Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 2010 Draft: Who/What Positions are we Drafting?

Allow me to reintroduce myself...
Long Time, but I think this is the appropriate time to start looking at the weaknesses in the roster/lack of depth and the like

I love the way the team is playing under Ryan, but there are some holes moving forward that need to be plugged up.

DE: We are old at the position and lack a good amount of depth. I like the use of guys like Pouha at DE but I really think this could be our biggest need moving forward

RB: I think TJ is gone after this year unless he starts creating his own holes and rushing for more than 2.5 ypc. Granted the OL's run blocking has sucked and Leon has shown that he can create more will probably lead to TJs end in NY. This way the Jets could sign Leon bring up Shonn Greene perhaps Woodhead and another playmaker.

WR: Some would say this is where we are most thin. But I think with Keller acting as a receiving TE our corp is solid. That said another guy with size would add a great dimension to the offense.

OT: I like Brick, Faneca Mangold and Moore... Woody hasn't played badly but I don't like the running attack and RT are traditionally road graders who create lanes. Sidenote Bricks poor run blocking pisses me off to NO end considering he was a top 5 pick. I know LT protects the blindside first and foremost but it's maddening at his innability to get a pop and finish his blocks. We could also get younger/better depth at OG.

TE: I like Keller as our Dallas Clarke but I want someone else who can catch and block. Two TE sets can create a lot of confusion in the passing game and help the OL in the running game.

NT: Jenkins has a bad back and 360 and 30s dont mix well would love to see another big body incorporated bc when he's not in teams have fun with our DL

ILB: I absolutely LOVE our starters Scott and Harris but I don't like Westerman and Izzo as our depth despite how much I love my boy from Rutgers. If Gholston could find some way to become more versatile and play a bit inside i think our LB corps would be MORE complete. That said NOT pressing

FB: Richardson is old and there are mumblings that this is his last season.

CB: I think Revis is the best CB in football and I like Shepherds Experience. Ryan seemingly gets everything out of Lowery, Strickland and Coleman but that said I dont like the situation if and when Lito's gone. Not too important probably not even this draft just a concern.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

Also if you have specific players in mind that fit the Jets needs post that too...Don't just say oh I love this guy but we don't need him (I mean you can but really that's just another discussion)

Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454

It has it's own thread already. Maybe someone can merge them.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

My bad...ust didn't see anything-thought they would make it a sticky.

ill SIG btw

Jacori!

Old 10-05-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with that list of positions

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DL, DL, DL, DL

can't really stress it enough. we're old and thin on the DL.

we also need a pass-rusher.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any1 here like to see the Jets drat South Carolina's Eric Norwood? He's a de/olb tweener

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jets have a good team, probably could use more depth at receiver and on your d-line, but overall, I respect your team.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE is definitely a need but outside Suh and McCoy, I suspect that a lot of 3-4 DE candidates have at least injury such as leg and back. I am not sure which DE is worth a gamble.

For LT to be top 5, you have to have above average pass protecting skill. We should not worry about LT as a run blocker.

Sanchez is the reason Jets do not have good pass game. Give him some time to get comfortable with receivers.

I like Tate or Hardesty and thats it as RB. I think Jets should keep TJ.

Jenkins' back is fine but his leg is not. Jets have done well without Jenkins so it is all about scheme. NT is not immediately a need. Get one at good value like 6th round or UDFA.

Richardson is aging but he has yet to slow down. Finding FB is not that hard. I think Cameron Craig, a LB from Army should complete the military service in Texas by March, No? If yes then I would love to have him as FB.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Any1 here like to see the Jets drat South Carolina's Eric Norwood? He's a de/olb tweener
I wont be upset with that pick if it happens.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote