Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: WHo ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 13 76.47%
Denver Broncos 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 8: Denver @ Baltimore

Both the Ravens and Broncos are coming off of bye weeks, so that advantage goes out the window for both teams. This should be a very good game with two studly offensive lines protecting Orton and Flacco. I'm looking forward to what should be a highly entertaining game. So, who ya got?

Edit: Whoops forgot to make the poll public. If any mod can do that I would be much obliged :D.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 10-27-2009 at 10:59 AM.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I think we have a good chance to come away with a W in this one, however I've watched this team find ways to lose for 3 straight weeks, and until I see otherwise, I don't think I'll be able to predict a win.

Broncos 31
Ravens 28

Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal go nuts.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

bad feelings all around for this game. We have to shut out their offense and someone better light a fire on our d. We have to hit Orton alot while they may not be sacks with josh mcdaniels quick hit offense we can make him un accurate on his throw and take away the yac yards.
But i think our offense will find holes in the Denver D which should keep us tight. Hopefully we can get ahead to take away the running game of Moreno who is a stud

prediction
ravens 27
broncos 21

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos 28
Ravens 24

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there team is a match up nightmare, nice passing game w/ a great defense I am nervous as well
Old 10-27-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to predict a win cause all homerisms aside I just can't see it happening. They match up too well with us. If we play like we have been

Broncos 30
Ravens 24

But it all hinges on the improvements of the defense over these past 2 weeks. I think if they get their **** together and can run a complex defense we have a much better chance of helping out our corners.

So my homer will say

Ravens 27
Broncos 24
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I will go with the Ravens this week. They are going to be fired up after losing three straight games. I think the Broncos will be just like the Titans last year.

Ravens 21
Broncos 17
Old 10-28-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read on PFT that Harbaugh has yet to say Jared Gaither will be playing at LT, I'm pretty sure he'll play, but why in the world would they consider moving Gaither to the right, and keeping Oher at LT? makes no sense to me, unless they are looking at the situation financially because they don't wanna pay Gaither as a LT, and would rather pay him as an RT.

thoughts on this?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I read on PFT that Harbaugh has yet to say Jared Gaither will be playing at LT, I'm pretty sure he'll play, but why in the world would they consider moving Gaither to the right, and keeping Oher at LT? makes no sense to me, unless they are looking at the situation financially because they don't wanna pay Gaither as a LT, and would rather pay him as an RT.

thoughts on this?
I'm thinking it's just to keep the Broncos in the dark as much as anything else, but the financial issue is interesting. I don't think Rosenhaus (Gaither's agent) would fall for that crap though.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I'm thinking it's just to keep the Broncos in the dark as much as anything else, but the financial issue is interesting. I don't think Rosenhaus (Gaither's agent) would fall for that crap though.
true, plus, they need to stop being cheap and pay these studs the money that they deserve, when I say that, I use the letting go of Jason Brown as an example.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
true, plus, they need to stop being cheap and pay these studs the money that they deserve, when I say that, I use the letting go of Jason Brown as an example.
I think letting Jason Brown go was more of a numbers game than us not wanting to pay him. It was either him or Suggs/Lewis, and I would say that they made the right decision. Some say a deal should have been made sooner, but I would be willing to put money on Brown not wanting to get a deal done early so he could go to the FA market and make a ton of money. Hope he's happy with all the $ with the Rams :D.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it is fine let Brown go, we got Birk our o-line hasnt missed a beat, when he retires we can put Hale/chester/yanda there and I dont think we will miss a beast as well.

Also if we signed Brown we probably wouldnt have signed Foxworth. I know you can make a case Foxworth is a bust but if he isnt signed. Chris Carr or Frank Walker would be a starting CB for this team. YIKES
Old 10-28-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really believe we stand a better chance then you are giving us credit for. We will shut down their running game no problem IMO, and if we roll Ed Reed towards Brandon Marshall and get someone to get after Orton, we should be fine.

We actually match up really well against that D. Its all about pressure, and I feel as though if they blitz us heavily, Ray Rice will tear them apart with those little screen passes he is so good at. Im saying the game is within 7 points, and Ill give the Ravens the edge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

someone getting after Orton will be a problem. There O-line may be better then ours and Orton is very smart w/ the football.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

agreed, Denver's o-line is one of the best in the game, if not THE best. Getting pressure is not going to be easy for the Ravens, especially with how they have been struggling thus far. I pray Greg Mattison changed things up, cause that boring base 43 was killing our own defense, not the opposing offense.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
agreed, Denver's o-line is one of the best in the game, if not THE best. Getting pressure is not going to be easy for the Ravens, especially with how they have been struggling thus far. I pray Greg Mattison changed things up, cause that boring base 43 was killing our own defense, not the opposing offense.
Actually when we went to the 4-3 front with Ngata and McKinney at DT against the Vikings we were pretty damn good. Both run-stuffing and getting pressure up the middle. He does need to change things though, or at least adjust to what's actually working and go with that.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think letting Jason Brown go was more of a numbers game than us not wanting to pay him. It was either him or Suggs/Lewis, and I would say that they made the right decision. Some say a deal should have been made sooner, but I would be willing to put money on Brown not wanting to get a deal done early so he could go to the FA market and make a ton of money. Hope he's happy with all the $ with the Rams :D.
What do the Ravens and Rams have in common?.........No playoffs this year! Jason Brown is probably not happy with the Rams but odds are he isn't wishing he was still a Raven, he prolly just wishes he had signed with Cincy or Pittsburgh or New England.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-29-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Actually when we went to the 4-3 front with Ngata and McKinney at DT against the Vikings we were pretty damn good. Both run-stuffing and getting pressure up the middle. He does need to change things though, or at least adjust to what's actually working and go with that.
McKinney needs to get more time out there, hate to say this cause I like the guy but Kelly Gregg is done. I watch him during games and he is not the same Kelly Gregg anymore, Olineman just push him around. McKinney is young and could be a good long-term solution at NT.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-29-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
it is fine let Brown go, we got Birk our o-line hasnt missed a beat, when he retires we can put Hale/chester/yanda there and I dont think we will miss a beast as well.

Also if we signed Brown we probably wouldnt have signed Foxworth. I know you can make a case Foxworth is a bust but if he isnt signed. Chris Carr or Frank Walker would be a starting CB for this team. YIKES
I wish we would have signed Jabari Greer, or even Andre Goodman.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

All depends on the secondary. If Frank Walker plays a significant amount of the plays we are screwed...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I wish we would have signed Jabari Greer, or even Andre Goodman.
It's all hindsight now though. I would bet that Greer wouldn't be doing any better with us than Foxworth is now. It's hard when you don't have any help :(. The rest of NO secondary are making big plays consistently, where as ours isn't.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jairus Byrd has 2 picks today, 7 in 6 starts. I wanted him so badly.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I like Byrd too, but we didn't need a FS that high (at all really).
Old 11-01-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

At least Frank Walker is inactive today. How does Webb look?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Frank Walker inactive, and our defense showing up. Coincidence? I think NOT!