Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I love what baketball has with FIBA. I would love to see an international governing body of football comprised of several seperate leagues
Can you imagine if foreigners start to play football at any early age, thats a new talent pool to draft from.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Can you imagine if foreigners start to play football at any early age, thats a new talent pool to draft from.
Agreed. In my opinion expanding the borders of the game has done nothing but good things for basketball. Who's to say it couldn't do the same for football?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars to Toronto
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Agreed. In my opinion expanding the borders of the game has done nothing but good things for basketball. Who's to say it couldn't do the same for football?
But do you see an NBA team in Europe? Canada, Mexico, Peurto Rico - YES. I'd be all for that. Anywhere in Europe - NO.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
But do you see an NBA team in Europe? Canada, Mexico, Peurto Rico - YES. I'd be all for that. Anywhere in Europe - NO.
But you will. Sometime in the near future, it's going to happen.

Toronto needs an NFL team. They would support it. I know the NFL is already strong over in Canada and you wouldn't be gaining new fans or overall interest, but it would be a good step.

Overall, I'm in the SuperKevin league of thought. Globalization has done amazing things for basketball and would do the same for football.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think this doesn't make sense because of the travel schedules. It would be a pain to fly out to London and back to the United States every week. I think it's much better suited to play a game in every year or so. I'd love a game in Africa, by the way.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think they could somehow work it that every team after playing the london team in london gets a bye and the last 8 weeks they play in america

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The London Shaguars.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id much rather see Toronto and Mexico City before London. London would be awful for traveling. West coast teams already ***** about going to the east coast. I can just imagine what it would be like to San Diego to go to London.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Id much rather see Toronto and Mexico City before London. London would be awful for traveling. West coast teams already ***** about going to the east coast. I can just imagine what it would be like to San Diego to go to London.

They didn't do too bad when they did, at least offensively.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No team will move to Toronto other than the Bills in the near future. The Bills by playing games there have already forced that and I doubt any other team would be as good in Toronto because a massive amount of people in Southern Ontario are Bills fans, both franchises (the Bills and whoever moved to Toronto) would end up with smaller fan bases. The two moves that make the most sense are Bills to Toronto and Jaguars to Los Angeles.

Bills in Toronto would just make the league so much more money. I'm not going to argue that the NFL fan experience playing in Toronto would be better, it wouldn't, it would be garbage because the seats would be filled with suits and a bunch of the corporate seats would be left empty because of uninterested employees, just like you see with the other Toronto franchises. Plus tailgating is illegal in Ontario, they would have to change laws for that. The reason why it would be a good move is because it would make so much more money than a team based out of Buffalo. The team would go from one of the league's smallest market to probably the second largest one outside of New York until there is a team in L.A.

The point is, no matter how terrible the team is, no matter how empty the stadium is, a team in Toronto will always make more money than one in Buffalo just because of the market it is in. Since the CAD isn't **** right now either and is within +/- 10 cents of he USD for a decent part of the past decade basically, the team would make a lot of money for the league.

So, as far as the league is concerned, a Toronto franchise would make a tonne of sense, but only if it were the Bills. As a Bills fan, who lives just outside of Toronto, I say keep the Bills in Buffalo unless they want to allow tailgating before games in Toronto, for football games at least. If it happened I think a Toronto based team would be best served building a Stadium outside of the city though, preferably towards the South-East because i) the Sky Dome/Rogers Center is balls, and ii) I want to tail gate and you need a stadium that has a parking lot to do that ;)
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Jags moved to LA they would then became my 2nd favorite team

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SI said that all the teams with stadium deals about to expire or in stadiums that suck are candidates to move, Minnesota, SF 49ers, J-Ville, the Raiders, & Buffalo among them.

They think Buffalo will move 1st (but to Toronto, not LA) as soon as they can get out of town, or as soon as the biggest obstacle, their owner who's 91, passes away. Goddell has made this his pet project as noted earlier.

Minnesota owner Zygi Wolf wants out in a major way, he inherited financial problems when he bought the team from Red McCombs for a lot more than it was worth .... maybe the mega-settlements with the family of Corey Stringer were a factor here. He wants to move, but LA isn't likely before he has to reupp with his Minnesota Dome deal.

The 9ers are the least likely b/c their new stadium deal for Santa Clara will happen in the next yr. or so if it does at all. It's not a done deal though, a 3-sport mega-complex on the same site was defeated by a 3-1 margin by Santa Clara Co. voters in '96.

For LA relo that leaves the Raiders (who've been there, done that) & Jags, & the Jags most likely to make the LA move. The Raiders are so cash-strapped that Al Davis will have to take on other minority partner(s) in the near future to stay solvent.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will only get behind a franchise in London if they're called the Silly Nannies.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I want to know is how does the league expect to generate interest in football when they put a god awful game like Pats vs god awful Bucs as the one London game of the year.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
What I want to know is how does the league expect to generate interest in football when they put a god awful game like Pats vs god awful Bucs as the one London game of the year.
I heard somewhere that the Bucs are one of the more popular teams in the UK. The Glazers (Bucs owner) also own Manchester United, or something.

Peter King said earlier today that the NFL is going to attempt to have one team to play in London for the next few years, to see if a single team can create a fan-base, as opposed to just a conglomeration of fans from random teams. Sort of like what the Bills did with Toronto.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
I heard somewhere that the Bucs are one of the more popular teams in the UK. The Glazers (Bucs owner) also own Manchester United, or something.

Peter King said earlier today that the NFL is going to attempt to have one team to play in London for the next few years, to see if a single team can create a fan-base, as opposed to just a conglomeration of fans from random teams. Sort of like what the Bills did with Toronto.
Glazer owns Man U and George Gillette (who owns Gillette stadium) is a co-owner along with Tom Hicks for Liverpool. It probably wasn't a coincidence that the Bucs and Pats played

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
They didn't do too bad when they did, at least offensively.
San Diego were helped by the schedule makers last year in that their game the week before London was in Buffalo.

PS I was at Wembley today and have also been the other two years too. I am also vehemently against a London franchise for many reasons. A logistical nightmare for one with jetlag. I think any London team would also struggle to attract free agents and 50% income taxation in UK for high income earners stings too.

Fans would not afford to go to 8 home games per year as most of the fans there today have travelled from far and have had to add travel and hotel costs to the already very high ticket costs. You can do that once per year but not 8 times per year EVERY year. We also have our own teams and the vast majority of us would not give up our support so London would only be our #2 team. What happens too if its an expansion team and they suck for the first 5 years? Who is going to take the $1billion gamble in buying the team too. The franchise would sink fast.

Last edited by boknows34 : 10-26-2009 at 02:06 AM.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not unless they break the Concorde out of retirement.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote