Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: WHo ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 13 76.47%
Denver Broncos 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
At least Frank Walker is inactive today. How does Webb look?
Webb = pure awesome. At least on returns :D.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And there goes WEBB!!!
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos will finally have an L...

Last edited by trkaline : 11-01-2009 at 03:26 PM.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, I swear I predicted Webb to take it to the house on that 2nd half opener but w/e. But I think we finally have a solid KR since Jermaine Lewis. Now, lets hope our defense can hold out Denver, there up 23-7 and have been playing great thus far, LETS FINSH BALTIMORE!!! LETS GO!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
What do the Ravens and Rams have in common?.........No playoffs this year! Jason Brown is probably not happy with the Rams but odds are he isn't wishing he was still a Raven, he prolly just wishes he had signed with Cincy or Pittsburgh or New England.
Center was considered our biggest or second biggest need in the off season, we would have loved Jason Brown in Cincy.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like every other carry for Ray Rice has been for -4 yards. What's going on? Is it our line or their's and their linebackers.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win today by the Ravens, we really needed this one. Our defense was much better, although I'm not quite sure it was because of a change in game-plan. Our guys just played well and beat their blocks.

On a side note, Ngata just sprained his ankle and the x-rays were negative. I would expect to see him back next week for sure.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whew, thank god, Ngata is huge for us. thanks for that update cordinator0.

But yeah, great win, Ravens desperatley needed this one and they played like it. Every aspect of the team played well, Chris Carr did great fielding punts and on defense, Foxworth had a great game and wow, what a job from Joe Flacco and the offense. Denver's defense is pretty damn good, I thought the o-line played well in pass protection and those negative plays in the run game were just a result of Denver's defense playing great. I thought Kelley Washington had a HUGE game and I think he should be utlized even more. Clayton and Mason both impressed me. On special teams, I was beyond impressed, we did a fantastic job on Eddie Royal on every kickoff as well as punt. and what a great job blocking, was Webb even touched on his Kick return? Let's hope and pray the Ravens can mantain this level of play throughout the rest of the season, it was fantastic.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome game.

-We dominated this game in all aspects of the game, and we got some horrible officiating calls against us. It seemed like when ever a denver WR asked for a flag they got 1.

-We finally generate pressure on D, we got nice pressure on a elite OL

-Our CB were actually out there batting down passes showing

-Chris Carr actually look like he tried

-My 2 prophecies out of the draft Ellerbe and Webb looked awesome, I need Riley to become good and my casual Ravens fans friends will think I am a genius

-Did Mcgahee do something to get into the dog house again?

-How many plays on 3rd down is Kelly Washington going to have to make to actually get a pass thrown to him that isnt on 3rd down? Mason/Clayton can also play slot as well, I would love to see us line up in 3 WR sets and have Washington outside one play w/ Clayton in the slot.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

OWNAGE.....
Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Awesome game.

-We dominated this game in all aspects of the game, and we got some horrible officiating calls against us. It seemed like when ever a denver WR asked for a flag they got 1.

-We finally generate pressure on D, we got nice pressure on a elite OL

-Our CB were actually out there batting down passes showing

-Chris Carr actually look like he tried

-My 2 prophecies out of the draft Ellerbe and Webb looked awesome, I need Riley to become good and my casual Ravens fans friends will think I am a genius

-Did Mcgahee do something to get into the dog house again?

-How many plays on 3rd down is Kelly Washington going to have to make to actually get a pass thrown to him that isnt on 3rd down? Mason/Clayton can also play slot as well, I would love to see us line up in 3 WR sets and have Washington outside one play w/ Clayton in the slot.
He hasn't played very well lately. I know he hasn't played much, but in the limited time he's in he doesn't show any reason to keep him out there. I kind of like Rice getting a lot of carries (fantasy team), but I think Willis will get back into shape soon. Maybe...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm no Mcgahee fan but you can't really make the determination that he's not playing well when he got 2 touches today, and 1 touch against the Bengals.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, back to rooting against the Ravens. I wanted to Ravens to win to full expose the Broncos and to make my point even more clear that they will fold like the Titans did last season. Deep down I still feel like San Diego will win that division.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with McGahee not getting a lot of touches. Rice is and should be our main back. We don't run the ball enough to let them both get carries.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still pissed I missed Webbs TD. My dad made me go w/ him so we can get food, I am like his biggest fan and I miss the damn TD.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:49 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing game, in the parking lot Im hangin with my best friends one is a Ravens fan, one a Broncos fan and I told the Broncos fan if you see #59 on the field more than #56 then your team is in trouble!! Ellerbe needs to be the other starting ILB, he is what Bart Scott would be if Bart Scott had any talent. He completes this defense, he needs to start over Gooden and Webb needas to continue to take defensive snaps away from Chris Carr.

And can we go 4 wide and actually put #87 in the game? I know the great and powerful Harbaugh doesnt like him but the dude can play the game, give him a chance!

Love seeing Josh McDaniels not smiling, I really cannot stand him! Down 30-7 and you call a timeout with 19 seconds left, then spike the ball with 3 seconds left. He deserved to have Marshall or Orton get hurt on one of those plays for being such a dickhead!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What really sucks is because of the 3 game losing streak you really dont get to enjoy this win for very long, because if you go out to Cincy and lay an egg you're done. As soon as the clock ticked down to zero all I could think was "better be 6-3 when you come back from this road trip".

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 11-02-2009, 03:46 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Ray Rice all the time. He is really developing into a great back. I didnt see him being that great of a back when we took him in the 2nd round, but I was very wrong. He is great running or catching.

Now we need to get him a good back up to give him some rest, and not McGahee. He just looks like he isnt trying every time he gets the ball. He just wont hit the hole with some steam. I just wish we had Lorenzo Neal so we could use Mcclain as a Rb more to grind teams down.

Kelly Washington deserves the ball some more. I know there are only a limited amount of catches with Mason, Rice, Heap and Clayton, but Washington is playing better and better. Also I liked the little first down dart thing he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ok, back to rooting against the Ravens. I wanted to Ravens to win to full expose the Broncos and to make my point even more clear that they will fold like the Titans did last season. Deep down I still feel like San Diego will win that division.
yeah I agree, coming into this game I STILL wasn't a believer in the Broncos, I mean, they needed a miracle to beat the Bengals, they then had to cake teams in Cleveland and Oakland, then they barely beat Dallas and barely beat New England when they were outta sync.(I bet the Pats would beat em a second time around) They beat San Diego, mainly cause San Diego isn't very good defensively. I think they'll lose next week to Pittsburgh as well, they are just a team with a good solid defense but just a game managing offense.

As for Ellerbe, I am definitely w/ ERU on having him as the starter, he is the type of linebacker we need playing next to Lewis, the strong, physical guy who blows up blocks and is a sure tackler. I'm glad he's getting more and more playing time.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Ellerbe's playing extremely well, really happy with him. As far as making him a starter, I'm actually pretty content with how he's being used. I like he and Tavares getting reps, because I think they complement each other well. Ellerbe's that thumper that will come up and pop you pretty good in the run game, while Gooden is finesse and can make plays with his athleticism.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I agree with dcarey. Gooden never seemed like a good fint alongside Ray, yet he still brings things to that table that Ellerbe doesn't and vice-versa. I like our future at LB with Ellerbe and Gooden, whether we play 3-4 or 4-3. These guys seem versatile enough to capably handle either. Hopefully we stay in the 3-4, it's looking like Ellerbe can become that thumper (I think it's called the "Jack" position on our defense) needed to take on blocks and stop the run.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens exposed the Broncos lack of an explosive offense. Yeah they have Marshall and Royal, but Orton isn't the type to win games. He is a winner because he has had a strong defense and manages games, but he won't win games himself.

That said, I am still not scared of the Ravens. They seemed to be more angry and played very physically, but the defensive backfield and passing game still makes me question how well they will do when a team spreads them out and stops their running game. Flacco is a beast, but doesn't have the weapons to further his development. Rice, Mason, and Heap are nice, but he needs more. Heap is always injured, Mason is getting older, and Rice can't do it all by himself, especially at his small stature.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Well, Heap isn't injured this year (or last year much for that matter) so I think that doesn't play into anything right now. With the way FLacco spreads the ball around, we don't really need that beastly receiver. He just goes for the open guy, which I love.

But hey, we've still got a few weeks until the Ravens-Steelers flame wars. Let's save it until then ;).
Old 11-02-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ERU you have no clue what you are talking about if you think Bart Scott don't have any talent and HWJR Mason being old has nothing to do with this season. I can't wait for next week to avenge our loss to Cincy
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
ERU you have no clue what you are talking about if you think Bart Scott don't have any talent and HWJR Mason being old has nothing to do with this season. I can't wait for next week to avenge our loss to Cincy

He's overrated because he runs his mouth (while not backing it up however). He's really not that good of a player on the field.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999