Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
big time chicken legs. hes got willie parker syndrome. blazing straight line speed, not enough elusiveness or top notch vision, pretty poor receiver and knee/ankle problems
Yeah, but his chicken legs are a half-foot longer than Fast Willie's.
I bet McFadden wishes he was 4 inches shorter.

How tall is CJ2K?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How tall is CJ2K?
5'11'', I think.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pre broken leg i had bush over peterson.....seems foolish now and i moved him down to a second round guy after the injury but i was pretty high on bush.
I didn't like him because I saw too much Lendale/Ron Dayne/TJ Duckett in him in college. He was a big back w/pretty good feet who didn't like to get his jersey dirty. Big backs who think they're scatbacks is a huge, huge turnoff for me. He's turned into a better NFL player than I thought he would.

My runningback rankings over the years (and I'd have to really look back and do some digging to verify) went something like this...

1. Peterson (had him as the best overall player in his entire draft class...over Megatron, Thomas, Russell, etc. One of the few runningbacks ever worthy of being taken in the top 5 and he goes 7th overall haha)

2. Deangelo Williams
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Cedric Benson
5. Jonathan Stewart

My next tier is a jumbled mess of guys like Cadillac, Felix Jones, MJD, etc.

I'm a sucker for power backs. I was really, really down on Reggie Bush and McFadden (I liked Run DMC more than Reggie, though. Reggie's probably been my least favorite RB prospect ever). And I was absolutely in love with Deangelo Williams coming out. I wanted Jacksonville to draft him desperately, but we got MJD as a very nice consolation prize haha.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 08-31-2010 at 12:41 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I didn't like him because I saw too much Lendale/Ron Dayne/TJ Duckett in him in college. He was a big back w/pretty good feet who didn't like to get his jersey dirty. Big backs who think they're scatbacks is a huge, huge turnoff for me. He's turned into a very nice NFL player.
i could see that, i felt that way about white especially. i loved bush's feet though. this was around the time when steelers fans were desperately looking for "the next bettis" and there were ALWAYS duckett and white rumors. i liked what bush brought to the table so much more
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And truck the **** out of people, he does not.
lol he actually does truck people but never with the football. He's laid out many players while blocking including Haloti Ngata.

Of course he needed 10 yards of acceleration and players not paying attention.

McFadden loves contact but his lower body isn't suited for it yet.

Quote:
big time chicken legs. hes got willie parker syndrome. blazing straight line speed, not enough elusiveness or top notch vision, pretty poor receiver and knee/ankle problems
McFadden is a great receiver though.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good or bad Mcfadden at this point is completely irrelevant a sub reggie bush type of player

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Peterson (had him as the best overall player in his entire draft class...over Megatron, Thomas, Russell, etc. One of the few runningbacks ever worthy of being taken in the top 5 and he goes 7th overall haha)

2. Deangelo Williams
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Cedric Benson
5. Jonathan Stewart

Ronnie Brown?

Anyhow, either McFadden will be healthy for a season or he won't be and will bust through a failure to consistently see the field. Right now he's the kind of guy who can take a dump off or a screen pass and sprint 20 yards before the defense can react, but that's about it. He's not showing great vision and he absolutely sucks at running through tackles.

It's sad. I wanted him here and I thought he could be dominant (that game against KC his rookie year didn't hurt that conviction), but right now Bush is easily the more viable every down runner.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Ronnie Brown?

Anyhow, either McFadden will be healthy for a season or he won't be and will bust through a failure to consistently see the field. Right now he's the kind of guy who can take a dump off or a screen pass and sprint 20 yards before the defense can react, but that's about it. He's not showing great vision and he absolutely sucks at running through tackles.

It's sad. I wanted him here and I thought he could be dominant (that game against KC his rookie year didn't hurt that conviction), but right now Bush is easily the more viable every down runner.
I wasn't high on Brown, but it had more to do with me liking Cadillac more as a runner than anything. Cadillac pre-injury was one of the most fun runningbacks to watch. He was so fluid in his movements it was ridiculous.

******* Gruden ran him into the ground six weeks into his rookie season. Ugh.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cadillac was super fluid, but I think we've all forgotten Ronnie Brown's insane athleticism. Dude ran over college defenders like he was Bo Jackson and was awesome at the combine.

That was such a good duo of college tailbacks. Damn.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person who thinks that Darren McFadden's draft stock was overly inflated because of the "wildhog"? It was still a new concept, relatively, and it took college and the NFL by storm. Now it's newness has worn off and it isn't as dynamic as it once was. It emphasized his strengths and masked his weaknesses I feel.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

That is definitely the case. He got a lot of space up the middle at Arkansas as a result of the wildhog. That said, McFadden was still wildly successful as a I-back at Arkansas. He accelerated through the line as well as anyone in the nation at the time, he made his one cut consistently, and could stiff-arm any college DB without much concern. Both Oakland's inconsistency inside and his inability to stay healthy have given us very little to judge his ability to be that single deep back in the NFL.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Am I the only person who thinks that Darren McFadden's draft stock was overly inflated because of the "wildhog"? It was still a new concept, relatively, and it took college and the NFL by storm. Now it's newness has worn off and it isn't as dynamic as it once was. It emphasized his strengths and masked his weaknesses I feel.
I think it's just another case of a player with elite production and elite measureables whose game just doesn't quite translate to the NFL.

He really just needs to put some meat on those legs, and he'd be fine I think.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say that if anything, McFadden's draft stock was inflated due to Adrian Peterson's success as a rookie. The two were perpetually compared and/or linked during their respective college careers, and I think that after Peterson came to the NFL and blew up, people assumed that his college counterpart McFadden could have the same sort of dynamic effect on an offense. Of course, McFadden was never half the prospect that Peterson was, but I think that alot of revisionist history goes on surrounding the two. There was an "I Remember Adrian Peterson" movement for a reason...alot of people, especially on this board, never thought he would stay healthy. I remember around draft time the year after, many people liked McFadden better then Peterson as a prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think McFadden was worth a top 10 pick at the time, but I had no idea he'd be so unimpressive. I thought he would be a good RB, but it's the rare back that's worth a top 5-10 pick.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2. Deangelo Williams
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Cedric Benson
5. Jonathan Stewart

I'm a sucker for power backs. I was really, really down on Reggie Bush and McFadden (I liked Run DMC more than Reggie, though. Reggie's probably been my least favorite RB prospect ever).

I like me the power guys too, versatile doesnt hurt either.

I liked reggie but not really as a running back, more as a toy. i thought with a creative playcaller he could get the space hed need to make plays, but that as a traditional back hed be ok but not special.

1 J Stewart: animal, absolutely loved him
2 Peterson: also an animal but neve been big on tall rb's
3 Benson: dude was just solid
4 reggie: if used properly, more as a guy with equal catches/rush attempts
5 moreno: loved how angry he ran

To be fair though, i didnt rank a lot of guys because i never saw them. caddy, brown, d.williams, never saw them in college so i cant judge. i saw mcfadden at arkansas but was just never that blown away, looked kinda stiff to me, like a sprinter and not a runner idk.

for the future im liking Trent Richardson, reminds me a little of ricky williams with his power and speed at almost the same size.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely loved Cedric Benson at Texas. The guy was unreal. If Im ranking RBs going back to the 2005 draft, which you all seem to be doing, it would look something like...

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Cedric Benson
3. DeAngelo Williams
4. Johnathon Stewart
5. C.J Spiller
6. Beanie Wells

For what its worth, I thought Chris Johnson was going to be a huge bust. I thought the Titans were crazy for making that pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
I like me the power guys too, versatile doesnt hurt either.

I liked reggie but not really as a running back, more as a toy. i thought with a creative playcaller he could get the space hed need to make plays, but that as a traditional back hed be ok but not special.

1 J Stewart: animal, absolutely loved him
2 Peterson: also an animal but neve been big on tall rb's
3 Benson: dude was just solid
4 reggie: if used properly, more as a guy with equal catches/rush attempts
5 moreno: loved how angry he ran

To be fair though, i didnt rank a lot of guys because i never saw them. caddy, brown, d.williams, never saw them in college so i cant judge. i saw mcfadden at arkansas but was just never that blown away, looked kinda stiff to me, like a sprinter and not a runner idk.

for the future im liking Trent Richardson, reminds me a little of ricky williams with his power and speed at almost the same size.
i loved reggie....i still kinda love reggie since he shafted USC, i always thought he should have put his start RB ego aside and come out as a WR...hopefully we see the same reggie we saw in the playoffs this season.

i loved stewart, thought he was the closest thing to LT since LT, just great in all aspects. power, speed, blocking, receiving...he did it all
Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think of past RB's my list as prospects would be something like this:

1. Raymell Rice- none of you can argue that I had him #1. Homerism wins out!
2. Caddy- Like YFS said, watching him run was just a treat
3. Ronnie Brown- honestly, he and Caddy are 2a and 2b. Loved watching these guys do what they do.
4. Adrian Peterson- wasn't a HUGE fan, but I realized he was just gonna be flat out good.
5. J-Stew- I posted all the time saying he was the 1b to Raymell for me in that draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Chris Johnson coming out but even I couldn't have imagined he'd be this good.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I absolutely loved Cedric Benson at Texas. The guy was unreal. If Im ranking RBs going back to the 2005 draft, which you all seem to be doing, it would look something like...

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Cedric Benson
3. DeAngelo Williams
4. Johnathon Stewart
5. C.J Spiller
6. Beanie Wells

For what its worth, I thought Chris Johnson was going to be a huge bust. I thought the Titans were crazy for making that pick.
i would go

Peterson
Stewart
Reggie
Lynch (loved him)
Benson
Mendenhall

idk where michael bush would have fell if he didnt get injured, i did at one point have him over peterson so who knows

chris johnson out of ECU was fast, weak and had little girl hands....no one thought hed be as good as he is. he was a poor man reggie bush, not reggie as a prospect, reggie as an established disappointment

Last edited by K Train : 08-31-2010 at 03:57 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hilarious! After most of this board had a raging boner for Marshawn Lynch (many, many, many had him over Peterson) that only the guy who joined in 2010 has him as one of his favorite "prospects." This thread has more revision than you can shake a stick at.

Anyway mine:

1. Carnell Williams
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cedric Benson

1. Reggie Bush
2. Laurence Maroney
3. Joseph Addai
4. DeAngelo Williams
5. Maurice Jones-Drew
6. LenDale White

I was way off this year. The forum definitely had a DeAngelo Williams man-crush.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Marshawn Lynch

I never had to join "I Remember Adrian Peterson" because I never fell for the Marshawn Lynch trap.

1. Rashard Mendenhall
2. Darren McFadden
3. Jonathan Stewart
4. Matt Forte
5. Felix Jones

I was huge on the Mendenhall is no. 1 camp. I thought McFadden would be good, but not great and I was skeptical of Jonathan Stewart.

Last edited by Shiver : 08-31-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't that many Shiver. There were a handful of Lynch guys, but the vast majority still liked Peterson better.

EDIT: There is more revisionist history in regards to McFadden/Peterson than there is to Lynch/Peterson.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was a fair amount of Lynch love. we're going in the wayy back machine here if we're bringing back Caddy and Ronnie.
but yea, Raymell <3
i'm sorry, I just can't help it, i've got problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
It wasn't that many Shiver. There were a handful of Lynch guys, but the vast majority still liked Peterson better.

EDIT: There is more revisionist history in regards to McFadden/Peterson than there is to Lynch/Peterson.

I seem to remember it being 50-50. The injuries were a concern, but also people didn't like his tall upright running style. They loved Lynch's body type, his physicality and his pass catching. He was more of the "pro" back.

McFadden/Peterson was something too. Mel Kiper and everyone here had McFadden as the better pro prospect; then, Adrian Peterson got 296 yards against the Chargers and literally everyone rewrote their prognostications on Peterson. Then the next year everyone pretended that Peterson was the vastly superior prospect all along. BS.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Lynch to fall to the Packers in '07 more than anything because I knew it was unrealistic that Peterson would. I probably talked more about Lynch for that sole fact but in my eyes, Peterson was clearly a better prospect.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote