Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 10 71.43%
Cincinnati Bengals 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also Graham Gano is doing well in the UFL, yes its a inferior league but kicking field goals is kicking field goals.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he sucked it big time in TC and the preseason so you can't fault the FO for letting him go.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering why the team had moved so far away from the run game after the success from last year.

How much do you think losing Rex Ryan has impacted the defense or is it mostly personnel?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Well he sucked it big time in TC and the preseason so you can't fault the FO for letting him go.
Hauscka sucked in TC and pre-season and the NFL and according to Harbaugh "He can be a great NFL kicker"
Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I was wondering why the team had moved so far away from the run game after the success from last year.

How much do you think losing Rex Ryan has impacted the defense or is it mostly personnel?

I wonder that every day.

And I feel Ryan is missing a lot. Our current schemes telegrraph who is blitzing the rare time we actually blitz.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
control the TOP, tire there D out then use it to set up the pass./
if you want to do that offensively, you need an elite defense or at least one that can prevent teams from scoring on almost every drive. No sense in running the ball and controlling TOP when your down 14-0. The defense needs to pick up the slack, it's not on the offense.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

One of the worst efforts I've ever seen in every aspect of the game.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
if you want to do that offensively, you need an elite defense or at least one that can prevent teams from scoring on almost every drive. No sense in running the ball and controlling TOP when your down 14-0. The defense needs to pick up the slack, it's not on the offense.
Exactly. Really the defense controls the way our offense plays. I'm sure if we were behind in games last year we would have thrown it a lot more, but our defense kept it close and we were able to score on the ground. Of course the offense does have it's problems but I would say that the defense is the main culprit here.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Exactly. Really the defense controls the way our offense plays. I'm sure if we were behind in games last year we would have thrown it a lot more, but our defense kept it close and we were able to score on the ground. Of course the offense does have it's problems but I would say that the defense is the main culprit here.
yeah, I'm not putting all the blame on the defense either, I've been saying it all year. the offense isn't good enough to carry the team, it can win games for us, but not without the help of the defense. It's that simple, if the team that took the field against the Broncos can show up against Pittsburgh and Indianapolis, then we have a legitiment chance at winning both those games. If we play like we did last week, then we have no chance.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

also this just in -

Dwan Edwards has surpassed Trevor Pryce on the depth chart. He will start against Cleveland. I think Pryce will still be a big part of the rotation.

My question is, if they put Edwards over Pryce, then why the hell aren't they putting Lardarius Webb over Fabian Washington??
Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

that is a very good question, but I admit Edwards has went from a mega bust to a solid starter.

Also the more I thought over it I think its just we are changing up the offensive and defensive schemes this season so there will be adjustments, it is just bad timing because of the win now situation we are in.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that is a very good question, but I admit Edwards has went from a mega bust to a solid starter.

Also the more I thought over it I think its just we are changing up the offensive and defensive schemes this season so there will be adjustments, it is just bad timing because of the win now situation we are in.
Yeah, we are a team in transition right now. Not sure if we're really in a win now mode though, overall our team is pretty young.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

our 2 best players Ray and Reed can retire any season now, thats what I mean by win now.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Does anyone else think Zbikowski should get more playing time over Landry, or hell, even start? I mean that guy can lay the freakin' wood and tackle like a linebacker, plus he can't be any worse than Landry in pass coverage. We need to make changes, and make em fast.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

i doubt we make it 2 the playoffs so it will probably be 2 late. but I agree I love Zbikowski the guy is the definition of a bad ass, I wouldnt mind him playing at all. Lets see Hines Ward pull his sh!t when Zbi is back there :)
Old 11-10-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i doubt we make it 2 the playoffs so it will probably be 2 late. but I agree I love Zbikowski the guy is the definition of a bad ass, I wouldnt mind him playing at all. Lets see Hines Ward pull his sh!t when Zbi is back there :)
yeah, I love what he brings to the table absolute badass. I know a lot of us Raven fans dread the day Reed retires but I think a backfield with Nakamura and Zbikowski would be intriguing to say the least. Both were mid round draft picks and have sat and learned behind one of the best safeties to ever play the game. I hope they can pan out.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree I see that as our Safety combo for the future.

Also I am starting to wonder if Harbuagh is 2 buddy buddy w/ Mattison so he wont call mattison out on his horrible gameplans and get it to change.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I would obviously agree with the notion that Mattison is a significant downgrade from Rex Ryan, and that's a small part of the reason for why our defense has gone downhill. I have been frustrated with him at times as well, but there are many other things to blame before you blame Mattison. And regarding the notion that Harbaugh is too "buddy buddy" with him because he isn't calling him out, I don't know about that. You won't find any head coach that's going to publicly call out his defensive coordinator for his gameplan.

Our cornerbacks from top to bottom are arguably the worst in the league. Foxworth/Washington aren't McAlister/Rolle.

With that, Tavares Gooden isn't Bart Scott, Terrell Suggs is underperforming, Dawan Landry forgot how to play, and Kelly Gregg/Trevor Pryce are showing their age.

So while I think you can put some blame on Mattison, I think he's a very small part of the problem. The bottom line is that the players on D just aren't performing. They're overmatched against offenses like the Bengals and Vikings and Patriots. And I cringe at the thought of the Colts and the Steelers. Peyton carves us up even when our defense is near the top of the league, so this year should only be worse. And the Steelers offense is a terrible matchup for us. We have trouble putting pressure on quarterbacks with no mobility, so Ben Roethlisberger will be this team's worst nightmare.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 11-11-2009 at 10:21 AM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree Foxworth/Washington are not Cmac/Rolle of 2006 but I think Foxworth is a improvement over Rolle of last year. It doesnt help them at all that Mattison plays a prevent system where he has the CBs play off and they dont get any pressure on the QB
Old 11-11-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I disagree completely, he is not a solid starter at all. He is a solid depth guy, if he's your starting end then you have serious problems on your D which we do.

Its time for an overhaul of the team, but Ozzie the genious wont believe this and will just keep trying to fill the holes with awful 2nd rd picks and old free agents. Its like putting a band-aid over cancer it wont work. There are 3 parts of this team to keep intact QB/RB/OL after that blow it up and start fresh because we need it badly. Everyone who is not in those 3 categories, and not named Ngata, is expendable. I love Ed Reed, absolutely love him, but if we could get the Raiders or some team like that in the Top 15 of the draft to give us a 1st bye bye Ed, He's not the player he once was and the end of his career is 2 maybe 3 years away. Ray can go duck the media after a loss somewhere else, and we need to do everything we can to find a team dumb enough to take that monster Suggs contract off our hands. Let all of our wide receivers go, let D Will go somewhere else and get a chance and dominate like he will. Let Mason go and be a selfish player for some other team, let Clayton go and be a 400 yard a year receiver somewhere else. If Kelley Washington wants to be a Raven again next year on the very cheap I'd bring him back but if not on the extreme cheap let him walk. As for the D Line, other than Ngata let em all walk, Bannan is not the player he was last year, Trevor seems to be slowing down, Kelly Gregg is so beyond awful this year its not even funny. We're in trouble and it's not just this year, but if it's done right it could only take next year and maybe only the following year to get us right back to being a top tier team.

START OVER! Stop trying the same thing year after year and watching it not work.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree Foxworth/Washington are not Cmac/Rolle of 2006 but I think Foxworth is a improvement over Rolle of last year. It doesnt help them at all that Mattison plays a prevent system where he has the CBs play off and they dont get any pressure on the QB
exactly. Mattison isn't calling the right plays, and our players on the field just aren't performing like they normally do. You gatta blame both sides. Whenever, Mattison dials up the blitz, its either not getting to the QB fast enough or it is getting pick up by the opposing o-line. If we can get a legitimate pass rush, then our defense as a whole improves by leaps and bounds. Its simple -

Pass rush = QB must think faster = hurried throws = incompletions or interceptions or sacks

I just don't understand why players like Paul Kruger aren't even dressing out for games when our pass rush is struggling this much. I say at the very least, give him an audition during the Cleveland game, if we get up early and let see what Kruger can do. It won't hurt.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree the more I think about it the more I think the pass rush can be as good as it has ever been. Edwards has improved a lot, Johnson is becoming a very very good LB and Krueger Barnes McClain etc. would be great situational pass rushers. If we had Ryan scheme this pass rush could be legit.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
exactly. Mattison isn't calling the right plays, and our players on the field just aren't performing like they normally do. You gatta blame both sides. Whenever, Mattison dials up the blitz, its either not getting to the QB fast enough or it is getting pick up by the opposing o-line. If we can get a legitimate pass rush, then our defense as a whole improves by leaps and bounds. Its simple -

Pass rush = QB must think faster = hurried throws = incompletions or interceptions or sacks

I just don't understand why players like Paul Kruger aren't even dressing out for games when our pass rush is struggling this much. I say at the very least, give him an audition during the Cleveland game, if we get up early and let see what Kruger can do. It won't hurt.
I'd love to see them give Kruger a shot, but he really adds nothing at all to the pass rush. He is the worst pick in the history of the Baltimore Ravens, and we picked Derek Abney so thats saying something.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 11-11-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Oh and RWO **** off, you don't like what I got to say thats fine but dont be a little ***** about it and try to hide in rep comments with your ******** ******.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 11-11-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I'd love to see them give Kruger a shot, but he really adds nothing at all to the pass rush. He is the worst pick in the history of the Baltimore Ravens, and we picked Derek Abney so thats saying something.
I don't think you can say that about Kruger. I mean SO MANY rookies sit out there first year and there are so many reasons. There's no way he's the worst draft pick in Raven history when he's never been allowed to play a single down in the NFL. Give him a year or two before you say stuff like that. Guy's like Dan Cody or Travis Taylor are more deserving of that title.