Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
or a certain other poster calling him the best running back of all time, pre-draft.

god i hated that draft year. not only did it suck listening to everyone hug bush's nuts, but then there were the legion vince fans, too.
I was an Insta-Vince fan. That performance, controversial or not, was simply disgusting. One of my few bandwagon moments, as I didn't like him before that.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
I was an Insta-Vince fan. That performance, controversial or not, was simply disgusting. One of my few bandwagon moments, as I didn't like him before that.
Me too. That game got me on this site, I wanted to find out what kind of pro prospect VY was.

Then as soon as we drafted Cutler I turned against Vince. Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Me too. That game got me on this site, I wanted to find out what kind of pro prospect VY was.

Then as soon as we drafted Cutler I turned against Vince. Ha.
And look what that got you. Cutler on the Bears...
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And look what that got you. Cutler on the Bears...
Works for me.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Sadly, I am one of the people who think that lamb would probably have a better NFL career than Tebow.

But, all the luck in the world to ya, champ.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or a certain other poster calling him the best running back of all time, pre-draft.

god i hated that draft year. not only did it suck listening to everyone hug bush's nuts, but then there were the legion vince fans, too.
Not even to mention the clusterfuck that was Houston's announcement on Williams.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sadly, I am one of the people who think that lamb would probably have a better NFL career than Tebow.

But, all the luck in the world to ya, champ.
And both of them will have a better career then Cutler. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Toon wasn't very high on Peterson for some reason. He was also one of the guys who had Marshawn Lynch rated higher.

That would explain why there were so many Lynch fans. Toonster was very persuasive in his arguments. I thought that he was one of the heretics but I wasn't sure.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What?! You don't pass on Reggie Bush! He is Gale Sayers incarnate! This is Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan all over again.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
That would explain why there were so many Lynch fans. Toonster was very persuasive in his arguments. I thought that he was one of the heretics but I wasn't sure.
Well, at the end everyone took what he said as religion, instead of realizing it's football. Even the BEST analysts are wrong like 30% of the time, never mind us football posters.

Toonster knew his ish, but damn, think for yourself.

Didn't it turn out in the end that he wasn't asian? He had me tricked with the Wu, tell you that much.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Works for me.

Dont even try to act like your happy about how things turned out. Thats annoying
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, at the end everyone took what he said as religion, instead of realizing it's football. Even the BEST analysts are wrong like 30% of the time, never mind us football posters.

Toonster knew his ish, but damn, think for yourself.

Didn't it turn out in the end that he wasn't asian? He had me tricked with the Wu, tell you that much.
Toonster really is asian.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I miss him. He wasn't afraid to really challenge conventional wisdom.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Toonster really is asian.
I couldn't remember if it turned out he was, or if it was the other way... Far too long ago.

Either way, too bad he stopped posting. I liked how 90% of his posts were like a page long of reasoning.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Dont even try to act like your happy about how things turned out. Thats annoying
It's not that I'm happy or unhappy, it's just that there's no sense in dwelling on what has already happened. You have to look towards the future and what is there now.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not that I'm happy or unhappy, it's just that there's no sense in dwelling on what has already happened. You have to look towards the future and what is there now.
ok ok haha respect
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I couldn't remember if it turned out he was, or if it was the other way... Far too long ago.

Either way, too bad he stopped posting. I liked how 90% of his posts were like a page long of reasoning.
Dude, I remember how he wrote a ******* 5000 word essay on here about how inaccurate a portrayal 300 was of the Battle of Thermopylae haha.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think DMC could be hugely successful in a better situation. Staying in Oakland just re-inforces the bad habits he's started to develop. I liked pretty much that entire class but IMO DMC had, and still has the highest potential. Put him behind Tennessee's OL from day one and I think DMC could've been even more dangerous than CJ2K.

As for AD I do remember a lot of people being worried about his upright running and the injury concerns that stemmed from that. Still I don't think he's the best RB in the NFL. Stephen Jackson deserves that honor because if he had an offense around him like AD has, he'd have himself 2000+ rushing + receiving yards a season.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I still think DMC could be hugely successful in a better situation. Staying in Oakland just re-inforces the bad habits he's started to develop. I liked pretty much that entire class but IMO DMC had, and still has the highest potential. Put him behind Tennessee's OL from day one and I think DMC could've been even more dangerous than CJ2K.

As for AD I do remember a lot of people being worried about his upright running and the injury concerns that stemmed from that. Still I don't think he's the best RB in the NFL. Stephen Jackson deserves that honor because if he had an offense around him like AD has, he'd have himself 2000+ rushing + receiving yards a season.
I agree with this mostly.

I honestly think RBs are like 80-90% made by the o-line.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know A LOT of people loved DMC, but I also thought a lot of people said that 4 was too high for him, and he was being drafted based on how much of an impact AD had as a rookie.

I also thought for sure Beanie Wells would have had a bigger cult following too.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loving what I am seeing from McFadden 2 games into this season. 2nd in rushing yards to Arian Foster who had that 1 great game. If he stays healthy he could hold off Michael Bush and be our #1 guy

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And both of them will have a better career then Cutler. ;)
nom nom nom , eat the crow

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For your consideration...
Old 09-21-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McFadden is finally getting it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Legend234
Rookie

Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.

people can say they didn't think McFadden would pan out because he had skinny legs and they go dead on contact, but he still tore up the SEC more so than any running back in recent memory on an average team. As a prosepct he was special and it's not hard to believe that people liked him more than Peterson if you forget about what you know about each of them now.

Mike Mayock was trying to bring McFadden down so much leading up to the draft. At one point he showed a clip of him running for a td with chad jones gaining on him and he said the player gaining on him was lb Ali Highsmith, trying to make the point that he can't be that fast if an lb who runs 4.9 is gaining on him.
Legend234 is offline   Reply With Quote