Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 10 71.43%
Cincinnati Bengals 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 9: Ravens @ Bengals

Hey sorry coordinator but Im leavin for the Ocean until Monday Night and I needed this to go up before I left.

This is the rematch and it's a must win for the Ravens. We all remember how the first matchup went with the Bengals coming in to M&T and sneaking out with a last minute victory. Penalties, and poor offensive play led the Ravens to the late defeat which was a crushing blow to the Ravens. The Ravens defense was unfairly blamed for the loss by home fans, even though they only allowed a great offense 17 points and actually put 7 of the Ravens 14 points on the board with an Ed Reed INT return for a TD.

This game concerns me, and I actually don't get any good feelings about this game. If we play like we did last week then we can win against anyone at any time but I don't believe we can keep that level of play up. The Bengals offense is much more dangerous then the Broncos offense. Cedric Benson is quite a bit better, bigger, and stronger then any RB the Broncos have. Ochocinco always burns up the Ravens, and Coles, Henry, and Caldwell should be giving all of our DBs nightmares all day sunday. And Carson Palmer when healthy and on his game like he is this year is IMO a top 5 QB in the NFL. As for the Bengals defense it is a dominating defense led by Rey "I should be a Raven" Maualuga. I think they can contain our offense and give Flacco some trouble by pressuring him early and often.

Bengals 24
Ravens 10

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24-10?????? We average over 24 points a game. I think we come into this game with the same mind state as last week but with some attitude for the last minute loss to them at home. I doubt Benson has another good game on us and as long as Mattison keeps up the blitz schemes we should get pressure on Palmer. They don't have Odem so there best pass rusher is gone. I think like the Broncos last week the Bengals come out of their bye week not as hot. I think Ray Rice has another good game as always and we play good defense. The great thing about this game being a division game is that we already lost to them once and we know we can't lose to them again.
I say Ravens win a close one 24-20
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say the Ravens win because I am a homer.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I say the Ravens win because I am a homer.
lol That's funny that's why I'm picking the Bengals.

For one, I'm hoping we avoid the mistakes on offense from the last game. Those cost a lot of points. With that said, I'm sure your offense won't be shut down like it was last game either. Should be a completely different game.

This is a hard one to call. It seems like ever since Carson has started we win at your place then you all win at PBS so I'm not oozing with confidence here. I'm sure your pass rush will be way better than it was the first game.

Should be a good game, I can't wait.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

I believe our defense will prevail and cause some key turnovers.
If the bengals can pound with benson, like they did last time, were done.
Our D needs to play physical and shake Palmer up.
If we hit Palmer and make him force some passes, the Ravens will win.
My Prediction:
38 - 24 Ravens

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, im just gonna agree with what everyones saying, cause there right. We get to Palmer, shake him up as well as shut down the run we win.

On offense, we just need to control Time of Possession and NO TURNOVERS. If we do that, 5 Steven Hauschka FG's can win us the game.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha no problem ERU, I should of had it up earlier anyways. This game really intrigues me, because there really isn't a way I can foresee it going. It could be a high scoring game, a dominant defensive game, a blowout, etc. for either team. Of course I will always vote for the Ravens in the poll, but I have no idea how this is going to turn out.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for the Bengals obviously. No one shuts down Cedric (except the Texans) and Palmer is coming off a huge game before the bye.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think it's going to be one of those games where you have a close one at the end with one team scoring in the high teens and the other in the low 20's.

If there is heat on Palmer (our Oline has been surprisingly solid as of late) then the weight of the game goes on our defense. For once if you do get to Palmer our defense is solid enough to get stops, they just need breathers. I'm very anxious about this one, huge for both teams.

Oh yeah and GO BRONCOS!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:10 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our defense got its swagger back last week after enduring (for the first time in history) a media/fan bashing in our off week...our defense has never been called out like that and i think they responded admirably....look for that to continue this week, benson is gonna get blasted.

ravens 20
bengals 10
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I hope someone crushes Cedric Benson. (nothing against him) He might be a marked man playing the same defense that he tore apart, taking away there prestigious 39 game streak.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah I hope someone crushes Cedric Benson. (nothing against him) He might be a marked man playing the same defense that he tore apart, taking away there prestigious 39 game streak.
I'd actually prefer to see less men in the box to stop Benson. Who cares if he rushes over 100 yards. Yeah it doesn't look pretty because the Ravens streak holding guys under 100, but the Ravens need as many men back in coverage to prevent Palmer burning them with Ocho, Chris Henry, and Caldwell.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'd actually prefer to see less men in the box to stop Benson. Who cares if he rushes over 100 yards. Yeah it doesn't look pretty because the Ravens streak holding guys under 100, but the Ravens need as many men back in coverage to prevent Palmer burning them with Ocho, Chris Henry, and Caldwell.
I disagree with this. I think we need to bring the pressure. The faster Palmer has to get the ball out of his hand the harder it will be to complete his passes. If we don't give Ocho or any of their receivers to get far down field they can't just toss it up. I say blitz blitz blitz
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Why wouldn't you want to stop the run? Benson is the straw that stirs the drink in that offense. If we shut him down, we put Palmer into 3rd and longs and I like our defense's chance in 3rd and long rather than 2nd/3rd and short where he's a nightmare for our DB's.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

When the Bengals running game gets going, we are very hard to beat. As a result, Carson gets more time and can exploit teams with the deep ball. Stop the run and bring heat on Carson is essential. If Benson tops 100 again I don't see us losing, with that said I don't expect him to top 100.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
When the Bengals running game gets going, we are very hard to beat. As a result, Carson gets more time and can exploit teams with the deep ball. Stop the run and bring heat on Carson is essential. If Benson tops 100 again I don't see us losing, with that said I don't expect him to top 100.
yeah, I won't make any score predictions but I will agree with you.

Benson goes over 100 and Palmer has time in the pocket = Bengals win

Ravens shut down Benson and get on Palmer = Ravens win

Also, do you think Andre Smith will get significant playing time? and how loud is it gonna be at Paul Brown stadium with the game almost blacking out again? Are the Bengals really gonna have home field advantage crowd noise?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, I won't make any score predictions but I will agree with you.

Benson goes over 100 and Palmer has time in the pocket = Bengals win

Ravens shut down Benson and get on Palmer = Ravens win

Also, do you think Andre Smith will get significant playing time? and how loud is it gonna be at Paul Brown stadium with the game almost blacking out again? Are the Bengals really gonna have home field advantage crowd noise?
No and no. Andre Smith won't get much playing time. Our offensive line has been good up to this point, and Paul Alexander is an excellent offensive line coach (and assistant head coach) and he's already stated that with how little Smith has been able to get into practices he won't be ready to play.

As for the crowd noise, I just don't think PBS ever gets "that" loud. It's a nice environment, and it certainly can get loud at times, but it's no where near as loud as some of the good stadiums in the league. Maybe because Flacco is a bit younger it might effect him a bit, but I don't think it will change the out come of the game.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd say Smith plays in obvious run situations, they have been adding extra Olineman on obvious run downs and I'd say he sees time then.

The crowd noise will have some effect but this has never been the loudest stadium in the league. Last year so many season ticket holders got PO'd that they didn't renew which is why we're close to blackouts every week, then you have people like me who hate Mike Brown and refuse to buy a ticket because of it.

Good luck today fellas, I say that in a "I hope you all play well in a losing effort" kinda of way.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Oh damn, No Haloti Ngata. That's gonna hurt, but McKinney and Bannan are solid. Just hope those two guys and Kelly Gregg can make it throughout the whole game.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

crap no Ngata is real bad, that will be big
Old 11-08-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be a tough game, I wonder if our D can show up w/ the same intensity they had against DEN. But I wonder if CIN will have the same intensity they had against us the 1st game.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Landry WTF were you doing on that pass interference
Old 11-08-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Wow, just a pitiful thing to watch defensively. We can't do anything right. Where's that sense of urgency and intensity that we played with aganist Denver? No pressure, no coverage and we can't even stop the run. What the ****!!

The only positive thing I've seen is Lardarius Webb. What a freaking stud. He's actually making the tackles that Fabian would be missing. I think he should be the starter next week whether Washington is hurt or not. Webb is the only one making plays.

edit- and those two picks are on Flacco, because IMO he shouldn't have thrown those two. Clayton and Mason are both 5-11 and were in bad position to make the play. We need to get a deep threat in this offense.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 11-08-2009 at 02:10 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Jezz!! What the **** with these refs!! I mean, sure Baltimore has had there share of penalties but that last holding call on Gaither was freakin ********. If that was a hold, then the Bengals o-line has been holding all game long. That was VERY questionable. There have been many no calls as well. These refs are terrible.

also, Baltimore needs to stop freaking comitting penalties on their part.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

way to kill the momentum Hauschka. Can this kid make a pressure kick? Jesus Lord! Ed Reed and Ray Rice bust their asses to get us back in the game and this kid screws us over again. Any big names at the Kicker position in free agency?