Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which Young QB will revitalize their career?
Alex Smith 46 30.46%
Vince Young 57 37.75%
Matt Leinart 36 23.84%
Brady Quinn 12 7.95%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Broncos had Vince, they'd have never started this losing streak.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The secret is Brett ******* Kern. Another Broncos L and Titans W makes him 9-0 this season. Broncos 0-3 since he left, Titans 3-0 since he came.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY over the past 3 games:

J'Ville: 114.1 QB rating, 15/18, 83.3%, 125 yards, 6.9 Y/A, 1 TD, 0 INT - 12 rush for 30 yards

@ SF: 92.4 QB rating, 12/19, 63.2%, 172 yards, 9.1 Y/A, 0 TD, 0 INT - 5 rush for 14 yards, 1 TD

Buffalo: 90.4 QB rating, 17/25, 68%, 210 yards, 8.4 Y/A, 1 TD, 1 INT - 5 rush for 29 yards.

Season starting: 99.3 QB rating, 44/62, 71%, 507 yards, 8.2 Y/A, 2 TD, 1 INT - 22 rush for 73 yards, 1 TD

He's not dinkin' and dunkin' either. As a comparison, Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub's Y/A are 8.1, and Tom Brady's is 7.6. Although to be fair, those guys don't have Chris Johnson as their dumpoff option (It's not like VY has Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, or Randy Moss either though). :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-15-2009 at 05:41 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
The secret is Brett ******* Kern. Another Broncos L and Titans W makes him 9-0 this season. Broncos 0-3 since he left, Titans 3-0 since he came.

You keep telling yourself that, and Vince Young will keep winning GAMES.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, coming into today's game 66% of Young's passing yards have come after the catch. Compare that to Peyton Manning's 50%, Matt Schaub's 48%, Tom Brady's 47%, and Drew Brees' 42%.. Don't get me wrong, he's playing well. It's just a bit too early to start comparing him to the best passers in the game.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, coming into today's game 66% of Young's passing yards have come after the catch. Compare that to Peyton Manning's 50%, Matt Schaub's 48%, Tom Brady's 47%, and Drew Brees' 42%.. Don't get me wrong, he's playing well. It's just a bit too early to start comparing him to the best passers in the game.
Boo context!!! :D

I didn't know 66% were YAC. But yeah, I didn't mean to say he was in the same league as Manning, Brady, etc. I was just trying to prove that he's throwing the ball downfield, and used those guys as an example because I think it's unanimous that Manning, Schaub, and Brady are looked at as great down the field passers.

But 66%? Really? That percentage just feels high. I'm kinda surprided, but that number will shoot up with Chris Johnson having 9 catches for 100 yards today, when VY passed for 210 total. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-15-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
You keep telling yourself that, and Vince Young will keep winning GAMES.
I'm just joking, but the Kern thing is seriously weird. Like first two weeks, okay, Baltimore and Pitt are very tough teams, losing isn't shocking. But the goddam Washington "We barely beat the Rams and Bucs, and lost to the Lions" Redskins? WTF!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Boo context!!! :D

I didn't know 66% were YAC. But yeah, I didn't mean to say he was in the same league as Manning, Brady, etc. I was just trying to prove that he's throwing the ball downfield, and used those guys as an example because I think it's unanimous that Manning, Schaub, and Brady are looked at as great down the field passers.

But 66%? Really? That number will shoot up with Chris Johnson having 9 catches for 100 yards today. :(
The most important thing for Titans fans to remember, even with those stats is Kerry Collins couldn't put the ball into his playmakers' hands to allow those numbers.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The most important thing for Titans fans to remember, even with those stats is Kerry Collins couldn't put the ball into his playmakers' hands to allow those numbers.
That's very true, and that's really what we've always needed from him. This team isn't as good as the one from last season, but Vince has never gotten the chance to really play with Chris Johnson. This team won 13 games last season because of CJ, so I've always wondered how VY would play with that kind of a playmaker behind him. LenWhale is ok, but Vince has never had a upper-tier RB behind him since Travis Henry back in his rookie season. I thought maybe he'd play smarter and make better decisions with more weapons to help him, and he has. Plus, we can now utilize the option in our offense with both of those guys, and it's been very effective especially in short yardage. The talent around him now is miles ahead of what it used to be. Chris Johnson > LenWhale. Scaife, Crumpler, and Jared Cook > Scaife and Crumpler. Justin Gage, Nate Washington, and Kenny Britt > Justin Gage, Eric Moulds, and Roydell Williams. And maybe most importantly, Mike Heimerdinger > Norm Chow. I'm glad he's getting another chance.

I was never a Kerry Collins fan. I hope I hid that well.

I'm not meaning to count my chickens before they hatch, but just seeing VY playing well for a handful of games is sooo exciting.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best 3 game streak of his career, as a passer.

Yeah, there are a lot of dump offs and short passes, but most importantly, Vince looks like he kinda knows what he is doing out there. He's playing smart and with confidence.

Plus he did a nice block today for CJ. I hate to jump the gun too, but it *seems* like he's awake now from the nightmare of 2007 and 2008.

Next week, MNF in Houston. Schedule makers must have forseen Vince starting by now, surely ;)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm just joking, but the Kern thing is seriously weird. Like first two weeks, okay, Baltimore and Pitt are very tough teams, losing isn't shocking. But the goddam Washington "We barely beat the Rams and Bucs, and lost to the Lions" Redskins? WTF!
I'm just joking too, I'm glad Vince is playing well.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You fools keep believing it's VY or Kern when it is so obviously Rod Hood. Imma go start a fan club.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
You fools keep believing it's VY or Kern when it is so obviously Rod Hood. Imma go start a fan club.
Child please, Rod Hood played in the 59-0 debacle. Brett Kern hasn't lost a game all year and the two teams who have had him haven't won a game without him!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Child please, Rod Hood played in the 59-0 debacle. Brett Kern hasn't lost a game all year and the two teams who have had him haven't won a game without him!
I'm pretty sure he didn't. I remember the rookies getting toasted all game that day.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm pretty sure he didn't. I remember the rookies getting toasted all game that day.
He registered a tackle!

http://www.nfl.com/players/roderickh...s?id=HOO217532

Brett Kern just registers WINZ.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hood was like the 4th CB/ST's player against New England, but yeah, he played.

VY, Brett Kern, and Rod Hood starting just winz gaymez!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My neice was born during the bye-week. My Neice JU5t wINZZ GAMEZ!!!1!!!!11!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
My neice was born during the bye-week. My Neice JU5t wINZZ GAMEZ!!!1!!!!11!!!!
We need to start a poll.

Who is responsible for the Titans turnaround?

Vince "Jus Winz Gaymez" Young

Roderick Hood

Brett "9-0 this year and my two teams a combined 0-9 witout me" Kern

Doughboy's neice who has never lived to see a Titans loss.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We need to start a poll.

Who is responsible for the Titans turnaround?

Vince "Jus Winz Gaymez" Young

Roderick Hood

Brett "9-0 this year and my two teams a combined 0-9 witout me" Kern

Doughboy's neice who has never lived to see a Titans loss.
I vote in favor of this poll.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young is better than Kerry Collins, no denying that, but let's credit the defense for the terrible start and for the post-bye week comeback. (Chris Johnson has been the only standout throughout the season)

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young is screwing TN out of a real quarterback next year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:58 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Vince Young is screwing TN out of a real quarterback next year.
Quoted for truth. Can you imagine how much better Chris Johnson would be if the Titans had a passing attack that people actually worried about?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Quoted for truth. Can you imagine how much better Chris Johnson would be if the Titans had a passing attack that people actually worried about?
Watcha you gotta agianst Vince?

Quote:
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing. I just don't think he is good and he hasn't done anything to convince me that he is.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Watcha you gotta agianst Vince?
Ah, so you're Italian.