Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
2007 NFL Draft -
What I wanted: 1. Adrian Peterson 2.Patrick Willis 3.Marshawn Lynch
What I got: Marshawn Lynch
I, like almost every football fan felt that Peterson would be the better of the two backs. Now, it's pretty obvious that he is considering he's the best in all of football. I thought Patrick Willis had all the tools to be a great player. And he is.

2nd Round:
What I wanted: Paul Posluszny
What I got: Paul Posluszny

3rd Round:
What I wanted: Daymeion Hughes
What I got: Trent Edwards

2006 NFL Draft
-
What I wanted - Haloti Ngata, Brodrick Bunkley
What I got - Donte Whitner
Many Bills fans were split on who they wanted - Bunkley, Ngata, and Winston Justice.
I was a huge Ngata fan. Our run defense sucked and I wanted to fix it. But instead we have Donte 'Pile Jumper' Whitner.

2nd Round -
When I saw we traded up, I though it was going to be for...
Winston Justice, or Nick Mangold

What I got - John McCargo :(
I feel the exact same way on all of these. Maybe a little less hate on Whitner, though.
Poz was the best pick ever. Considering Peterson and Willis were gone by 12, Lynch-Poz was as good as it got.

That pick HAD to be Winston Justice. It just had to be. Not that it matters now.

I'll try the other years I remember.

Wanted - Roethlisberger. Lee Evans or Michael Jenkins since I knew he wouldn't be there.
Got - Leevans. <3.

Wanted - Not this pick. I was hoping for Schaub or Losman later on; mostly Schaub :(
Got - JP. Oh, JP.

The fact that Schaub was still there at 74 still kills me.
Wanted - Joey Thomas or Chris Cooley. Really hitting on both ends of the scale, there.

Wanted - a first round pick
Got - Worst draft ever

Wanted - Michael Oher, Brian Orakpo
Got - Aaron Maybin

Wanted - James Laurinaitis, Eben Britton, Eric Wood
Got - Eric Wood

Wanted - William Beatty
Got - Jairus Byrd. Awesome.

Wanted - Didn't know we traded for this pick until hours later. Would've wanted Beatty.
Got - Andy Levitre

Wanted - Shawn Nelson
Got - Shawn Nelson

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 10-26-2009 at 02:53 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1999-wanted Aaron Gibson, the OT from Wisconsin. i remember thinking it was a given that the Packers would take him if he fell to 'em...it was my first time watching the entire first round of the draft. We took Antuan Edwards.

2000-wasn't really interested in football this year. crazy year.

2001-Wanted Koren Robinson real bad. Packers took Jamaal Reynolds. I still think K-Rob would've had a much better carreer in GB. still wanted a WR in the second round...and had my heart set on Chris Chambers. Packers took Robert Ferguson. i win. twice.

2002-Still needed a WR. i wanted either Josh Reed or Antonio Bryant. took Javon Walker. He turned out to the most talented. but, injuries and attitude killed his career.

2003-really needed a LB. I wanted EJ Henderson. took Nick Barnett.

2004-hmmm...can't remember who i wanted....but, it wasn't Ahmad Carroll and my guy probably had a better carreer than grabby smurf.

2005-did not want Aaron Rodgers. didn't care who we took. as long as it wasn't him. oops. think i wanted Brodney Pool. oops.

2006-I wanted AJ Hawk badly. that's who we took. I also really wanted Darryn Colledge in the second round.

2007-I wanted Robert Meachem. we took Justin Harrell.
in the second round, i really wanted Sidney Rice. we took Brandon Jackson.

2008-I wanted Dustin Keller. we traded down for Jordy Nelson.

2009-I wanted BJ Raji. that's who we got.

Last edited by drowe : 10-26-2009 at 01:11 PM.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006 Round 1 -
Who we got: Ernie Sims.
Who I wanted Winston Justice
Millen actually got one on me here but hey it was my first draft.

2006 Round 2:
Who we got: Dan Bullocks
Who I wanted: Dan Bullocks
I remember being happy with the pick considering we missed out on Whitner and Huff.

2006 Round 3:
Who we got: Brian Calhoun
Who I wanted: Elvis Dummerville
I didn't know much about the draft but I knew Elvis aka Sack Jebus could play football. Highly considered a first rounder at the beginning of the season fell because of height issues.

2006 Round 5:
Who we got: Jonathan Scott
Who I wanted: Jonathan Scott

To Be Continued.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006: I was actually very satisfied with the Greenway pick in round one, considering that's where many expected him to fall. I would have liked for us to trade up for Cutler with all the extra picks we had but I'm content with Greenway. I'm just a tad worried with what we'll do at the position after Favre is through playing. In the second round I did like the Cedric Griffin pick actually but was absolutely enraged with the Ryan Cook selection. We ended up absolutely reaching for a center only to inevitably move him over to left tackle. I wanted us to take Marcus McNeill with that selection. I hate Ryan Cook so much. I also would've preferred to not trade up for Tarvaris Jackson when we could have sat back and taken Croyle, and Abdul Hodge whom I really wanted. Though I admit I was very intrigued with Jackson, and still remain to be to this day.

2007: I was actually very happy with our draft selections this year.

2008: I was hoping we'd take Desean Jackson instead of Tyrell Johnson in the second. The Jared Allen trade..superb. I hate John David Booty. So much. I still want Andre Woodson.

2009: I was praying that either Jeremy Maclin or Michael Oher would fall to us in round one. I was so upset when Maclin got taken but Oher was still there and I had figured it to be an obvious selection but nooooooo Childress. Though Harvin has been pretty impressive so far, with his only problem him having a bit of the dropsies. Loadhalt was good considering we took a receiver in the first. I did prefer DJ Moore to Asher Allen in the third though.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bored as hell waiting for class so lets give this a shot. I've been aware of the draft since 1998 so I'll try to start there but I might not be able to remember what my thoughts were back then

1998-This sounds like hindsight but I remember Moss's free fall and was hoping the Steelers would grab him. We got Faneca and Hines Ward in this draft so it worked out.

My Pick-Randy Moss WR

Steeler Pick-Alan Faneca OG

Advantage-Steelers

1999-I have little recollection of this draft. I don't feel that I would have drafted Troy Edwards. Just judging by the prospects that i typically go for I would have drafted Jevon Kearse

My Pick-Jevon Kearse DE

Steelers Pick-Troy Edwards WR

Advantage-ME

2000-I would have drafted Plaxico Burress just as the steelers did in 2000. I want to say that I would have drafted Urlacher who went one pick later but I wouldn't have.

My Pick-Plaxico Burress WR

Steelers Pick-Plaxico Burress WR

Advantage-Push

2001-Im not sure who I would have drafted in this spot hopefully i would have had the sense to draft Casey Hampton. I allways remember our secondary being a weakness so I might have went with Nate Clements

My Pick Nate Clements CB

Steelers Pick-Casey Hampton DT

Advantage-Steelers

2002-Once again not sure what i was thinking at the time but it seems like I wouldn't have drafted Kendall Simmons in all honesty I might have went with Patrick Ramsey because at the time I wasn't a fan of Kordell Stewart

My Pick-Patrick Ramsey QB

Steelers Pick-Kendall Simmons OG

Advantage-Steelers

2003-I know exactly what I felt during this draft. I hated us trading up to draft Troy Polamulu. I thought that we were trading up to draft Larry Johnson. I was wrong

My Pick-Larry Johnson RB

Steelers Pick-Troy Polamalu S

Advantage-Steelers

2004-I wanted BIG BEN and I this isn't revisonist history, I know that for a fact.

My Pick-Ben Roethlisberger QB

Steelers Pick-Ben Roethlisberger QB

Advantage-Push

2005-I wanted either Heath Miller or Matt Jones...alas I really feel that in the end I would have gone with Matt Jones but the Jags picked him before the steelers could so I would have went with Miller..thank god

My Pick-Heath Miller TE

Steelers Pick-Heath Miller TE

Advantage-Push

2006-I hated the Satonio Holmes pick. Really, Really hated it. I would have went with Lendale White

My Pick-Lendale White RB

Steelers Pick-Santonio Holmes WR

Advantage-Steelers

2007-I was warming up to all the talk of the Steelers taking Timmons or Revis but before that I was really into Jarvis Moss. Its a good thing we didn't go that route. The information that i heard from the team helped me ween off of Moss and i was fine with Timmons or Revis by draft day, but if it was just me in charge I might have went for Moss.

My Pick-Jarvis Moss DE

Steelers Pick-Lawrence Timmons

Advantage Steelers

2008-I really liked the Medenhall pick and if he had fallen to me I would have taken him as well.

My Pick-Rashard Mendenhall RB

Steeler Pick-Rashard Mendenhall RB

Advantage-Push

2009-I wasn't a fan of the Ziggy Hood pick and he hasn't done anything yet to make me think it was the right pick. But to be fair he hasn't had that much of an oppurtunity to shine. I would have went with Rey Maualuga. It wasn't a need I just felt he was the best player on the board.

My Pick-Rey Maualuga LB

Steeler-Ziggy Hood DE

Advantage-TBD

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 10-27-2009 at 04:38 PM.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my first round picks from a ten year span for the steelers would have been.

1998-Randy Moss

1999-Jevon Kearse

2000-Plaxico Burress

2001-Nate Clements

2002-Patrick Ramsey

2003-Larry Johnson

2004-BIG BEN

2005-Heath Miller

2006-Lendale White

2007-Jarvis Moss

2008-Rashard Medenhall

2009-Rey Maulaga

Looking back I should change the Medenhall pick because of the Lendale White and the Larry Johnson picks that proceded it. I allways wanted another power back to replace Bettis but the steelers seemed to fail to give it me every year, Hence the three first round running backs

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2003: Larry Johnson - I really wanted Troy Polamalu but we traded back with Pittsburgh who took him. LJ was good for two seasons but since then he's been trash and not worth anything.

2005: Derrick Johnson - That's who I wanted. I'm glad we got him at 16th as I wasn't sure he'd be there. He has never lived up to expectations though and isn't starting now.

2006: Tamba Hali - I thought it was way too early for him to go. I wanted either Jonathan Joseph or Kelly Jennings. Hali was okay for a few seasons but he is responding really well to the transition to OLB and is one of the hardest workers we have. I'm glad we took him there.

2007: Dwayne Bowe - I remember really wanting Brady Quinn to fall one more spot so we could take him at 23 until the Browns traded back up to 22 and grabbed him. Bowe is by far our biggest weapon on offense but he has had a case of the drops. Seems to be working hard and will be a good target for Cassel for years.

2008: Glenn Dorsey / Branden Albert - When we picked Dorsey I was pretty pissed we didn't take Branden Albert. 5th might have been a little too high for him but OL was a huge huge weakness and I was confident in him being able to kick out to LT. Got them both in the end. Albert has been very solid and Dorsey was out of position but is playing well at 3-4DE. I think he'll stick there.

2009: Tyson Jackson - Was not ecstatic about this pick to say the least. Wanted Aaron Curry or Eugene Monroe here. Curry is a stud and Monroe would have instantly upgraded the weakest part of our team, especially after paying a lot of money to Cassel. Jackson has looked alright but probably still would have preferred Monroe there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
2006 Round 1 -
Who we got: Ernie Sims.
Who I wanted Winston Justice
Millen actually got one on me here but hey it was my first draft.

2006 Round 2:
Who we got: Dan Bullocks
Who I wanted: Dan Bullocks
I remember being happy with the pick considering we missed out on Whitner and Huff.

2006 Round 3:
Who we got: Brian Calhoun
Who I wanted: Elvis Dummerville
I didn't know much about the draft but I knew Elvis aka Sack Jebus could play football. Highly considered a first rounder at the beginning of the season fell because of height issues.

2006 Round 5:
Who we got: Jonathan Scott
Who I wanted: Jonathan Scott

To Be Continued.
2007 Round 1:
We got: Calvin Johnson
I wanted: To take that trade with the Bucs for their entire draft and take Gaines Adams. otherwise I wanted Calvin Johnson.

2007 Round 2:
We got : Drew Stanton
I wanted: Drew Stanton
I didn't really like anyone here but I was a fan of Stanton's for him to learn for a few years behind Kitna.

2007 Round 2:
We got: Gerald Alexander
I wanted Gaines Adams.

2007 Round 2:
We got: IAF
I wanted Gaines Adams.

I fully remember the IRC chat that I was on at this pick.
broth223:WTF IS MILLEN DOING!
fellow_draftnick: Trying to make your team better calm down.

2007 Round 4:
We got: A.J. Davis
I wanted: Tanard Jackson

2007 Round 4:
We got: Manny Ramirez
I wanted: Manny Ramirez

2008 Round 1:
We got: Gosder Cherillus
I wanted: To not trade down and get Branden Albert but if the trade had to happen I would have wanted Goz.

2008 Round 2:
We got: Dizon
I wanted Calais Campbell

2008 Round 3:
We got Kevin Smith
I wanted Kevin Smith

2008 Round 3

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote