Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Hmmm....

Aren't they only 1.5 games out of a wildcard spot?

Mathematically it could happen, but until Russel quits looking confused on 90% of the snaps I don't see it happening. 6-10 or 7-9 is a more realistic prediction, and would be a step in the right direction.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
he is saying, if you are a bad team, you cant capitalize on playing other bad teams cause then you are basically evenly matched and have no leverage
That might have been what he meant, but what he said is that if bad teams play bad teams, every team involved will lose a majority of those. Which is a statistic impossibility.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also if you listen to the interview, they asked him straight up, are the Raiders going to make the playoffs. Yes or no. He better say yes no matter how he really feels.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That might have been what he meant, but what he said is that if bad teams play bad teams, every team involved will lose a majority of those. Which is a statistic impossibility.

You know what I meant.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I certainly don't expect this to happen.

That said, 6 of Oakland's remaining 10 opponents are at .500 or worse (including three that have worse records than Oakland right now)'

Yeah, but are they actually worse then Oakland? That is the question.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Yeah, but are they actually worse then Oakland? That is the question.
I certainly think so. Then again it's going to come down to how effectively we run the ball; last week we finally found a hot hand in Fargas whose running style probably fits Cable's offensive scheme a little nicer. He's a true one-cut and go kinda runner that we need unlike Bush who tends to dance around the hole a bit too much. I prefer Fargas as the consistent option we could lean on until DMC returns.

Chaz coming back this week is without a doubt a major boost to our O, though I'm expecting him to make an early impact mainly as a possession-type receiver, which is fine because right now Jamarcus needs to continue to build his confidence, and he's the safest target outside of Miller on our roster.

And the defense we know is close to legit all the way through, barring CJ's couple of blips a game, and the SLB spot.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I certainly think so. Then again it's going to come down to how effectively we run the ball; last week we finally found a hot hand in Fargas whose running style probably fits Cable's offensive scheme a little nicer. He's a true one-cut and go kinda runner that we need unlike Bush who tends to dance around the hole a bit too much. I prefer Fargas as the consistent option we could lean on until DMC returns.

Chaz coming back this week is without a doubt a major boost to our O, though I'm expecting him to make an early impact mainly as a possession-type receiver, which is fine because right now Jamarcus needs to continue to build his confidence, and he's the safest target outside of Miller on our roster.

And the defense we know is close to legit all the way through, barring CJ's couple of blips a game, and the SLB spot.

I'm really bummed about Russell though, I was all high on him this year and even thought he'd be the second best QB in that division, or at least hope he would. Cassel is trash, he is Derek Anderson, a no body who has one good year and gets paid for it, whatever, the Chiefs are feeling it now and he looks lost when he has no talent playing around him, ha!, so much for him being a franchise QB. And I didn't think that Orton would be any where near as effective for the Broncos as he has been, so I thought by default that Russell would be the man, plus I actually had the Raiders winning around 6-8 games, which meant that it would be a successful season, then draft a D-Lineman in 2010, and next year make a serious push for the Wild Card.

But it doesn't look like that now.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i love this week.

brady beats up a terrible defense and still only makes a couple of great throws = brady is the best qb in the nfl again.

oakland beats a bad nfc east team = raiders to the playoffs.

this is absolutely the week of ludicrous extrapolation.
Wasn't this bad NFC east team the front runner for the NFC spot in the SB during pre-season?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Wasn't this bad NFC east team the front runner for the NFC spot in the SB during pre-season?
I won't bet against the Pats, not yet atleast. And which team in the NFC East actually looks better than them? Seriously? As for Super Bowl contenders, they are still the Pats and because they have Brady, Bill and that high powered O, you can't completely dump them from serious contention.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I won't bet against the Pats, not yet atleast. And which team in the NFC East actually looks better than them? Seriously? As for Super Bowl contenders, they are still the Pats and because they have Brady, Bill and that high powered O, you can't completely dump them from serious contention.
think you have your As and Ns mixed up.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
think you have your As and Ns mixed up.
sorry...LOL
Old 10-21-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i fail to see your point.
Nothing I just like hearing it. Also waiting for some crow eaters.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
DaN1eL
Rookie

DaN1eL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They need score points, the raiders have a good d-line and good defensive backs despite the loss vs. the giants. They had a poor draft, DHB looks like a new Troy Williamson

Pat White will come back

Last edited by DaN1eL : 10-21-2009 at 11:18 PM.
DaN1eL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Also if you listen to the interview, they asked him straight up, are the Raiders going to make the playoffs. Yes or no. He better say yes no matter how he really feels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Well hey at least he's optimistic and is going to be playing hard every week. Jim Mora has already given up on the year, and he's a head coach.
Exactly. He shouldn't be saying the season is lost already (whether he really feels like it is or not) unlike some people.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The greatest football quote of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i love this week.

brady beats up a terrible defense and still only makes a couple of great throws = brady is the best qb in the nfl again.

oakland beats a bad nfc east team = raiders to the playoffs.

this is absolutely the week of ludicrous extrapolation.
Broncos beat Chargers= BRONCOS WIN THE ******* SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

wait, that's no exaggeration...

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seymour was even laughing while he said this.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Broncos beat Chargers= BRONCOS WIN THE ******* SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

wait, that's no exaggeration...
Everytime they've gone 6-0, they've gone to the Super Bowl. The last two times, they won it.

FACT

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Everytime they've gone 6-0, they've gone to the Super Bowl. The last two times, they won it.

FACT
Everytime JFK rode in a limo he wasn't assassinated, except once...just saying

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Yeah right. And the Lions will win the Super Bowl.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
It's amazing what a win will do for your confidence, just a couple of weeks ago the Giants said playing the Raiders was like a scrimmage.
Then someone adjusted their sliders from "Varsity" to "Heisman".
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Everytime JFK rode in a limo he wasn't assassinated, except once...just saying
Hahahhaahaha, YES.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have 2 things of history on our side. Every time Kyle Orton was on a team that started 6-0, they made it to the super bowl. FACT.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread delivers. JFK . . . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
they are 2-4 and only 1 game behind the Texans.the nfl is so sorry this year anything can happen
I was thinking the same thing. There is plenty of football to play and the Raiders schedule isn't too bad. The better AFC teams are facing tougher competition.

I hope Seymour can inspire the team enough to end up being right. I love the guy and would love to see him be a major factor in turning the Raiders around. Maybe they should give him some reps under center.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote