Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default vince young...wildcat

The titans need to take advantage of this bye week and implement a heavy wildcat strategy for vince, similiar to miams but with a tad more passiing. Get him back into a comfort zone, then start giving him more conventional packages when/if he starts to succeed....you can pick up a pretty good q.b. in rounds 3 or 4 to compliment him and run some standard packages just in case the wildcat is working but the standard packages arent for vince. Someone like tim hiller or christian ponder for long yardage situations or change of pace type thing...YOU HAVE ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED RUNNING Q.B.'S IN THE HISTORY OF THIS LEAGUE, FORMER ROOKIE OF THE YEAR...DONT IGNORE THE SUCCESS MIAMI IS HAVING WITH THIS WILDCAT THING!...his confidence is shook, he needs to start from the ground up and you guys need to know if your getting a first round q.b.....one things for certain, tim tebow will be watching VERY curiously.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG VINSE YUNG IN TEH WILDKATZZZ = CHAMPIONCHIP!

Changing the name from "Vince Young playing QB" to "WILDKATZZZ" isn't going to make it better. It's exactly the same thing the Titans did before.

I agree he needs to start when Kerry Collins is the alternative, but let's not all get stiffies pretending that the Wildcat getting popular would make Vince Young's game any different. Ditto Vick. That was all the Wildcat under a different name, anyway.

Last edited by Monomach : 10-25-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wildcat I Can See It! Pure Dominance

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do know that Tennessee used the run option back in Vince Young's rookie year right? The wildcat is not new, it just hasn't been used so extensively.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
You do know that Tennessee used the run option back in Vince Young's rookie year right? The wildcat is not new, it just hasn't been used so extensively.
Yup, just keep putting him in shotgun formations and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Can someone help me out here because I'm an X's and O's idiot. But isn't the point of the wildcat that you huddle up with your normal QB in the huddle so that the defense is unassuming?

When Vince Young is in the huddle, opposing defenses know that he's going to line up at QB and that he has the ability to run with the ball and throw it.

When Miami runs the wildcat, defenses believe that Pennington (or Henne now?) is going to line up in the QB spot, so they call their defensive play based on that, when in reality he is actually going to line up at WR.

I thought the whole point was that the defense breaks the huddle then doesn't know how to respond to the new situation they've been approached by with the HB in the QB position and the QB in a WR position.

If I'm even close to correct here, my next question is: how would Tennessee run the wildcat? Would they make VY line up as a receiver? Then who would they have taking the snaps?
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notice how the wildcat really only works for Miami?

Its because Miami makes a concentrated effort into practicing it and making it part of their playbook. Just like any plays, the more you practice it, the better you get at it.

Teams who think they can just throw it in here and there and have success with it are only fooling themselves.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos ran their "Wild Horses" pretty effectively, but that was only for one game. For sustained success, no one touches Miami at all.

I think it's dumb when people say use an actual QB for the wildcat, because at that point it defeats the purpose. Vince should be used in a more spread out, college style offense for a while. Quick, easy throws, and if that isn't open he can take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the whole concept of a "wildcat qb" is really overblown. all he is, is a RB who can throw a spiral if you think about it.

it doesn't ask for many complicated reads. although I can see it developing into something more with the proper personnel.

its actually an exciting offense, and im looking forward to its growth.

just wait until they start incorporating PA quick slants and WR screen passes into it. this offense is no gimmick, and i love its potential.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

i think eventually im gonna make a thread on the wildcat, but right now, i need to do more hw on studying its formations, personnel packages, etc before i jump to conclusions.

i dont see many miami games, thats the problem. but from what ive seen, i love it. i haven't been this excited about an NFL offensive scheme in a long long time.

i never cared for offense. always was a defense guy. but the wildcat excites me.

*no h0mo*
Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the media and other teams seem to miss is that Miami's wildcat is successful because its really just being physical and running the ball right at teams with some wrinkles to make the defense think. All these versions with Vick, Young won't work close to as well because those guys can't run the football like a RB can.

And your idea's are terrible also Ponder isn't leaving early.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
What the media and other teams seem to miss is that Miami's wildcat is successful because its really just being physical and running the ball right at teams with some wrinkles to make the defense think. All these versions with Vick, Young won't work close to as well because those guys can't run the football like a RB can.
this^

plus, they use a lot of different formations and use wildcat out of 2 TE sets, whereas other teams try to use too many spread WR packages which hinder your run blocking.

Miami has personnel to run a ton of wildcat. they have 3 TEs they can mix and match, they have a big run blocking oline, they have a WR who can keep teams honest with his speed, they have the screen pass slot guy in Camarillo, they have 2 RBs with great vision/power/cutback ability who both can runblock as a pseudo FB, they have it all.

Miami made a concentrated effort into drafting and signing guys who can make this work. its not just a gimmick play. its a legit offensive package.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i think eventually im gonna make a thread on the wildcat, but right now, i need to do more hw on studying its formations, personnel packages, etc before i jump to conclusions.

i dont see many miami games, thats the problem. but from what ive seen, i love it. i haven't been this excited about an NFL offensive scheme in a long long time.

i never cared for offense. always was a defense guy. but the wildcat excites me.

*no h0mo*
I would love for a wildcat thread. Too often people think you can just throw any Joe 4.5fortyQB into the wildcat and be sucessful.

Also I've head that the wildcat is in many ways similar to the Wing T. Do you care to elaborate? My school runs some wing t, so i think if I saw the wild cat plays written up I could see the similarities, if any.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Triple option!!!1!!!!1!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY+CJ+Lendale+Ringer in the Flexbone?
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Triple option!!!1!!!!1!!!
That's what my school runs lol :P

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think David Lee deserves some, if not alot of the credit for the Wildcat being successful in Miami. They brought him in from Arkansas to implement that into their system and he's done an excellent job.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Can someone help me out here because I'm an X's and O's idiot. But isn't the point of the wildcat that you huddle up with your normal QB in the huddle so that the defense is unassuming?

When Vince Young is in the huddle, opposing defenses know that he's going to line up at QB and that he has the ability to run with the ball and throw it.

When Miami runs the wildcat, defenses believe that Pennington (or Henne now?) is going to line up in the QB spot, so they call their defensive play based on that, when in reality he is actually going to line up at WR.

I thought the whole point was that the defense breaks the huddle then doesn't know how to respond to the new situation they've been approached by with the HB in the QB position and the QB in a WR position.

If I'm even close to correct here, my next question is: how would Tennessee run the wildcat? Would they make VY line up as a receiver? Then who would they have taking the snaps?
1) vince can run normal packages as well as the wildcat so the defenses wont have a clue either way and the best part is they wouldnt have to run any rinky dink "q.b." lines up at w.r. trash.

2) miami is actually taking henne or whomever is at q.b. out of the game...saying you know we're running this, try to stop it....making it less of a gimmick/tricky package.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I think it's dumb when people say use an actual QB for the wildcat, because at that point it defeats the purpose. Vince should be used in a more spread out, college style offense for a while. Quick, easy throws, and if that isn't open he can take off.
1) an actual q.b. disguises what is going on without the rinky dink "q.b. lined up at w.r." trash....puttin a more effective blocker or legitimate reciever on the field...how does that "defeat the purpose"?

2) vince needs to get readjusted to the q.b. position all together... a concentrated and heavy dose of this package sprinkled with more and more normal packages seems like it would work.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
1) an actual q.b. disguises what is going on without the rinky dink "q.b. lined up at w.r." trash....puttin a more effective blocker or legitimate reciever on the field...how does that "defeat the purpose"?

2) vince needs to get readjusted to the q.b. position all together... a concentrated and heavy dose of this package sprinkled with more and more normal packages seems like it would work.
When a QB is at WR, the defense has to adjust to it outside of the huddle. When they see Vince Young come on the field, they know what's coming.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Fisher's too old school. I just don't see it happening.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole advantage of the WC is that you have that extra blocker who neutralizes the defenses advantage, plus the misdirection can lead to big cutback lanes. This is not new, Atlanta used it with Vick in 2006, so did Tennessee. As BBD mentioned: Miami just uses it more than other teams.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think David Lee deserves some, if not alot of the credit for the Wildcat being successful in Miami. They brought him in from Arkansas to implement that into their system and he's done an excellent job.
Dan Henning ran direct snaps to the RB with success in the NFL before going to Miami

Lee deserves credit for making it a viable offense long term and introducing a passing element but it likely wouldnt have ever been considered without Henning there
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because Vince can scramble doesn't mean he's a good "wildcat" option.

The wildcat is successful where the guy can take it up the gut, take it outside, or possibly pass it. Vince isn't a threat up the middle. He's a finesse runner. He's quick, but not insanely fast. His style is best suited to dropping back to pass and then possibly running.

Besides, what is the "wildcat" in relation to a scrambling QB, anyway? If VY were playing, he'd be taking the direct snap anyway because he's a QB, and he'll inevitably run some times. Occasionally a designed run would be called. Isn't this already a "wildcat"?
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The wildcat with young at qb essentially turns into the zone-read....which he ran at texas.