Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Starvsnr
Rookie

Starvsnr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Dungy: Vick could end up with Bills

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4636199

NEW YORK -- Tony Dungy says Michael Vick could potentially wind up in Buffalo, which he says previously discussed signing the quarterback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGXs...eature=related

It was snowing in that video....
Starvsnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a cool nike commercial at the time....actually is still is pretty good.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought buffalo wanted to start winning games.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I thought buffalo wanted to start winning games.
I think Vick's biggest contribution to the team would be pushing Edwards to forget about his concussion and stop checking down. The kid was looking like such a nice young quarterback before that concussion, I know he can still be a good QB, the question is how to get there and it might be easier just to start with a new guy but I think someone like Vick and the circus he would bring would really take the pressure off of Trent and let him get used to being a quarterback again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think Vick's biggest contribution to the team would be pushing Edwards to forget about his concussion and stop checking down. The kid was looking like such a nice young quarterback before that concussion, I know he can still be a good QB, the question is how to get there and it might be easier just to start with a new guy but I think someone like Vick and the circus he would bring would really take the pressure off of Trent and let him get used to being a quarterback again.
The Bills are weak from coach to assistants to personnel on both sides of the ball. IMO they need to be gutted and rebuilt, there's a decent nucleus at certain positions to build around, they just need a better coach and some better players at other positions.

Edwards needs coaching at this point imo, not really a veteran who isn't a good passer to "push" him. I think having Vick there would do something of stunting his development.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like the T.O signing it will be to sell tickets.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does anyone care about Mike Vick anymore? He's done diddley poo in Philly

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Bills are weak from coach to assistants to personnel on both sides of the ball. IMO they need to be gutted and rebuilt, there's a decent nucleus at certain positions to build around, they just need a better coach and some better players at other positions.

Edwards needs coaching at this point imo, not really a veteran who isn't a good passer to "push" him. I think having Vick there would do something of stunting his development.
I think the DC Fewell and ST April (not doing to good this year though) are the only good coaches on the team, might throw in Bob Sanders too the DL coach.

You also need to add in everyone on the team gets hurt every year too. We are always the top team in guys on IR.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dungy has gone subtly insane, and no one has realized it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
DexterM
Rookie

DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Why does anyone care about Mike Vick anymore? He's done diddley poo in Philly
Uggh. They put him in on designed runs up the middle, or to throw the ball once every two games or so. Then when he isn't in a rhythm for OBVIOUS reasons, people say he isn't doing anything.

I'm not saying Vick is going to be great, but it's not like Philly has put him in any position to actually succeed when he goes in. For us to truly get any look of how he is, he would need to get 10-15 snaps a game in normal packages, which the eagles won't do.

I've never understood how people who like football enough to sign up on a forum, apparently STILL know nothing when it comes to football. It boggles my mind.
DexterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick will not make this team better.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
Uggh. They put him in on designed runs up the middle, or to throw the ball once every two games or so. Then when he isn't in a rhythm for OBVIOUS reasons, people say he isn't doing anything.

I'm not saying Vick is going to be great, but it's not like Philly has put him in any position to actually succeed when he goes in. For us to truly get any look of how he is, he would need to get 10-15 snaps a game in normal packages, which the eagles won't do.

I've never understood how people who like football enough to sign up on a forum, apparently STILL know nothing when it comes to football. It boggles my mind.
UGGH. I wonder WHY Vick doesn't get 10-15 snaps a game with normal packages. Cuz you know he's good enough to get those snaps but there is some huge conspiracy against him. Must be it. I mean when I say he hasn't done anything I MUST be talking about his on field play as oppose to you know actually forcing the issue and doing things that would wanna make the team want to put him on the field more.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Vick will not make this team better.
I don't think he will make any team better. Actually, maybe the Browns.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
DexterM
Rookie

DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
UGGH. I wonder WHY Vick doesn't get 10-15 snaps a game with normal packages. Cuz you know he's good enough to get those snaps but there is some huge conspiracy against him. Must be it. I mean when I say he hasn't done anything I MUST be talking about his on field play as oppose to you know actually forcing the issue and doing things that would wanna make the team want to put him on the field more.
Where did I say there was any conspiracy? He is playing behind a top 10 QB, and he is in his first year back. OBVIOUSLY they aren't going to give Vick many snaps at all. That would be ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as trying to make any judgement on Vick based on how he's played so far in packages that aren't conducive to his success.

I love how people with no argument create random banter to try and simply change the subject.
DexterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Where did I say there was any conspiracy? He is playing behind a top 10 QB, and he is in his first year back. OBVIOUSLY they aren't going to give Vick many snaps at all. That would be ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as trying to make any judgement on Vick based on how he's played so far in packages that aren't conducive to his success.

I love how people with no argument create random banter to try and simply change the subject.
Firstly then what I said was true then wasn't it? He hasn't done anything has he? Not to mention he wasn't that good BEFORE he went to jail. So, what gives you any faith at all that he is going to be any good now?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

considering that lack of decent free agent qbs this upcoming offseason he could be move valued than most people think. with penningtons age and injury concerns hes almost as much a risk as vick and vick obviously has more upside. the only other decent options out there are campbell and culpepper. campbell is the only one that will require a decent contract.

based on the skins situation on the offensive line, a mobile qb like vick would be better off than a strictly pocket passer and would allow the team to focus on drafting olineman this year.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I'm sorry I didn't fully address your point. You didn't say it was a conspiracy But what you are saying is that they are putting him out there in situations that are not geared towards him having any success then why put him out there in the first place AND why not put him in a situation for him to do anything. Which makes me conclude he hasn't done anything in practice or during a game which is why I made my first statement. He also didn't play when this 'Top 10 QB' was injured just saying. Maybe we can't judge on what he did this season but he was never that great to begin with.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck with that. I love how Vick hints at the fact that he should be getting more touches, but has done absolutely nothing to show why he deserves it. I actually think the eagles feel obligated to give him a couple snaps a game, even though snapping it directly to DeSean Jackson would both be more effective and scarier to opposing defenses.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, trent has ALWAYS been a checkdown QB...

Bills fans just never cared because he wasnt JP Losman at the time. Back then Bills fans would love any QB thats name wasnt Losman. Now that he hasnt improved at all in his 3 year career, people NOW are tired of his scared play, and his inabilites to make plays...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give the Bills my season ticket money to NOT sign Mike Vick.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I will give the Bills my season ticket money to NOT sign Mike Vick.
at least the Sabers arent bad?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
at least the Sabers arent bad?
I don't like hockey but if I did I'd be a Caps fan.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They've got a few good coaches but you're right, the guys at the top are terrible and that trickles down. I thought they should've replaced Jauron either of the past two offseasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
no, trent has ALWAYS been a checkdown QB...

Bills fans just never cared because he wasnt JP Losman at the time. Back then Bills fans would love any QB thats name wasnt Losman. Now that he hasnt improved at all in his 3 year career, people NOW are tired of his scared play, and his inabilites to make plays...
That's just not true though, he didn't have the "**** it I'm going deep to Evans" mentality Losman had, but that didn't mean he was captain checkdown. The kid moved the ball and made good throws and reads, he just didn't go deep very often because he doesn't have a big arm and is more accurate working short to intermediate routes. And he was improving steadily until that concussion, he's stagnated at that point and become more scared out there. He needs to shake that and rebuild his confidence and he'll start progressing again. But hey, if the bills want to cut him the giants are going to need someone to replace Carr soon and I wouldn't mind our staff making Trent their next reclamation project.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick sucks. He has lost his explosiveness.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's just not true though, he didn't have the "**** it I'm going deep to Evans" mentality Losman had, but that didn't mean he was captain checkdown. The kid moved the ball and made good throws and reads, he just didn't go deep very often because he doesn't have a big arm and is more accurate working short to intermediate routes. And he was improving steadily until that concussion, he's stagnated at that point and become more scared out there. He needs to shake that and rebuild his confidence and he'll start progressing again. But hey, if the bills want to cut him the giants are going to need someone to replace Carr soon and I wouldn't mind our staff making Trent their next reclamation project.
I've watched every Bills game since (i believe 2003)

trent has always had the same mentality.. he just looks worst now because he isnt getting 5-6 seconds in the pocket like he was his rookie year