Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
**** Europe get us a team in LA
zomg zey tried in LA and it didnt workzzzzzz

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
So, for it to work, the NFL would have to consistently have an All-Pro team in Europe? And the first few years of the franchise, if it doesn't succeed, is going to fail?
I never said that.

FWIW, look at how many AMERICAN TEAMS, on AMERICAN SOIL, are going to fail in the future if **** doesn't happen. how many teams STILL manage to garner fans even though they've consistently sucked (see detroit, oakland, cleveland, and the houston texans).

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo moving to Toronto is a lot more likely, even over the strenuous objections of Bills 91-yr-old owner Ralph Wilson & the Argonauts, the NFL has been trying to eat into the CFL fanbase & Canadian mktplace for decades. The 2-3 scheduled so-called home games for the Bills in Toronto are a clear indicator of this direction Goddell & the NFL are going.

btw there's been American FB among the armed forces stationed in Germany for yrs, ever since the '50s at both the active duty military & some HS levels, that's why, with the possible exception of the Barcelona Dragons, the most successful NFLE teams were in Deutschland. There was an established fanbase who knew the rules & were familiar with some of the NFL teams.

Other efforts at putting FB in Europe have been spectacular failures in their time (LOLs, takes drink from London Monarchs World Bowl I WFL Champions
coffee cup).

Last edited by LizardState : 10-23-2009 at 01:17 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
zomg zey tried in LA and it didnt workzzzzzz
Several times, at that. If the time difference can be successfully worked out (which I doubt) then I see no reason why LA should have another chance before trying a city like London.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Well, Goodell, to me, seems like an ego-maniac. He followed guys like Rozelle and Tagliabue, who did great things for the leage. And, he inherited the most successful league in the country.

But, it wasn't good enough for him. My impression of Goodell, is a jealous little brother with inferiority complex. He saw what Rozelle did for the leage, and saw what Tagliabue did for the league, and instead of being happy that things are running smoothly, he just thinks, "how can i leave my mark on football?"

So, he decided he'd try for the international route. Americans love football...why can't the rest of the world. but, he's completely ignoring the fact that a team has to give up a home game every year. and the expansion thing is just crazy. 32 is a good round number. the next logical number would be 36. 6 divisions of 6 teams. And, even then ya have the issue of 8 teams having to fly halfway around the world in the middle of their season. and, the NFL KNOWS this is an issue. that's why they have the Pats and Bucs going to London before their bye week. think that'll be an option everytime this alleged London team has a home game?

I don't like Goodell. I don't like his intentions and i don't like where his priorities are. I know the labor dispute isn't his fault and he just inherited it...but, I hope he gets blamed. I hope the perception is that the NFL had 20 years of peace and prosperity...then a looming lockout within 2 years of Goodell taking over.

The guy isn't gonna be happy until every player in the league is a faceless boyscout and American football has replaced soccer as the #1 sport around the globe.
You mentioning soccer brings up another point for me. If you're in a 3rd world country, all you need is a ball to play soccer. Play it on the streets, play it in a field, whatever. You get a ball, you kick it around, at its' very simplest, that is soccer. Basketball, not much more complicated, but you need a hoop. Bounce the ball, shoot it, that's basketball at its' simplest.

Football at its' simplest? How does that work. Okay so you have a ball... you can throw it to a friend. So now you two can play QB/WR. But it's far more complicated to get into blocking, tackling, etc. It's difficult to take football to its simplest.

Let's look at it another way: You're abducted by an alien. He's curious about all these sports played here on earth. He shows you a video of soccer and asks for a quick explanation. You tell him that only the guy in the funky shirt can touch the ball with his hands, everyone else tries to kick it into the other teams' goal. Basketball? You bounce it, and you try to put it into the other team's goal. Hockey? You hit the puck with a stick and try to put it into the other team's goal. Those guys in combat suits try to stop the puck. Football? The team with the ball tries to pass the goal line, the team without it tries to stop them. The team with the ball can throw it or run it. "But what about those big guys, why aren't they trying to catch the ball?"

So at it's root it's more complicated than other sports. There are so many things going on on every single play that someone could see and ask about. You don't get that in other sports. So it's harder for outside fans to really catch on.

Anyway, I think globalizing football is a great idea. It increases the talent pool, improving the game. But I don't think it would be a good idea to put an NFL team in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i think its 6 times, but i dont quite think it would happen
We're talking 53 players, here. I don't think it's a stretch at all to assume that a football crazed China can't come up with 53 players to match the 53 best America can come up with. With 6 times the talent pool.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see how it would work. The London team would be screwed not the teams in their division. The team in their division would only have 1 game where they have to travel far. Basically the travel takes away a day so its like you play on Monday night and then on Sunday the next week for the teams that travel to London. The London team would have 8 away games in a very different time zone plus a long trip back before home games.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get a team in Canada before we get a team in Europe. That's a big step. Let the NBA test that one for sports first, then we'll talk.

Europe's interest in football is growing, but it's not big enough to take a chance by giving them a franchise yet. Hell, I'm not sure they would even WANT one yet. That's a huge, huge step. That's at the very least, twenty years away. I'm all for the expansion of the game to a global level, and Goodell is smart to try to expand, but this is way premature. I don't think he's necessarily talking about doing this in a couple of years though. Sounds like more of a long term goal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-23-2009 at 01:29 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The mark of a good executive is to not be "happy that things are running smoothly" and be complacent. Goodell is trying to further the brand which is a consideration towards which any stong exec should always work.

Welcome to the world of business. You may not like what he's doing or how he's doing it, but it's a smart thing for him to be doing. Your personal feelings toward the guy are clouding your ability to objectively assess his vision and actions.
sorry, but expanding to europe...or asia..or africa..or underwater, or the moon is only good for goodell and the 32 members of the billionaire boys club, aka, the owners. it screws the players. and it screws the fans.

I know very well that the NFL is a business. But, that only goes so far.

We're force-feeding football to europe, while countless cities in the US would LOVE to have an NFL team.

and, it disrupts the competitive balance. what happens if a team moves to london? Draft Prospects would refuse to sign. traded players would refuse to sign. free agents would list the team 32 out of 32. not all the time. but enough to put the franchise at a huge competitive disadvantage.

christ, there's already the issue of east coast teams having a terrible time playing on the west coast. what do you think happens when we need to schedule 8 games in london. every team on the schedule is gonna want it in front of a bye, or not at all.

it opens up a huge problem for the draft, free agency, scheduling, logistics...all so we can put a team in a place where we're basing the interest level on the fact that the 1 game a year we play there is a big deal.

but, at least the owners will get a little richer.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What no one brought up is there also would be a monetary issue. Would the players be paid in American dollars or British Pounds? If they get paid in american money and then get taxed for living in Great Britain it would really make no sense. It would the throw the salary cap off big time if there is still one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Hockey and basketball are "global" because different countries have their own independent leagues. You don't see NHL or NBA franchises in Europe or Asia because it's not feasible.
I didnt want to let this to go unnoticed as it's the second-to-last post on page one, and pretty much how I feel about this.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Hell no, Hell no!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
sorry, but expanding to europe...or asia..or africa..or underwater, or the moon is only good for goodell and the 32 members of the billionaire boys club, aka, the owners. it screws the players. and it screws the fans.

I know very well that the NFL is a business. But, that only goes so far.

We're force-feeding football to europe, while countless cities in the US would LOVE to have an NFL team.

and, it disrupts the competitive balance. what happens if a team moves to london? Draft Prospects would refuse to sign. traded players would refuse to sign. free agents would list the team 32 out of 32. not all the time. but enough to put the franchise at a huge competitive disadvantage.

christ, there's already the issue of east coast teams having a terrible time playing on the west coast. what do you think happens when we need to schedule 8 games in london. every team on the schedule is gonna want it in front of a bye, or not at all.

it opens up a huge problem for the draft, free agency, scheduling, logistics...all so we can put a team in a place where we're basing the interest level on the fact that the 1 game a year we play there is a big deal.

but, at least the owners will get a little richer.
I agree with all of this except the screwing the fans part, but it is not relevant.

You may not like Goodell but he's a very good exec. You're twisting what he's doing and projecting a "I want my name in lights" motivation on the guy incorrectly & unjustly, in my opinion.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** LONDON!!!!!!! DEY DOOK ARE JERBS!!!!!

If it happens I would hate to be in that division. That means you go there once a year lol
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why the NATIONAL Football League would want to start a franchise in Europe. I can see maybe a Canadian team, maybe even a team in Mexico City, or Peurto Rico, but not in Europe yet. I just don't see that happening. I don't see the NFL leaving North America for a long time. This is the National Football League, not the International Football League. :/

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the NFL expands another team within the US, they are just shifting fan interest. ...not really gaining a new NFL fan.

If they expand in another country, they gain an entire country of NFL fans.

It's all about the money folks. Never let that thought out of your brains.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone knows it's all about the money but the logistics of everything will not work.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I don't see why the NATIONAL Football League would want to start a franchise in Europe. I can see maybe a Canadian team, maybe even a team in Mexico City, or Peurto Rico, but not in Europe yet. I just don't see that happening. I don't see the NFL leaving North America for a long time. This is the National Football League, not the International Football League. :/
Canada.... Mexico... Oh it's coming. Make no mistake.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mexico City has a chance, I would even suggest Toronto; but there is no way a franchise in London can travel (and its opponents) eight times and be competitive.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Let me re-phrase that post, I can see it happening maybe 10-20 years from now. Canada and Mexico are more realistic since they have about the same time zones as the United States. I just don't see a franchise in Europe for at least another 30 years. And Peurto Rico is United States territory. Therefore, there could be a team there soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The Joyford Hill Jaguars?

The NFL brand & the individual teams are what matters to Goodell. I find it amusing that anyone would think the opinion of the fan should have any impact on what essentially is a financial decision.

Honestly, anyone who claims they will stop being a fan because there's a team based in a non-US city is full of ****. And even if I'm wrong on that it doesn't matter much as the league would gain several fans abroad for every domestic market fan who stopped watching.
Im not full of ****. I would cease being a fan. If they wanted to start a club made of athletes in Australia or France, Im cool with it, but telling a 22 year old that he has to live in a place he prob doesn't want to be in the first place is crazy. Goodell is a dumbass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

London is probably a more desirable place to live than half the American cities we have NFL Teams in. The problem would be the money issue though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Also potentially securing visas.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Im not full of ****. I would cease being a fan. If they wanted to start a club made of athletes in Australia or France, Im cool with it, but telling a 22 year old that he has to live in a place he prob doesn't want to be in the first place is crazy. Goodell is a dumbass.
More power to you, then. I can't even begin to understand what, exactly, you are a fan of now that would be so severly impacted by a team in London or some other non U.S. city.