Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Gallo is not a smooth shooter though. He's a rhythm shooter. If he had touch like Ray Allen, that's a different story. But he doesn't.
But you have to admit that he gets a lot of attention because if he does get into a rhythm at 6'11" there aren't many guys who can bother him. So even when he's not hitting shots he's helping keep teams from packing the paint on AmaRay.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look Gallo isn't a first option right now and likely never will be. What he is is a 6'11" player who's a very good perimeter defender, and an exceptionally versatile offensive player who's sharing the #3 role right now and doing well in his second season on tiny usage, evne Dougie has a higher usage rate than Gallo.

Gallo can become a deadly scorer if he develops his midrange game, he's also got quite a bit of potential as a playmaker who could ease Felton's work load while also letting Felton get into a rhythm as an off of the ball shooter. He's shown he can make some exceptional passes and that he's a smart guy who understands how a player can open up his team-mates for passes. He's a smart kid who's shown he'll put in the work to be a guy like Lee or Chandler who'll consistently improve unlike those failed projects who never improve.

In a year or to he can be a guy like Ginobli who can take over a game offensively but is also a very smart player who helps the team when he's not fire. With him, Felton, Chandler and couple more guys like Nene, Fields and Douglas?, we could absolutely contend for a title if Amare can keep up his newly improved passing when his scoring efficiency returns. Especially if Fields can develop his 3-ball and Chandler can keep working on his jumper, learn to go left and keep working on his passing.

In the playoffs what matters is your best 5, with Felton, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Amare and Nene we can put out 5 guys that'll match up against any 5 in the league and stands a chance to win every time. Amare has absolutely blown me away this year, his passing has even been improving. If that keeps up and his confidence in his team-mates grows he can be that unstoppable #1. We don't have a clear cut #2 option, but neither did the Spurs, with Gallo, Felton and Chandler we've got 3 guys who can take that mantle on any night, we'd have an exceptional #3 and #4 option and between Fields and Nene we'd never have a guy out there in crunch time who teams can ignore. If we can become just an above average defensive team with that offense our team will make a couple Eastern Conference Finalses and a chance to win a title if the right guys get hot. We'd also have the depth to keep those key players fresh for the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 01-16-2011, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Manu is the perfect comparison. Obviously not their size or play style, per se, but I could easily see Gallo becoming that third scorer who on any given night can put up big numbers or help the team in a number of different ways. He can block a shot, get a steal, grab some boards, and pass too if needed.

Every team needs those types of players. No one is saying he's going to be a star BBD, it's just there a lot of people who see that he's a pretty useful/good player and could really be an asset on a team with a couple of great players.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Style wise I think Gallo's really similar to Paul Pierce, not a great athlete, not a great shooter, but a really crafty and clever player who can shoot the lights out when he's in a rhythm, a guy who can get to the hoop and line with his craftiness and who'll make good passes and open up team-mates. I don't think Gallo will ever be quite as good as Pierce but style wise their games have a lot of similarities. I think Manu is just the best example of a championship winning player that does what Gallo can do for us.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-17-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind the guy as a solid role player, but if he's a piece we need to move to get a Carmelo Anthony or a legit Center, I'm moving him.

He's not an untouchable guy on our team. If you expect us to win a championship any time soon with Gallo as our #2, you're in for a rude surprise. It's never going to happen, no matter how good the rest of the pieces are.

If we want a championship, we need a better #2 option. It's that simple to me. If we can keep Gallo while getting that #2 option, sure, sounds great. But chances are it won't happen unless we move him. So move him. It's a no brainer to me.

Or if we do get a #2 option I rather move Gallo for a legit Center. I think that would make the team better. I think holding onto Gallo's stock is just going to hurt this team in the long term. His stock won't get any higher than it is now, sell him while it's high.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate D'Antoni's brand of basketball. It's a regular season system. You're not winning a championship with this style of basketball.

We're winless at home when trailing after 3. That's sad. You can't try to outscore opponents when you're losing. It's a flawed system.

And our rebounding is sad too. A lot of it is bc we constantly throw a small lineup out there and we don't have enough big bodies in the paint, but it's also effort. Amare had what, 7 rebounds today? That's not enough.

And we can't keep playing Felton like this. The man is going to break down soon if we don't get a legit backup PG.

2 losses in a row now. It's looking like we're going to be the 6 seed if we keep the status quo.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

At least our coach isn't Jerry Sloan. Now that's a guy who's system can't win in the playoffs...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the guy as a solid role player, but if he's a piece we need to move to get a Carmelo Anthony or a legit Center, I'm moving him.

He's not an untouchable guy on our team. If you expect us to win a championship any time soon with Gallo as our #2, you're in for a rude surprise. It's never going to happen, no matter how good the rest of the pieces are.

If we want a championship, we need a better #2 option. It's that simple to me. If we can keep Gallo while getting that #2 option, sure, sounds great. But chances are it won't happen unless we move him. So move him. It's a no brainer to me.

Or if we do get a #2 option I rather move Gallo for a legit Center. I think that would make the team better. I think holding onto Gallo's stock is just going to hurt this team in the long term. His stock won't get any higher than it is now, sell him while it's high.
If you really want to get a good player back you'll have to give up Chandler at the very least. With Gallo's injury it's going to take some time before he can work his value back up again. And he can't do that until he can play.

I like Chandler a lot though, so I wouldn't deal him for a mediocre center. If we're getting a Marc Gasol type of player though I'd likely ship him out, but otherwise it's not worth trading him off for a short term solution like Marcus Camby.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We just have to be patient I guess. We're not going to be contenders this year, but I would like to win at least 1 playoff series.

Regardless, we have movable pieces, if we can't package them for Melo then we have to do something with them. You figure the expiring contracts alone should at least net us a backup PG moving forward.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

5 in a row. How's that great supporting cast now? We need Melo.

You win in this league with stars. I've been saying it forever. Don't get a hard on for these mediocre players, bc that's all they are. When you have a chance of getting a star, you go get him.

We're a playoff team the way we are now. Even if we get that Center and backup PG, we're still nothing more than a playoff team. If we want to be championship contenders, we need Melo.

I'm hoping the current situation regarding Melo is a good sign for us.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 01-22-2011 at 08:13 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the team needs someone else. I'm just not sure if a ballstopper is what's going to make it click. For as good as Anthony is, I'm not sure it works.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

My thinking is, even if Anthony isn't a good fit, he's still a commodity. You can always trade 1 star for another star. So perhaps down the road we trade him for a star that actually fits our lineup.

But trading a bunch of scrubs for a star is not easy to pull off. This is an unusual circumstance for us bc this certain player pretty much only wants to play for the Knicks so we have leverage. This opportunity won't present itself again.

That's why it's a no brainer to me. Worst case scenario, you have a movable star player which will yield either a top draft pick or another star who can fit your lineup.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Our team might be the worst rebounding team in the league. It's pathetic. And as much as I love Stat, he's a horrible rebounder. We need a rebound machine at Center so bad.

I love how Fields plays the game. If he just worked on his jumpshot, he could be so much better. Chances are we lose him in a package for Melo though, which sucks, but hey, as much as I like Fields he can't be a dealbreaker in a Melo trade.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know we lost the game, but I like the fight in this team. We haven't seen this from the Knicks in awhile. It all starts with Stat. He's been such a great leader for this team.

And the toughness seems to be coming back. I like what Shaun Williams did, it reminded me of the old school Knicks.

This team isn't scared and doesn't back down from anybody. I love the fight they have now. I can't overstate how much Stat has meant to this team.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

psh, ****** gallo. 29 points on 12 FGA, what a bum...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

http://empiresportsnow.com/2011/01/2...-is-overrated/

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this turd is overrated.

Btw, we went so long and peacefully without talking about Gallo, I guess all good things come to an end sooner or later.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://empiresportsnow.com/2011/01/2...-is-overrated/

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this turd is overrated.

Btw, we went so long and peacefully without talking about Gallo, I guess all good things come to an end sooner or later.
Wow you found 1 writer who works at fanhouse to agree with your opinion. I guess you 2 are right and everyone else is wrong all is right in the world again.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Wow you found 1 writer who works at fanhouse to agree with your opinion. I guess you 2 are right and everyone else is wrong all is right in the world again.
Except that it's not just 2 people. The only people who think Gallo is the greatest thing since sliced bread are dellusional knick fans.

Gallo is a solid #3 option on a team, nothing more, nothing less. He's not a star, and he'll never be a star.

I can't believe how much hype this guy gets. I say it over and over again, but I still don't get an answer: If Gallo is SO good, why doesn't he take over games when Stoudemire is on the bench? Why does he look so mediocre?

Bc he IS mediocre. Good 3rd option, but that's it.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that it's not just 2 people. The only people who think Gallo is the greatest thing since sliced bread are dellusional knick fans.

Gallo is a solid #3 option on a team, nothing more, nothing less. He's not a star, and he'll never be a star.

I can't believe how much hype this guy gets. I say it over and over again, but I still don't get an answer: If Gallo is SO good, why doesn't he take over games when Stoudemire is on the bench? Why does he look so mediocre?

Bc he IS mediocre. Good 3rd option, but that's it.
Really where are all the other people you have quoted that says Gallo is over rated. No Knick fan is comparing him to Lebron or MJ so where is the delusion in saying Gallo is a good player.

He is a clearly right now the 2nd option no one else on the team is scoring like him and he is doing a pretty good job at being a 2nd option so if he was the 3rd option it would be even better for us so I am not seeing the problem.

Ever think its cause the opposing team adjust their D to focus on making sure to limit the Knicks best offensive threat when Amare isnt on the court?

No that's crazyness cause b/c Knicks fans talk about a player BBD doesn't like so we should hold him to some crazy standard.

Can you name 1 2nd/3rd option that "takes over" the game every single game when the star player is on the bench. I doubt you can(and no guys like Wade or Pierce don't count as #2 options). There are games were he does well when Amare is on the court and games where he does well when he isn't on the court nobody is perfect every game.

How is he look mediocre? saying someone is mediocre or looks that way doesn't make it a fact why don't you actually try to prove a point for once instead of waiting for Gallo to fail so you can comment. Honestly thats all you do is say ooo hahah Gallo sucks if he has a bad game or you wait for someone to post something with similiar opinion as yours.

We really don't hear you say much when he has a good game hmmm I wonder why?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

How the **** is Gallo a #2? #2 guys are Russell Westbrook, Manu Ginobli, Tyreke Evans (not good enough to be considered a 1 at this point).

Star #2 options are the Gasols of the world.

Putting up good numbers on a 500 team doesn't make you a #2. David ******* Lee puts up better numbers for Golden State, is he a great player? **** no.

I bet you guys were saying the same crap about David Lee when he was a Knick. Please. Mediocre talent is mediocre talent. There are such thing as compilers in the NBA, putting up numbers doesn't make you a great player. You see it all the time, a player puts up 20 and 10 on a bad team, goes to a good team and disappoints. Why? Bc he was never that good, he was compiling numbers on a bad team.

That's what Gallo is. You go to the NBA forum and you ask all those people what htey think of Gallinari. I guarantee you more people agree with my description of him. He's not that good. Get over it Knick fans. He's a marginal player.

I know we sucked for a long time so we'll prop up good players on our team, but jeez, this is getting ridiculous. I never seen a more overrated Knick in my life time.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How the **** is Gallo a #2? #2 guys are Russell Westbrook, Manu Ginobli, Tyreke Evans (not good enough to be considered a 1 at this point).

Star #2 options are the Gasols of the world.

Putting up good numbers on a 500 team doesn't make you a #2. David ******* Lee puts up better numbers for Golden State, is he a great player? **** no.

I bet you guys were saying the same crap about David Lee when he was a Knick. Please. Mediocre talent is mediocre talent. There are such thing as compilers in the NBA, putting up numbers doesn't make you a great player. You see it all the time, a player puts up 20 and 10 on a bad team, goes to a good team and disappoints. Why? Bc he was never that good, he was compiling numbers on a bad team.

That's what Gallo is. You go to the NBA forum and you ask all those people what htey think of Gallinari. I guarantee you more people agree with my description of him. He's not that good. Get over it Knick fans. He's a marginal player.

I know we sucked for a long time so we'll prop up good players on our team, but jeez, this is getting ridiculous. I never seen a more overrated Knick in my life time.
Who is the #2 on the Knicks? Is GALLO. I didn't say he was one the best #2 options league wide. I said he is the #2 option on the Knicks. If he was #3 option for us obviously that would be better but we dont have another option right now

No I couldnt stand David Lee towards the end of his Knicks run cause all he was doing was stat padding and playing no defense. So nice try. Loved him when he was first drafted where he actually hustled made a effort on D though.

The NBA Forum? Really? Really? that's your defense? wow that's sad. Of course they would agree with your opinion that Gallo is crap cause Rosebud pissed everyone off with his Evil Nixon-Monta Ellis like love for Gallo. I am sure that isn't the only reason but I just has to throw it out there.

Why don't you actually try to prove a point and talk about an actual flaw in his game? Here I will give you an example your boy Wilson Chandler has an awful shooting selection and settles for way to many jumpers which is his weakness. He should be driving more to the hoop more.

See now you try what is your beef with his game? See if you an actually discuss what you feel his problem basketball wise people would probably respect your opinion more when it comes to basketball.

You are right now the Knicks equivalent of a guy saying Eli is a bad leader cause you don't like the look of his face.

Edit: I forgot yes Tyreke Evans is the #1 option on the Kings even though that has no bearing on the Knicks or your Gallo rants

Last edited by LTgiants : 02-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.
LTgiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've broken down Gallo plenty of times in the past. I said he settles for too many jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, he's heavy footed on defense (he has effort but he's not a great defender), and he can improve his passing.

The guy is 6 11", you expect him to do a better job of rebounding and blocking shots.

Him and Chandler are essentially the same, I prefer Chandler over him bc we can move Chandler to SG if need be.

Gallo isn't even tough enough to defend PFs. We put Chandler on them. How pathetic is that?

And FYI, Raymond Felton is our #2. If you're goign strictly by numbers, Felton is our 2nd scorer. Not to mention even from a purist sense, he's our #2.

And yeah, I am gonna mention the forum, bc where else can we go and take a poll? It's not like any of us know each other adn can ask the same people.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've broken down Gallo plenty of times in the past. I said he settles for too many jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, he's heavy footed on defense (he has effort but he's not a great defender), and he can improve his passing.

The guy is 6 11", you expect him to do a better job of rebounding and blocking shots.

Him and Chandler are essentially the same, I prefer Chandler over him bc we can move Chandler to SG if need be.

Gallo isn't even tough enough to defend PFs. We put Chandler on them. How pathetic is that?

And FYI, Raymond Felton is our #2. If you're goign strictly by numbers, Felton is our 2nd scorer. Not to mention even from a purist sense, he's our #2.

And yeah, I am gonna mention the forum, bc where else can we go and take a poll? It's not like any of us know each other adn can ask the same people.
If anyone mentions any Knick outside of Amare most people there will hate on them there so its not like your going to get a 100% unbiased opinion over there on Gallo.

How can Gallo be heavy footed on defense yet he is near the top of the league in charges taken? that's pretty much the opposite of heavy footed

No I don't expect a SF who comes from Euro ball to be a great rebounder height doesn't equal rebounding ability or what position you play on the court.

Him and Chandler are not the same at all in terms of style play they play the same position but that's about it.

and no Chandler can not play SG we tried that experiment and it was not good. He is to slow to guard them which is part of why he guards PF's and Gallo doesn't. Chandler is stronger then Gallo which also has to do with it.

I don't think its pathetic at all there are plenty of PF's that are smaller then Gallo.

No I wasn't going by #'s. Gallo is more of a threat then Felton on O which is why he is the 2nd option just cause Felton has been jacking up more jumpers lately doesn't equal he is the 2nd option.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:

You do realize we play Gallo on the perimeter because unlike Wilson he can actually stay in front of his man right? I mean sure he's "heavy footed" but that doesn't stop him from getting in front of guys and not just getting blown past every time like guys like Chandler? I mean you can **** on Gallo all you want but for a guy who's in his second full season and the first where his athleticism is starting to look like it used to in Italy, yet he's going to the line like a star, makes good passes, knows how to pass off of the drive and can get so hot from 3 that teams regularly play their best perimeter defender on Gallo because he scares them.

He won't be LeBron but if he becomes more consistent, starts boxing out hard again and develops his midrange game Gallo will be a force. He's already our second biggest threat, judging purely based off of the attention he gets, and he's still inconsistent. He's a youngin who works really hard so expecting him to keep improving his consistency is just reasonable.

Basically I don't get why you hate on gallo. He can get hot and take over games, he's the only guy other than Stat who we can depend on in the half court to get a bucket against tough D, he's our best perimeter defender, he's a smart and very willing passer who's a good team-mate and has the eveything you'd want from a Championship level 3rd option and possible 2nd option on a team with a great 3rd option. He's got work to do and isn't a superstar yet, otherwise there'd be no use for Melo here at all, but he is a very useful and versatile player who's consistently improved in his little time with this team and has a skillset that gives him an exceptional ceiling.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

As for Gallo v Chandler

Wilson's strong with better hops, he's a midrange assassin and is very explosive attacking the rim when he's on his game. He's also mastered the transition block and is a very good help defender. He's however still a mediocre 3 point shooter, turrible perimeter defender, simple passer and has absolutely no skill at drawing fouls. He's a very good young player, but he's completely different from Gallo and frankly Gallo's weaknesses are not only Chandler's strengths, but also the one part of gallo's game that would be most simple to develop, his midrange game.

*shrug* I brought up Gallo because he's playing like the kid I feel in love with watching in Italy ever since he's come back from his injury. Taking it to the hoop hard and he's even got his athleticism back as you could see with that powerful dunk on I think Greg Monroe where he scorched Prince and then just powered past Monroe. That's a move he couldn't make last year as he was recovering from his back and re-building his core strength. Now that athleticism is back and at 6'11" with the ability to get unstoppably hot from 3 Gallo is playing like a force to be reckoned with and a guy who deserves favorable comparisons to a young Manu, which is what I've said I think his impact will be, a smart and efficient 2nd or 3rd option who can take over games ever now and again.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 02-01-2011 at 11:27 PM.