Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-04-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
No you didn't but the mere fact that you mention that anybody on the Knicks got bailed out by foul calls in this game is ridiculous.
No its not at all. Lin was driving out of control and slipping, maybe there was a foul, maybe not, but he shouldn't be relying on getting a foul call. Thats an all or nothing play and a needless risk.

There were a lot of non-calls on both sides this game.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lin also makes some ridiculous plays. You take the good with the bad. He's still learning. Give him time. He'll cut down on the turnovers with more experience.

He's learning something new each game. I agree that he's turning it over too much, and he's reckless with the ball, but give it time.

I think to be fair, there were a lot of passes that weren't bad, but his teammates weren't looking for the ball. I think that's their fault more than his, you should always be ready for the ball.

Just give it time. He'll get better. No need to panic. He's still a very good player who's learning.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Lin also makes some ridiculous plays. You take the good with the bad. He's still learning. Give him time. He'll cut down on the turnovers with more experience.

He's learning something new each game. I agree that he's turning it over too much, and he's reckless with the ball, but give it time.

I think to be fair, there were a lot of passes that weren't bad, but his teammates weren't looking for the ball. I think that's their fault more than his, you should always be ready for the ball.

Just give it time. He'll get better. No need to panic. He's still a very good player who's learning.
I love how chilled out you've become about the Knicks. Agree with you on that completely.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I love how chilled out you've become about the Knicks. Agree with you on that completely.
It took me a year to get back into my basketball zone. I've been away from the sport for so long (kind of boycotted it when the Knicks became a complete joke bc I couldn't take it anymore) that I forgot a lot about the sport.

Now I'm more understanding.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Melo. He has been really horrendous this year. I understand he can score like few others in crunch time but what you do the other 30+ minutes of the game matters too.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People were complaining he was to much of a ballhog and now that he was trying to assimilate into the offense better by passing more people are complaining he's not doing enough.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Melo is not the problem at all. He's being scapegoated right now.

Give it time. Amare's legs are finally coming back, Melo is passing the ball well, we'll get better.

My concerns are Jeremy Lin getting figured out, and we have to get better production from the 2 guard position offensively.

And D'Antoni just isn't a good coach. In a close game, he always gets outcoached.

But Lin is my concern. Teams figured him out. If he can't learn to go left we're screwed.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, I've always disliked Carmelo Anthony. This is nothing new for me. He's not a good passer, he's not a good defender, and the one thing he's supposed to be good at (scoring) he's doing at an incredibly inefficient rate.

He's a good player but I've never liked him and wouldn't hesitate to trade him for someone like CP3 (not that this would ever happen, but I'm just speaking generally).
Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It took me a year to get back into my basketball zone. I've been away from the sport for so long (kind of boycotted it when the Knicks became a complete joke bc I couldn't take it anymore) that I forgot a lot about the sport.

Now I'm more understanding.
Yeah, I had the same problem, I just couldn't root for the teams Isiah was putting together. Donnie Walsh and Gallo brought me back.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shumpert might be starting tonight.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I actually like him as our energy guy off the bench.

I'd normally kill JR Smith, but him playing means Billy Walker doesn't, so it's a blessing in disguise.

We'll go as far as Lin's development this year takes us. If he continues to struggle going left, continue to make way too many boneheaded passes and turnovers and continues to just run right into the defense and hope something happens, we're in trouble.

He has to adjust to the adjustments. Teams know how to defend him now. When he attacks the hoop, we need a trail guy to attack with him. And can we please run pick and roll with Stat?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, I've always disliked Carmelo Anthony. This is nothing new for me. He's not a good passer, he's not a good defender, and the one thing he's supposed to be good at (scoring) he's doing at an incredibly inefficient rate.

He's a good player but I've never liked him and wouldn't hesitate to trade him for someone like CP3 (not that this would ever happen, but I'm just speaking generally).
Carmelo has shown though that he can be an excellent defender at times and he's made way too many absolutely beautiful passes this season that would argue with him not being a good passer. The team's growing in a ****** up, lockout shortened season, that's the biggest part of why all of our guys aren't playing great regularly. Melo isn't a concern in my eyes, he's been a great team player and bought into not needing to score every bucket.

What worries me is Jeremy Lin getting comfortable playing with our stars, him and Chandler have chemistry, him and Novak have chemistry, him and Melo don't but aren't terrible and him and Amar'e are just out of sync. That's why I want to see Amar'e running with Baron Davis and the second unit and Novak spending more time with the starters. Let's make things a little easier on Lin by opening up the lane more so he can get chemistry with Melo, meanwhile we also get Amar'e going as Baron Davis could focus on Amar'e the way line got to with Chandler when our forwards where out.

Amar'e would still come on to close the game, but he'd have better momentum going so that when the ball finds it's way out to him for jumper he's already got his rhythm going.

Plus this way, if Jeremy Lin starts to regress and we have to go to Baron as the closing PG, at least he'll already have figured out exactly where to get Stat the ball, the way line is having such a tough time doing.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 03-07-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What worries me is that Amare is currently a steaming pile of crap.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
What worries me is that Amare is currently a steaming pile of crap.
Not lately. He's lost the weight he gained this offseason and the past 2 games he seems to have his legs back. Last night was by far his best game. He's playing fast, above the rim, and his jumper is falling again.

Give him a week or so and I think he'll be back. That extra weight he added this year was a terrible mistake. He's 5 lbs away from last year's playing weight and the results are showing.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Chandler or Jeffries tonight.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm trying to exercise my stance on patience with this team...

....but yesterday really pissed me off.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

No Chandler. No Jeffries. No one with a clue about how to pass the ball to Amar'e. Uh...we need Chandler back and let Amar'e play with Baron. The two PG lineup with Lin and Baron was pretty sweet to. Lets Lin play some off-guard and gives Baron some work with the big guns. And personally I'm starting to think that if this team makes a run in the playoffs this year, it'll be Baron running things in crunch time since he's the more natural co-ordinator who can utilize everybody. Lin still has time to learn, but I don't think he'll be there this year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Lin's defense is terrible. And he can't go left at all. The magic is starting to wear off. Having that said, he's still good enough with a rotation with Baron to make our offense work.

I just see bad coaching. We go with a super small lineup that can't play D at all or rebound, we don't adjust, D'Antoni just seems to always get out coached in crunch time. I just hate D'Antoni so much.

This team is too talented to play like this. I see progress in some ways, but then we go reverse in other ways. When are they going to put it together? They just aren't playing up to their potential.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Now its Lins fault?

It has nothing to do with the star player playing like crap on both sides of the floor? It has nothing to do with the fact that he is having trouble fitting his game in with the rest of the team?

Oh no blame Jeremy Lin it's all his fault.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not saying it's all Lin's fault. I'm not blaming any particular player, I think we have a talented roster, it's just not gelling. And Chandler gets hurt at the worst possible time.

I actually think Melo is doing a good job of adjusting to Lin, although he got back into bad habits in the 2nd half last night. But for the most part, he's been a good trooper since he's come back.

He's passed the ball. Amare is getting his legs back, he's coming along.

The problem is Melo and Amare just don't buy into playing defense for 4 quarters. That's the biggest problem with this team. When your 2 stars don't commit to defense, you will be an inconsistent team. And D'Antoni isn't the guy to get in their ass for a lack of hustle on defense.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

There isn't many coaches out there that can get either one of them to be good defenders.

Melo is always going to be the same player who holds the ball way to long because he likes to go 1 on 1. Killing the time cause he takes forever to make his decision and figure out what the hell he actually wants to do with the ball.

It doesn't help the gelling process when if you don't pass him the ball as soon as he calls for it or you decide to take a shot for yourself your "star" is giving you dirty looks and complaining.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't think he's been as bad as he's being made out to be. I've seen him pass plenty.

Turnovers and defense is what's killing us. I'm hoping the defense gets a little better again once Chandler and Jeffries comes back. But the turnovers, the turnovers are just killer right now.

You can't deny that Lin is just turning it over way too much. How many times have you seen him just torpedo his body into the defense, slip, fall, and turn it over? How many bad passes has he made where he tries to force it into a tight window? How many times have you seen him just run right into the defense and just get lost in there trying to make something out of nothing?

He's gotta be more careful with that ball. Melo has to D up for 4 quarters, ditto for Stat, and Stat has to catch the damn ball, he has no hands at all, Fields has to work on that J, ditto for Shump, we just have a lot of work to do as a team.

But they're very capable of fixing their problems. These are all very correctable problems. It's just frustrating waiting for them to put it together and it's just not happening.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't think he's been as bad as he's being made out to be. I've seen him pass plenty.

Turnovers and defense is what's killing us. I'm hoping the defense gets a little better again once Chandler and Jeffries comes back. But the turnovers, the turnovers are just killer right now.

You can't deny that Lin is just turning it over way too much. How many times have you seen him just torpedo his body into the defense, slip, fall, and turn it over? How many bad passes has he made where he tries to force it into a tight window? How many times have you seen him just run right into the defense and just get lost in there trying to make something out of nothing?

He's gotta be more careful with that ball. Melo has to D up for 4 quarters, ditto for Stat, and Stat has to catch the damn ball, he has no hands at all, Fields has to work on that J, ditto for Shump, we just have a lot of work to do as a team.

But they're very capable of fixing their problems. These are all very correctable problems. It's just frustrating waiting for them to put it together and it's just not happening.
Passing and moving the ball and passing cause you don't have any option to drive or shoot are different things.

Of course we turn the ball over too much and our defense has sucked. However not all the turnovers are Lin's fault.

Some of them yes absolutely.

How many times have I seen Melo force up a stupid shot? How many times have I seen Melo kill the shot clock only to pass it somebody else leaving them to take a bad shot? How many times have I seen Melo make stupid decisions? How many times have I seen Melo brick free throws?

You see I can play the how many times game as well. Id rather take it from Lin the guy who is trying to make plays to help the team win then the guy who seems to care too much about his stat's and his individual accolades.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not disputing any of your statements at all. I'm just as upset with Melo. But I think Melo is being scapegoated. Everyone is quick to say it's all his fault, and that's not true.

This whole team just isn't playing well. And they're so much better than this. You see them put it together in spurts, but they just can't put it together for 4 quarters or for a long win streak. The inconsistency is just so aggravating.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not disputing any of your statements at all. I'm just as upset with Melo. But I think Melo is being scapegoated. Everyone is quick to say it's all his fault, and that's not true.

This whole team just isn't playing well. And they're so much better than this. You see them put it together in spurts, but they just can't put it together for 4 quarters or for a long win streak. The inconsistency is just so aggravating.
People are "scape goating" him simply cause they see has made zero adjustments since coming back and the team is losing again. While when he was out the team was winning and playing good on both ends of the court. Granted against lesser competition then now.

Ya your right on paper they are better team then 4 games under .500.

Maybe if they stop digging themselves into large holes they wouldn't have to fight as hard to get the games back within reason and can actually win games. I know it sounds so simple yet they make it so difficult.