Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Vikings, Week 8

So does anyone know who the **** this Brent Farve guy is? ESPN already has a GB-MIN dedicated scroll line. I don't know about you guys but I hope Brent gets booed worse then Jay did in Denver. 3:15, going to seem like a long wait, hopefully its worth it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't that the guy who QB'd the Falcons?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see us actually blitz this time. We were way too content to have a three man rush and give him all day in week four.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else notice during the Viking game...

The guy who was called for a game-changing tripping penalty was the SAME guy who rammed a ref into the ground just 2 plays later. Coincidence?

It was Jeff Dugans. Hmmm, I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black Sunday. I will be in all black starting the game with a moment silence for the death of a family member. After that, it's Packers vs Vikings. Go Pack.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Did anyone else notice during the Viking game...

The guy who was called for a game-changing tripping penalty was the SAME guy who rammed a ref into the ground just 2 plays later. Coincidence?

It was Jeff Dugans. Hmmm, I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
I saw the guy run the ref over. Seemed like it wouldn't have been too hard to see him standing there.

Not sure if this has been talked about either, but Favre threw an obvious chop-block on the interception return that didn't get called.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I saw the guy run the ref over. Seemed like it wouldn't have been too hard to see him standing there.

Not sure if this has been talked about either, but Favre threw an obvious chop-block on the interception return that didn't get called.
The penalty was widely disputed and definitely changed the game because I think Favre threw a TD on that play that got called back. I was thinking hmm maybe running the ref over wasn't necessarily an accident.

Favre's a king at diving below the waist whenever he can. When he's on your team it's awesome, when he's the opponent, it's dirty. Haha.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to the game. gonna be awesome.

and, yes. must blitz more. AD hasn't been much of a factor for, really the last month. he can be stopped without giving up on pass defense.

on offense....i want to see a lot of runs early. all it takes is one instance of Grant getting a 10 yarder, and they'll have to look at the running game completely differently. these guys can be run on. all reports to the contrary are a myth.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings have three starters fighting injuries: Wide receiver Bernard Berrian, middle linebacker E.J. Henderson and cornerback Antoine Winfield.

Berrian hurt his left hamstring last week at Pittsburgh. Winfield missed that game because of an injury to his right foot. Henderson's knee is on the mend. They were all held out of Wednesday's practice.
Packers got some injuries too.

I hope Clay and Kampman can sack the bastard this game. I can't handle another week of Favre on ESPN as the victor.

Despite the Oline, I think Rodgers tears it up in this game, especially if winfeild and co are out.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in the nfl thread...

Quote:
Fox will stream a "Favre-cam" online that will be isolated on him at all times, starting in warm-ups Sunday.
Are you kidding me? As if I wouldn't see enough Favre.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I posted this in the nfl thread...

Are you kidding me? As if I wouldn't see enough Favre.
If this means the regular Fox broadcast never shows Favre outside of actual plays he's in, I'm fine with it. Unfortunately, we'll still see his face on the sideline after every play.

The good news is that we won't have to hear the MNF crew gush over every throw this time.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

This game could likely be the division because the Packers and Vikings have relatively similar schedules from here on out, strength wise. The Bears? Well the Bears blow.

they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be a nice cold day in Lambeau as well...finally the old fart has to play in real football conditions. We all have seen him break down big time during the 2nd half of seasons...its been a trend for a good 5 years now. After the NFCCG in 07 where he looked uncomfortable while Eli didn't seem to have a problem, it showed me that Favre is no longer a cold weather QB like he was billed in the past

I always saw this year as a split, with or without Favre, and I expect that to be the case this sunday. Vikes win in their dome, Pack win at lambeau. The rest will sort itself out
Old 10-30-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://youbeenblinded.com/gilbert-br...ett-favre/4373

The grave digger says he sack favre and fart on him.

Also, Minnesota ave in Green bay has been changed to Aaron Rodgers lane for the game. ha

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 10-30-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
http://youbeenblinded.com/gilbert-br...ett-favre/4373

The grave digger says he sack favre and fart on him.

Also, Minnesota ave in Green bay has been changed to Aaron Rodgers lane for the game. ha
lol! I was in green bay for the game against the lion and i met him and shook his hand. The grave digger was one of the reasons that i became a packers fan
Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

35 FB Korey Hall
47 S Matt Giordano
68 T Breno Giacomini
72 C/G Jason Spitz
88 TE Jermichael Finley
87 WR Jordy Nelson
94 DE Jarius Wynn
99 LB Jeremy Thompson

That sucks, it sounded like FInley may get to go a few min ago.

they get smoked.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron has to get rid of the football quicker

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Jolly should be benched for that awful play, let Raji take his place. Chiller had a similar type play in the 1st game and it hurt the packers. GB is really hurting themselves so far, stupid flag, short kickoffs and holding onto the ball to long.

as I type this, holding on the kickoff, fantastic....

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers fans should be booing the Packers. So far in this game:

1) McCarthy calls a counter on a 2nd and 2 inside the Vikings 20 and gets stuffed. Rodgers takes a sack on the next play. Packers settle for a FG.

2) Quit using the shotgun every down! Damn are you stupid McCarthy? That takes all the suprise out of the play and lets the defense adjust easier as the play develops.

3) Rodgers.... Quit holding the ball so long! Throw it away, don't keep taking sacks. This is one thing that Favre did except he chucked it when he was about to take a sack which lead to INTs.

4) Run the ball more. 3rd and 1 and we line up in the shotgun?

5) Defense is wearing down. Johnny Jolly killed the vibe on defense. After that happened we went down hill.

This game is getting ugly and we're going to lose in a blowout. McCarthy needs to start calling plays better if this team is ever going to do anything. I'm sick of this zone blocking scheme **** and the shotgun offense.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an awful half of football

Old 11-01-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

This has been the worst I've seen the packers since last season in New Orleans on MNF. I don't even know where to start, where is the rush and where is Greg Jennings?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Rodgers is getting rid of the ball quicker and look what happens

Old 11-01-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn special teams.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is on McCarthy. I don't care about the special teams. I don't care about Rodgers holding the ball too long. I don't care about the sacks.

At some point he needs to get back to doing what he did last year. Where are the slant passes? That WAS our offense and what made our WRs so dangerous. Rodgers dropped back and the ball was out so quickly that sacks were a non-issue. Thats what our offense is missing and all this shotgun ******** is ******* it up.

Also Grant only had 10 carries. He's a north-south runner and he's calling him for counters and sweeps? We don't have the beef on the offensive line to move the defenders.

I truely believe that we have the talent to become a good team but we're just not utilizing that talent like we should. If we can get back to those quick 3 step drops and run those slants again I think that the YAC of our WRs will start to show again. The 3-4 has been effective to a degree. We're stopping the run much better this year but our DBs just haven't adjusted to the zone coverage as well. Add in our lack of a pash rush and QBs have all day to pass against us. We again are in the bottom half of sacking the QB. I like Kampman but I think we need to replace him in the starting lineup. Get a guy like Jermey Thompson in there and let Kampman come in when we're in the nickel.

People need to start being held accountable. When Holmgren was here and someone committed a penalty he'd yank them for a play/series or whatever. **** like Jolly pulled is inexcusable and that went from being a 3 point series to a 7 point series.

I hate to say it but McCarthy has to be on the hot seat THIS SEASON. He only has 1 winning season so far and his failure to make the simplest of adjustments and blatent display of penalties being a non-issue is becoming arrogant like Mike Sherman used to be. This team has too much talent to be wasted by poor coaching and poor disipline.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least you guys made a game out of this near the end.