Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
You're right, I don't want the scary black men to come get us.
super funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Wow its the black Rush Limbaugh.
just a black guy who likes the game of football.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
super funny.

just a black guy who likes the game of football.
I'm almost willing to bet this guy isn't even black.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think race makes a difference. Ask all the fans of teams with great and mostly black defenses if they mind a good old defensive hit fest. If there was a black QB on the level of Brees, Manning and Brady he wouldn't take any undue crap. McNabb gets a lot of hate, but that's because Philly fans are batshit insane. On most other teams save maybe NY, they'd love him. And he's really been the only really good black QB in a long time.

And with bad QBs, teams turn on them regardless of race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I'm almost willing to bet this guy isn't even black.
cmon bro. now, why would you insult me like that?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there is a little bit of racism in the league involving the QB position, but it's not "everywhere". Some teams are still willing to give black QB's a chance.

And offenses weren't changed to help white quarterbacks, the rules equally help black quarterbacks. The rules were changed to score points, because touchdowns and touchdown celebrations are exciting for the average fan. While a tough game of defense can be exciting to most everyone on this forum, it's simply not exciting for everyone in the nation.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I don't think race makes a difference. Ask all the fans of teams with great and mostly black defenses if they mind a good old defensive hit fest. If there was a black QB on the level of Brees, Manning and Brady he wouldn't take any undue crap. McNabb gets a lot of hate, but that's because Philly fans are batshit insane. On most other teams save maybe NY, they'd love him. And he's really been the only really good black QB in a long time.

And with bad QBs, teams turn on them regardless of race.
Because its okay to call another human being a ******, porch monkey, jungle bunny, jigaboo, and coon right? Its all cool isnt it? To use those words over a bad performance is just wrong and no white qbs have to deal with these attacks on their character.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I think there is a little bit of racism in the league involving the QB position, but it's not "everywhere". Some teams are still willing to give black QB's a chance.

And offenses weren't changed to help white quarterbacks, the rules equally help black quarterbacks. The rules were changed to score points, because touchdowns and touchdown celebrations are exciting for the average fan. While a tough game of defense can be exciting to most everyone on this forum, it's simply not exciting for everyone in the nation.
please, look at the top selling jerseys in america. almost all of them are white qbs. if its the offense thats exciting how come america isnt buying black offensive players jerseys? could it be because mothers of children dont want their children caught dead advertising a black man on their backs?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because its okay to call another human being a ******, porch monkey, jungle bunny, jigaboo, and coon right? Its all cool isnt it? To use those words over a bad performance is just wrong and no white qbs have to deal with these attacks on their character.
This is not the place for this ****. This is a football forum, if you want to debate someone about this there are plenty of other places online to do it. You've turned this into a useless thread of blatant racial ignorance because "white man be oppressing them black QB's and making rules easier to benefit the people who play the ONLY position in football (other than kickers) that has mostly white starters still." Seriously, this is about Vince Young, not racism. Plus, how is that even related? They're starting a black QB over a white one now. They must just be doing it to pull the heart strings of their viewers that for some reason feel better about watching a black quarterback! Thats it!
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
This is not the place for this ****. This is a football forum, if you want to debate someone about this there are plenty of other places online to do it. You've turned this into a useless thread of blatant racial ignorance because "white man be oppressing them black QB's and making rules easier to benefit the people who play the ONLY position in football (other than kickers) that has mostly white starters still." Seriously, this is about Vince Young, not racism. Plus, how is that even related? They're starting a black QB over a white one now. They must just be doing it to pull the heart strings of their viewers that for some reason feel better about watching a black quarterback! Thats it!

your right, im just having a really bad day. my bad.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young doesn't suck bc he's black.

Vince Young sucks bc he sucks.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
please, look at the top selling jerseys in america. almost all of them are white qbs. if its the offense thats exciting how come america isnt buying black offensive players jerseys? could it be because mothers of children dont want their children caught dead advertising a black man on their backs?
I think the better question is, why you are vomiting this stuff up on a draft site, when there are plenty of vacant street corners out there?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Vince Young doesn't suck bc he's black.

Vince Young sucks bc he sucks.
im cooling down a bit bro so i can talk about this more calmly. vince has bo scaife as his best receiver. chris johnson is a part time back. his offensive line is very solid in my opiinion bro. vince needs to use his legs alot more than he is. you feel me bro?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
I think the better question is, why you are vomiting this stuff up on a draft site, when there are plenty of vacant street corners out there?
ahh, brah, im having a bad day. you dont even know all the **** ive been through today.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im cooling down a bit bro so i can talk about this more calmly. vince has bo scaife as his best receiver. chris johnson is a part time back. his offensive line is very solid in my opiinion bro. vince needs to use his legs alot more than he is. you feel me bro?
i agree, Vince should use his legs more. but i can't knock the guy for trying to be more of a pocket passer. you can always make a bigger play in the pocket than you can with your legs.

Vince has weapons. He has one of the best olines in the league, a great RBC, and some decent weapons outside. Washington and Britt are 2 solid WRs, Crumpler and Scaife make a solid TE duo.

The Titan offense is not as bad as its perceived to be. The qbs just aren't very good.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
i agree, Vince should use his legs more. but i can't knock the guy for trying to be more of a pocket passer. you can always make a bigger play in the pocket than you can with your legs.

Vince has weapons. He has one of the best olines in the league, a great RBC, and some decent weapons outside. Washington and Britt are 2 solid WRs, Crumpler and Scaife make a solid TE duo.

The Titan offense is not as bad as its perceived to be. The qbs just aren't very good.
well, i mean not everybody can have a top notch qb man. you have to play to each guys strengths. you telling me that orton is this much better than vince? no way, mcdaniels just emphasisez his stregths and camouflages his weaknesses.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's interesting to think what Jay Cutler, or even to a lesser extent Leinart would be doing with that O-line, a serious set of RBs, and receivers that are at least okay. Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson will make up a serious 2/3 of a triplets combo someday.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
It's interesting to think what Jay Cutler, or even to a lesser extent Leinart would be doing with that O-line, a serious set of RBs, and receivers that are at least okay. Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson will make up a serious 2/3 of a triplets combo someday.
britt and washington are number 2 guys homie. leinart is on a team with the best receivers in the game. problem is, the old man is starting ahead of him.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well...Leinart does have the Cardinals offense. So I don't feel too bad for him. Its his own fault that he hasn't been a starter yet. Maybe he gets another chance, maybe its with another team. Who knows. I still have faith in the guy.

Quote:
well, i mean not everybody can have a top notch qb man. you have to play to each guys strengths. you telling me that orton is this much better than vince? no way, mcdaniels just emphasisez his stregths and camouflages his weaknesses.
Actually, yes. Kyle Orton is a much better quarterback. Its not even close really.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Well...Leinart does have the Cardinals offense. So I don't feel too bad for him. Its his own fault that he hasn't been a starter yet. Maybe he gets another chance, maybe its with another team. Who knows. I still have faith in the guy.

Actually, yes. Kyle Orton is a much better quarterback. Its not even close really.
really? thats just shocking to me. he is that much better? average arm in my opinion.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
really? thats just shocking to me. he is that much better? average arm in my opinion.
vince young's arm isn't great either.

and he has a below average brain. so advantage Orton.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

VY also has an awful throwing motion.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:

so, a first round draft pick has a below average brain and an average arm? so, why was he picked that high?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
so, a first round draft pick has a below average brain and an average arm? so, why was he picked that high?
"high ceiling"

and an overreaction to a bowl game (just like Jamarcus Russell)

thats why.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
"high ceiling"

and an overreaction to a bowl game (just like Jamarcus Russell)

thats why.
so, then why arent heads rolling? if i screwed up like that at my job my but would be gone. you telling me that pro scouts and personnel men who get paid to make these decisisions picked him on the basis of one game? wow, if you are right then these guys have some explaining to do.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so, then why arent heads rolling? if i screwed up like that at my job my but would be gone. you telling me that pro scouts and personnel men who get paid to make these decisisions picked him on the basis of one game? wow, if you are right then these guys have some explaining to do.
The owner can't fire himself. Fischer and at the time Norm Chow wanted Leinart but the owner nixed that. He wanted Young and he got him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote