Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing that Peterson was the one with durability concerns and yet it has been McFadden whose career has been ruined by them.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I seem to remember it being 50-50. The injuries were a concern, but also people didn't like his tall upright running style. They loved Lynch's body type, his physicality and his pass catching. He was more of the "pro" back.

McFadden/Peterson was something too. Mel Kiper and everyone here had McFadden as the better pro prospect; then, Adrian Peterson got 296 yards against the Chargers and literally everyone rewrote their prognostications on Peterson. Then the next year everyone pretended that Peterson was the vastly superior prospect all along. BS.
I remember this, and I thought it was one of the more asinine collective opinions this board has ever had.

For whatever reason, this board can't differentiate between freak injuries and being injury prone. Beanie Wells caught the same "injury prone" rap as Peterson, when the only injury he suffered was a high ankle sprain that hampered him in his junior campaign. People on this board would lead you to believe that Fred Taylor is an ironman compared to those two coming out.

I was sold on Peterson five games into his freshman year at Oklahoma. Dude was leg pressing over 1000 lbs with one leg as an 18 year old kid. He's one of the few guys ever who could have made the jump straight to the NFL.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my beefs with this forum is how users throw out the "Well, everyone liked this prospect! But I was the smart one and liked the other guy all along!"

Well, it's a message board, we have proof. Instead of just generally saying "everyone felt this way", link up some threads that actually confirm that "everyone felt that way".

And for the record, when you're comparing two draft prospects there's always going to be a minority (either large or big) that elevates the #2 or #3 consensus prospect and declares that he's better. It's just the nature of the game. Toonster (who I haven't seen in a while) was notorious for this.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amazing that Peterson was the one with durability concerns and yet it has been McFadden whose career has been ruined by them.
It just shows what a crapshoot injury predictions are unless there's a sound medical reason.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
One of my beefs with this forum is how users throw out the "Well, everyone liked this prospect! But I was the smart one and liked the other guy all along!"

Well, it's a message board, we have proof. Instead of just generally saying "everyone felt this way", link up some threads that actually confirm that "everyone felt that way".

And for the record, when you're comparing two draft prospects there's always going to be a minority (either large or big) that elevates the #2 or #3 consensus prospect and declares that he's better. It's just the nature of the game. Toonster (who I haven't seen in a while) was notorious for this.
The draft forum only goes back to 2009. The NFL forum goes back to 2006.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I could only find two old posts I made about McFadden, and they were both about how I thought Jonathan Stewart was better. And both of those were in the College Football thread. I wasn't really posting as much that in that 07-08 timeframe, though.

I want to read 2006 stuff with Moses telling anyone who would listen that Reggie Bush was Gale Sayers/Marshall Faulk combined into one prospect and was a sure-fire Hall of Famer.

I will say, though, that more people than I remembered thought McFadden was overrated as a prospect.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I loved the hell out of DeAngelo Williams. I remember being so bummed out when the Panthers took about 6 seconds to pick him.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Man, I loved the hell out of DeAngelo Williams. I remember being so bummed out when the Panthers took about 6 seconds to pick him.
ME TOOOOOOOOO. Gah, I had such a huge mancrush on him and Jonathan Stewart, and the Panthers got both of them.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...arren+mcfadden

There is your link. McFadden got just as much love as Adrian Peterson did. I like these threads because I was in the Peterson > McFadden > Bush camp. It wasn't a consensus, but the numbers were pretty evenly split.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah, I could only find two old posts I made about McFadden, and they were both about how I thought Jonathan Stewart was better. And both of those were in the College Football thread. I wasn't really posting as much that in that 07-08 timeframe, though.

I want to read 2006 stuff with Moses telling anyone who would listen that Reggie Bush was Gale Sayers/Marshall Faulk combined into one prospect and was a sure-fire Hall of Famer.

I will say, though, that more people than I remembered thought McFadden was overrated as a prospect.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...mario+williams

Still not old enough. There are no records of the immediate, after the draft discussions. Argh. Those were classic.

Last edited by Shiver : 08-31-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can use Google sitesearch. I've found threads in the draft forum from 06.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There is your link. McFadden got just as much love as Adrian Peterson did. I like these threads because I was in the Peterson > McFadden > Bush camp. It wasn't a consensus, but the numbers were pretty evenly split.
lol so glad I'm there on the first page calling McFadden a 'faster Deuce McCallister'. I swear I've been right about a lot of prospects, guys. Guys?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
lol so glad I'm there on the first page calling McFadden a 'faster Deuce McCallister'. I swear I've been right about a lot of prospects, guys. Guys?
ChargerCohen made that claim!

You shouldn't take credit for other people's work, CC.SD!

CAN'T FOOL ME! NOT THESE EYES! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

It's ok. I was dead wrong about Laurence Maroney. I liked him a lot.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
ChargerCohen made that claim!

You shouldn't take credit for other people's work, CC.SD!

CAN'T FOOL ME! NOT THESE EYES! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
You can't prove any of these allegations TH!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hilarious! After most of this board had a raging boner for Marshawn Lynch (many, many, many had him over Peterson) that only the guy who joined in 2010 has him as one of his favorite "prospects." This thread has more revision than you can shake a stick at.
honestly i forgot they were the same year, after so many years i just lump guys together on how much i liked/didnt like them as prospects vs what they are and how they did in the pros. hated revis, loved lynch....it happens. favorite prospect ever is still calvin johnson....i loved that man so much i refuse to compare other WRs to him as a prospect lol

anyway i never had lynch over peterson, but i loved lynch as a work horse and as a receiving back....it just looked so good at cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite from those threads are the people claiming that DMC was better because he was going to be less injury prone on a pro level..... D'oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he doesnt produce this year, I expect him to get the same fate as JaMarcus and get cut

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These links are embarrassing.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I seem to remember it being 50-50. The injuries were a concern, but also people didn't like his tall upright running style. They loved Lynch's body type, his physicality and his pass catching. He was more of the "pro" back.

McFadden/Peterson was something too. Mel Kiper and everyone here had McFadden as the better pro prospect; then, Adrian Peterson got 296 yards against the Chargers and literally everyone rewrote their prognostications on Peterson. Then the next year everyone pretended that Peterson was the vastly superior prospect all along. BS.
I don't think it was quite 50-50, but the Lynch fans were really vocal about it to make it seem like there were more. It was pretty sizable, sizable enough to make us wear those boss "I remember Adrian Peterson" avatars. I always remembered Adrian Peterson and had him as my #1 player that year(right ahead of Jamarcus... lol). I did expect McFadden and Lynch to be better than they've been though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Haha, great digging

*checks to make sure I actually was in the AD camp and wasn't misremembering things*

phew.

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
DG is closet a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Hahahaha, Moses made all Canadians looks bad.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy poop, TOONSTER called McFadden a better prospect.

Quote:
My opinion hasn't really changed in that, I think, prospect value wise, McFadden's the best in recent memory. I like him better than Peterson. That said, there's a whole year of film to go through, so we'll see if anything changes my mind this year.
Ouch.

AD has given me erections since Palestine.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

To be fair (I have a vested interest, because I said the exact same thing in the first response of the first link), McFadden went earlier in his respective draft and while there was more dissenting opinion on McFadden, those who loved him had him rated very very high.

This all depends on whether you recognize the difference between prospect quality and prospect value. The latter is trying to figure out who is generally the better rated. That said, considering how much better Peterson has been, there's not much to defend there.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Holy poop, TOONSTER called McFadden a better prospect.

Ouch.

AD has given me erections since Palestine.
Toon wasn't very high on Peterson for some reason. He was also one of the guys who had Marshawn Lynch rated higher.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote