Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I think McFadden's recent success shows that his problem wasn't a thin lower body, it was having a thin lower body + not keeping his pad level down. In his game against the Rams where he put up 145 and was giving defenders real big shots when they took him down, Jon Lynch was commenting how high McFadden had run when he entered the league and that he looked completely different.

To be fair, McFadden still won't run through tons of tackles, but he's breaking more arm tackles and is cutting way better (that's probably more to do with having healthy legs rather than a pad level thing).

+1.

Seems like when a top RB prospect has struggles, people want to make it seem way worse than it is, like they are unfixable.

though, QBs, it's always the position they were put in.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McFadden's just been doing what I hoped he'd do immediately upon arrival: picking a hole, staying low and making one big cut, and then accelerating. I was never expecting him to be the kind of player who juked defenders, that's not his game.

That said, his struggles the last two years haven't diminished his considerable talent. At this pace, he's going to have eclipsed his previous best in rushing yards by week 5. It's not like Oakland's offensive line is good (like...at all). They don't even have Gallery right now, who's the only guy even remotely capable of steam rolling defenders (unless the team wises up and moves Walker to guard).

He's capable of being such a good one-cut runner. Here's hoping he can stay healthy.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he's a great player, I'd like to see him keep healthy too. I'd love to snag Michael Bush off you guys too, so lets do something with that.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny that McFadden looks like a skinny WR playing RB, his body just doesn't look right at RB.

Great start to the year for him, hope he can keep it up as the Raiders need all the help they can get!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Health. That's still my biggest concern with him, not talent. If he's still going strong by week 8 I'll be impressed, hell I felt he could have been doing this as a rookie if he wasn't banged up so often. He's getting more carries and touches now, let's see if he can stay durable though at least half of a season.

I don't think he will stay healthy, and I bet when he does get banged up, or injured, someone will say it's a freak injury and he's not injury prone. I really like what he's done so far this season, but his lower body is still skinny and will lead to injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 09-30-2010 at 04:47 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:23 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really not about his lower half being thin. Look at CJ or JCharles, proportionately similar to DM or really any of the successful taller angular backs. He's simply not strong or maby saying he doesn't run with leverage is more approp.-but he leaves alot of yards out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
You're contradicting yourself, because our offensive line, particularly our run blocking, is what is subpar. What McFadden has done so far this season is remarkable, and it's all a credit to him. I'm willing to bet that neither Michael Bush, Ahmad Bradshaw, or even Beanie Wells could outproduce him under similar circumstances. It doesn't take very long for his sublime talent to jump off the screen. The guy can do it ALL (and that even means lay out a nasty block from time to time).
I was under the impression that the one thing the Raiders line could do, was run block. In any case, I've seen a bit of DM this season and he looks more decisive and physical, obviously healthy, and getting a chance to show his speed at the second level. But as I see it, a shiftier back capable of breaking the first tackler or making him miss would be racking up even more yards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
Top caliber back...Bradshaw...B.Wells.

Was all that in one sentence or was it a series of run-ons ##%@!@#% me?
Yea I'd say Wells and Bradshaw are in top ten of most talented backs in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 09-30-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
It's really not about his lower half being thin. Look at CJ or JCharles, proportionately similar to DM or really any of the successful taller angular backs. He's simply not strong or maby saying he doesn't run with leverage is more approp.-but he leaves alot of yards out there.

I was under the impression that the one thing the Raiders line could do, was run block. In any case, I've seen a bit of DM this season and he looks more decisive and physical, obviously healthy, and getting a chance to show his speed at the second level. But as I see it, a shiftier back capable of breaking the first tackler or making him miss would be racking up even more yards.

Yea I'd say Wells and Bradshaw are in top ten of most talented backs in the league.
Stephen Jackson
Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson

MJD
Ray Rice
Frank Gore
Jamal Charles
DeAngelo Williams
Reshard Mendenhall
Ricky Williams

There's 10 backs better than Beanie for sure and better than Ahmad as well, although Ahmad is around this area and could conceivably surpass some of those guys this year as he has a lot of MJD in him, without quite so much deep speed.

If you want me to keep going though Jonathon Stewart, Fred Jackson, Run DMC, Michael Turner, Felix Jones and Cedric Benson are guys I'd take before Beanie for now and each of them has somewhat of a case on Ahmad as well.

And I'm a giants fan who loves watching Ahmad run, he's so insanely tough to take down because he runs low, he runs super hard and he really bounces off of tacklers. His biggest problem is he'll fight for that extra yard every time, which means there will be times were he's being held up and instead of going down he'll be trying to push his way forward so that other defenders can run up and strip the ball. So I'm not going to say Ahmad isn't a stud, but he's not clearly a top 10 RB at this point.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-30-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:15 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Really???

Adrian Peterson
Steven Jackson
Chris Johnson
MJD
Ray Rice
Cedric Benson
Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Michael Turner
Jamaal Charles
Thomas Jones
Deangelo Williams
Jonathon Stewart
Frank Gore
Marion Barber
Felix Jones
Darren McFadden

Those are in no order and im not specifically saying all are better and/or more talented than Beanie or Bradshaw but I could comfortably pick at least 10 who I would be happy to definitively say are

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pulled a hammy :( Still tied for 3rd in the league in rushing. Hopefully he can bounce back

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Really???

Adrian Peterson
Steven Jackson
Chris Johnson
MJD
Ray Rice
Cedric Benson
Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams
Marshawn Lynch

Fred Jackson
Michael Turner
Jamaal Charles
Thomas Jones
Deangelo Williams
Jonathon Stewart
Frank Gore
Marion Barber
Felix Jones

Darren McFadden

Those are in no order and im not specifically saying all are better and/or more talented than Beanie or Bradshaw but I could comfortably pick at least 10 who I would be happy to definitively say are
Really? I don't know about that.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Really? I don't know about that.
Ricky Williams definitely and Fred Jackson over Beanie but not Ahmad.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Health. That's still my biggest concern with him, not talent. If he's still going strong by week 8 I'll be impressed, let's see if he can stay durable though at least half of a season.

I don't think he will stay healthy, and I bet when he does get banged up, or injured, someone will say it's a freak injury and he's not injury prone. I really like what he's done so far this season, but his lower body is still skinny and will lead to injuries.

Well, he couldn't even make it 8 games into the season, looks like he'll miss another game and I guarantee when he does return it'll be another nagging injury that follows.

I think he's shown he has the talent to play, but you can't expect to play RB if your going to be on the shelf every handful of games.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with D-mac back from injury I think Bush gets more carries.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Even with D-mac back from injury I think Bush gets more carries.
I read somewhere that every time the Raiders have given Michael Bush at least 14 touches, he's averaged like 18 fantasy points per game. I didn't like him at all as a prospect, but he does nothing but produce. Dude needs to get the ball.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I read somewhere that every time the Raiders have given Michael Bush at least 14 touches, he's averaged like 18 fantasy points per game. I didn't like him at all as a prospect, but he does nothing but produce. Dude needs to get the ball.
Yup, we just seem to not like giving him the ball or that we are so far behind we cant run the ball.

I expect Bush to get the bulk of the carries this Sunday, even though DMC is expected to play. Bush with around 15 carries and DMC around 10 sounds fine with me. Plus DMC in the passing game is deadly

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good of a game this this guy have yesterday! That run where he shot out the stiff arm and took it to the house. Great play. Happy to see he's doing well. Sometimes it just takes guys a little longer to come around.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously, he's all the elite talent, he was touted to be. Problem will just be staying healthy. Sky is the limit.

Showing why I would have traded Dallas' whole draft for him a few years ago. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That one 57-yard run was the first time I saw McFadden look just like he did at Arkansas. One little cut behind the line then he just strode through that defense with a few route adjustments and a good stiff arm.

The real news with McFadden this year has been his pad level (he's running through tackles and making defenders pay for sitting in his way) and his agility. He made a lot of defenders miss yesterday, more than he probably made miss his entire first two years in the NFL.

Also, he's 2nd in the NFL in RYPG right now. Yeah.

edit - In case anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-ra...den-highlights
Old 10-25-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I'd still rather take Jenkins and Felix over him(even though I wanted CJ bad as ever) but we would have been in shambles not picking up an elite corner that year. It would have made sense if we didn't have any other immediate needs at the time but CB was one of them because Anthony Henry was garbage truck juice and Newman was/is always getting hurt.

I think DMac can be one of the best in the league, but I'd make a bet with anyone here he missed multiple games from this point on for one thing or another. But exciting part is he looks worth that pick, and like he belongs as a true RB.

Bush has never looked the part of an elite RB, just a great skill player and effective if used properly, McFadden can be a dominant actual RB and his skills translated pretty good.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 10-25-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'd still rather take Jenkins and Felix over him(even though I wanted CJ bad as ever) but we would have been in shambles not picking up an elite corner that year. It would have made sense if we didn't have any other immediate needs at the time but CB was one of them because Anthony Henry was garbage truck juice and Newman was/is always getting hurt.

I think DMac can be one of the best in the league, but I'd make a bet with anyone here he missed multiple games from this point on for one thing or another.
Well...I knew trading for D-MAC was a fantasy, we didnt have the fire power to make that move. I'm sure you remember me screaming for both Felix and Jenkins leading up to the draft. So, it worked out ideally for me anyway. I liked CJ, just didnt think he'd end up like so. lol. I didnt prefer his game to Jones' at all. But yeah, I was ecstatic at how things played out. I didnt hate the Bennett pick in round 2, but felt we could have def. went elsewhere. Pretty much the standard opinion on that pick. That was a fantastic draft, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ya my boy DMC is the real deal. So happy with what I saw yesterday from him and the whole team. Stay healthy, and you will be a top 5 RB in this league for awhile. He turned 23 in August.... this guy has alot of years left

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 10-25-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how our rush D will stack up against McFadden. Dude is a straight beast. I'm worried about playing him.

Not to mention the fact that we get to play him twice a year for at least the next 5-7 years. Hooray. ;)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree to some degree, but Bush is a bit underrated because few people have seen his good games. He's not explosive like McFadden, but he's very agile for his size, is a great receiver, very powerful inside runner, gives an amazing second effort after contact, and is a great blocker in the backfield. He's like a poor man's Steven Jackson in a lot of ways. If McFadden had never managed to make it on the field consistently, I would have had no issue with Bush being Oakland's top runner.

If he makes it to the free agency market after this year, he should be a hot commodity.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well...I knew trading for D-MAC was a fantasy, we didnt have the fire power to make that move. I'm sure you remember me screaming for both Felix and Jenkins leading up to the draft. So, it worked out ideally for me anyway. I liked CJ, just didnt think he'd end up like so. lol. I didnt prefer his game to Jones' at all. But yeah, I was ecstatic at how things played out. I didnt hate the Bennett pick in round 2, but felt we could have def. went elsewhere. Pretty much the standard opinion on that pick. That was a fantastic draft, though.

Well, two 1st and a 2nd would have been easily enough right? Had we known we would have gotten Bennett in the 2nd I'da been up for it but that's purely hindsight especially considering if we did it we would have been talking about guys like Desean Jackson and Jamaal Charles going in that range.

I felt he would be good, but did I think he would be just on another level, or tier above Felix, Chris Johnson, and Jamaal Charles? And enough to miss out on Brandon Flowers or Mike Jenkins? That was the big thing. I'm sure we could have made it work, but considering how unhealthy DMac has been his entire career, and how bad of shape we would have been in by missing out a CB it would have been a huge disaster.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh how i wish we would have taken Jamaal Charles instead of Felix Jones. *sighs*