gives up personnel decisions/GM power to them...but I don't see him doing that.

Gruden may be crazy enough to do it though.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I don't blame him he doesn't want to battle with Snyder over personal
What about battling with Jerry Jones over personnel?

Early Prediction Time!

Bill Cowher - Carolina Panthers - Wants to coach near home.
Bill Billick - Tennessee Titans - Knows how to handle a player like Vince Young.
John Gruden - Jacksonville Jaguars - Chic pick.
Mike Shanahan - San Diego Chargers - Payback time for Denver... and Al Davis for that matter.
Mike Holmgren - Washington Redskins - They have all Holmgren guys already there.
Jeff Fischer - Dallas Cowboys - Bling bling hire, and won't bug Jerry for control.
Jack Del Rio - Oakland Raiders - Has the character to withstand Al and goes back to his hometown state.

John Fox - Will take a break as a MNF Game Announcer. :p
Tom Cable - DC somewhere
Wade Phillips - DC somewhere
Norv Turner - OC somewhere
Jim Zorn - QB coach somewhere
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shanahan to the Cowboys in 2010. Mark it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Not going to happen. Jerry Jones isnt going to hand over GM duties and that is what he'll want. Enjoy Jason Garrett, Dallas fans.

Cowher might as well be a lock for Carolina, if they fire Fox.
Can't blame Shanahan for doing that, Dan Snyder knows even less about the modern NFL game than Al Davis, & Shanahan used to work for him & left at midseason in a major contract dispute, remember? See nobody in particular's post above

All other available NFL HCs will take a spot in line behind Jeff Fisher if the Titans continue to tank & Bud Adams cans him. Jerry Jones will be johnny on the spot with the 1st offer for Fisher. Jason Garrett's abominable playcalling in pressure situations (i.e, red zone offense) this season have shown those who saw it that he isn't ready to handle a high pressure HC job in Dallas under Jerry's watchful eye yet.

Cowher should stay retired, he went out on top, his reputation could only go downhill from there if he takes a loser NFL team's top spot, so he has the clout to wait on a GM + HC offer from a team that has a chance in hell of winning. I don' t think he has any interest in turning a Rams or Tampa around.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-20-2009 at 02:38 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What about battling with Jerry Jones over personnel?

Early Prediction Time!

Bill Cowher - Carolina Panthers - Wants to coach near home.
Bill Billick - Tennessee Titans - Knows how to handle a player like Vince Young.
John Gruden - Jacksonville Jaguars - Chic pick.
Mike Shanahan - San Diego Chargers - Payback time for Denver... and Al Davis for that matter.
Mike Holmgren - Washington Redskins - They have all Holmgren guys already there.
Jeff Fischer - Dallas Cowboys - Bling bling hire, and won't bug Jerry for control.
Jack Del Rio - Oakland Raiders - Has the character to withstand Al and goes back to his hometown state.

John Fox - Will take a break as a MNF Game Announcer. :p
Tom Cable - DC somewhere
Wade Phillips - DC somewhere
Norv Turner - OC somewhere
Jim Zorn - QB coach somewhere
No rookie head coach? I don't see that happening.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Quote:
Washington Redskins coach Jim Zorn made it pretty clear this week that he was uncomfortable giving up his offensive play-calling duties. Because of that, Zorn nearly relinquished all of his duties, former Seattle Seahawks teammate Steve Largent said Wednesday.
Hall of Fame receiver Steve Largent told KJR AM's Mitch in the Morning Show in Seattle that his close friend considered quitting his job instead of handing play-calling responsibilities to recently hired consultant Sherman Lewis.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote