Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Dalembert a lot actually, but as LT mentioned earlier, he's going to be expensive.

We have to save every penny for CP3. We need a cheap option who can give us 20 minutes and 6 fouls a game.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Acquiring Gortat would kill our small chance of acquiring Paul.
You think he'd cost that much? He's so mediocre though.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OooooooooooOoo.

Actually I like that idea, I forgot about him since he left for Phoenix.

The Polish Hammer, still young in that 26-29 range though he looks old. Legit 7 footer that is a mammoth down low and is good for a block or 2 a game and a couple points.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You think he'd cost that much? He's so mediocre though.
Just look at his contract its massive.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm
Old 02-24-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Just look at his contract its massive.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm
holy crap. those idiots gave him that much money?!

well forget that then.

I guess we just have to hope and pray we land another Mozzy in round 3 sometime this millenium then, since we don't have a 1st round pick until 2054.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we got Jerome Jordan in Turkey have no idea how he is doing over there. He wasn't that great in the summer league but he is big and mobile.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We just need 5 rebounds and 6 fouls for 20 minutes a night. That's all we really need.

A block to go with that would be nice too.

I wonder how much Turiaf will cost to retain. He's a FA after this year as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We just need 5 rebounds and 6 fouls for 20 minutes a night. That's all we really need.

A block to go with that would be nice too.

I wonder how much Turiaf will cost to retain. He's a FA after this year as well.
Turiaf has a $4,360,000 player option after this season. He will probably pick it up.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Turiaf has a $4,360,000 player option after this season. He will probably pick it up.
Ok cool. So we just need a 20 minute/5 rebound/6 foul guy then.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok cool. So we just need a 20 minute/5 rebound/6 foul guy then.
Well if Joel Pryzbilla gets bought out he can easily play that role. Jerome Jordan like I said he is big and mobile can play that role as well but he would be my last choice.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Przybilla would actually be perfect. Give him 23-24 minutes a night and he'll get you a solid 8-9 rebounds and block and a half a game. Probably could get him on the cheap.

Another possibility, which would be a low risk; no expectations type move, would be Greg Oden, if the Trailblazers don't make a qualifying offer. Granted he is a walking injury and you wouldn't expect him to give you anything going into a season BUT if he did work out he'd be a huge asset to the team.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wouldn't mind throwing a flyer at Oden. What do you have to lose? And imagine if he pans out?

He would be a plan B though, I'd hope one of those 2 guys mentioned above pans out, and as a plan B I'd grab Oden on top of that.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind throwing a flyer at Oden. What do you have to lose? And imagine if he pans out?

He would be a plan B though, I'd hope one of those 2 guys mentioned above pans out, and as a plan B I'd grab Oden on top of that.
That's my line of thinking as well. Try to get him if A) no one else comes here via free agency/trade or B) Get him in addition to signing another center who we plan to rely on as a starter.

Like you said, imagine if he does pan out. Granted, I personally doubt it because he is a walking knee injury, but if he did and we end up getting Paul...

Paul-Fields-Melo-Amare-Oden would be a disgusting line up. Also wouldn't be bad defensively with Oden, Paul and Fields.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Ya but then Oden walks in the court and then you still have no center. If he wasn't a walking injury I would agree with taking a chance on him without a q/o but he is too injury prone for me.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Ya but then Oden walks in the court and then you still have no center. If he wasn't a walking injury I would agree with taking a chance on him without a q/o but he is too injury prone for me.
Well that's the point I made in my original post. If you sign him you expect to get nothing from him and anything beyond that is a bonus.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well that's the point I made in my original post. If you sign him you expect to get nothing from him and anything beyond that is a bonus.
If we had a center already I would be more willing to take him on as a project since he probably doesn't have enough offense for D'antoni.

Anyway I think he will get the q/o from Portland even despite him being a epic bust.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Jared Jeffries? Wtf D'Antoni....
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

does anyone know where I can get a Stoudemire throwback blue Knicks jersey? I want to get one of the blue ones the team has been wearing recently, but I can't find them anywhere.

I love the look of the throwback jersey, I figured they'd be on sale some where but so far I can't find anything. Anyone know?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know this is going to sound corny, but maaaan, I'm just so pumped up to be a Knicks fan now.

Growing up, basketball was my passion. I used to stay 3 hours after school just shooting hoops with friends, working on my game. I'd set up rocks and work on my dribbling by dribbling around the rocks. I'd tie my right hand and work on my left hand. I'd shoot till my shoulders were sore. I loved basketball. If it was pouring out, I'd throw on a jacket and hoodie and just work on my shot. If you can shoot jumpers in the rain, you can hit em anytime. If you can dribble with a soaking wet ball, you can dribble anywhere. That blacktop was my life growing up. Outside of school, that's all I thought about. I'd even ride my bike over to the roughest neighborhood near by just to ball at those parks, bc the competition was better. I just loved basketball.

And I loved the Knicks. Everybody who's passionate about a sport, tries to model their game after a player they grew up idolizing. Unfortunately for me, there was no Knick 2 guard at the time to love. We had Ewing. I was too young to remember Bernard King. Sprewell was the closest thing to a Knick guard that I tried modeling my game after, but that was too late, I was already in high school by then.

So I tried modeling my game after Starks toughness, Oakley's hustle, Ewing's passion.

Now we got Melo. We haven't had a scorer like him in a long long time. It almost makes me want to go out there and shoot hoops again. I dunno why, it just makes me feel young again. I'm not a geezer, I'm in my late 20s, but I can't ball anymore bc of a football injury. But maaan, I just feel like going out there again.

I probably can't bc of my back, but there's something about Knicks basketball that just energizes me. In the 90s the Giants weren't what they are now, the NY/NJ area, it was all about the Knicks. I hated the Bulls. I hated Bulls fans. I hated Jordan, Phil Jackson, Pippen, Cartwright, all of them. **** em. I still hate Jordan.

As a long suffering Knicks fan, I'm just happy the Knicks are relevant again. Basketball isn't the same without the Knicks. Even if we're not true contenders, at least we can believe now. That was important for me.

That Melo commercial really hit home, I can relate to everything he said. Obviously not the NY part since I grew up in North Jersey, but the basic message of what he was saying...its really something I can relate to. It's great to have a local guy who shares that Knicks passion on our team.

/rant.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 02-25-2011 at 07:53 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with Tony Douglas? I don't watch the NBA, but I keep hearing that the Knicks need a back up point guard. I know everyone was excited about Douglas when he was drafted. Just hasn't lived up to it?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What's the deal with Tony Douglas? I don't watch the NBA, but I keep hearing that the Knicks need a back up point guard. I know everyone was excited about Douglas when he was drafted. Just hasn't lived up to it?

He's not a point guard. And overall, he's just not that good.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think they should keep Douglas, not a true PG at all but is a good scorer and annoying defender at times.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

From Alan Hahn's twitter:

Carmelo and Amar'e both were shocked by D-Will trade. Makes recruiting easier having him in NY area? "Too early for that" Melo laughs.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Indeed. I think if anything Deron going to the Nets helps us get him. He's in the area and will constantly be hearing about the Knicks as well as interacting with a lot of the Knicks players. Plus Utah was in a much better situation talent wise than the Nets. The Nets have A LOT of talent to acquire before Deron would want to consider staying there long-term.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Jeffries is a great pick-up. He'll be cheap and he'll play defense. And he's bigger than Shawne Williams who would have had to guard 4s and 5s...

I think we may also take a look at T.J. Ford if he's bought out...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote