Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess this makes sense, but they might have wanted to wait until after his next win to announce it. Cutler is launching up interceptions like it's nobody's business. He's on pace for what, 22? I'm notoriously low on Cutler, though. I think he's too careless and inconsistent.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I guess this makes sense, but they might have wanted to wait until after his next win to announce it. Cutler is launching up interceptions like it's nobody's business. He's on pace for what, 22? I'm notoriously low on Cutler, though. I think he's too careless and inconsistent.
What would waiting until next week have mattered? Do you think there are Chicago fans upset with this move?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Not trolling, its my honest opinion of Cutler from watching him play. He has the physical talent, but his decision making is lacking. He doesn't have the mindset needed to be a great QB, he will always be a good QB who makes too many mistakes. Those mistakes won't kill him against average teams, but in the playoffs against good/great teams, he won't be consistent enough to win it all.

Thats my honest opinion of Cutler....take it or leave it, but not trolling.

didn't always hurt this guy...

i also like how you're convinced hes the 'good QB who makes too many mistakes'.

Mistake making QB's rarely are good. The ones that are good, are the guy above. Not David Carr, not Aaron Brooks, not Rex Grossman, nor Matt Leinart or Jake The Snake... You're falling to the concept of 'public perception', imo. consistancy to win it all from the QB position isn't always the strongest indication to success at winning in the playoffs...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh, leave Brent out of this. Had enough of that chump lately.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

didn't always hurt this guy...

i also like how you're convinced hes the 'good QB who makes too many mistakes'.

Mistake making QB's rarely are good. The ones that are good, are the guy above. Not David Carr, not Aaron Brooks, not Rex Grossman, nor Matt Leinart or Jake The Snake... You're falling to the concept of 'public perception', imo. consistancy to win it all from the QB position isn't always the strongest indication to success at winning in the playoffs...
Sure you can say he is a watered-down version of Favre...and a full-strength version of Farve won one lombardi in a looooooooooong career. He's no Favre but prone to similar mistakes, which to me means unless he has a serious change in his play in the coming years, he will not win a championship.

Hey listen, its nice to have a guy with that kind of talent who can win you some games. But at the same time, if he never wins you a championship was he worth it? You can't really let him go cause the bears have been QB starved for so long they'll hold onto him forever. And they'll make the playoffs with him a good amount of times perhaps. But I don't think he is a championship QB.

Could he get hot in the playoffs one year and win it all? Its possible, but I think unlikely.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is he no Favre?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But at the same time, if he never wins you a championship was he worth it?
Yes, a thousand times yes. If Cutler has a great career and never wins the Superbowl, I still won't want those 1st round picks back. A lot of great Quaterbacks don't win Superbowls, so even granting that your flimsly argument has merit, I would still want him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
why is he no Favre?
Does someone honestly need to explain this to you? Jay Cutler is nothing compared to Brent in entering his prime, most quarterbacks aren't.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Does someone honestly need to explain this to you? Jay Cutler is nothing compared to Brent in entering his prime, most quarterbacks aren't.
Brent's a cool guy, but I don't think I'd take him over Cutler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Brent's a cool guy, but I don't think I'd take him over Cutler.
In their prime? Child please.

they get smoked.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In their prime? Child please.
Wait my bad, I thought you just made a typo. Then I saw you called him Brent in a previous post. So forget I said it lol. I was thinking it was a typo, and was talking about Brent the poster.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Wait my bad, I thought you just made a typo. Then I saw you called him Brent in a previous post. So forget I said it lol. I was thinking it was a typo, and was talking about Brent the poster.
I'd probably take Brent the poster too. ;)

But Brent comes from this group of T-shirts. I forget not everyone is familiar with the Packers.

they get smoked.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:10 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im not saying production wise, but playing style wise.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure you can say he is a watered-down version of Favre...and a full-strength version of Farve won one lombardi in a looooooooooong career. He's no Favre but prone to similar mistakes, which to me means unless he has a serious change in his play in the coming years, he will not win a championship.

Hey listen, its nice to have a guy with that kind of talent who can win you some games. But at the same time, if he never wins you a championship was he worth it? You can't really let him go cause the bears have been QB starved for so long they'll hold onto him forever. And they'll make the playoffs with him a good amount of times perhaps. But I don't think he is a championship QB.

Could he get hot in the playoffs one year and win it all? Its possible, but I think unlikely.
Favre has won as many Lombardi's as: Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson. That's a 'bad' argument.

Hell, how many teams win multiple SB's in a career? You find it's the exception, not the norm. And, I don't think any Bears fan, or most fans in general, are looking for the QB to be the ANSWER to win multiple SB's. If so, that's a naive idea that's impossible to even predict and expect from a quarterback. I'd prefer a quarterback that gives us more winning seasons than losing seasons. One that can make plays as a QB in the playoffs.

I think your problem, shake, is that you're under the dying impression that this kid is wholly responsible for the inability of the previous denver broncos teams. That's not the case anymore.

And I don't think you have the insight to say 'hey, he's never going to be able to win the superbowl'... Because, look above, some of those quarterbacks are really good. Some are really... average. What do they all have in common? Talented teams and superior coaching. Are the Bears that team yet? No. Not yet... but is it possible during his career as a Bear that they become that. Definitely possible.

and TT, i'm sorry for bringing brent into it. I know he's a sore spot on you and all packers fans genitals. And yes, Cutler isn't Favre, he won't be Favre, and probably will never be Favre. He'll be better (*snickers*)...

Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
DexterM
Rookie

DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

So let me get this straight. Jay Cutler throws too many interceptions to win a Superbowl (we've decided that at the ripe old age of 26, he is done progressing as a QB, that's completely legit). I mean, he does throw an interception once every 31 passes or so. It's not like, say, Ben Roethlisberger, who has won two Superbowls, who is so much more careful with the ball throws an interception every 28 attempts.

Oh. Wait. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
DexterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
So let me get this straight. Jay Cutler throws too many interceptions to win a Superbowl (we've decided that at the ripe old age of 26, he is done progressing as a QB, that's completely legit). I mean, he does throw an interception once every 31 passes or so. It's not like, say, Ben Roethlisberger, who has won two Superbowls, who is so much more careful with the ball throws an interception every 28 attempts.

I can say, you legitimately pwnd that one, good show.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quite an entrance lol.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:

Rep is up for you!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
im not saying production wise, but playing style wise.
So you're esentially saying he's a poor decision maker that dosen't get production either. Sounds like my kind of QB...

they get smoked.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

no, im saying that after brett played like 500000 years he had awesome production and his playing style succeeded more than it failed him, so why should it be any different for someone with the same playing style?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, im saying that after brett played like 500000 years he had awesome production and his playing style succeeded more than it failed him, so why should it be any different for someone with the same playing style?
Yeah! Kyle Boller is bound to have success if he keeps at it.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Look at the noobie coming out swinging.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Yeah! Kyle Boller is bound to have success if he keeps at it.
so Cutler = Boller?

even considering boller, you can see it is not the playing style that really is what it takes. I mean all 3 of those guys, favre, boller and Cutler basically have the same playing style and you have 3 different results.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
what my poor germasian friend here is trying to say.

he has a great arm, good presence, and average to slightly above average accuracy... much like our good friend brent. what separates the two is the production and general 'awareness' of recievers that brent had. What's great for brent though, was that he had 15 years of relative stability (8 with holmgren isn't a bad start), and had some quality recievers (robert brooks, sterling sharpe, and antonio freeman weren't chumps and played for quite a while (and then i could toss in DD for 5 more years)...)

Cutler's a youngin.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd probably take Brent the poster too. ;)

But Brent comes from this group of T-shirts. I forget not everyone is familiar with the Packers.

Brent the poster is quite skinny, I doubt his body could hold up to the hits an NFL QB would take. Also, Texas A&M is not known for producing top QBs, especially when they don't play football.

Quote:
Quote: