Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC South Division Forum

AFC South Division Forum Discuss the AFC South

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 957
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best RB in the division

Who you got? The homer in me gives it to Slaton, but I recognize that MJD has been doing it longer. If Slaton has a similar season next season then I'll feel justified saying he's the best in the division. I don't get how CJ of Tenneessee can call himself every coaches dream (even as a joke.) or think he deserves the OROY award when he didn't even outgain Slaton. I dunno what to think of the Colts RB's. Brown is just coming into the league and I don't really know much about him and Addai has been hampered by injuries. If both of these guys come up this season the way they potentially could that would suck for the other teams. Oh well.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ohhhhh yeeeaahhyya
Posts: 16,664
Reputation: 4434464
CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

MJD
CJ
SS
Addai
D Brown
LDUB

Some solid runningbacks in the division no doubt. None elite, but there is potential for some of them to get there. Steve Slaton and Chris Johnson had similar rookie years. MJD has yet to have an opportunity to showcase what he can do as the go to guy like he will this season. Addai has been strong up until this past year. It really and truly is a toss up right now, but I believe by the end of the season there will probably be a clear-cut number one.
__________________
Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
RIP themaninblack
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,238
Reputation: 6357872
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
I don't get how CJ of Tenneessee can call himself every coaches dream (even as a joke.) or think he deserves the OROY award when he didn't even outgain Slaton.
Slaton played in 16 games last season. Johnson was only in 15 because he was inactive WK 17, so Slaton had more attempts. That is the reason Slaton outgained Johnson. CJ had a better YPC average, and a better YPG average.

Chris Johnson played in a 16th game last season against Baltimore in the Playoffs. Well, technically he only played half a game after being gang raped by the Ravens. When he didn't have 4 guys hanging on him trying to break him in half, he ran for 72 yards on 11 attempts with a 6.5 YPC average, and he also scored a TD.

Updating the stats to include a 16th game for Johnson, and we have:

C. Johnson: 262 Attempts, 1,300-yards, 81.25 YPG, 5.0 YPC, 10 TD's

Compared to Slaton's 16 games:

S. Slaton: 268 Attempts, 1,282-yards, 80.1 YPG, 4.8 YPC, 9 TD's


Both had tremendous seasons.
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 13,233
Reputation: 1875039
comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Slaton played in 16 games last season. Johnson was only in 15 because he was inactive WK 17, so Slaton had more attempts. That is the reason Slaton outgained Johnson. CJ had a better YPC average, and a better YPG average.

Chris Johnson played in a 16th game last season against Baltimore in the Playoffs. Well, technically he only played half a game after being gang raped by the Ravens. When he didn't have 4 guys hanging on him trying to break him in half, he ran for 72 yards on 11 attempts with a 6.5 YPC average, and he also scored a TD.

Updating the stats to include a 16th game for Johnson, and we have:

C. Johnson: 262 Attempts, 1,300-yards, 81.25 YPG, 5.0 YPC, 10 TD's

Compared to Slaton's 16 games:

S. Slaton: 268 Attempts, 1,282-yards, 80.1 YPG, 4.8 YPC, 9 TD's


Both had tremendous seasons.
Saying that he played in 16 games last year is sort of reaching to validate your argument, since he essentially didnt play in one of them at all. Technically, Slaton played in 16 games, but he had an 'off week' in week 10 where he only ran it 4 times.

Take away that off week and its 264/1275/9 in 15 games.

I could just as easily say that had he played that game, it wouldnt have mattered if CJ played in week 17.
__________________





Last edited by comahan : 07-04-2009 at 09:46 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,238
Reputation: 6357872
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Saying that he played in 16 games last year is sort of reaching to validate your argument, since he essentially didnt play in one of them at all. Technically, Slaton played in 16 games, but he had an 'off week' in week 10 where he only ran it 4 times.

Take away that off week and its 264/1275/9 in 15 games.

I could just as easily say that had he played that game, it wouldnt have mattered if CJ played in week 17.
I'm not reaching to validate anything. Slaton had more carries than CJ, while CJ had better averages. Whether or not Slaton had a bad Week 10 where he only had 4 carries is his own fault - he averaged 1.8 YPC against the Ravens. CJ had a bad Week 10 against the Bears where he only gained 8-yards on 0.8 YPC, so it happens. Ultimately, Slaton was active for 16 regular-season games while CJ was active for 15 regular-season games. Slaton's 17 more rush attempts gave him the edge.

As I said, both RB's had tremendous seasons, and ranked Top 10 in the NFL is rushing yards. But, datchapin's statement that Chris Johnson doesn't have the right to think highly of himself because he was outgained by Slaton gives the assumption that Slaton performed better than CJ last season, and I'm pointing out that that's highly debateable.
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: houston
Posts: 957
Reputation: 27737
datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
As I said, both RB's had tremendous seasons, and ranked Top 10 in the NFL is rushing yards. But, datchapin's statement that Chris Johnson doesn't have the right to think highly of himself because he was outgained by Slaton gives the assumption that Slaton performed better than CJ last season, and I'm pointing out that that's highly debateable.
I never said they don't got the right. Obviously he did it and I'm not gonna hold it against him. I just said I don't get him. The fact that his season is comparable to Slaton and Forte for that matter makes me wonder why he would call himself Every Coaches Dream. What would that make A. Peterson? Every coaches wet dream/fantasy?

Look I'm not trying to hate on CJ, but seriously he runs behind a great line. I mean even Lendale broke off and 80 yd. run. over 10 yds. longer than any of Johnson's runs. So yeah, I don't understand where he's coming from calling himself every coaches dream, even as a joke. Same thing with the ROTY thing.

To me Slaton did perform better, I watched him more and have more info. on him than CJ, I watched him grind for minimal yds. and make incredible plays. I can't say that about CJ. one of the reasons I started this thread was so that I could learn more about the RB's I will see in the division in the upcoming season.

Having said that one of Slaton's faults was short yardage. Wether it was on him or our line is debatble. Regardless Slaton has put on 10 lbs. so he should be sturdier this season. Also we pray that one of our other backs steps up this season. Least I do.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,238
Reputation: 6357872
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
I never said they don't got the right. Obviously he did it and I'm not gonna hold it against him. I just said I don't get him. The fact that his season is comparable to Slaton and Forte for that matter makes me wonder why he would call himself Every Coaches Dream. What would that make A. Peterson? Every coaches wet dream/fantasy?

Look I'm not trying to hate on CJ, but seriously he runs behind a great line. I mean even Lendale broke off and 80 yd. run. over 10 yds. longer than any of Johnson's runs. So yeah, I don't understand where he's coming from calling himself every coaches dream, even as a joke. Same thing with the ROTY thing.

To me Slaton did perform better, I watched him more and have more info. on him than CJ, I watched him grind for minimal yds. and make incredible plays. I can't say that about CJ. one of the reasons I started this thread was so that I could learn more about the RB's I will see in the division in the upcoming season.

Having said that one of Slaton's faults was short yardage. Wether it was on him or our line is debatble. Regardless Slaton has put on 10 lbs. so he should be sturdier this season. Also we pray that one of our other backs steps up this season. Least I do.
Coaching Adrian Peterson IS every coach's wet dream though! ;) Anyway, I thought when you said, "I don't get how CJ of Tenneessee can call himself every coaches dream (even as a joke.) or think he deserves the OROY award when he didn't even outgain Slaton," that you meant he didn't have any ground to stand on to make those claims. I think any Titans fan can tell you that CJ was the Titans MVP last season - even more important than Haynesworth.

The Titans had a great OL last year, but that's mostly due to pass-blocking. Most NFL OLinemen can run-block. When it comes to run-blocking, success is mostly determined by RB ability and the opposing DEF's run-stopping ability. LenDale had an 80-yard run, but it was against the KC Chiefs.

Most Titans fans are placing all their faith in CJ this season, but he has some work to do before he can become a true-blue, full-time RB. Most notably his pass-blocking and route running. When he develops those, he'll see his opportunities increase.
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 252 represent
Posts: 1,741
Reputation: 1652644
TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

lol At Slaton Being Better Than Cj :)
__________________
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,238
Reputation: 6357872
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Slaton should have more success when the Texans play the Jaguars. The Titans are 2nd in the NFL in run-defense, and the Jets are 6th in the league. That's a tough start for any RB.

It'll be interesting to see how CJ runs against the Jets DEF and if he's able to do well.
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 252 represent
Posts: 1,741
Reputation: 1652644
TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

CJ is so much better than slaton this thread is now a complete joke, moats>slaton all that needs to be said thread\
__________________
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.