Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
so, then why arent heads rolling? if i screwed up like that at my job my but would be gone. you telling me that pro scouts and personnel men who get paid to make these decisisions picked him on the basis of one game? wow, if you are right then these guys have some explaining to do.
They are.

The GM who drafted Vince Young got fired.

Norm Chow, the offensive coordinator for Young during his first 2 years got fired.

And now Jeff Fisher is under the hot seat.

Everyone is taking the fall for a decision that the owner made. None of those guys (minus maybe the GM) wanted Young. They all wanted Leinart.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The owner can't fire himself. Fischer and at the time Norm Chow wanted Leinart but the owner nixed that. He wanted Young and he got him.
and is the owner taking serious heat for this messup that set his franchise back?
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
They are.

Norm Chow, the offensive coordinator for Young during his first 2 years got fired.

Everyone is taking the fall for a decision that the owner made. None of those guys (minus maybe the GM) wanted Young. They all wanted Leinart.
that would explain it well bro. thats what happens if you make a decision on one game.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chow got fired? I thought he left on his own terms for a college coaching job...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because its okay to call another human being a ******, porch monkey, jungle bunny, jigaboo, and coon right? Its all cool isnt it? To use those words over a bad performance is just wrong and no white qbs have to deal with these attacks on their character.
I've never heard of that. I was referring to the "bench McNabb" movement that pops up all the time. If people are actually saying that, then yeah, that is ****** up and should not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I've never heard of that. I was referring to the "bench McNabb" movement that pops up all the time. If people are actually saying that, then yeah, that is ****** up and should not happen.
I know tons of Eagles fans (unfortunately), and yeah, the calling for McNabb to get benched happens quite often.

The most popular man in Philly has always been McNabb's backup qb. Detmer, Garcia, Kolb, they all get a ton of love.

The second McNabb hopskips a pass at a WR's feet, the majority of the Philly faithful start booing and cussing.

Its 1 of the million reasons why I hate Philly with a passion.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirk and Danzing need to duke it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They are.

Correction, Reese got fired because he couldn't draft. VY is the reason Chow got fired though.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"high ceiling"

and an overreaction to a bowl game (just like Jamarcus Russell)

thats why.
I don't think it was an overreaction to one bowl game. If you take away the actual meaning of the game(Rose Bowl vs. Nat. Champ game), his bowl game before that was probably even more impressive, although not from a pro prospect standpoint.

Plus, he deserved the Heisman that year. Reggie was great and it's a close call, but Vince Young was definitely the best player in college football that year.

As for high ceiling, yeah you're on the dot there. To his credit though, he had matured as a passer over his career at Texas to the point where he was the most efficient passer his junior year. Obviously, I doubt many people in the league thought that would make him Peyton Manning in the pros or anything, but an above average passer with the scrambling ability of Vince Young is certainly enough to salivate at. He was high-risk, high-reward, and unfortunately, the high-risk side won out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
That would be an amazing fight. I would pay to see that.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
That would be an amazing fight. I would pay to see that.
I dont want to fight anybody bro.

Quote:
who is that bro?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I don't think it was an overreaction to one bowl game. If you take away the actual meaning of the game(Rose Bowl vs. Nat. Champ game), his bowl game before that was probably even more impressive, although not from a pro prospect standpoint.

Plus, he deserved the Heisman that year. Reggie was great and it's a close call, but Vince Young was definitely the best player in college football that year.

As for high ceiling, yeah you're on the dot there. To his credit though, he had matured as a passer over his career at Texas to the point where he was the most efficient passer his junior year. Obviously, I doubt many people in the league thought that would make him Peyton Manning in the pros or anything, but an above average passer with the scrambling ability of Vince Young is certainly enough to salivate at. He was high-risk, high-reward, and unfortunately, the high-risk side won out.
I was just never a fan of Vince Young. At first I thought he'd prove me wrong after his rookie year. It looked like he had that intangible "it" to him, but then he wound up being what I thought he was.

To be fair though, I thought Leinart would be good. And so far, he's just as disappointing as Young is, if not more.

I had that qb class rated as

1. Cutler
2. Leinart

3. Vince Young

I just didn't think the guy had the tools to pan out in the NFL.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:

who is that bro?
He doesn't think white guys get enough respect in the NFL.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
He doesn't think white guys get enough respect in the NFL.
hahahaha!!! oh man. the media is sucking them off everytime i flip on the tv. give me a break. their respected just fine.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
I was just never a fan of Vince Young. At first I thought he'd prove me wrong after his rookie year. It looked like he had that intangible "it" to him, but then he wound up being what I thought he was.

To be fair though, I thought Leinart would be good. And so far, he's just as disappointing as Young is, if not more.

I had that qb class rated as

1. Cutler
2. Leinart

3. Vince Young

I just didn't think the guy had the tools to pan out in the NFL.
leinart used to throw to the most open receivers i have ever seen. here is a theory, what cassel won that job in camp instead of leinart? would he have been the first round pick?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
leinart used to throw to the most open receivers i have ever seen. here is a theory, what cassel won that job in camp instead of leinart? would he have been the first round pick?
probably.

I liked Leinart bc he could read defenses and was accurate.

Leinart fell off in the NFL bc he took his partyboy USC work ethic with him to the big leagues.

He, like Reggie Bush, felt like a superstar before he even accomplished anything on the field. Thats why Leinart didn't live up to the hype.

But he was accurate, could read defenses, adjust protections, and had winning pedigree. He also made some clutch plays. There were obvious issues as well, like arm strength and footwork in the pocket, as well as not really feeling much pressure or having to throw into tight windows, but he was still a solid prospect.

I had Cutler higher than him still.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Correction, Reese got fired because he couldn't draft. VY is the reason Chow got fired though.
Chow got fired because he was a lame duck NFL OC with predictable playcalling and scoring inefficiency.

Nothing against Chow. He's an awesome college coordinator, but I'm so glad we got Heimerdinger back.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
probably.

I liked Leinart bc he could read defenses and was accurate.

Leinart fell off in the NFL bc he took his partyboy USC work ethic with him to the big leagues.

He, like Reggie Bush, felt like a superstar before he even accomplished anything on the field. Thats why Leinart didn't live up to the hype.

But he was accurate, could read defenses, adjust protections, and had winning pedigree. He also made some clutch plays. There were obvious issues as well, like arm strength and footwork in the pocket, as well as not really feeling much pressure or having to throw into tight windows, but he was still a solid prospect.

I had Cutler higher than him still.
He's not dead...he'll get another shot.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People should stop pretending they know who Fisher and Reese wanted. The recent events with Bud having to come out and force a change at QB by using the media tells me he actually was keeping out of it until just now. Otherwise it would have just been another closed door meeting. Besides, if Fisher didn't want Young, then why did he sign his extension after drafting him while he was still the starter?

I'm sure Bud let it be known he really liked Young, but I don't think he made the call to the extent some believe.

As for Chow, his offense was clearly terrible. He had a low level of talent to work with for sure, but so did Vince, and lets face it, it's much easier and more sensible to replace a OC than a 2nd year, 3rd overall QB. In 2007, QB and OC were both a problem on offense, but a guy who the team has invested a LOT more money in is naturally going to get a few more chances to prove his worth. It would have been ******** to get rid of VY after 2 years and keep Chow on.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would implement a heavy dose of wildcat for vince.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a few of things.....
1) Waaaaaay too much usage of the word "bro" in this thread.
2) Chris Johnson is not a part-time back. He takes almost all of the carries and Lendale has pretty much been phased out this season.
3) Kenny Britt is only currently a number 2 WR. He'll be a fine number 1 soon.
4) Titans won't use the wildcat offense.

I was too lazy to multi-quote.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
i would implement a heavy dose of wildcat for vince.
Wildcat really doesn't make sense for Vince. Option play yes, but wildcat no. They drafted him to be a regular QB, they are gonna play him as a regular QB. He always has a lot of runs without having a gimmick offense. He'll run when he feels that is his best chance for yardage.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
2) Chris Johnson is not a part-time back. He takes almost all of the carries and Lendale has pretty much been phased out this season.

It is not that they will but rather that they really should, it's Vince Young's only real hope of success.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

Cool story bro!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I bet Fisher didn't make that decision and I bet he isn't happy with it
I agree, I don't think Fisher likes playing with an unorthodox QB even though VY produced an 18 -11 record as his starter. However, the fact that he perfers to stick with Collins and lose every game isn't a strong point in favour of Fisher IMO. Maybe Fisher should be replaced by a HC who can get the most out of VY's talent and not worry about making him into something he's not.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 10-31-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote