Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My preseason pick was Saint vs. Pats so I'll stick with that.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
My preseason pick was Saint vs. Pats so I'll stick with that.
Yay someone agrees with me.

Tom Brady vs. Drew Brees will rape the air above them

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give Minnesota the edge over New Orleans at this point. I think the Saints have yet to be tested. (that Giants win doesn't look all that great now does it?) The Vikings are the most balanced team in the league, with outstanding players in all areas.

As for the AFC, I think it will be between the Colts and Patriots, what's new? I can't really say right now.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals over Saints. Drew Brees sets a Super Bowl record of 9 TD's right before Palmer breaks it with 2 TD's in the final 2 minutes for a total of 10 TD's.

That's my predicition.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I give Minnesota the edge over New Orleans at this point. I think the Saints have yet to be tested. (that Giants win doesn't look all that great now does it?) The Vikings are the most balanced team in the league, with outstanding players in all areas.

As for the AFC, I think it will be between the Colts and Patriots, what's new? I can't really say right now.

Every time we dismantle someone, the win no longer looks impressive.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys are seriously overestimating the Vikings. They do not finish games. Sure they are 7-1, but I have a feeling that they will lose in the divisional round in the playoffs. My brother yelled at me during the game vs. the packers cause I was telling everyone not to hold their breath when they took a nice lead, the Pack almost came back. If you are thinking the Vikings win the SuperBowl, you are crazy. They need to learn how to finish games before they win the SuperBowl.

IMO Eagles over the Colts 33-30

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens almost got there last yr, so I'll say Ravens. Indy Colts look like the obvious AFC choice but they choke in the playoffs to teams that beat them up physically, so I'm sticking with B-more.

And the Saints will get there in the NFC is they remain relatively injury-free, but they replaced their fullback last wk. Brees looks more like an MVP every game
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre vs. Adrian Peterson.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I want to say the Ravens, if we met the Colts in the playoffs, I think we would get torched. Unless our pass defense improves tremendously between now and January, I really cant see us going far into the playoffs. I do agree that if we get hot right around the playoffs, we finally have an offense that can keep us in games, but we absolutely must get better against the pass.

I do know one thing: The Pats are not a team I would want to play come January. They were a bit out of sync early in the season, but there is no QB Id rather have come playoff time then Tom Brady, and their defense has been lights out recently. I can definitely see them making the SB.

NFC is a crapshoot IMO. I really like the Falcons to be honest, but they are too streaky for me to pick them to win the NFC. Also, dare I say, Cowboys have looked really good recently, and that triple headed running game could be nice late in the year, as long as Romo doesnt **** it up again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
ChiBear
Rookie

ChiBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll still stick with the Patriots, and although I picked the Giants at the beginning of the season and was fairly confident with them in the first few weeks, I'll have to say the Saints based on the Giants' last few games.
ChiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
If Schaub continues this pace he'll end up with 32 TDs and 4600 yards ahead of every other passer in the NFL. he got my probowl vote.
That is impressive, but WTF does that have to do with this discussion?

edit: on topic, I think it'll be Colts vs. Saints. I am not original.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Every time we dismantle someone, the win no longer looks impressive.
Have you seen the Giants lately?! They got crushed by Philly and beaten soundly by the Cardinals at home.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Vikings vs. Vikings.
Brett Favre vs Brett Favre?!?!

My head just imploded.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings vs Steelers

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Have you seen the Giants lately?! They got crushed by Philly and beaten soundly by the Cardinals at home.
They beat the eagles quite handily as well. The eagles are possibly the biggest enigma in the league though.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Pats over Saints
Old 11-02-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
They beat the eagles quite handily as well. The eagles are possibly the biggest enigma in the league though.
It should also be noted that when NO played the Eagles the Eagles were missing Todd Herramens and Donovan McNabb. The Eagles also had Jeremy Maclin starting his first game that day, Omar Gaither was hurt, the Eagles didn't have Will Witherspoon and Macho Harris was starting.

Move a month into the future and now Will Witherspoon is a big time MLB for the Eagles defense, the veteran Sean Jones is now the starter at FS, Todd Herramens is back and that allows Nick Cole to move back to RG where he belongs, Jeremy Maclin has progressed immensely since that game and most importantly the Eagles have Donovan McNabb back.

That game was close for an entire half and then Kolb just came out guns blazing like Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman and just started slinging stuff recklessly. The turning point in that game was the pick 6 by Kolb and that will not happen with the McNabb at QB who is the least intercepted QB in NFL history who has only one interception on the year and that was on a great play by Jon Beason. Those momentum killing interceptions will not be there when McNabb is in the game.

I think the Eagles can beat the Saints when they're healthy and at full strength. Those big runs up the gut won't be there with Witherspoon in the middle (Gaither was hurt) and with Sean Jones in the back of the defense (who just took over the starting FS spot and is fantastic in run defense). And IDK if anyone noticed how much better the Eagles offensive line got when Todd Herramens came back.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
It should also be noted that when NO played the Eagles the Eagles were missing Todd Herramens and Donovan McNabb. The Eagles also had Jeremy Maclin starting his first game that day, Omar Gaither was hurt, the Eagles didn't have Will Witherspoon and Macho Harris was starting.

Move a month into the future and now Will Witherspoon is a big time MLB for the Eagles defense, the veteran Sean Jones is now the starter at FS, Todd Herramens is back and that allows Nick Cole to move back to RG where he belongs, Jeremy Maclin has progressed immensely since that game and most importantly the Eagles have Donovan McNabb back.

That game was close for an entire half and then Kolb just came out guns blazing like Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman and just started slinging stuff recklessly. The turning point in that game was the pick 6 by Kolb and that will not happen with the McNabb at QB who is the least intercepted QB in NFL history who has only one interception on the year and that was on a great play by Jon Beason. Those momentum killing interceptions will not be there when McNabb is in the game.

I think the Eagles can beat the Saints when they're healthy and at full strength. Those big runs up the gut won't be there with Witherspoon in the middle (Gaither was hurt) and with Sean Jones in the back of the defense (who just took over the starting FS spot and is fantastic in run defense). And IDK if anyone noticed how much better the Eagles offensive line got when Todd Herramens came back.
Well to bad this isn't madden and you can't turn injuries off. It is part of the game. Could the Eagles beat the Saints healthy? I am sure they could but they weren't. Ifs don't go to far in football.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Well to bad this isn't madden and you can't turn injuries off. It is part of the game. Could the Eagles beat the Saints healthy? I am sure they could but they weren't. Ifs don't go to far in football.
No doubt, injuries are a part of the game. But all I'm saying is that people are giving them a little bit too much credit for beating the Eagles and that if they meet in the future (like the NFC Championship game) it would be very wrong to assume the game would play out in a similar fashion.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Eagles could beat us... if they remain healthy providing we get a rematch. Then again I think it's very possible the Falcons beat us tonight despite being heavy favorites. These next 2 Division games will tell us a lot about what kind of team the Saints are... yes they've had impressive victories over NFC, and AFC East teams but the real test comes within the Division, against Atlanta a team that is building up to be contenders for the long haul in the South, and a Carolina team that is built to beat us.