Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: WHo ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 13 76.47%
Denver Broncos 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Yea, but it isn't about quantity. Obviously someone with a 13 yr career is going to have hit more people than someone with an 8 yr career.

And, I am taking into account poundage. Clark is 205 lbs, Lewis is 250ish?? Plus to me, it is against Clark and Reed. I still maintain that Reed is the biggest hitter on the Ravens squad, per poundage.
If it's Clark vs. Reed, then I'd give it to Clark. Reed can still deliver a blow, but it's not his top priority as a defender, largely because of his neck problems. Like I said, he can still deliver a hit (ask Knowshon Moreno) but his days of that are numbered, he's more of a ball hawking safety.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, but it isn't about quantity. Obviously someone with a 13 yr career is going to have hit more people than someone with an 8 yr career.

And, I am taking into account poundage. Clark is 205 lbs, Lewis is 250ish?? Plus to me, it is against Clark and Reed. I still maintain that Reed is the biggest hitter on the Ravens squad, per poundage.
You also have to take into account who they are hitting too. Sure Clark is only 205 compared to Lewis' 250, but he's also hitting guys (for the most part) that are smaller than the guys Ray hits.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not that serious and when it gets that serious someone gets their eyes gouged out. Not cool. :D

Like you guys did to McGahee in the 2007 season
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That hit Reed laid on Moreno Sunday was a thing of beauty.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
You also have to take into account who they are hitting too. Sure Clark is only 205 compared to Lewis' 250, but he's also hitting guys (for the most part) that are smaller than the guys Ray hits.
For the most part as in not really?? Most of Lewis' big hits come against RB's and WR's. Most of Clark's hits come against RB's and WR's.

Like Reed's hit on Moreno. Reed is probably no more than 205 lbs as well, Moreno probably weighs a bit over 210. I've seen Reed/Clark lay out someone that is in the 220-230 range. How many times have you seen Ray Lewis lay someone out that weighed 15-25 lbs heavier than him??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
in our defense, we were just talking about the Ravens hardest hits and Bart Scott, and then you guys just randomly show up posting videos of Steelers hits on Ravens. Yet we need to chill?
I posted the videos in defense of Bart Scott hitting Big Ben. I just posted Steeler-Raven hits. Just wanted to get hyped for our showdown in a few weeks.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Like you guys did to McGahee in the 2007 season
I was moreso referring to Brandon Spikes this past weekend. I don't recall what you are talking about though.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Big Ben said that was the hardest hit he ever had in his life.

The guy also got hit by a car.
I bet the car hit harder than Scott.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry0tniImmb4

Porter got owned by Jamal Lewis, if you are getting owned by Jamal why would Ray waste his time on Porter?
Porter also got owned by Winslow, but he's a ******* soldier! But Peezy did take one two Brown players in a fight.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was moreso referring to Brandon Spikes this past weekend. I don't recall what you are talking about though.
I think he got mixed up with the Browns and the Steelers, it was against Cleveland, I think last year? Willis McGahee came off the field with his eye's gouged and the Baltimore Ravens sent in a tape the next day to the NFL arguing it but it was denied. What got me wondering was, if the Browns didn't do it, how did he get his eye's gouged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I bet the car hit harder than Scott.
Well, Big Ben did say that Scott's hit was the hardest he's been hit in his life, and that was after the car accident I believe. :D
Old 11-03-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That hit Reed laid on Moreno Sunday was a thing of beauty.
By the best safety in the NFL, the AFC, the AFC north etc. etc etc.

Reed is better then Troy

:):):):)
Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
By the best safety in the NFL, the AFC, the AFC north etc. etc etc.

Reed is better then Troy

now that is a debate that will go on forever but will never be settled. :) both guys excel at different positions.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Porter also got owned by Winslow, but he's a ******* soldier! But Peezy did take one two Brown players in a fight.
fightnig 2 browns players equals fighting 4 5th graders.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Reed is better than Troy at looking cooler in his uniform.

Fixed that for you.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

hey, since I'm talking to you Steeler fans, could yall help with with this question. I have Rashard Mendenhall on my fantasy team and he is going up against Denver. Should I start him or will Arians rely on Big Ben to win the game?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Troy is better then Reed....

at shampoo commercials, I love that one commerical "you said it in your eyes"
Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
hey, since I'm talking to you Steeler fans, could yall help with with this question. I have Rashard Mendenhall on my fantasy team and he is going up against Denver. Should I start him or will Arians rely on Big Ben to win the game?
Arians will probably go on the air since he doesn't like to give Mendenahll carries. But it's tough to sit the hot hand.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis hits harder then a police battering ram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ray Lewis hits harder then a police battering ram.

Ray Lewis>ALL
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man either you guys are too young or you've just plain forgotten the biggest hit in Ravens history. It was a Thursday night home game against the Kansas City Chiefs. A large RB by the name of Bam Morris was absolutely stopped in his tracks and knocked back by Ray Lewis!! Thats Ray's biggest hit and the franchise's biggest hit!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Bam Morris was a beast.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Man either you guys are too young or you've just plain forgotten the biggest hit in Ravens history. It was a Thursday night home game against the Kansas City Chiefs. A large RB by the name of Bam Morris was absolutely stopped in his tracks and knocked back by Ray Lewis!! Thats Ray's biggest hit and the franchise's biggest hit!
I remember that. Morris tried to hurdle someone and then BOOM! Ray Freakin' Lewis.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ben wakes up to hits that hard.
With that O-line and how he holds on to that ball, I believe that completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote