Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Just how good is New Orleans???

I like them a lot but I just noticed that their SOS for their 1st 6 games is the worst in the NFL standing at a .404 winning percentage for their opponents. They are beating teams easily but outside of the Giants they really haven't played anybody. .404 is by a large margin, the easiest schedule in the league and we might not get a true picture of this team till the playoffs simular to Tennessee last year. Tennessee had one of the weakest SOS last year in the NFL which carried them to the playoffs but drew a very tough schedule this year. Think schedule makes a difference for teams???

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 10-29-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I still have questions about this team, but they are getting answered more and more after every week.

I think the schedule doesn't look good now but we played a lot of our opponents at challenging times... for instance we played the Eagles in Week 2 after their dominating win over Carolina, the Jets when we played them were 3-0, the Giants 5-0.

and for some reason after we beat most of the teams we play they go into a funky losing streak after their loss to us.. the Jets went on a 2 game losing skid, the Giants lost to the Cardinals after their loss to us.

Last edited by Auron : 10-29-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints are for real. I can't wait for them to play the Falcons in what is going to be a really crucial game for both teams.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're the real deal. I am a bit concerned about their run D. Miami dominated them with the power running game,but got away from it which cost them the game.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They whupped up on the Giants, a top 5 team in the league IMO, what else more do you need to know??

If the Saints D can hold up and avoid injuries, this could be a magical season in the Big Easy.

I'd love to see them matched up against the Vikes in the NFC championship game and the Steelers in the SB.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharper brings an edge to their backfield that hasn't existed in NO for years. They made changes everywhere on D over the last 2 seasons and it's looking rude.

They are very good. I completely agree with Auron - the Saints have been playing good teams when they were hot. The SOS is inaccurate in this case.

The NFC South has the toughest schedule in the league this year being matched up with the AFC & NFC East and their own division is generally strong. They get down weeks courtesy of Tampa & Carolina, Washington & Buffalo.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SOS in midseason isn't a good indicator because those teams the Saints beat have a low winning percentage, in part, because they played the Saints.

With as many bad teams there are this year I'd say the Saints' record is more legit than the Colts and a bit less than the Broncos. I'm saying that as a Colts fan. The Eagles, Jets, and Dolphins games are quality wins for NO. The Colts top 3 quality opponent wins are AZ, JAX, and Miami. The Broncos top 3 are CIN, NE, and Dallas, and they also beat SD on the road which is worth mentioning.

The Miami game might raise some questions about the defense, but Miami also gave the Colts a handful of a game, they look like a good, tough team that just can't finish a game.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So good that they should take it easy on Monday night. No reason to dominate my Falcons like I'm afraid they might. :(
Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldn't worry so much about the run defense because of miami. they can run on anybody. right now i think drew brees (and peyton manning) will win every game until he has an off game. there is just no way another team can compete with that offense for 4 quarters.

colts are probably the only team i can think of who can line up and beat them right now on paper. the falcons have a great offense, but are too weak on defense.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
They're the real deal. I am a bit concerned about their run D. Miami dominated them with the power running game,but got away from it which cost them the game.
Miami ran all over the Colts yet no one was concerned whenever the Colts won in a close won. The Dolphins are a strong team, definitely the toughest out of all of the two loss teams, and have played everyone tough so far.

I'm not ready to get out the anointing oil yet but they look good, damn good. I had several questions about the team coming into the season. How would Jabari Greer fit into a man-to-man scheme? Does Darren Sharper have any gas left in the tank? Are we going to force feed Reggie Bush the ball like we his first three seasons? Will Will Smith and Charles Grant show flashes of what they used to be? Will our outside linebacker play hold up?

So far, at least for me, all of those questions have been answered. While this is only six games into the season, this defense is playing with an aggressive swagger that I haven't seen since the Dome Patrol era. Everyone knew the Saints offense was powerful, we have led the league in most offensive statistics since Sean Payton's arrival, but it was the defense that was the problem. While we still have question marks and could use upgrades at certain positions on D (OLB, DT, SS) but they have been impressive so far.

Many talking heads were saying that the Saints would be extremely dangerous if they had a middle of the road defense. Right now, we have an 11th ranked defense and everyone sees how good that has made the offense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my actual contribution to the thread:

The Saints made great halftime adjustments against the Dolphins. If you take away a 68 yard run by Ricky, the Saints held us to something like 77 yards in 33 carries. I was sadly impressed by their defense in the second half.

That being said, they still should have lost the game. The refs blew a call at the end of the half which, instead of having time expire, allowed the Saints time to at least get their field goal unit on the field. Sparano then called a timeout which was a mistake, and allowed them to score a touchdown. Should've been no points, but gave the Saints 3 and an opportunity for 7. There is also the ridiculous call on the Sharper return.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...per-fumble.jpg
Old 10-29-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I like them a lot but I just noticed that their SOS for their 1st 6 games is the worst in the NFL standing at a .404 winning percentage for their opponents. They are beating teams easily but outside of the Giants they really haven't played anybody. .404 is by a large margin, the easiest schedule in the league and we might not get a true picture of this team till the playoffs simular to Tennessee last year. Tennessee had one of the weakest SOS last year in the NFL which carried them to the playoffs but drew a very tough schedule this year. Think schedule makes a difference for teams???
I think you have a good point, but only time will tell.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl contender

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees has 1 playoff win in 7 years as a starter. So if anyone is going to tell me that they are going to win the SB, then... good luck with that.

This is what I say... "Show me"
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Drew Brees has 1 playoff win in 7 years as a starter. So if anyone is going to tell me that they are going to win the SB, then... good luck with that.

This is what I say... "Show me"
I think they certainly are good enough to win the SB. The playoffs are full of good teams that should have a decent chance of winning the whole thing. Ya'know, aside from the West divisions.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was their SOS in the start of the season?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

their schedule was determined by a formula years ago except for two of their games, so saying this years tough schedule is due to last years success is not true, it was largely determined long before.

SOS in general is a relative statistic, hard to even put a value on at the end of the year. The Saints beat the Giants so their SOS avg. went up, but the Giants hadnt played anyone with a legit record (and neither had the Saints), so the Saints only 'big' win (that pulled their SOS up) was over a team whos beaten no one special, just proving how skewed a stat SOS is.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off-topic, but Miami's had a beast of a schedule. They're 2-4 after playing Atl, Indy, SD, Buf, Jets, Saints. That's a murderer's row schedule. They've played the Colts & Saints as close as any team has this year.

They've still got NE twice, & Pitt, but aside from that, they might have 10-6 ahead of them.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty scary good. Their offense is a well oiled machine during most weeks with Brees' opening up the run game and executing nearly flawlessly himself in the passing game. The biggest reason for their turn around though, has to be because of their aggressive pass defense. No longer do they play soft coverages and vanilla schemes that allowed for opposing QBs to have field days, even if the run game was contained (as a rookie, Ryan completed 70% of his passes with 10.0 YPA and a 113.9 QB rating in 2 games against the Saints even though Turner averaged 3.5 YPC). This new defense seems to be attacking QBs and forcing them into making bad decisions.

Despite all of this however, I think we have to take into account who the Saints D has played. Stafford (first start), Kolb (first start), Sanchez (3rd start), Edwards (20-30 starts), E. Manning (70+) and Chad Henne (2nd start). Because of that, I only see 1 impressive defensive output, and that was limiting Eli Manning and their passing offense. An aggressive and attacking scheme does wonders against young QBs, but what happens when the Saints begin to play smarter and more experienced QBs (for the record, E. Manning's comp. % dropped by 8 and his QB rating dropped by 12 when blitzed last year. he is posting similar numbers against the blitz this year)? What happens to the blitzes when they have to play Matt Ryan (whose comp. % goes up by 3% and QB rating goes up by 25 points during blitzes, compared to his overall statistics), Tom Brady, Brett Favre, or other veteran, savvy QBs? I still think that the New Orleans' defense has the potential to be exposed, and though it may not happen when the Falcons go to New Orleans on Monday, but it could provide to be the Achilles heel for this team later on in the season (which is by no means 'bad.' the improvement they have made in terms of pass defense is tremendous for 1 season).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The X factor for the NO Defense is Gregg Williams and why I doubt they ever will be 'exposed'.

He's going to scheme for whoever the opponent is, and if his players execute, the Saints will get results all year long on defesnse.

The Skins were a top 5 D the last few years because of Williams as their Dcoordinator IMO, and less so because of raw talent, especially along the front four.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the saints sos wont go up much though. the remaining schedule has all the division games which means to tough games against atlanta and a tough road game against carolina but nothing crazy. They also host the cowboys and the patriots and will visit the rams and the skins.
lets say the saints win both games against tampa, 1 against carolina and atlanta and against the skins and rams. That would mean they do okay from now on but nothing special and the saints will still go into the postseason with a 12-4 record and probably a bye.
I dont know if the saints are a great team. I feel like they could very well be and I really hope so. What I do know is that they are a good team that wins when they get in front and has the fight to come back in a game.

Besides that I dont know where you got the number but:
Giants 5-2
Eagles 4-2
Jets 4-3
Bills 3-4
Dolpins 2-4
Lions 1-5
Combines to 19-20.

You might have mixed up the numbers of the schedule up till know with the SoS of the entire season.
Falcons x2 = 8-4
Panthers x2= 4-8
Tampa x2 = 0-14
Rams = 0-7
Skins = 2-5
Pats = 5-2
Cowboys= 4-2
combined= 23-42
+ 29-30
42-62 (there is the 0.404 SoS)

So I dont know where you are getting your numbers from but they dont add up

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin

Last edited by wicket : 10-29-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: UKFan acutally can add up numbers
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
the saints sos wont go up much though. the remaining schedule has all the division games which means to tough games against atlanta and a tough road game against carolina but nothing crazy. They also host the cowboys and the patriots and will visit the rams and the skins.
lets say the saints win both games against tampa, 1 against carolina and atlanta and against the skins and rams. That would mean they do okay from now on but nothing special and the saints will still go into the postseason with a 12-4 record and probably a bye.
I dont know if the saints are a great team. I feel like they could very well be and I really hope so. What I do know is that they are a good team that wins when they get in front and has the fight to come back in a game.

Besides that I dont know where you got the number but:
Giants 5-2
Eagles 4-2
Jets 4-3
Bills 3-4
Dolpins 2-4
Lions 1-5
Combines to 29-30.

You might have mixed up the numbers of the schedule up till know with the SoS of the entire season.
Falcons x2 = 8-4
Panthers x2= 4-8
Tampa x2 = 0-14
Rams = 0-7
Skins = 2-5
Pats = 5-2
Cowboys= 4-2
combined= 23-42
+ 29-30
52-72 (still 0.419 SoS)

So I dont know where you are getting your numbers from but they dont add up
Not that it makes jack difference, but the bolded bit gives 19-20, not 29-30. The maths geek in me was bugged by that typo!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Not that it makes jack difference, but the bolded bit gives 19-20, not 29-30. The maths geek in me was bugged by that typo!
you=right I'll fix it

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently not good enough as long as Drew Brees is the QB.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing about New Orleans is that they are definitely not invincible and they are not consistent in the way that they play either, they have just capitalized on opportunities that other teams have given them and found ways to win games. Take the Bills game for example (yeah, I watch Bills games closer than other teams), their offense really didn't win that game at all for them, it was all their defense and if the Bills had some kind of anything to do on offense it would have been a closer game. Right now the Saints gameplan from the 3 or 4 games I've seen them play so far this year is to keep the other team's defense on the field for as much of the first half as possible and then start pounding on them with the running game in the second half. Its also been shown that their defense is vulnerable to giving up a lot of points as well, and it seems like the defense plays worse when the offense plays better.

In the regular season, I don't see any team beating them unless its a shoot out because that seems to be when their team is most vulnerable, when their offense is actually putting points on the board. This is a very good team and I don't think anyone in the NFC is better right now. I always discredit the Broncos even though they're 6-0, but I think the two teams that can challenge the Saints right now are the Patriots and Colts (shocking...). Believe it or not I'd say that the Packers would be the team next most likely to beat them if they play their A game with the passing attack and their defense creates turnovers like they are capable of doing.

The Saints are scary right now, they are probably the best overall team in the NFC right now. Giants could be a better playoff team if they get healthy, but we won't know for a while. The Saints are much better than the team that went to the NFCCG a couple years ago.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote