Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hey, I'll be rooting for them big time when the get in the playoffs. It's the NBA and a seven game series so you never know who will step up and put up a great performance. I think they can make some noise, but I'm not quite convinced they will make the Finals this year.

Also, I think Chicago is a little tougher than you're letting on. Boozer isn't just a tough role player, he's a good scorer/rebounder. Pretty good second option for them as well. Not to mention they play great defense.
I love their coach. Very underrated. Reminds me of Jeff Van Gundy. Like Jeff, he needs a basketball equivalent of an offensive coordinator though.

We have trouble with big guys with girth. That Chicago front court isn't big enough to beat us up.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks bench looks much stronger post trade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Knicks bench looks much stronger post trade.
Role players are role players. I've been saying it forever. The bench is actually worse than before the trade, but bc we have more talent on the court with Melo now, those role players are able to look better bc the floor opens up for them.

That's why I don't give a damn about the bench. You can always find role players. If we didn't get Melo bc we fell in love with some scrub on the bench, I would've been pissed.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Role players are role players. I've been saying it forever. The bench is actually worse than before the trade, but bc we have more talent on the court with Melo now, those role players are able to look better bc the floor opens up for them.

That's why I don't give a damn about the bench. You can always find role players. If we didn't get Melo bc we fell in love with some scrub on the bench, I would've been pissed.
We didn't just give up scrubs though, we gave up players who could start and guys who could easily go for 20+ on any given night. That's not a roleplayer.

Our bench is okay (they're playing way over their heads atm) but it's finding the starting center (Mozgof) a really good third option (Gallo/Chandler) which is going to be difficult. Hopefully we get Deron or CP3 and finding a third option becomes a moot point.

Again, I'm not going to rehash the argument because I'm happy Melo is here, but we're still several key players and a bench away from realistically competing for a title.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was also one of the smoothest game winning shots I've seen in a while.

How have Chandler and Gallo been for Denver?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That was also one of the smoothest game winning shots I've seen in a while.

How have Chandler and Gallo been for Denver?
Gallo has been hurt, but he did well in the time he was there. Chandler has been pretty solid. Up and down, as he usually is. Nuggets have been winning a lot of games since Melo has left though.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Gallo is hurt, Chandler I think is doing ok. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Jeffries play has allowed me to not miss Mozgov as much as I originally did. He's rotting on their bench too, who knows, maybe we can get him back some how?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
We didn't just give up scrubs though, we gave up players who could start and guys who could easily go for 20+ on any given night. That's not a roleplayer.

Our bench is okay (they're playing way over their heads atm) but it's finding the starting center (Mozgof) a really good third option (Gallo/Chandler) which is going to be difficult. Hopefully we get Deron or CP3 and finding a third option becomes a moot point.

Again, I'm not going to rehash the argument because I'm happy Melo is here, but we're still several key players and a bench away from realistically competing for a title.
I'm confident we'll land 1 of the 2. My guess is CP3.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well...I guess the Knicks picked a good time to become relevant again.

I'm not a baseball fan so this is all I have until football comes back.

And wasn't it just great that the Knicks increased ticket prices for 2012 by an average of 49%? That's just fantastic.

I guess my trips to the Garden are going to dramaticaly decrease now.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm starting to get annoyed with the effort of this team. It's almost like they're sleep walking and just want the playoffs to start already.

And Dougie is significantly better than Billups at running point right now. When Chauncey runs the point, the ball stops moving, it's just a bunch of iso plays and bad choice 3s by him, when Dougie runs point we actually pass the ball around.

We lost last night bc of terrible defense, but also bc D'Antoni put Chauncey back in the game with 3 minutes to go, and our offense stalled with the lead.

I think moving forward, Douglas should run point, Chauncey should be a 2 guard who splits time with Fields. Unless he develops his chemistry quickly, we're a better team with Douglas running the point bc Chauncey just doesn't have any chemistry with anybody right now.

I'm not concerned about the record, I expect us to go .500 for the rest of the season bc it's going to take time for these guys to understand each other, but I want to see more progress from Billups. I know it will take time and he just came back and he's still hurt, but 2 losses to the Pacers back to back is annoying.

Especially when we play like that on defense. Unacceptable. They gotta get it together and play with some urgency.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Douglas has no business being the starting PG. Gotta stick with Billups.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Dougie hasn't been bad at PG recently. Billups is going to need the full 18 or so games left to understand this offense.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Dougie hasn't been bad at PG recently. Billups is going to need the full 18 or so games left to understand this offense.
Douglas is a glorified shooting guard. He's not a great passer. Even when he's struggling miserably at shooting he will still chuck it up.

Douglas can have a role on this team, but it's going to be off the bench as a guy who can give some some scoring now and then but mainly for his defense.

We desperately need a PG. If we don't get Paul or Williams we're going to be pretty screwed.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm telling you guys, I think right here right now Douglass is a significantly better PG than Billups. Billups just looks lost out there right now. The offense doesn't move, he doesn't find Stat on the pick and roll, he doesn't find Melo, he keeps trying to feed Jeffries (wtf?). He just looks lost out there.

I'm not going to make much out of last night's game. When you hit that many 3s, you're going to win.

It does seem like the Knicks play zone a lot better than they do man. I'm personally not a fan of zone defense, but beggers can't be choosers. If this team plays better D in zone, then run zone.

We don't have enough defensive talent to run man D.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

If he's a better PG than Billups it's a tribute to the fact how bad Billups is, and not how good Douglas is. Douglas is an extremely inconsistent 2. He has nights where he can't miss and nights where he'll shoot the ball 10-12 times and hit one shot.

He just needs to learn better shot selection, and to learn that when he's not feeling it he has to take fewer shots, pass the ball, and play good defense.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Billups has been atrocious since he came back from injury. Terrible bounce passes into traffic, he can't find Stat at all in the pick and roll, he keeps trying to feed Jeffries, bad spot up 3s, lack of ball movement.

He's just been awful.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm telling you guys, I think right here right now Douglass is a significantly better PG than Billups. Billups just looks lost out there right now. The offense doesn't move, he doesn't find Stat on the pick and roll, he doesn't find Melo, he keeps trying to feed Jeffries (wtf?). He just looks lost out there.

I'm not going to make much out of last night's game. When you hit that many 3s, you're going to win.

It does seem like the Knicks play zone a lot better than they do man. I'm personally not a fan of zone defense, but beggers can't be choosers. If this team plays better D in zone, then run zone.

We don't have enough defensive talent to run man D.
It tooks Felts a good dozen games to lock into Amar'e on the PnR to, our young players aren't going to improve enough between now and the playoffs for us to force Dougie into a role that's too big for him. Ride it out with Billups so that he can find his zone with Amar'e by the playoffs and hopefully Dougie keeps up his good play. I like the kid he's just shown that his instincts are those of a scorer, not a passer. He's better but coming off the bench to back up a vet like Billups helps him there, me thinks.

We gave up our chance to be a versatile team that can kill you in many ways to get Melo and Billups here, we have no choice but to get it to work because the only way we get better from here is hoping that Paul or Deron force their teams to trade them to us for Fields, and that's not happening before the playoffs start.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 03-19-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The team is soft. In the final 3 minutes, the team implodes for the following reasons:

1. Billups. He can't run point, and he cripples our offense. The offense stops moving during the most crucial part of the game.

2. D'Antoni's substitutions. Ok, we already established Billups. But why Shawn Williams? Why are we going all out offense in the final 3 minutes when that's the time when you need to D up? This is why teams make late game runs on us and beat us. Bc we don't D up during the most crucial part of the game, and part of that is bc of the lineup.

3. Soft. Let's face it, without a presence in the middle, this team is soft. Teams shoot like 70% from the field during the final 3 minutes against us. When we need to toughen up and play D to keep the lead, this team folds up.

Overall, you can see the overall defense has improved, the zone defense we run has helped, but we don't have that killer instinct on defense. The team bitches up when a team like Boston muscles up in the final 3 minutes of the game, bc they're tough, and we're soft.

I think next year, we need to let go of Billups, sign a serviceable PG for like 5 mill a year, and use some of the rest of the money to get a Center.

I think plan A moving forward is obviously CP3, but if that doesn't happen, plan B needs to be a quality Center and Raymond Felton in 2012-2013.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
The team is soft. In the final 3 minutes, the team implodes for the following reasons:

1. Billups. He can't run point, and he cripples our offense. The offense stops moving during the most crucial part of the game.

2. D'Antoni's substitutions. Ok, we already established Billups. But why Shawn Williams? Why are we going all out offense in the final 3 minutes when that's the time when you need to D up? This is why teams make late game runs on us and beat us. Bc we don't D up during the most crucial part of the game, and part of that is bc of the lineup.

3. Soft. Let's face it, without a presence in the middle, this team is soft. Teams shoot like 70% from the field during the final 3 minutes against us. When we need to toughen up and play D to keep the lead, this team folds up.

Overall, you can see the overall defense has improved, the zone defense we run has helped, but we don't have that killer instinct on defense. The team bitches up when a team like Boston muscles up in the final 3 minutes of the game, bc they're tough, and we're soft.

I think next year, we need to let go of Billups, sign a serviceable PG for like 5 mill a year, and use some of the rest of the money to get a Center.

I think plan A moving forward is obviously CP3, but if that doesn't happen, plan B needs to be a quality Center and Raymond Felton in 2012-2013.
Eh, we're better off keeping Billups, if only for his expiring contract that we'd get next year. I don't think we'll fire D'Antoni, but if we did, Billups would be much more useful (assuming we brought in a defensive minded coach). His problem is he's a half-court guard playing in a fastbreak offense. He still can put up points, though. Plus, I don't see another option for PG going into next year outside of Billups.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem right now is Melo and Stat aren't very good at playing on the court at the same time. Without a real PG they both will dominate the ball and have to create for themselves. The good news is, unlike Dwyane Wade or LeBron James, they can score off the ball when they have a good distributor delivering them the basketball. The bad news is, unlike Wade or James, neither Carmelo or Stat is able to create for others.

That's why missing out on LeBron really hurt. He'd have solved two problems for us: a need for a dominant scorer/legit superstar and the need for a player who can create. Felton did that pretty well too (the passing part), but his issue was lack of consistent scoring.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know D'Antoni will get another year (and rightfully so, it's not fair to him if they pull the plug on him this year).

That said, I don't like him as a coach. I don't believe in his brand of basketball.

Firing him for the sake of firing him won't necessarily solve our problems though.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm really concerned about Stoudemire. He has no lift in his legs, his explosion is completely gone. He's done. He's running on fumes bc D'Antoni ran him into the ground.

I don't know if he has enough left in the tank for us to do anything in the playoffs anymore. I'm very concerned about this.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STAT will be fine, I know he has logged tons of minutes throughout his career along with the injuries here and there but if he is doing what he should be, as far as stretching and all that rehabilitation then I believe he'll be ok.

He is 28 right now.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
STAT will be fine, I know he has logged tons of minutes throughout his career along with the injuries here and there but if he is doing what he should be, as far as stretching and all that rehabilitation then I believe he'll be ok.

He is 28 right now.
Im not worried that he's done for good, I'm just worried that he ran out of gas for the rest of the season.

I know he'll be back to form next year after an offseason of rest, and hopefully D'Antoni keeps his minutes down next season, but this season worries me. He might be hiding an injury too.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright I gotcha now.. I would hope he is smart enough to voice himself if he is tired/hurt.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What do you think of Sheldon Williams? I liked the muscle he brought inside.