Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
The Bengals running game really struggled once Benson left in the Steelers game.
Not really. It was the Steelers rush defense that played real well. Bernard Scott grinded out some tough runs. They are a much better team with Benson in the lineup, but Scott's certainly capable of making plays.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
The Bengals running game really struggled once Benson left in the Steelers game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Not really. It was the Steelers rush defense that played real well. Bernard Scott grinded out some tough runs. They are a much better team with Benson in the lineup, but Scott's certainly capable of making plays.
^^^This and the running game was struggling before Benson left the game. He had 33 yards on 13 carries. That is 2.5 yards a carry.

Not to brag on the Steelers rush defense but I was impressed with Scott. Any other team, and he would have had a really decent showing. He runs with authority and purpose. He wants to prove something. If he wasn't on the Bengals team, I would root for him the rest of the season.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be an ok move on the field I just question it from a locker room stand point if it does happen.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I think it would be an ok move on the field I just question it from a locker room stand point if it does happen.
I just don't see it being an issue if it's only for this season. My beef with why anyone would sign him is the fact that he just wasn't producing at all. These locker room destroying players normally don't show themselves till at least the 2nd season, it doesn't bother me.

He has been told he will work with the scout team and special teams. Coming in he should know he's given nothing, he apparently wants to go to a winning team.

If he could come in, give us 5-10 carries a game and average about 4 a carry that would be huge for us. Also would provide a lot of insurance. I've been really pushing for a 1st round RB next year for the exact same kind of thing.

What I really like is the style of rusher he is. It fits our team and division very nicely.

I was also concerned about what it would mean for Brian Leonard however Marvin made it clear Johnson would be our 4th RB and it wouldn't impact either of the backups.

We needed insurance, he would provide that. Maybe he will pull kind of a Corey Dillon.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is any part of LJ's motivation here related to sticking it to Pittsburgh for passing on him again?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard that Larry Johnson is reconsidering after hearing Marvin Lewis' comments, but nothing official on this yet.

Marvin Lewis said that Johnson would only be active, not even play, if something happened to one of their guys. He said LJ would simply be "insurance" and that they plan on having him inactive for games barring an injury.

He'd be the 4th string RB.

http://twitter.com/CinBengalsNFL

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...nson-as-backup

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Update:

Bengals impressed with his workout and are working out a deal right now.

http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/status/5776957831

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Heard that Larry Johnson is reconsidering after hearing Marvin Lewis' comments, but nothing official on this yet.

Marvin Lewis said that Johnson would only be active, not even play, if something happened to one of their guys. He said LJ would simply be "insurance" and that they plan on having him inactive for games barring an injury.

He'd be the 4th string RB.

http://twitter.com/CinBengalsNFL

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...nson-as-backup
This has got to be Marvin trying out an actual motivational tactic. Nonsensical otherwise.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still waiting for Tatum Bell's return to the NFL, or Ryan Torain. Johnson sucks.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bell is in the UFL as we speak.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tatum Bell has to be one of the best Madden players to ever suck in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Tatum Bell has to be one of the best Madden players to ever suck in real life.
Ernie Sims beasts.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's never averaged less than 4.0 per carry.

F'n real though, why do people still pay top dollar for running backs? They don't last long and it's all about the system. Through any scrub-deezy in the backfield in a good system (i.e. The Broncos) and expect success. Unless it's Walter Payton 2.0, no way would I pay top dollar for a running back
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's looking like the Bengals and Larry Johnson have reached a one year deal, though I haven't heard it go official yet. I would welcome the signing as long as his head's in the right place. He'll be playing behind a much better offensive line here in Cincinnati, with the threat of a much scarier passing attack, and should be much more motivated playing for a playoff contender than for the Kansas City where he was unhappy.

I could see him looking like a much different player in Cincinnati. Or maybe he's washed up. We'll see.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's looking like the Bengals and Larry Johnson have reached a one year deal, though I haven't heard it go official yet. I would welcome the signing as long as his head's in the right place. He'll be playing behind a much better offensive line here in Cincinnati, with the threat of a much scarier passing attack, and should be much more motivated playing for a playoff contender than for the Kansas City where he was unhappy.

I could see him looking like a much different player in Cincinnati. Or maybe he's washed up. We'll see.
His head won't be in the right place because his head is never in the right place.

While I agree without a doubt you have a better oline and a better passing attack, that was never his problem. His problem was that he didn't try because he didn't care. If you want a player who only cares when you're in playoff contention, you've got your man.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
His head won't be in the right place because his head is never in the right place.

While I agree without a doubt you have a better oline and a better passing attack, that was never his problem. His problem was that he didn't try because he didn't care. If you want a player who only cares when you're in playoff contention, you've got your man.
I understand it's apples and oranges, but if you would have asked a bears fan two years ago if the bengals would get anything out of Benson, what would they have told you?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post

I think he's a scrub either way, but if what you said is true....they've got their man.

He won't be a long term guy in Cincinnati. They're in playoff contention. They need another depth guy at running back. But I think they should've signed Edge or Tatum.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Bell is in the UFL as we speak.
I totally forgot that league existed.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Ernie Sims beasts.
Yeah, but I doubt Ernie Sims is gonna be out of the league anytime soon. And I doubt anyone can rack up the LB equivalent of a 3000 yard season by T-Bell which I totes did on Madden 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is exactly how I feel. Again, given him just recently being cut along with him not being here long at all... I am not all that concerned about him being an issue.

My main concern is if he's got any left in the tank. Last game of last year he had 10 rushes for 18 yards against us so that is my most recent impression.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck Bengals.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just when I think the Bengals had changed they go and do something like this. Being a Benson fantasy owner this I don't like this although LJ is useless. Speaking of Benson what's the news on his injury?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

It's just an abductor sprain. He should be good to go this weekend, and Marvin Lewis was positive when talking about a return. They may let him sit though as it is Oakland... maybe this is the week Andre Smith gets activated?

Last edited by ThePudge : 11-16-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I know it has been looking like a done deal for awhile but via ESPN its official now one year deal.

Source: Johnson signs with first-place Bengals
Old 11-18-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Facing Chiefs would be "best Christmas gift" for L.J.