Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 11-06-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Scott's early Mock Choice: Benn or any WR?

Even losing Chambers, unless we lose VJ and or Floyd I don't see us going WR in round 1. Buster Davis hasn't had the chance to prove whether he is a bust or not, he'll get that chance before AJ drafts another. Also Byrd may be ready to step in by next year.

Any players Scott picked below us that appealed? Bulaga stuck out for me, potential LT if Big mack is ever hurt, and Pro Bowl type RT to replace Clarey.

Actually all of the next 4 picks seem more likely than Benn: Dwyer, Wooten (unless they think Vaughn Martin is a future 5 technique), Bulaga, or Cody.

Does anyone think Cody may be too tall for NT? He may not be able to get the leverage he would need to dominate in the NFL.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
Even losing Chambers, unless we lose VJ and or Floyd I don't see us going WR in round 1. Buster Davis hasn't had the chance to prove whether he is a bust or not, he'll get that chance before AJ drafts another. Also Byrd may be ready to step in by next year.

Any players Scott picked below us that appealed? Bulaga stuck out for me, potential LT if Big mack is ever hurt, and Pro Bowl type RT to replace Clarey.

Actually all of the next 4 picks seem more likely than Benn: Dwyer, Wooten (unless they think Vaughn Martin is a future 5 technique), Bulaga, or Cody.

Does anyone think Cody may be too tall for NT? He may not be able to get the leverage he would need to dominate in the NFL.
WR is not a great pick IMO. even if we did lose Floyd. If we lose Jackson, I won't find out who we pick because I will have flung myself over a bridge.

Spiller is the only running back in this draft I'd really want to pick in round 1. Bulaga I am just not sold on at all as a premiere player worthy of a 1st round pick.

Cody? I would love. Play him 2 downs, and rotate him with Jamal next year. That's like 800 pounds of man stopping the run that we don't have right now.

In an ideal world Spiller, McClain, Cody, or Spikes would be picks I'd really like. If we end up picking late in the round, Trent Williams as a RT would be fun. But not wideout. It's fun to think about Benn, Jackson, and Gates but frankly this team has much bigger needs in the trenches right now, and faces the very real possibility of Sproles and LT being on different teams in 2010.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Rebelutionary
Rookie

Rebelutionary is a cocksman.Rebelutionary is a cocksman.Rebelutionary is a cocksman.

We'll draft low first round and we won't take a WR with that pick.

It's going to be uncapped and San Diego will resign most of their players. Even if it isn't, VJ is our top priority. He and Rivers do work son.

When we do draft a wide-out i think we're gonna get WR Danario Alexander if he's available. Another nice late round pick would be Stephen Williams. He's got the size of our prototypical wide recievers and combined with speed. Philip Rivers could make him look nice if he could just blow past safeties and catch the ball.

I think we should get the BPA and wait until the 2rd to get an OT. Maybe we could get Jared Veldheer or Tony Washington as one of those leeper AJ picks and they turn out beastly.

...and in that case with the BPA I think if we win the SB it will be basically a 2rd pick so I would say any of these guys in the 1 & 2rd

DE/DT Jared Odrick
DE/DT Vince Oghobaase
DT DeMarcus Granger
NT Phil Baylor
DT Cam Thomas
DE Doug Worthington

RB Toby Gerhart
RB Ryan Mathews
RB Joe McKnight
RB Noel Devine
RB John Clay
RB Demarco Murray